Bonding Blueriders - Tag: N'can/Alt

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 am

Ao'mek didn't not but in once. N'can was talking...he was actually saying more than just one sentence. He was sure that it was the effect of the alcohol helping to loosen his tongue. That was the desired effect he was hoping for. Still, though, what N'can was saying he couldn't agree with. He waited until he had said everything he wanted to say, explaining about the hatching where he impressed to Violath. "Don't you think that if he really didn't find you worthy for him he couldn't have gone off and found someone else once he helped you off the sands?" Ao'mek pointed out.

Then, what N'can said gave Ao'mek a bit of hope. "Well see, there you go! I'm sure Violath saw the same attitude in you that he knows is in himself. Perhaps he wants to try and help you to see those possibilities within yourself. Help you to grow into who both he and I know you really are. You just need to get some confidence and I am more than happy to help you get that if that is something you want." Ao'mek offered and gave him another pat on the back.

They took more drinks with toasts. He watched as after the toast N'can kept drinking from the glass. He waited until he was just a little half done with the glass. "I'd let what you have drank catch up with you before you drink more. Trust me, this stuff can sneak up on you if you're not careful and I did promise to not let you get too drunk." While Ao'mek was speaking a small band of harpers took the small stage that had been permanently set in the dining hall for the occasion of evening entertainment. As per usual, once they started playing, a few people got up to begin dancing. That gave Ao'mek an idea.

"Do you dance, N'can?" He asked before he downed the rest of his drink.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Altreis

Wed May 16, 2018 4:28 am

Ao'mek was determined to push the issue of N'can being worthy of Violath. They could argue that point until between lit on fire. N'can shrugged. "I dunno, maybe. Does it even matter if I'm worthy or not? I mean...I don't know if Violath even thought that way. He just opted for whoever he liked, or who felt right to him. Doubt worthiness ever crossed his mind-unlike his sister. Otherwise he probably could have called someone over or gone to them, yeah. Although who would not go to a dragonet that called for them?"

It was a question N'can didn't really expect any answer to and instead he kept an ear on Ao'mek. Perhaps it was the alcohol, perhaps N'can was so stressed that he snapped, who could say? Whatever the reason...N'can laughed. He actually laughed at what Ao'mek was saying. "Suuuure, you somehow know who I am after just meeting me even without the bond of Impression. Shards...I don't even know what Violath thinks he sees. Just figure it's a dragon thing, some sense or instinct us humans don't have."

A frown met the part about confidence though. "I got confidence," N'can muttered. "I am perfectly confident that I am a klutz, a failure, and a bother. Knowing that, acting accordingly, doesn't mean I don't have confidence..." He trailed off with a sigh and sipped at his drink once more. He wished Ao'mek would move on to an easier topic...maybe one more pleasant for the both of them.

Or he could worry about the alcohol. N'can sighed once more, looking at the drink he held. "It tastes really good," he protested softly, though he had to admit getting too drunk didn't sound at all appealing. A moment later he actually looked...somewhat annoyed as Ao'mek finished off his own glass. "Hey...if you can drink it all why can't I?"

It took a moment for N'can's mind to switch to the new topic, the question Ao'mek had asked before finishing his drink. Once it had though, N'can cast a dubious look out at where people were beginning to dance. "Depends I guess...on how much you value your feet." His gaze shifted back to Ao'mek, a slight smirk on N'can's lips. He actually made some sort of joke. But a moment later he shook his head. "I only try dancing once in a great while and it's always a disaster. I have no grace or rhythm at all and it shows. I make a fool out of myself and then if I'm dancing with someone...they lose interest pretty fast after I've stomped on their feet and kicked their shins."
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 pm

Ao'mek gave an amused and shocked look at N'can's sudden bout of fiestiness. This was a side of the man he'd never seen before, but he wasn't going to complain about it either. Some might have taken offense to the snarky and sarcastic words, but again...he could only approve of this side of N'can. He just wished the man could see it when he wasn't under the influence of alcohol. The tricky part would be for sober N'can to ever tap into this side of him, but Ao'mek was going to try and make it happen. He knew he'd likely never convince N'can to see a mindhealer to help him with his social anxieties, but perhaps he could speak to one and get some pointers that might help.

A big laugh was given at his complaint. "Because I know how to drink. I can hold it better. You haven't drank hardly anything ever, so I can handle it better than you." He explained to him. Body build did take into account as well, but he and N'can were about similar in size, so it came down to tolerance, of which he had enough to spare and N'can probably had none.

