One Foot In Front Of The Other { tag } Parker / So'cles

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:13 am

"I think I would like that."

Duke's breath caught the moment those rainbow eyes shifted and looked upon him. He felt fingers he'd always wanted to touch in a less than 'It's good to be your friend'' manner curl over his own, and instantly his hand closed gently around them. "Then I shouldn't keep you waiting." Once on the floor, Cles bowed to him, and he bowed in return, a smile on his face as he stepped forward and listened to the man, nodding, pleased by his words.

"I shall take follow, dear sir, if you would like to lead."

This was going to be lovely - difficult in a way, due to how he was going to have to touch his friend - but it would goo without saying how much he would enjoy the closeness. With his hand in Cles', clasping it warmly as sparks seemed to wrap around their gathered fingers, he placed a hand on the greenrider's hip rather than on his shoulder. For a moment he paused, his mind flashing to other things, things he really shouldn't be thinking about at a time like this, but they were fast dashed with the help of Wojoth, and then he smiled and tipped his head before leading them into the dance. "How is this for you?"
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:34 am

"How is this for you?"

So'cles was wrapped up in his own thoughts for a moment and didn't hear the question. All he could think of was about how warm Duke's hand on his hip felt. He put his hand on his shoulder and stepped in closer to him. A little nudge of Ylpeysth told him that he needed to say something. He stepped a little closer to Duke as they began to sway with the music. So'cles knew how to lead and follow with most dances, so he was comfortable either way. Well...right now he wouldn't call himself comfortable...he'd call himself... Shards, he wasn't even sure what the correct word for it would be. Twitterpated. That was it and he was a bit surprised by this fact.

"This is perfect." So'cles stated in a voice that seemed deeper than normal. His eyes searched Duke's face, though he wasn't sure what it was he was looking for exactly. He'd never felt this way before and he'd danced plenty of times with other people. There was a little wiggling in the back of his mind, but he couldn't exactly get a hold of it. While the song continued and they danced slowly, So'cles couldn't take his eyes off of Duke. "I...uh...you look rather handsome this evening. I don't know if I told you that before." He complimented the bronzerider.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:17 pm

"I...uh...you look rather handsome this evening. I don't know if I told you that before."

While the greenrider was unable to say anything, so to was the bronzerider rendered speechless. He couldn't keep himself from staring into Cles' eyes, feeling himself smile as he watched them shift in subtle ways. Even when the man spoke, he didn't speak again, feeling overwhelmed as he was by what he was seeing. It took him a moment, but he got there, and when he did, he chuckled and pressed his forehead forward... or at least started to, stopping only when he realized what he was doing. He quickly straightened, and nodded, flush on the back of his neck, twisting up to his ears. "You're looking very handsome yourself, Cles." You always do though.

There was more going on then what he let on, down beneath the surface, his insides were flip flopping all over each other for the compliment that he'd received. He'd been called handsome before, but it meant something else coming from the greenrider. He didn't stop to consider that it might becoming to him out of drink, instead enjoying it for what it was - something good that made his blood warm and neck darken. "You haven't, either, by the way. Told me that, that is."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:59 pm

"You're looking very handsome yourself, Cles."

During Feasts, where so many bodies were pressed into one spot, some heat was expected, but the heat So'cles felt begin to rise from his toes up to the tip of his ears. He'd been complimented many times before...and in much more suggestive ways than merely being called handsome, and yet... Duke's simple compliment had him blushing fully. On top of the heat there was a distinct pull that he could not ignore. One that got stronger when Duke leaned his head forward. What was he doing? Was he going to rest his head on his shoulder? The very thought made his heart doing something odd. What is this, Ylpeysth?

What do you think it is, my dear? The green returned with a question of her own.

I am not sure...and it scares me, but it also thrills me. What should I do? So'cles asked. He felt like apprentice learning something new and intimidating again.

Do what feels right, my dear, but don't seek an answer...simply enjoy the moments. The green responded with love and encouragement.

"You haven't, either, by the way. Told me that, that is."

So'cles pulled himself back to the moment. That was what Ylpeysth had said...to be in the moment. He flashed a warm smile down at Duke. "That is a gross negligent on my part then. I shall endeavor to tell you more often." His hands tightened their hold on the bronzerider and took a deep breath. Enjoy the moments...that's what she said...So'cles dipped his head a little as he moved closer into Duke's arms until his head was resting side by side with his friend's.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:19 pm

"That is a gross negligent on my part then. I shall endeavor to tell you more often."

Was he able to respond? No, and there was good reason for it too. The moment he felt their cheeks brush together, his breath was captured by his lungs and held for ransom there, and the price was too high of one to pay - think about anything other than this moment. He couldn't bring himself to do that, wouldn't take his thoughts away from it. Cles was so close, he could feel stubble, he could smell whisky and leather and musk. This was one part of his fantasy come to life and the idea of taking it away made everything in his body hurt and ache at the very same time.

He closed his eyes and enjoyed it, more than he did the dance. This was a closeness with the greenrider he had craved for far too long, and he wanted to soak as much of it in for as long as he was able to before reality pried them apart. Even so, he started to react, just as he would have if they were together, and this wasn't just something that was happening because of drink; his head started to move, nuzzling against Cles, and a soft little sound drifted past his lips as inevitably, air was forced through his lungs.

