Inevitable Encounter - Sid'nis | Parker

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:44 pm

Cador was one of the worst kinds of leader, the sort that believed his pride took precedence over the rest of the world. Men who favoured their ego over the people they governed most often abused the people to feed their pretensions. They censored the voice of the people, the will of the people, and the actions of the people, silencing everything and anything that caused their vanity injury. Pride was the poison of every civilisation, whether it was in the north or the south, for pride always gave way to tyranny.

It was the one lesson Cador taught Mul'rec, and it was the one lesson Mul'rec would never forget.

When Sid'nis placed a hand on Mul'rec's shoulder, the man covered it with his own.

"Of course, Mul'rec. Of course. You've got my eyes and ears on them all you want. You're my friend. That is the least I can do and if there is anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask."

Mul'rec took the hand, and placed a kiss on the top of it in appreciation. "Thank you, Sid." He truly did miss his old friend after all these turns absence, yet for all the distance, he did not regret it. At the time, with Sid'nis' relationship budding with A'rosius, Mul'rec realised space was best kept between them to give the two lovers space to breathe and grow. Now, however, there was no more need of distance. After the events of the last sevenday, Mul'rec knew they needed each other now more than ever before if they were to face the future. For that reason, he held to the man's hand as another sip was taken from his wine glass. "For now, it is best we let the matter be. They are safe, and that is all that matters." He gave a tug of the man's hand so that Sid'nis' arm now looped through Mul'rec's. "We've a night to catch up now with one another, so tell me, what happened to you Sid?" How could Mul'rec not recognise the change in his friend as a symptom of a condition far more nefarious?
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:40 pm

"Thank you, Sid."

"Of course, Mul'rec. You know I care about you. I'd do anything to help you out." Sid stated honestly. He returned the gesture of pulling the brownrider's hand towards him to kiss the top of it. He was use to that sort of display of gratitude from his friend and had learned to not read into it.

"For now, it is best we let the matter be. They are safe, and that is all that matters."

Sid'nis nodded and gave his hand a squeeze in understanding. "Yes, that really is all that matters. I swear by the shell of Iolith's egg, I'll keep my eyes on them." He promised him with all of his heart. He could understand how Mul'rec felt. He couldn't imagine feeling any differently if it was his family in this sort of situation.

"We've a night to catch up now with one another, so tell me, what happened to you Sid?"

The hand that was now looped into his arm gave it another squeeze as he looked at his feet. He felt he owed Mul'rec to tell him something, but he was a bit loathe to go into all the details. "I made a mistake. A big mistake. The man I was with at the time didn't not take it well. He, uh....he did something extreme and I felt the cause for it. The guilt almost completely consumed me." Mul'rec would know almost better than anyone how badly Sid took and handled feeling guilty over anything. "I'm trying to teach myself it wasn't all my fault, but it's hard not to. Still have issues facing myself sometimes, which is why I made these changes." He stated as he gestured to himself and the obvious differences. The hair and the tattoo.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:23 am

"Yes, that really is all that matters. I swear by the shell of Iolith's egg, I'll keep my eyes on them."

"Good." Ma'lek and Solange also swore the same to Mul'rec. With the three of them combined, Mul'rec was confident his family would stay safe. Given some time for Inez to settle, he would also see to it that his daughter learned how to properly defend herself and their family. He had already spoken with Ma'lek and Ar'vis, and both men agreed to help Mul'rec teach the woman how to wield a rapier and dagger. Never again would Cador every hurt them.

When Sid'nis squeezed Mul'rec's arm in response to the question, Mul'rec did not interpret the gesture as a motion for the best. Instead, steeled himself for the worst. "I made a mistake. A big mistake. The man I was with at the time didn't not take it well. He, uh....he did something extreme and I felt the cause for it. The guilt almost completely consumed me." Yes, Mul'rec understood the power guilt and shame had on the bluerider, though he could not understand for the life of him what Sid'nis could have possibly done. The bluerider had always been a good man, and never had anything to feel so shameful about as to alter nearly every aspect of his appearance. "I'm trying to teach myself it wasn't all my fault, but it's hard not to. Still have issues facing myself sometimes, which is why I made these changes."

If the bluerider thought his oblique approach to the brownrider's question would save him from further enquiry, he quickly found out he was wrong. "What did you do, Sid?"