While Ao'mek would like to try and keep pressing the subject, he knew it was better to just have fun. Maybe that would work better than basically trying to tell a brick wall it was really made of soft pillows. He gave a small chuckle at his joke and then listened as he basically gave him an answer that wasn't totally yes, but wasn't a no either. "C'mon. Disasters can be fun too, but I doubt this will be one." He stood up from his seat and turned to N'can with a hand held out. "You're in good hands, trust me." He said with a wide, charming smile.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Altreis

Sun May 20, 2018 6:05 am

The same dubious look the dancing area had gotten was now turned on Ao'mek tenfold. "Know how to drink..." N'can muttered, not buying it. "Pretty sure even newborn babes know how to drink. Hold it better? You got someplace you're stashing it all? Handle it better just because you drink more than I do? Your body gets practice with alcohol somehow?" There was no disguising the skepticism in N'can's voice, though he frowned a moment later. "I'm not supposed to say things like that...that's bad. You have to admit it sounds like a harper yarn though."

Then again maybe Ao'mek was crazy enough to believe it. He was saying that a dance with N'can would not be a disaster.

Maybe I shouldn't have tried to joke, N'can thought. He doesn't know how real the kicks and stomps are. And oh how N'can really didn't want Ao'mek finding out firsthand. So of course the man had to sharding smile at N'can again. It was so unfair!

N'can could feel the heat rise to his cheeks-only this time it seemed to somehow be spreading. Weird. He had no time to dwell on that though, not when Ao'mek was clearly ready and determined to drag him off to a dance...but not with part of his drink still sitting there! Quickly, before Ao'mek could do or say anything, N'can snatched his glass and downed the rest of his drink before giving Ao'mek a hand to drag him by. "Just don't say I didn't warn you," he said, sounding a little nervous still.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 24, 2018 6:21 am

"Pretty sure even newborn babes know how to drink. Hold it better? You got someplace you're stashing it all? Handle it better just because you drink more than I do? Your body gets practice with alcohol somehow?"

Ao'mek laughed even harder at that. Really, this side of N'can was pretty adorable. "You're an adorable drunk, you know that?" He asked as he sat his hand on the man's shoulder. "Yes, it isn't a harper yarn. I promise you." He then reached up and booped his nose lightly. Yeah, he was feeling it a bit himself, but he wasn't the level N'can was at. "It's called tolerance and everyone's level is different. Generally someone bigger than you and I are can hold more liquor, but that isn't always the case. I've had more to drink than you, but you are more drunk than I am...not that I'm not a little drunk though. Those drinks are....whew...strong." He explained to him as they walked to the dance floor.

"Just don't say I didn't warn you,"

"Yes, I have been thoroughly warned. Now do try and have fun. Don't make me dip you....I will dip you. Maybe I'll dip you anyways. I do like doing that." Ao'mek said as he they got to where the others were dancing. He pulled the man into his arms, not hesitating at all. "So...have you danced before? Do you like to lead or follow? I always prefer to ask when dancing with men. I'm pretty open to either, but some guys prefer to be the lead." He asked curiously as he looked at his now drunk friend.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Thu May 24, 2018 10:35 pm

He was an adorable drunk? N'can was utterly perplexed and the look he was giving Ao'mek showed it. Adorable was a word he'd heard used to describe him here and there but an adorable drunk? He wasn't a drunk period...or was he? Shards he couldn't be...he was still thinking pretty clearly! Except he was being a bit...bold. Shards, shards, shards...

The boop on the nose caught him by surprise just as much, N'can flinching away slightly in reflex before blinking at Ao'mek. Dark eyes narrowed at what the bluerider was saying however. "Really? And how do you know which of is more drunk? Got some instinct for it like dragons use to pick their riders?"

Dancing...right...this was happening, as Ao'mek was tugging him out onto what likely counted as the dance floor. He was also asking what dancing role N'can preferred-as if he ever danced with someone like that! "Uh...f-f-f-follow please. Danced...I don't remember when. Not often. Probably be bad even at following." And dipping? Oh dipping him did not sound like a good idea. Whether he was more drunk than Ao'mek or not, his head definitely felt a bit...fuzzy. Not a bad thing necessarily but he wasn't quite as sure of his balance-which was bad enough to begin with. N'can was positive he'd find some way to fall-maybe make both of them fall, and in front of a bunch of people no less! It would be humiliating...very much the opposite of fun.

N'can looked around frantically as Ao'mek tugged him close. Two men dancing together was...odd. Likely unacceptable. After all, why would they dance if they were not attracted to one another? That was a terrible sin. No one was reacting though. More importantly though, as he thought about it, N'can gulped and looked at Ao'mek. "You might have to lead more th-than usual. I really have no clue. I mean move my feet and arms I think, or hips...something. What sort of dance are we doing? What are the steps?" Even the alcohol couldn't totally drown N'can's insecurities.
Parker
Site Admin

Sat May 26, 2018 6:01 pm

Ao'mek chuckled in good nature. "N'can, sweetie, it's called having two eyes and a brain. Allow me to prove a point for a moment." He turned to another person and tapped them on the shoulder. "Excuse me, just by looks alone, which of us is more drunk?" He asked and pointed between himself and N'can. The woman looked at both of them and then pointed to N'can. Ao'mek then turned to N'can and gave him a look that said 'see, told you so.'

