Congratulations and Dancing - Tag: Sunaia/Caryatid

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:10 am

Mar'lus had noticed Sunny waving him over. While he was a bit wary to do so, he was not the sort to be so rude as to not give in and approach her and her father. He really didn't want another confrontation with L'van, especially not at a Feast and because well...there was no need for one. He hadn't been "messing around" with Sunaia before and he wasn't the sort of dick to do so now when she had something more important to think about.... a baby dragon.

Thank Faranth the conversation went civilly. It was obvious the man was proud of his daughter, as he should be. With Shardamakath's assurances that he was being respectful and polite, Mars felt far more relaxed by the time the Weyrleader took his leave of them.

Mars then turned his attention fully on Sunny. "I know I said it before, but congratulations. Your Samandirieth is a stunning dragoness. If you don't mind me saying so, you also look very stunning this evening" He said with a kind smile and a polite half bow. "Shardamakath is nearly beside himself with pride over his babies." Beside himself was an understatement.

"Have you had a chance to eat or would you like me to get you some juice?" He offered her politely.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Caryatid

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:31 am

It was a relief, a vast relief, that this interview seemed to go a little better than the one previous. Maybe it was the festivities swirling around them, or the pride and love which shone in Papa's eyes whenever he looked at her. Whatever it was, she was grateful for it. She wasn't certain she'd survive the embarrassment, if he'd been openly unhappy that she'd singled Mar'lus out in the crowd, on this night of all nights.

She left L'van with a kiss on the cheek and a promise to find him soon.

"I should be thanking you and Shardamakath," she pointed out as she turned back to the other bronzerider, "not accepting congratulations from you. You both made this possible. You helped make what I needed more than anything else in the world. She's perfect. All of his children are perfect but she's the most perfect, of all of them."

The pleasantries flowed easily and Sunaia was a little surprised to realize she wasn't blushing, to have been so complimented. She tilted her head up as she studied Mar'lus, trying to pick through why that might be. Samandirieth was sleeping; when awake she might have been urging Sunny to greater shows of confidence, but how could she be doing that while she wasn't even conscious?

It left her expression slightly thoughtful, slightly less radiant, as she met the bronzerider's eyes. This was worth a test. So she said, "You look handsome as a Lord Holder yourself. You always do but that tunic suits you,," and then waited. Blush?

No blush.

What in the world.

It was probably best not to study this great gift and blessing too closely. Instead, Sunaia plunged on. "No, no, I'm fine. Don't go. I wanted to tell you too... I'm sorry. About the lake. That really was my fault. I hope you don't think you did anything wrong."
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:54 pm

Mar'lus gave her a genuinely proud smile. "Well, thank you, but I had very little to do with it. I was merely along for the ride." What a ride it had been, though those thoughts were not exactly the proper ones to have while in the presence of a young lady, so he quickly through them aside. "This is Shardamakath's first clutch. I do believe he did rather well, but I know I am quite biased. We are both ecstatic that one of his children turned out to be the perfect one for you."

If Sunny looked close enough she would have noticed that perhaps the blush she normally sported had transferred very lightly onto his cheeks. Mars was not the sort to be lavished with such comments, and while he was far from a gushing maid, occasionally he'd get hit with a compliment that managed to pull a bit of color from his cheeks. "Thank you. I feel a bit ridiculous is such fineries and I doubt I'd ever know what a Lord Holder would feel like, but I am happy you approve." At least he'd gotten the clothing right.

Immediately Mars tried to stop her from apologizing. "No, Sunny, you do not have to apologize for your father. It is obvious that he loves you and only wishes to protect you." He said trying to be fair to the man. "I do not believe it was my fault, nor do I believe that it was yours. You fell and I caught you. It was as simple and innocent as that. If I can be candid...I do believe your father is a bit over-protective. You're not a child after all."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Caryatid

Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:05 am

There it was. The blush, insidious, just a shadow on his cheeks, and a more sprightly heat in her own. Had he been an old friend, someone she'd known for Turns in Telgar, she might have made a joke Shardamakath's-- and Mar'lus'-- future prospects now that they'd so capably proven themselves the first time. Nothing truly racy, her constitution wouldn't allow it, but something light and teasing.

Instead, she opted to steer clear of that subject entirely. It seemed safer-- especially if there was any risk of the shared flush rooting deeper. Best to hurry on, and Telgar's Headwoman had been a capable teacher when it came to conversational niceties. She was grateful, whether it was her dragon's doing or not, that she felt more centered and less awkward.

Maybe it was the depth of the sport's sleeping mind, offering not exhaustion so much as an unrippled calm.

"Finery is a sweet luxury. A blessing, really. And so is someone who's as understanding as you are, sir. You're good to me, and to Papa. I should have told you. In Telgar, it... often changed how people behaved, when they knew he's my father. But I should have trusted it wouldn't change things, for you."