The fact Sid'nis was still trying to teach himself that he was not to blame meant he still struggled. For that, Mul'rec believed it was important to confront the matter with him, to assure the bluerider once and for all that whatever had happened, he was not to blame.
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:00 pm

"What did you do, Sid?"

Sid knew that he would ask, even if he wished he didn't. Still, it was not a question he could so easily answer, even now months after it had happened. If there was one thing he hated doing that was disappointing the people he cared for. He was more than certain that Mul'rec would be disappointed in him for his infidelity. Sid had always prided himself on being loyal and true, so to know that he had become unfaithful felt like a swift kick to the stomach.

That shame he felt made him pull back a little ways from his friend, perhaps out of fear of the disappointment he would soon hear from Mul'rec's lips. "I gave into a moment of weakness....I cheated on him with a one night stand." He explained with his head turned anywhere but Mul'rec's face. For all he was ashamed of himself still, he at least knew that he had done it because he was unhappy. That wasn't a good excuse or any excuse at all, but it was better to have a reason than not one at all.

"Kin, he...ah...he killed himself after I confessed to him." He said and then hid further in more of his juice, though now he wished it was something harder.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 pm

"I gave into a moment of weakness....I cheated on him with a one night stand."

The confession caught the brownrider off guard, for the Sid'nis he knew never would have done such a thing. The bluerider had always been an honourable and loyal man for as long as he had known him, and was part of the reason he had entrusted so much in him, even his own daughter.

"Kin, he...ah...he killed himself after I confessed to him."

It was a rotten circumstance, though the way Sid'nis avoided Mul'rec gaze told the older man that Sid'nis was overwhelmed with contrition. "Well, at least it was only a single occurrence, and you are not seeing the person you cheated on him with. You are allowed to be human, Sid'nis. And while it is a shame this Kin gave up so easily, he made his bed, as my brother would say, and now he will sleep in it for all eternity." Mul'rec knew for all Sid'nis was human, he was still a good man. If anyone was at fault, then it was this Kin individual. As Mul'rec thought on the timing, he realised the relationship could not even have been that long. A'rosius had informed him of the fact he and Sid'nis had only been apart for four turns, which meant Sid'nis had been with his new lover for not even half a decade... or perhaps not even a quarter of it... combined with the fact that Sid'nis, of all people, had committed infidelity, it meant the relationship had gone afoul as well, which meant it was hardly worth the effort of suicide in Mul'rec's eyes. "Don't blame yourself for his choice. Whatever caused the man to kill himself, you are not to blame."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:24 pm

"Well, at least it was only a single occurrence, and you are not seeing the person you cheated on him with. You are allowed to be human, Sid'nis. And while it is a shame this Kin gave up so easily, he made his bed, as my brother would say, and now he will sleep in it for all eternity."

Sid'nis face was still turned away, but even if it hadn't been he kept any look he might have gave at those words off of his face. "Single occurance or not, I shouldn't have done it...even if I wasn't happy. I should have just broken things off, but...I guess I didn't know how unhappy I was." Only one other soul in all of New Atricis knew who it was he had cheated on Kin with and that was V'an. Sid had not even meant to tell him as he wanted Rath's name kept out of any of the aftermath of what he saw as purely his fault. Now, yes...he knew that still seeing Rath intimately was, at the very least, questionable...but he didn't care. It was selfish of him, but he enjoyed being with him.

"Don't blame yourself for his choice. Whatever caused the man to kill himself, you are not to blame."

"I try to tell myself that, still don't believe it fully." Sid said as he was finally able to turn his eyes back to Mul'rec with a little less guilt. "Anyways, now that we've covered what sad and depressing has happened to us, I say we focus on enjoying this evening. It is a time of celebration, after all." Sid suggested, a deep dimpled smile turned to his friend in the hopes he'd agree they should remove themselves from talk of such grief and heartache.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:50 pm

"Single occurrence or not, I shouldn't have done it...even if I wasn't happy. I should have just broken things off, but...I guess I didn't know how unhappy I was."

The Sid'nis he knew would have called it off before ever getting involved with another, or he would have endured the relationship to the bitter end. Why the bluerider failed at fidelity was a mystery to Mul'rec, though he supposed there was no use in deliberating over it any more. What was done was done.

"I try to tell myself that, still don't believe it fully."

