Inevitable Encounter - Sid'nis | Parker

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Continuation of Here, Here! To new Lives!.

"What are you doing here? How have you been? Shards... I just...I still can't believe you're really here."

The brownrider grinned at his old friend, and the enthusiasm he held for their reunion. Mul'rec felt much the same, though he always seemed to appear far more neutral, giving little indication as to how he truly felt. "I only just arrived with my family," he explained in short, though things happened too fast for Mul'rec to actually explain himself. Too much had happened to summarise it with a handful of sentences. There were times when the brownrider sat with his daughter and reeled over the events of the last few days. For now, however, he kept his emotions under lock and key. It was far too soon for him to show any sort of joy for their union or regret for her suffering. Instead, he remained a constant support in her life.

Curious as to how she faired at the gather, he glanced across the room, only to catch sight of his daughter embracing Rhianwen. It was enough to bring a faint smile to his lips before Rathiran pulled his attention back to the present conversation.

"As much as it has been a pleasure to meet you, Mul'rec, I do believe I should step away for a moment. I'm sure we'll have plenty of chances to chat again in the future. Sid'nis, I'll speak with you soon."

"Good evening to you too, Master Rathiran," Mul'rec answered in turn. The way Rathiran touched Sid'nis' arm during his departure was not missed by the brownrider, though he said nothing of it immediately. Instead, he watched the man leave, assuring there was a fair amount of distance between his ears and their words before he finally spoke the obvious to Sid'nis. "How long have you two been lovers?" There was no jealousy, but more curiosity that noted the man's tone. He was not the sort to cast judgement, unlike his bluerider companion at the wine table.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:47 pm

"I only just arrived with my family,"

Sid'nis, by the briskness of that statement, knew that there was something going on. He had no idea what that might actually be and he wasn't going to press him for it either. He followed the man's eyes to where they landed on none other than Lady Inez. Their connection had always been secret, did that statement mean that it wasn't any longer? Sid knew that if Mul'rec wished to speak of it then he would. Whatever the reason that he was here at New Atricis, he was merely happy that he was here and that he'd maybe get to spend some time with him. Perhaps even more than just this evening, though he would take whatever he could get.

His attention was given back to Rath as the master healer excused himself from them. As much as Sid had been looking forward to spending time with Rath at the feast, he was sure that his friend would understand it if he spent the evening catching up with Mul'rec. A warm smile was given to Rathiran as the man touched his arm. "Sure, Rath. I will catch you later." Sid assured him and then turned his attention back to Mul'rec.

"How long have you two been lovers?"

Sid'nis gave his friend a wide-eyed look before he chuckled a little. "Blunt as always." He said with a shake of his head. The old Sid would have been way shaken off guard, but now he wasn't. "A handful of months now. It's not anything serious." Sid clarified, though why he felt he had to he wasn't sure. "You want to get a drink and find a place to sit for a bit?"
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:11 pm

"Blunt as always."

Of course. Mul'rec half suspected Sid'nis would have been disappointed if Mul'rec was not.

"A handful of months now. It's not anything serious."

A brow raised in curiosity, though Mul'rec was hardly upset. Sometimes one did what they must to be happy. Who was Mul'rec, of all people, to cast judgement on the bluerider's personal choices?

"You want to get a drink and find a place to sit for a bit?"

"Of course. When do I not?" he asked in turn, before gesturing towards a wine table from across the room, one which A'rosius did not occupy. Mul'rec would have enjoyed bringing A'rosius into the fold, but he knew the man carried a bitterness on his heart for Sid'nis. Out of respect for their friendship, Mul'rec kept the distance between A'rosius and Sid'nis. After what A'rosius had done for his family, it was the least Mul'rec could do in return. However, regardless of the reason behind the blueriders' disagreement, Mul'rec would never understand. The glance he made to the fair bluerider that said as much, though glance seemed more curious than apologetic. But it was no matter, for the bluerider's attention was drawn away by another for the meantime.

As they slipped through the crowd, Mul'rec slipped a hand to the bluerider's elbow to help guide them through the plentitude of bodies that surrounded them. "Tell me, Sid. How have you been?" Mul'rec asked the man.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:43 pm

"Of course. When do I not?"

