Old Acquaintances Met Anew { Tag } Talonflame/Kyrielle

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Duke was no where near ready to finish eating, and yet he wasn't ready to get up yet either. He was at that point where he was rather content to be where he was, somewhat buzzed on drink and food, and enjoying the conversation flowing around him. He heard Wojoth clicking his tongue at the back of his mind and rolled his eyes, though he knew the dragon only meant well. It was simply in Wojoth's nature to be that way, and he would never hold it against his dragon at any point in time.

Especially when things just felt so... perfect. Ever since their transfer, life just felt so good, so grand. He wouldn't say that things felt complete. He didn't think they ever would again. He'd lost the chance for them to ever be like that again when his chance to be a father and have a family had been severed from him. While he knew, logically, he didn't need those things to have a sense of wholeness, for him it was integral. He grabbed his mug of ale and shrugged mentally. Maybe it was that some men were simply not allowed to have some things in exchange for the dragon that they rode. If that were the case, then he would just have to learn to live with the fact because he would pick Wojoth each and every time over anything else that would come his way.

You should stop drinking. You've had a bit too much. With the Wing or otherwise. Eventually even the Weyrleader will tell you that you've had enough.

Duke shook his head, because he knew he hadn't been drinking that much. If he had, he wouldn't be able to understand what Wojoth was saying, he wouldn't be able to respond clearly either. I'm fne, Wojoth, I promise you that. I'm just relaxed and enjoying myself with a few drinks with the Wing. I may be a little somber, but... it was supposed to be our Anniversary, so I have a reason for being somber. It's a bit of a bitter time. He tipped his head back with the mug and sighed. Besides, I plan on my drinking being done when I'm back in the apartment and able to make an ass of myself in private, thank you kindly.

The bronze let out a sound of relief and did indeed settle back down. Good. I don't think I would have had it in my directive to save you from being an ass in public.

Ouch... But he laughed, and they shared a warm wave of love and affection with one another, because they knew it was meant only as a tease between one another. Glancing up, as a candidate came by with a bucket to collect dirty dishes, he tilted his head because he could have sworn he recognized her from someplace in the North. As he thought about it, and Wojoth helped him connect the dots by dusting off parts of his own memory with little puffs of mental air, it clicked into place and his eyes widened. "Well, well, well, I never thought I'd see Kyrielle of the Weavehall in the South of all places, and as a candidate no less."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Talonflame

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 am

While she was pretty sure that there weren’t many candidates who actually enjoyed kitchen duty, the young woman found herself becoming rather fond of it as the days passed. It gave her a chance to get to know more people in the Weyr while she was gathering the used dishes from the tables. Not that she didn’t already know quite a few people here, having lived in New Atricis for some time, but one couldn’t turn down the chance to get acquainted with everyone that they possibly could. And with so many new transfers to the Weyr coming in all the time, she saw the ‘chore’ as the perfect opportunity to do just that. So she had happily grabbed the bucket that the kitchen workers had handed to her, moving to the first table and clearing it of dishes with relative ease before moving on to the next.

The sounds of laughter caught at the young woman’s attention, and her gaze moved in that direction in order to see what all of the fuss was about. She tilted her head slightly and chuckled warmly as she realized that one of the Wings was seated at a nearby table, the whole of them either already drunk with wine and ale or well on the way to being that way. It was natural for those in the same Wing to spend such time together, and the young woman knew that it was good for the Wing’s morale for the riders to be laughing and talking amongst themselves like they were. It made teamwork all the better in time, but there was a part of her that wondered if they could perhaps keep it down just a little bit. For all that they were tipsy or flat out drunk, she understood that they were still more than capable of controlling the volume of their voices.

Smiling and rolling her eyes slightly at the fact that the dragonriders were being perhaps a little too rowdy at the current moment, the young woman approached the table quietly, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself at present. She didn’t want to interrupt whatever conversation they were currently engaged in, after all, and so strove to be as quiet as she possibly could as she started to collect the soiled dishes. Of course, there was bound to be at least one of the riders noticing her, but if she pretended to be engrossed in her work and not notice them, perhaps they wouldn’t try to drag her in to a conversation she didn’t know all that much about. And just as naturally, there was little chance to her hopes actually happening, so she kept an ear open, just in case one of them chose to speak to her.

Which, naturally, happened almost right as that thought left her mind. Her gaze drifted to the rider, seated close to the end of the table, and one eyebrow rose slightly as she realized that he seemed so familiar to her. She recognized him from somewhere, and she simply couldn’t place it at the moment, and it bothered her to no end. Thankfully, the man stated where he had known her, and the pieces started falling into place, her eyes widening as she realized just where she had known this rider from. “And here I thought I’d never see D’kellan of Fort Weyr in the South,” she commented, a smile tugging at her face as she remembered one of her favorite commissioners. The bronzerider had ordered quite a few tapestries from her back in the day, as well as numerous mends to his trousers and shirts, so how she hadn’t immediately recognized him was beyond her. “You and Wojoth transferred here? How have the two of you been? And as for my being a candidate, that was sort of… blind luck, I suppose you’d call it?”
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:02 am

He chuckled, thinking that sounded like there was a story involved somewhere in there. A grin appeared on his face; he would have to ask her about it, though if it was something less than comfortable... He wondered if she was still crafting. He recalled some of the things she'd done from him, some of which were hanging in his apartment to this day. She was one of his favorites at the Weaver Hall, and it had been a shame when they'd lost contact with one another. Even if she was involved deep with her candidacy, perhaps if she was still taking commissions, she might be willing to take on something now and again, for the right price of course.

