One Foot In Front Of The Other { tag } Parker / So'cles

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:46 am

"Shown an interest in me in that particular way has only ever seemed interested in one thing." Cles really hoped that Duke would know what that one thing was without him having to elaborate.

And that worried Duke for two reasons - that anyone would honestly treat Cles that way, and that it meant if Duke showed an interest, he might be looked at with a similar suspicion. He worried his cheek while he contemplated if he should ever say something or not, and decided that he just needed to give it a little more time. Cles was worth it, to prove to him that not everyone was the same. Those other people were pricks, individuals that didn't deserve the greenrider and never would. Duke would try and show that he... Fuck did he sound selfish. He just had a difficult time ignoring his feelings and there was no way around that. But for Cles, he would do anything. "Someday there will be someone, Cles. And who knows. Perhaps you've already met him. Them. Perhaps you've already met them."
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:33 am

"Someday there will be someone, Cles. And who knows. Perhaps you've already met him. Them. Perhaps you've already met them."

While So'cles would not have thought anything odd about the fact Duke had said 'him, the way he quickly corrected himself to say 'them' was a bit more suspect. The barest tilt of his head as given as he looked at his friend. "Perhaps I have." He said in a soft voice as he continued to regard his friend. Ideas were beginning to form in his mind now, though for sure they were only about as tangible as a ghost. Still, the shadowy whisp of thoughts were seeded now, but he wasn't sure if he should allow them to take root.

You're thinking awfully hard, my heart. Something on your mind? The calm voice of Ylpeysth broke into his mind.

That I am. Ylpeysth do you think... So'cles began to ask and then stopped.

Do I think what, my love? She pressed him on a little.

No, never mind. It's silly. Here I haven't even had a sip of this whisky yet and already I'm allowing my imagination to get the better of me. So'cles stated with an inner chuckle.

Ylpseyth could read his thoughts and she knew his heart as well, therefore she picked her next words rather carefully. Perhaps. Though, it has been my experience that some of the best things you have ever made and been a part of has started off as just your imagination. She paused after that to let his brain mull over the words. Oh, and do enjoy that whisky for me as well. I rather like it when you get a bit of a fuzzy head. It's delightful.

"Well, shall we really begin this evening then?" So'cles asked with a warm smile as he lifted his whisky glass towards the man.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:53 am

"Well, shall we really begin this evening then?" So'cles asked with a warm smile as he lifted his whisky glass towards the man.

Duke had noticed the slight pause, the discussion between man and dragon telling him to give space to his friend without question. But while the focus was out of Cles' eyes, the bronzerider gave himself a moment to look at the greenrider with some abandon and hope, yearning for something he didn't think would be his quite yet, if ever, and he felt the ache in his chest at the realization that he might never have that chance to tell Cles how he was starting to feel about him. It was a foolish thing really, to worry about such things when he was Weyrbred and a bronzerider at that. But he'd been chased away from Fort by a set of relationships that had torn his heart asunder, and Cles had - by some miracle of the Goddess - started to piece it back together without really intending to.

He heard Wojoth comforting him, or trying to at least, and he thanked his dragon for that, but it wasn't necessary, not tonight at least. Tonight would be for good things, and he would worry about softer emotions later when there was need to do so. For the time being, all he would focus on was the fact that he was with a friend, a good friend at that, and one that didn't need to know how he felt until much later. It was better that way, it meant he didn't need to worry about losing that important piece of his life just yet. So when Cles started to speak again, he lifted his glass again and smiled, "To as much whisky as the two of us can tolerate together." He lifted a brow, wondering if Cles would drink to that.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 am

"To as much whisky as the two of us can tolerate together."

So'cles raised his glass and reached across the table to clink it against Duke's. He smiled and then brought the glass to his lips to take a drink of the liquor. However, So'cles was not accustommed to how one was suppose to drink whisky. Therefore, he sipped it as he would have a glass of wine or ale. He got a big gulp of it and almost immediately chocked. Somehow he managed to keep it all down though and swallowed it. That, though, caused him to start coughing horribly and his eyes started to water. He tried to be as modest as possible as he almost hacked up a lung. Finally, he was able to get himself under control and not dying of coughing.

