One Foot In Front Of The Other { tag } Parker / So'cles

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:09 pm

"I'm sorry your feast was not more enjoyable, but I suppose impressing to Wojoth made it all the more bearable. I don't think I've said before, but he is a fine beast."

It was still such a clear memory in his mind, but really, how could it not be? The day he'd Impressed his dragon might have been a bit of a rush, and one involving a surprise and injury, but you never forgot something so momentous as that. He thought fondly of Wojoth in those first few moments, so strongly that that bronze picked up on the thoughts and crooned as he looked in on them, sharing the moments with his rider. After it had passed, he shook his head and took a sip of his drink before he started to tear up on Cles, not wanting to do so in the middle of the hatching feast.

He offered his friend a smile and reached out to give his wrist a squeeze, prompted to do so by said beast who was beaming with all the pride that he could muster. "You're going to give him an ego at this rate, and I don't think I could bear the thought of dealing with a creature that size and temperament having one of those." He winked, though softened quickly, and nodded, obviously pleased by what had been said about his dragon. "Thank you, though, by saying so about him. If I haven't said enough about Ylpeysth, she's a fine, beautiful, amazing girl."

"Would you mind if we move some place a bit less crowded. I fear my outfit is not going to make it through this feast if we remain here."

Duke was torn in four: go after the man to make him apologize, resist helping Cles dry off, offer to take him someplace more private so the stain would never show, do as he sincerely wished. In the end, no matter his desires and wants, the bronzerider complied and placed a hand under Cles' elbow to help lead him away from the main throng of the crowd. "We can go to some of the tables on the side. I'll get us more drinks and some food if you'd like?" He snagged a couple of cloth napkins from a nearby table as they made their way over, just in case the greenrider ended up needing them for the mess on his pants.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:11 am

"You're going to give him an ego at this rate, and I don't think I could bear the thought of dealing with a creature that size and temperament having one of those. Thank you, though, by saying so about him. If I haven't said enough about Ylpeysth, she's a fine, beautiful, amazing girl."

"I thought that was a requirement for you bronzeriders and your dragons." So'cles said with a teasing and playful smirk. Everyone knew that bronzeriders and their dragons had an ego. Just like everyone knew that greenriders and their greens liked to flirt. He liked to think that neither he, nor Duke, fit the stereotypical descriptions of the color of dragons that they rode. "Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut so as to keep him within a manageable size for you. I can't say same thing about Ylpeysth, however, she is quite fond of your boy." In fact, he was pretty sure that his dragon would be tickled pink if he decided to chase her during her next flight. It wasn't uncommon for bronzes to chase greens, after all.

"We can go to some of the tables on the side. I'll get us more drinks and some food if you'd like?"

"Yes, I think a bit more drink and more to eat would be wonderful. Thank you. I would be enjoying what I already have had people not decided that I should wear more of the drink than actually consume it." So'cles said with a bit of a huff as he allowed Duke to lead him over to the side where there was other tables. It wasn't as close to the music, but that was alright. Right now he really just wanted to enjoy a bite to eat and something to drink. Perhaps later he would ask Duke if they could move closer again so as to enjoy the music a bit better. "I certainly didn't plan to come to the feast with a bulleye plastered on my back. Goddess forbid people become more inibriated. I'm sure I'd be run over with boot marks left on my good clothes."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:33 am

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut so as to keep him within a manageable size for you. I can't say same thing about Ylpeysth, however, she is quite fond of your boy."

That wasn't a surprise to Duke, and he knew that it would please Wojoth to know when he found out. He grinned behind his glass, because it was the only way he could hold back his chuckles of delight. He hoped it meant that the bronze would chase the beauty of a green when she rose next. It was just a shame he wouldn't be able to spend that time with her rider. Now the chuckles died down, and so did the frown, and before he could moan from the image that suddenly appeared in his mind, he had to drink. "Well," he explained, happy expression on his face again when he drew the glass back. "That's good to hear, because he's just as fond of your girl. I can say that's probably why you've been seeing so much of him around her lately. Starting to think he likes her more than me." That last bit was said with a bit of a mock pout, though with enough fondness for both dragons, there was no doubt that he wasn't upset about it at all.

"I certainly didn't plan to come to the feast with a bullseye plastered on my back. Goddess forbid people become more inebriated. I'm sure I'd be run over with boot marks left on my good clothes."