"Of all places. It truly is a small world, isn't it?" He settled down and made sure she did the same, so they could at least enjoy a mug of klah with one another if nothing else. "Yeah, we haven't been here for long, though it was a necessary change. Fort wasn't a good place for me anymore." Which was strange, had been, and still was in many ways due to how loyal he'd been to Fort for so long. But now his life rested within the walls and grounds and territory of New Atricis. Now his heart lie within the South. There was no other home for him but here. "What about you? What drew you to this place and away from the Hall?"

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Talonflame

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:05 pm

D’kellan’s chuckle brought forth one of her own, a light sound that almost vanished in the air as quickly as it had arrived. Which, of course, was due in no small part to the cacophony rising from the nearby riders, but nevertheless, she had laughed. It was something she hadn’t truly allowed herself in some time, and the act in and of itself seemed to ease her mind a little more. The young woman bit her lower lip a bit as he spoke to her, reaching up to brush a wayward lock of hair back behind her ear as he settled down, making sure that she did the same. While she wanted to tell him that she hadn’t the time for socializing, that she had her chores to finish, one glance around the room told her that the job was nearly finished anyway. And besides that, the bronzerider had never been the type to take ‘no’ for an answer, she recalled with a smile as she thought back to her days at the Hall. Certainly, D’kellan had always made sure that she had time to talk with him whenever he came to her for a new tapestry or to mend a busted seam in tunic or trousers, and she was sure that now would be no different.

“I think ‘a small world’ is putting it mildly, you know,” she replied, shaking her head slightly as she reached for a nearby mug, filling it with klah from the warm pot before setting it down in front of the rider that she had long ago considered a friend. He was definitely one of her most frequent customers back in the day, she remembered with a smile as she briefly wondered if he had brought any of the tapestries she had woven for him South. No, he had to have brought them, and she made a note in the back of her mind to inquire about their current state. After all, they were likely due for some sort of repair by now, and she would have been more than happy to oblige the man with fixing them. Given the proper motivation, that was. Which she was convinced that he would find some way to give her, she thought with a smile and a shake of her head as he continued to speak.

His mention that Fort just wasn’t a good place for him anymore seemed to astonish her, if the wide-eyed stare that she gave him shortly after the words left his lips was anything to go on. When she was still at the Hall in Southern Boll, it didn’t look like anything would get the bronzerider away from Fort… save for the Weyr’s very destruction, that was. To hear him admit that transferring was a necessary change, and one for the better, made her smile as she heaved a faint sigh of relief for her friend. It seemed as if Atricis was the place to go for a new beginning, she thought with a grin as D’kellan asked his next round of questions, asking her what had drawn her to the South, away from the Hall. She mimed a pensive look for a moment, pretending to be deep in thought as she regarded the question and how she would respond. “Well, my first assignment had actually been at Igen Weyr, to be honest,” she told him with a shrug, almost as if she was dismissing the desert Weyr. Which she may very well have been, considering the short time that she and her sister had been stationed there. “That only lasted a few months, mind you. The Craftmaster thought that my skills would be better served elsewhere, and called me back to the Hall for about a sevenday before sending me here. My sister is here as well, if you recall her, and will be of candidate age herself soon.”
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 pm

The bronzerider found himself smiling. In all honesty, from what he knew of Igen, he was glad she hadn't been left there. Her skills were better served beyond the walls of the desert Weyr. He didn't voice these thoughts out loud, not wishing to upset her in some way, not that they could, he supposed. Perhaps she'd heard rumors of how it could be, perhaps she didn't care, he honestly couldn't speak for her one way or another. Regardless, he lifted his chin towards her and smiled. "I'm glad you found a place down here. I'm enjoying the south, and to know that I have a friend here makes my heart warm. Perhaps I'll be able to commission you for a new piece in between your work? I know you must be busy with your work though, what between classes as a candidate, and your barely there time crafting." He knew how that could be, well... not exactly, considering he'd gone straight from pure crafting to weyrlinghood unexpectedly. He hoped it would be different for her.

But at least her sister wouldn't have that chance thrust upon her period, being so young of age. May she Impress without chance or not being passed up time after time, he thought to himself. He considered the options and nodded to himself, deciding that yes, if she could escape being left standing for so long... "Good luck to your sister, should she start standing soon. Though try and get her involved in something beyond the sands. It might do her good in between hatchings - you know how it can be when you're waiting." He didn't, personally, but his friend did, he knew, and his own sister had told him what it could be like when he'd still lived in the North. "How do the two of you like the Weyr here and the South in general so far?"

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―