Mul'rec answered with bludgeoning words. "Whoever the Kin was should no longer be of consequence to you; he saw to that the day he killed himself." Clearly, the brownrider had no sympathy for the dead.

"Anyways, now that we've covered what sad and depressing has happened to us, I say we focus on enjoying this evening. It is a time of celebration, after all."

A smirk answered Sid'nis. "Perhaps you are right." Eyes lingered on the bluerider curiously, only to look back at the crowd and sip at his wine. He let the silence ferment between them before he spoke. "So your not so serious lover, Rathiran... how does he feel about being in a not so serious relationship?" It may be a more delicate conversation, but of a different nature as far as Mul'rec was concerned.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:27 am

"So your not so serious lover, Rathiran... how does he feel about being in a not so serious relationship?"

One of the servers walked close by with a tray full of little tarts and sweetrolls. Sid'nis couldn't help but grab a couple for himself and then offered any of them to Mul'rec first before he began to nibble on one. He was happy that they weren't speaking of such bad times they'd had in the last turn. Only time would help him get passed his heartache, but Mul'rec...he meant what he said about keeping his eyes on his family for him.

Again, Mul'rec had questions that blunt and to the point. "We have been open and honest with each other about what our....relationship...is and isn't. We are on the same page." Sid'nis answered Mul'rec. He didn't feel it was necessary to go into the details about the fact that Rathiran did have feelings for him and that basically the two of them were using each other in one way or another.

"Like I said, it's just physical. He is a good friend, first and foremost and a damned good healer." Sid was beginning to become rather curious as to way Mul'rec was so curious about his love life. He wasn't going to ask though, not yet anyways. "Why are so curious?' Alright, so maybe he was going to ask.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:05 am

"We have been open and honest with each other about what our....relationship...is and isn't. We are on the same page."

"So long as the arrangement makes you happy and fulfilled, Sid," Mul'rec said honestly, "Then I am happy for you." Who was Mul'rec to argue about such relationships when he had enjoyed his own fair share of them in his younger turns. The only time Mul'rec would intervene was if the relationship made the matter worse.

"Like I said, it's just physical. He is a good friend, first and foremost and a damned good healer."

"Of coursse," Mul'rec agreed without hesitation. He then spared another glance across the room. He was curious about his companions mingling around the feast tonight. He noted A'rosius' interactions with another man, who seemed to distract him from whatever irritations he felt regarding Sid'nis. It pleased the brownrider to see him not appear so gloomy. It truly did not suite the bluerider. As for Inez, she seemed to reconnect with Rhianwen, which brought a warm smile to the brownrider's face. But then there was the third...

He spotted Solai not far from them, the woman clearly displeased with a dark shadow looming in her once jovial eyes.

"Why are you so curious?"

Mul'rec did not entirely hear the question, for his mind was suddenly distracted by the visible irritation of his niece. He reached out to Galuth. Do you know what is happening with her? Why she is upset? And who is that man?

Tyreth says that Solai is confronting him on slavery. He is Ao'mek, rider of Tlamehath. He is from Walled.

And by the look of it, the conversation was turning south very quick for the greenrider. "Sid'nis, would you excuse me for a moment," Mul'rec asked as he set his wine glass down on a nearby table, and began to cross the room. He tried to keep his movement calm as he slipped through the bustling bodies, but he strode with purpose towards his niece.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:13 am

"So long as the arrangement makes you happy and fulfilled, Sid," Mul'rec said honestly, "Then I am happy for you."

Sid'nis gave him a warm smile and a nod for his understanding. However, the knowledge of what it was he and Rath had made him wonder just how fulfilling the relationship was...for either of them. He knew the healer wanted more...he knew he couldn't give it. The unfairness of it often plagued him, but he was too selfish to do anything about it yet.

"Sid'nis, would you excuse me for a moment,"

He knew Mul'rec enough to recognize that he hadn't been fully paying attention to his question. Though, what had caught the older man's attention he wasn't sure. No doubt it was one of his family members. Sid didn't mind. They had just gotten out of a difficult situation. No doubt the brownrider was in a constant state of worry over them. "Oh sure, of course. I'll just save our seats here. Unless you need me to come with you." He offered. He didn't want to butt in where he wasn't wanted, but he also didn't want Mul'rec to think he didn't care either.

(Bah....short post is short.)
Image Image Image Image