"I wouldn't allow that to happen." The idea left Duke angry and upset. "I would sooner go after people than allow them to harm you like that." He made sure Cles was seated before finishing off his glass. "I'll be right back. I think I have an idea of some of your favorite things by this point. I'll get some of them - and a couple of surprises - for us both." He winked and headed off to gather the food and drinks, and a little while later, he returned with the tray, while wasn't too overloaded, but held a bounty of things for the two of them to share with one another. He didn't say a word as he set it down, just presented it, then topped off their glasses with the drinks they'd want - harder liquor or himself, and the wine he knew his friend would desire.

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:51 am

"That's good to hear, because he's just as fond of your girl. I can say that's probably why you've been seeing so much of him around her lately. Starting to think he likes her more than me."

So'cles couldn't help but smile at that and reach over to pat him on the arm. "I have to say I have noticed. I don't mind though. She could certainly be hanging out with worse dragons. Besides, I think even if I did have something to say about it....she wouldn't listen to me. She likes him too much. Not to get your boy's hopes up, but I think he stands a good chance during her next flight. She normally isn't so chummy with other dragons." He, of course, did not participate in flights, but that was something that Duke already knew so it didn't bear repeating.

"I would sooner go after people than allow them to harm you like that." He made sure Cles was seated before finishing off his glass. "I'll be right back. I think I have an idea of some of your favorite things by this point. I'll get some of them - and a couple of surprises - for us both."

He couldn't help but chuckle and roll his eyes a little."Oh Duke. You know that would not be necessary. I do thank you and appreciate you for your diligent friendship." Cles said with a soft and warm smile for his friend as he sat down. This was much better, being over here out of the way and where it was more quiet. He could hear himself thinking again. However, that would prove to be a two edge sword as an odd tingly sensation went from the base of his neck down his spine as Duke said he'd get him the things he'd like and a couple of surprises. Cles had never felt something like that before. It was no doubt due to the fact that he was so lucky to have a friend like Duke and he knew it. Honestly, thanks to the bronzerider he now knew what it was to have a friend, a real friend. That had to be what the feelings in his stomach was about....right?

Without knowing he had assumed the thinking position as he contemplated the odd sensation he'd been feeling, but dropped it as soon as Duke was back with his arms laden in food and drink. "Goddess Duke! I could have helped you care that back here. Thank you though. All of this looks absolutely wonderful." Cles said as he helped his friend to deposit all of the things he had brought back. The food looked and smellled amazing. The wine looked to be of the sort he enjoyed the most. Once everything was set up, he lifted his glass of wine and held it to Duke. "Here's to you, the best friend a man could ever wish for." He toasted with sincerity.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:33 am

"I have to say I have noticed. I don't mind though. She could certainly be hanging out with worse dragons. Besides, I think even if I did have something to say about it....she wouldn't listen to me. She likes him too much. Not to get your boy's hopes up, but I think he stands a good chance during her next flight. She normally isn't so chummy with other dragons."

Duke asked Wojoth if he had heard, and the bronze said he had, but wasn't going to put much stock into it yet; Ylpeysth was glorious, and her choice would be determined by whether or not he was able to woo her properly. He would try though, the bronze insisted, because he utterly enchanted by her. The man chuckled and repeated to his friend what his bond had said. "He doubts himself, but he'll be so disappointed if he loses." He looked down in his drink, wondering when would be the right time to be so open and honest with Cles. But Ylpeysth had said to be slow, to go easy... "I find it adorable that he is so sweet on your girl."

"Here's to you, the best friend a man could ever wish for."

Duke lifted his own glass, looking across at Cles with happiness on his face, fondness in his eyes. "To you my friend. May happiness always follow you, may we always be together in one way or another." Realizing how that might sound, and feeling the back of his neck begin to burn, he kept his glass in the air and continued to smile, refusing to let it falter. "I can't imagine not having you as my friend. You're with me, Cles. You should start preparing for a life of seeing this face at every turn. Let me apologize for that before we both get to be too much older." He teasingly winked, but in reality, he thought an older, well aged Cles would be handsome.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:58 am

"He doubts himself, but he'll be so disappointed if he loses." He looked down in his drink, wondering when would be the right time to be so open and honest with Cles. But Ylpeysth had said to be slow, to go easy... "I find it adorable that he is so sweet on your girl."

"It's good that he isn't so arrogant he thinks he is a shoe-in. I've seen Ylpeysth break males hearts before. She's a bit manipulative, for all I love her, but yes...it is good that he is being a little cautious." So'cles stated as he took a bite of one of the tarts that Duke had brought back over to their table. "So do I, to tell you the truth." The greenrider started to say something, but then stopped as he debated if he should or not. Finally he decided to just say it. "I will admit, that sort of thing I have always lived rather vicariously through her for." He'd never been sweet on someone before. At this point he wasn't sure if he would know it even if he was. While he was alright with this for the most part, there was a part of him that knew he was missing out on something good.