"Goddess help me...that was bloody awful." So'cles said as he began to wipe the water out of his eyes. His throat still burned though. "Apparently the amount of whisky I can tolerate is none. Forgive me, dear D'kellen. I do think I sabotaged myself on that first drink. Fear not, though, as I am not the sort to give up easily. Give me a moment to recover and I think I would like to try that again." So'cles wasn't a prideful man, but he didn't want to be defeated by a mere drink either. That just felt far too embarrassing. "So this...this is something you actually enjoy drinking? May I ask why?" So'cles asked in a plaintive voice. If the second sip was just as bad as the first he didn't know if he would have the fortitude to try and third, but for now he drank more of his wine to try and chase the taste of burnt wood out of his mouth.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:29 am

"Apparently the amount of whisky I can tolerate is none. Forgive me, dear D'kellen. I do think I sabotaged myself on that first drink. Fear not, though, as I am not the sort to give up easily. Give me a moment to recover and I think I would like to try that again." So'cles wasn't a prideful man, but he didn't want to be defeated by a mere drink either. That just felt far too embarrassing. "So this...this is something you actually enjoy drinking? May I ask why?"

Duke couldn't help himself; he smiled behind his whisky glass. He knew he shouldn't have, not really at least, but for someone so numb to the effects of whisky, well... he just wasn't sure why he found it adorable. Or maybe he did, Wojoth whispered in his mind, to which he tried to chase the voice away with another long drink, filling up his glass all over again once he realized he'd drained the entire thing in a single gulp. His dragon was right though - he had found Cles' attempts to drink entirely too adorable, but he also knew he had to watch his drink, or probably should at least, especially since he didn't want to reveal too much on a semi-empty stomach and full tongue.

"Its hard to say, but there are some that are quite good. You get used to the taste, and it... sometimes helps burn its way through clouded souls." He would not lie, he'd drunk his fair share of whisky - and then some - after Fort, but this was different. This was sharing drinks and good times with a friend... with someone he felt something more for... and it would stay that way. "I can get something that tastes a little less like wood pissed in your ear. Something with a fruity flavor?" Though he wasn't sure if that would help, that would still burn. He wouldn't even begin to tell Cles that one of his favorites had the flavor of meat on the tongue...
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:52 pm

"Its hard to say, but there are some that are quite good. You get used to the taste, and it... sometimes helps burn its way through clouded souls."

Get use to the taste, right...but So'cles couldn't figure out for the life of him why someone would want to get use to the taste. There were better, yummier tasting drinks out there. Ones that you didn't have to just get use to the taste. Though, he supposed everyone's palettes were different. He may not like the taste of this, but then someone else might really enjoy drinking burnt wood and ash. "Clouded souls? Right. I guess I've never really had that problem before beyond something I'm making not wanting to work the way it should." That was one benefit of not really being close to people...he didn't get hurt by them.

"I can get something that tastes a little less like wood pissed in your ear. Something with a fruity flavor?"

So'cles waved him off. "No, no. It's alright. I will man up and drink this. I'm sure a fruitier drink would be nice, but I certainly don't want you to think I am a wimp or something." He stated and then took another sip of the awful liquid. No wonder they called this stuff liquid fire. No drink had any right to burn this much...not in his opinion. "Maybe next drink I will try something...else." He stated with a small chuckle before the sound of music caught his attention. "The music is lovely tonight, isn't it?"
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:06 pm

"Clouded souls? Right. I guess I've never really had that problem before beyond something I'm making not wanting to work the way it should."

Duke considers something, and looks around. "Perhaps I should have started you out on a more mild whisky, rather than the kind I tend to prefer. It might have gone down a little smoother, helped you grow more familiar with the burn. I might have scared you off of it right out of the gate." He turns to his glass and grins. "Trust me though, it isn't always bad. Sometimes you'll find yourself wanting that burn over any other pain. It helps, believe me." Or as a distraction, which he'd employed at some moments in recent days thanks to his growing feelings for the greenrider, though that remained unsaid.

