Fancy Some Food? - Kate | A'ric

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:16 pm

”No, unfortunately I didn’t. In Benden the water was always too cold. My mother taught us how to swim a little, just enough to help us survive if something should ever happen, but mostly we stayed out of water. Being able to swim here though is great. I love being in the water, so this is beyond amazing for me.”

Solai could not agree with more, especially as she and Scarletto circled the man, daring to tempt fate. Who might become the aggressor? Who might cast the first splash? Solai was tempted to be the one, but A'ric made the first move. Solai had half a mind to splash him back or dunk him under the waves, but before she could react, he slipped under the surface of his own volition to avoid any retaliation. But Solai would not so easily allow the man to skirt the consequences of his action. She dove after him, swimming for the bronzerider to tug at his ankles and tangle their bodies under the water in a playful wrestle before she relinquished him.

When they both surface, she was far from delicate, making sure to give him a face full of water before she darted away with laughter. She knew full well he would pursue, and hoped as much before she dove under rippling waves and glid gracefully under the surface for several strokes. Let him chase, and let him catch, she thought as she let the bronzerider achieve his own vengeance.

And when a moment might come when Solai felt A'ric might finally be getting the best of her, she would chuckle that it was time to return back to the shore. She would dress, and she would depart with a promise to see him again. However, once he said his farewell, and moved to put on his socks, he would realise his socks were nowhere to be found.

{fin}