And yet there still weren't any words.

He wasn't sure if he wanted reality to take away this moment from him.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:00 pm

At first So'cles was a bit worried that Duke was so silent. Did he not like this closeness? Was he bothered by such a show of affection? Was that what this was? Affection? He really wasn't sure what else it could be called. Just when he was tempted to pull back in case the silence was evident of displeasure, he felt the slight nuzzle of Duke's head against his. It was soft, it was warm, it was...intimate. So'cles realized something then that made his feet falter for a second, though he was fast to pick them back up. This moment, with all its simplicity and innocence, was the most intimate he'd ever allowed himself to be with another person.

It scared him for a moment. Simply because he wasn't experienced with this sort of thing didn't mean he didn't understand what was happening. Should he let it? Duke was his one and only friend, he knew how things could end badly when a friendship was trade for that 'something more'. Slow...whatever this was...he wanted to take it slow and over-thinking things now wasn't going to help. Enjoy the moment.

So'cles's hands shifted a little to hold Duke a little tighter. Their bodies weren't pressed together, but it wouldn't have been difficult to get anything between them. He returned the nuzzle against his head and took a deep breath. Duke smelled like dragon hide and sunbeams and a hint of whisky. It was very pleasing to him and yet it also made him feel things he was uncertain of. "Is this alright?" He finally had to break the silence and ask.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:33 pm

There was a fault in his friend's steps, and it almost caused Duke to lift his head away and ask if something was the matter. But he couldn't bring himself to do that, he was too selfish to pull himself away when he was finding new scents to enjoy - oil, metal, fire. He was starting to think this was something he could get used to if it continued, the closeness, and he was going to ask Cles the same, even was going to nuzzle him again.

And then he tightened his hold, and Duke knew one thing for certain.

His heart, the parts that didn't belong to Wojoth, where no longer his.

They were Cles', for all the man would have them, when it was time to give them over.

His mouth opened and he wanted so much to turn his head and kiss his neck, but a vision of Ylpeysth appeared in his mind and said it might be too much, too soon, and so he refrained, and he nuzzled again instead, partially in response to what had been said, partially in response to his own desires and needs. "This is wonderful, Cles." He murmured, breath ghosting over part of the greenrider's neck. "This is perfect."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:46 pm

So'cles was sure that he was going to catch on fire he felt so warm. Being too hot was something that he was use to. However, where when he got too hot standing at his forge sometimes, this was a sort of heat that he wanted to lose himself in. All of this was so new and so different. For a moment he felt like he was drowning and that made his heart beat faster with the beginning panic that he didn't know what he was doing. Thank Faranth his green was able to calm him and he heard Duke's soft voice and felt the warmth of breath on his skin.

"This is wonderful, Cles." He murmured, breath ghosting over part of the greenrider's neck. "This is perfect."

Cles took a deep breath which helped to calm his nerves. Enjoy the moment. Those three words were quickly becoming a mantra for him. He had to stop and ask himself...was he enjoying the moment. There was only one answer to that question...yes. For all he felt a lost , he also felt safe and comforted. He liked being held like this by Duke and the whisky was making him just brave enough he decided to close the gap between them and held him even tighter. "Perfect is it? I am rather inclined to concur with that statement." He spoke softly in Duke's ear, his lips grazed the shell ever so slightly accidentally.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:04 pm

"Perfect is it? I am rather inclined to concur with that statement."

And then there was a moment when all time stood still around them, and Duke couldn't help but wonder if the world was going to crumble and fall apart, leaving them behind to dance in the rubble that was left behind. He was all but certain that his body could be felt hammering away thanks to how hard his heart was thudding against his chest. As it was, his mouth was tilted towards that glorious neck, and when it became too much to resist, it swept over it, just below Cles' ear, his mind hazy, his devices not quite his own.

"What is happening?" He wondered out loud, wanting to taste of that skin a second time. Knowing he needed to stop before he did something foolish. But he felt drunk, intoxicated by this man's presence, as he so often did when they were in proximity of one another. "I'm going to ruin it..." This he thought he was murmuring to Wojoth alone, and he pressed his face not cheek to cheek, but to the crook of Cles' neck instead.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:49 am

"What is happening?"

So'cles knew what he had done the second it happened. The spark of electricity, the taste of sunlight, yes he had instantly known that his lips had grazed his skin. For a second he tensed, frozen with the worry of repercussions of such a bold action committed accidentally. Then, before he could spill forth an apology from his treacherous lips, he felt the same sensation of pliant lips on flushed skin at a point just below his ear. "That, my dear bronzerider, I am not entirely certain of. As a man of intellect, that prides himself on being knowledgeable, it is not the most pleasant of sensations. I digress, however, as though I do not mean to imply that whatever is happening is unpleasant." He was rambling a little...but he tended to do that when he was nervous.

"I'm going to ruin it..."

For all Duke was lead, So'cles was taller, so it was easier for him to pull him into a tighter embrace especially when he felt him nuzzle into the crook of his neck. He had to lick suddenly dry lips. "I won't claim to know what 'it' is, but I like to think I know you well and you don't strike me as the sort to ruin things."
Image Image Image Image