Sid chuckled, "Well, I believe you'll be happy with the selection. I think they've put out some of your favorites. They really did go all out with this feast." While they always made sure there was plenty of fine dining and drinks at Feasts, they didn't always put at the creme of the crop, as it were, but this time they had. Even allowing some of their older vintages of wines to be enjoyed by the masses instead of saving them back for more pristine and honored guest.

Easily he fell into step next to Mul'rec as they headed for the wine table. The hand placed on his elbow to help guide them through the thick of the crowd was welcomed and a familiar comfort. How many times in the past had the brownrider guided him through a crowd.

"Tell me, Sid. How have you been?"

Sid wasn't really sure how to answer that. Mul'rec, like V'an, was not a soul he could lie to even when he wanted to. The few attempts he'd made in the past had all been seen through immediately, so there really was no point in doing it. "I've been better. Been worse too. I suppose things are looking up from where they were. Seeing you has been quite the balm to my soul, if I can be bluntly honest." They made it to the wine table. There was quite the selection of whites, reds, and blushes to pick from, but Sid chose a glass of a mixed fruit juice that was set out for those who didn't wish to drink. "How about you? How has life been treating you?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:28 pm

"Well, I believe you'll be happy with the selection. I think they've put out some of your favorites. They really did go all out with this feast."

This pleased Mul'rec immensely, though it also made sense with the success of the recent clutch. It truly was an impressive hatching, especially with the variety produced in the clutch, including two zultanites. Though only a suspected ten turns remained in the current pass, the clutches that might be produced by those zultanites if they were allowed to procreate would be invaluable. Indeed, Mul'rec could understand why they pulled out the best bottles.

"I've been better. Been worse too. I suppose things are looking up from where they were. Seeing you has been quite the balm to my soul, if I can be bluntly honest."

Sid'nis was allowed such liberties, though to be fair, Mul'rec found nothing wrong with it. To be honest, it pleased him that his own presence aided the bluerider in his recovery. "I am sorry to hear that, though I am happy you are feeling better." Whatever had marred his soul would heal with time.

Mul'rec noticed Sid'nis choice in drink, but said nothing to draw attention to his observation.

"How about you? How has life been treating you?"

The brownrider noticeably hesitated in his response, not because he did not want to recount the events that led up to his Atrician visit, but because there was simply so much to discuss. "It has been a bit of a shit storm," Mul'rec answered honestly. He poured himself a generous glass of a warm red. "Inez Impressed to a brown back in Benden Weyr several Turns ago... and Cador found out." Rather than elaborate immediately, he sipped from his glass of wine.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:49 pm

"I am sorry to hear that, though I am happy you are feeling better."

Sid nodded and wiped his mouth after taking a drink of the juice. It was quite good and quite refreshing to be honest. "It's alright. It was my own fault. Thank you though." Sid would elaborate if Mul'rec wanted to, but honestly the tragedy that had happened so many months ago was something he'd rather try and forget and not talk about. However, Mul'rec was so dear to him that he would go down that road one more time to inform him of what had happened. If he asked of course.

"It has been a bit of a shit storm. Inez Impressed to a brown back in Benden Weyr several Turns ago... and Cador found out."

"Inez is a brownrider?!" Sid'nis asked with shock. He couldn't believe it. Last he knew she'd gone back to Benden and married. It had to have been a stands impression. He knew enough of Mul'rec's past and in turn Inez's to understand just how Lord Cador would react to such a thing. He gestured towards a less crowded area of the hall where they could continue to talk in peace. "I can only imagine it was more than a shit storm. I...I can't imagine things went well after he found out?"
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 pm

"Inez is a brownrider?!"

Mul'rec set a hand on his arm to silence the man. Yes, she was a brownrider, and yes, the world was about to find out, but Mul'rec remained cautious. The transfer was still fresh, and Inez needed time to settle and fortify herself first. Cador would menace her for the rest of his life. Privately, Mul'rec mulled over the possibility of helping that life meet a premature end, but it was too soon. Given time, Mul'rec would strike back against the man who had egregiously made the brownrider's family suffer. Mul'rec walked with Sid'nis to a part of the feast that was not nearly as populated. Only then did Mul'rec answer him. "Yes."

"I can only imagine it was more than a shit storm. I...I can't imagine things went well after he found out?"