Sunaia hesitated, just for a beat. Innocent. Yes. On his side. She looked down at her laced fingers. "It's possible he's protective because he knows I'm no longer a child."

It was a thoughtful statement and one which lent a hint of danger to her subsequent question: "Would you like to dance, sir? I promise not to keep you too long from the many congratulations you've earned but just one dance?"
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 pm

"Sweet luxury and a blessing?" Mars asked doubtfully. "I feel like a harper's art project put on display. Though, I suppose it would not bode well for the rider of the sire of the clutch to appear at least a little more than just passable." He tugged at the collar of his tunic to try and escape a bit of its tightness.

Her kind words made him smile warmly and turn his head a bit in humble embarrassment. "It is you that is too kind to me for saying such nice things. You, Sunny, are easy to want to be good too. I will admit that my feathers get a little ruffled when it comes to authority figures, but I understand your father was merely being your father." His hackles had stayed raised for a bit after that encounter. It was one thing to be scolded rightfully, it was another to not deserve it and still be accused of something.

"You are your own person, Sunaia. I would never dare to judge you for who your family is. A person should only be judged by their own character." He said with conviction. Being holdless there really wasn't such a thing as rank. It didn't matter who you were born to, but it did matter what you could contribute to the community as a whole. "You are not a child anymore, Sunny. If your father really sees this then he shouldn't be so protective of you." Of course, he didn't know what it was like to be a father either, so perhaps he shouldn't be talking.

Mars could only stare at her dumbfounded for a moment. She wanted to dance? With him? It wasn't that he minded the thought of dancing with her...it was merely the fact that he had no idea what he was doing when it came to dancing. "It would be far too rude of me to refuse, but I should want you I will likely step on your toes several times. I've never really danced before.
Image Image Image Image

Caryatid

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:39 am

Sunaia's fingers twitched and she hid them in her skirt. She'd helped Papa adjust his collar or straighten a half-cloak or untwist a chain a hundred times and more over the Turns. It was a simple, useful thing to do. But she didn't dare make the same gesture towards Mar'lus; it felt too different. She settled instead for tapping at her own throat with a finger and suggested, "Unfasten the top button. You'll still look presentable, you always look just... just fine. But it'll help you feel less squeezed."

It was a tiny kindness, hardly a fair trade for the consideration he was showing with his words. She was grateful, deeply deeply grateful, that Samandirieth still slept. The questions she'd have, the upset Sunaia might provoke, if she were awake...

She needed to not flutter so much, inside. But the bronzerider made it so very difficult, just by being himself.

"It's hard for him," she said of L'van. "I... came here because I was ill. Near to dying." The hand she'd used to tap at her throat flattened over her chest. "Telgar's weather and my lungs didn't agree. So he almost lost me twice, first when he had to leave the North and then this. He's a good man. A good Weyrleader. It really was my fault, I've made it such a habit to scare him. When he saw us... when he saw me..."

And the way she knew she'd been looking at Mar'lus...

Well.

The safer subject was dancing, the danger to her toes notwithstanding. She extended her hand to him and then the other, both held out for the taking. "I'll teach you a simple one. We step together, mirror each other, and on the fourth step you lift me, turn and set me down again. It's very easy, I promise. And all the rage in Telgar! You'll be setting a trend down here."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 am

"Undo the top button?" Mar'lus questioned and then went ahead and did that, then just for good measure he undid the second one as well. He gave a breath of relief after that. "That is much better. Thank you. I'm sure it is painfully obvious that I am not accustomed to wearing such garb. I honestly forgot I even owned this particular outfit."

A look of concern crossed his face upon hearing how near to death she had been. "Faranth, I am so sorry. I'm glad that didn't happen. I'm sure that lovely dragoness of yours is even happier about it." Death was a common occurrence for the holdless and even more common for a raider. It certainly was something he'd seen enough of in his life and worse yet was the guilt of knowing he had caused a few deaths himself. Still, the thought of someone as young and vibrant as Sunny almost dying...it just felt wrong. "Knowing that...I think I can completely forgive him. If I had almost lost someone I cared for not once, but twice, I would undoubtedly be just as protective. And yes...I will concede that he is a fine Weyrleader." Mars had no plans or aspirations to become the leader himself, but he knew that it was possible.

"Hey, no, it wasn't your fault. With what you have said I would say that it was no one's fault." They hadn't done anything wrong and he couldn't really blame L'van for being protective.

A laugh cracked his face and made the laugh lines around his eyes and lips more defined. "All the rage, huh? Alright. If you think I can do it, then I will do my best." He said as he took a hold of her offered hands. "So....one, two, three, and then a lift and turn on the fourth. I can do this." His eyes were glued to her feet as they began the steps. On the forth one he lifted her and turned then put her back down gently. "How was that?"
Image Image Image Image