"I can't imagine not having you as my friend. You're with me, Cles. You should start preparing for a life of seeing this face at every turn. Let me apologize for that before we both get to be too much older."

Cles gave a warm and wide smile that made his entire, long face crinkle with joy. "Duke, you have been and are the best friend I have ever had....I'm serious about that. It's not for lack of trying to make friends. Before you I really didn't think I needed them and was happy with just my work and Ylpeysth, but you have shown me just how marvelous friendship is. For that, I am afraid that you shall always be stuck with me." He spoke with sincerity and genuine honesty, but he didn't want to make the moment too mushy so he had to tease a little. "Not to break off of our warm little moment, but this is a very fine vintage you have found. However, in light of our....admittance of never wanting to be rid of each other, I feel like being a bit...adventurous. What say you pour me one of those stronger drinks you like."
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:38 am

"Not to break off of our warm little moment, but this is a very fine vintage you have found. However, in light of our....admittance of never wanting to be rid of each other, I feel like being a bit...adventurous. What say you pour me one of those stronger drinks you like."

Duke liked the way his friend thought, at least now, but there was something he had said a bit earlier that was still sticking to Duke's mind. He didn't want to be rude about it, but he couldn't exactly let it be let go, and he wanted to know about it, and what had been meant. So he held up a finger, and reached on the tray for the extra glass he'd nabbed just for this moment having anticipated - or hoped, rather - that Cles might want a taste of the whisky he'd selected for the evening. "I will, but I have a question about something you said a little bit ago, if you don't mind me asking about it."

He started to pour the liquid, and when he had enough, he held it just out of reach for a moment. "What did you mean about living vicariously through Ylpeysth?" With that asked, he paused a moment or two before handing the whisky over to his friend. "You've got me curious, my friend."

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:33 am

"What did you mean about living vicariously through Ylpeysth?" With that asked, he paused a moment or two before handing the whisky over to his friend. "You've got me curious, my friend."

So'cles watched as Duke took his bottle of whisky and then a spare glass from the tray and poured him a glass of it. He'd never drank anything hard before as he preferred to stick to ale and wine if he drank anything. This would be an experiment for him for sure, but he trusted Duke and knew that even if he did start to feel it more than normal he would be safe with Duke watching out for him. Anyone else he likely would not ever consider the chance of getting tipsy with, but Duke was different. Apparently, though, Duke had a stipulation of sharing his whisky with him.

"Oh well...I mean, it's not really anything that exciting." So'cles began. He really didn't mind telling Duke, but it wasn't exactly something he talked about on a normal basis, so he wans't entirely sure how to go about sayikng it. "I've never really been in..." He began, but then didn't like the way he was wording things. "I haven't ever felt the inclination to be sweet on someone myself, you see. I suppose work has always been the love of my life, that is until Ylpeysth impressed to me of course. Therefore, anytime she takes a fancy in a male, then I can sort of get an idea of what it would be like for myself." He happily took the glass that Duke offered to him. He looked at the dark liquid and swirled it around once before taking a sniff. Even the smell was strong. He was maybe going to regret this.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:00 am

"I haven't ever felt the inclination to be sweet on someone myself, you see. I suppose work has always been the love of my life, that is until Ylpeysth impressed to me of course. Therefore, anytime she takes a fancy in a male, then I can sort of get an idea of what it would be like for myself."

Duke had a question in response to that, but he resisted asking about it. At first. The more he thought about it, and let it sit and simmer in his mind, though, the more he wanted to just let it spill out, and finally, after a while... He took a bit of a breath and just let it tumble past his lips. "Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone? Instead of just going through the motions with your dragon, that is." He then felt his breath catch in his lungs, because it might come off as suspect to the greenrider, and Duke wasn't sure what he would do if Cles caught on from that question alone.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:24 am

"Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone? Instead of just going through the motions with your dragon, that is."

So'cles had just gained the courage to take a sip of the strong smelling liquor, but Duke's question was a welcomed distraction. Both of his hands moved to grasp the drink as he thought about it. He had no idea of Duke's worry that he would figure out he was, in a sense, fishing for answers for himself. "Well, of course, I've wondered about it." A coy little smirk spread on his lips. "I know it might not seem it sometimes, but I am human with normal human feelings." His shoulders rose and fell in a small shrug. "I've simply never met anyone that I would want to experience it for myself with. Anyone that has....how do I put this modestly...." He paused for a moment. "Shown an interest in me in that particular way has only ever seemed interested in one thing." Cles really hoped that Duke would know what that one thing was without him having to elaborate.
Image Image Image Image