"Not well," Mul'rec replied as he glanced towards his daughter who was still in Rhianwen's company. In the back of his mind, he reached for Sabren, to confirm she kept a lookout of her. Through his gold firelizard's eyes, he saw his daughter. Good. He turned his attention back to Sid'nis. "It has been a strenuous last few days, and there has been a casualty. Fortunately, we have loyal friends- "He made a glance across the room, spotting A'rosius once again "-and... we owe a great deal to A'rosius. Were it not for him and his swift action, we would have had two casualties instead of one. I will owe him for the rest of my life."
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:27 pm

The shock was still evident on Sid's face, but he didn't say anything more on it yet. He knew the signs that Mul'rec gave that he should not be so loud on the matter and so he instantly shut up about it. The two of them made their way to a more quiet corner of the hall. Whatever had happened it had to have been rather horrible, that he was sure of. Instead of seeming too overly anxious to hear what the man had to say, he busied himself with another drink of his juice.

"It has been a strenuous last few days, and there has been a casualty. Fortunately, we have loyal friends-and... we owe a great deal to A'rosius. Were it not for him and his swift action, we would have had two casualties instead of one. I will owe him for the rest of my life."

A look of sympathy covered his face. "I'm sorry to hear that." At the mention of Ambr, Sid turned to look at the other bluerider. Things were uneasy between them, that was to say the least, but he wouldn't deny that the man was a staunch friend and ally. "Fuck, Mul....that's awful. I am happy he was there to stop the second casualty. Who...ah...who was it Cador killed and almost killed?" He asked curiously. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:43 pm

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Mul'rec knew where those eyes travelled, and could not help but let his gaze do the same. No... he would never understand why A'rosius left Sid'nis, but for all his faults, he was a true and loyal friend. When he saw how the bluerider interacted with the man from Walled, Mul'rec even managed a mental smirk due to the man's obvious awkwardness. One might even consider it endearing.

Mul'rec gave a shake of his head and looked back to Sid'nis as the bluerider spoke on, "Fuck, Mul....that's awful. I am happy he was there to stop the second casualty. Who...ah...who was it Cador killed and almost killed?"

The brownrider took another sip of his wine. "Holder Hesidor, Inez's husband. He was to be tried for treason, but Hesidor refused to give Cador the pleasure... so he hung himself." The brownrider regarded his wine as he thought of the second... the near casualty. When he thought of Enide, however, and recalled her health, part of him wondered if she had been a casualty after all. "Lady Enide was the one A'rosius saved. She was stoned out of the hold about a candlemark before a Fall. A'rosius found her and returned her to the Weyr before Thread could take her." He pressed his lips together once more as he thought of the woman he once moved with all his heart. He even still loved her now, but age had changed him, and his heart lacked the fervour it once had for her.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

There was, and though it was not an easy request for Mul'rec to ask, even of his old friend. "I need you to watch over my family, Inez, her children, Enide... even A'rosius-" Yes, even A'rosius. They were all in this together now "-Cador is not a man who forgets or forgives. I've no doubt we will hear from him again." The brownrider's eyes reflected an apology over the request, but he had no choice but to make it.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 pm

"Holder Hesidor, Inez's husband. He was to be tried for treason, but Hesidor refused to give Cador the pleasure... so he hung himself."

"Fuck...that's terrible." Sid'nis said. He was a rider, suicide was something that happened more commonly than it did in the halls and holds, however ever since Kin's own suicide the subject was one he'd rather avoid than delve into. It made him uncomfortable, but for Mul'rec's sake he didn't voice his discomfort at the memory his revelation had brought up.

"Lady Enide was the one A'rosius saved. She was stoned out of the hold about a candlemark before a Fall. A'rosius found her and returned her to the Weyr before Thread could take her."

"Son of a bitch. How could anyone do that to a person? That man is a monster." Sid couldn't believe that Cador would do that to Lady Enide, but then again....holders often did things that he would never, never, ever understand or approve of. "Thank Faranth for A'rosius." He said that with meaning.

"I need you to watch over my family, Inez, her children, Enide... even A'rosius. Cador is not a man who forgets or forgives. I've no doubt we will hear from him again."

Sid'nis gave a genuine nod of his head as he reached a hand out to lay on Mul'rec's shoulder. "Of course, Mul'rec. Of course. You've got my eyes and ears on them all you want. You're my friend. That is the least I can do and if there is anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask." He assured him.
Image Image Image Image