"The music is lovely tonight, isn't it?"

Nodding, the bronzerider glanced towards the harpers, then at the music, and smiled, thinking he wouldn't mind dancing with the greenrider. "It's wonderful. You know..." He paused, hesitated even. Then decided more drinks might be needed before he gained the nerve to ask. Would it seem suspect if he did so, suggested they get on the floor together? "We need more drinks." He couldn't look at Cles then, certain his true intentions would be revealed if he did.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:31 pm

"Perhaps I should have started you out on a more mild whisky, rather than the kind I tend to prefer. It might have gone down a little smoother, helped you grow more familiar with the burn. I might have scared you off of it right out of the gate."

So'cles shook his head. "As kind as that would have been of you, I do believe I said I wanted to be adventurous tonight. This does seem to be the most adventurous as far as drinking can go." He said and then as if to prove his determination that he wasn't going to let this drink defeat him. "Takes more than a strong burn to scare me off right out of the gate. Besides...the burn isn't as noticable now." Cles said and then took another sip of the brown liquid. It didn't seem as strong this last drink as it did during the first drink. While he didn't know it, he didn't notice it because he was quickly becoming affected by the strong alcohol. The greenrider had no tolerance though, since he didn't drink hardly anything harder than wine.

"It's wonderful. You know...We need more drinks."

"More drinks?!" He asked with some surprise. "Well, if you think so then I will trust you. More drinks it is." So'cles said and then decided it was probably a good idea for him to finish what he had left in his glass before Duke got him another one. The tips of his fingers were already getting a little tingly, but he didn't pay attention to it...instead his attention was on watching Duke. Those thoughts from earlier hadn't left him, but he had put them on the back burner...however, now it seemed they wanted to come to the forefront of his mind. "Do you dance, Duke?" He asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:18 am

"Takes more than a strong burn to scare me off right out of the gate. Besides...the burn isn't as noticable now."

He tried to resist smiling, he really did, but it was hard not to when he knew the reason for the burn not affecting him anymore. There was a reason for it, after all - it was because he was feeling the alcohol instead, and the burn was becoming a thing of the past, something not to worry about anymore. Instead of smiling, he looked at his friend with as straight of a face as he could manage, though his lips still twitched with the humor barely hidden underneath, and nodded. "That's a good thing then. Means I chose a good liquor. If I had chosen something terrible, it would burn and something worse. You're good for now." And so he poured more and lifted his glass in silent toast, though he hoped Cles would lift his glass up, whether he drank or not with him.

"Do you dance, Duke?"

Duke, again, glanced in the direction of the harpers, and instead of sighing wistfully as he had - in his head at least - he turned to Cles and made the decision to answer him with a question instead. He pushed back from the table and finished off his drink, stood, and approached his friend's chair, hand going to the back of it, fingers curling over the back while his friend hand went out towards him. "Why don't I show you?"
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 am

"That's a good thing then. Means I chose a good liquor. If I had chosen something terrible, it would burn and something worse. You're good for now."

"If this is a good liquor, I fear I would hate to know what a bad one tastes like. Though, I very well might acquire a taste for it." So'cles said and then raised his glass in toast. He put it to his lips and took another drink. This time the burn was even less and he could honestly he could taste more of the actual flavor of the whisky. He turned his head, that was when he realized exactly how much he was feeling what he already had drunk.

"Why don't I show you?"

So'cles watched him closely as he stood from his chair and then neared his. He felt his heart skip a beat or two as he looked from Duke's hand to his handsome visage. He took another sip of the whisky to steady his nerves. "I think I would like that." He said softly and then took a hold of Duke's hand as he stood up. His rainbow colored eyes watched Duke closely as they headed to the dance floor. By the time they got there one song had ended and another was beginning. So'cles turned to face Duke and gave him a polite bow. "I shall take follow, dear sir, if you would like to lead." That seemed only fair since it had been Duke to ask him.
Image Image Image Image