On the dance floor, Ao'mek nodded at N'can's choice and so placed their hands in the proper positions. "Leading it is. Don't worry. We'll keep to simple dances and steps. Can't say I'm the most graceful of dancers either." The harpers had yet to start playing the next song. "Just have fun, okay, doesn't matter if we mess the steps up or anything like that. Not everyone...no I'm going to say no one is a dance critic on this floor." The music began to play then and he breathed a sigh of relief that it was a simple, slower song.

"This one is very simple. No set steps, just sway to the music. Just like this." Ao'mek showed him as they began to sway back and forth. "This isn't so bad, is it?" He asked as he pulled the man a little closer.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 am

Sweetie again? N'can gave Ao'mek a funny look, for the name alone. Was this just a thing with him? Sweetie this, sweetie that?

The funny look faded to one that was rather pouting a moment later, as Ao'mek decided he had a point to prove. N'can was highly skeptical that anyone could tell how drunk someone was just by looking at them-not unless they were really drunk, which he was pretty sure he was not. If he was he would have to call Ao'mek out on breaking his promise.

It was hard to argue with the results, much as N'can wanted to. Some random woman he didn't know was asked to judge by looks alone, which of them was more drunk. It didn't take her but a moment to point at him, much to N'can's displeasure. "Fine," he muttered somewhat sulkily, "so you are a magical alcohol sponge and I'm not. Next time I won't drink." There, that should do it. If he didn't drink, he couldn't get drunk.

However first he had to get through the rest of this evening, which included dancing. His only saving grace, in his eyes, was that Ao'mek admitted to not being much of a dancer either. At least if his partner was...well not a harper at least...N'can's lack of grace might not be as noticeable, though there was no missing him stepping on Ao'mek's foot should that happen. Shards...and how could N'can stay cross with the man? Ao'mek kept reassuring him that the steps didn't matter, his poor skill in dancing didn't matter...Ao'mek just wanted him to have fun.

"You'd be surprised," N'can said, a touch of wariness in his manner as he glanced around. "Though not a craft itself most people can be very good at being critical. They have opinions on things like-"

N'can cut off with a soft gasp as Ao'mek began to move-or rather, as Ao'mek pulled him closer still. It was true that he could manage to sway slowly to the music...but this close to Ao'mek?! A wave of heat rolled through him, much of it settling in his cheeks. "Ah...s-s-sure...sway...uh...I th-think I can," he stammered, trying his best to ignore how close together they were. At least he wasn't kicking Ao'mek or stepping on the poor man's toes but... N'can gulped. This was too close; this made his heart pound madly when they were only swaying a little; not exactly hard physical labor. He could only hope with all his heart that Ao'mek was too busy dancing to notice.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun May 27, 2018 5:23 am

"Oh no...no no no. I didn't mean to imply that you are too drunk. Just more drunk. And magical alcohol sponge...yes, I like that. You should absolutely drink next time." Ao'mek clarified to him. "Besides...I promised that I wouldn't let you get too drunk and I am keeping that promise. Next time you get something to drink it'll be a nice glass of water." He informed the man.

"You'd be surprised. Though not a craft itself most people can be very good at being critical. They have opinions on things like-"

Ao'mek gave a shrug. "No, I wouldn't be surprised. I've met those people, dealt with them, and you know what...I don't care. That's the trick. Learning to not care what other people think. You do what you want to be happy and say 'I don't care' to what others think about it. As long as you're not truly harming others...it doesn't matter. Live life like no one is watching."

They began to sway slowly back and forth together. It was nice and N'can was doing much better than he let on he would. "You're doing a great job, N'can. Isn't this fun? Relax a little more if you want." His warm brown eyes leaned back enough to get a read on N'can's face. He noticed the gulp, saw how nervous he was, but he really wasn't expecting anything else from N'can right now. "Relax, hon, I'm having such a fun time dancing with you. You know...you're not going to break me if you want to hold me a little tighter."
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Sun May 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Much of what Ao'mek said somewhat went over N'can's head-or at least, was willfully shoved over it. N'can knew better. An "I don't care" attitude was a very dangerous, very bad thing to have. Telling someone that was sure to get him into deep trouble. As for the alcohol and being drunk...he was still skeptical. Ao'mek insisted he was not too drunk and yet in N'can's opinion he definitely was if some random person could look at him, look at Ao'mek, and immediately point at him as being more drunk. They'd had the same drink, the same amount of it, and had roughly the same body mass. How was N'can noticeably more drunk than Ao'mek?! No, that was not good at all. Adorable or not when drunk, N'can didn't like it.

"Okay," he mumbled, "you be the magical alcohol sponge and I'll stick to water. Maybe klah, or juice. Maybe milk. No more alcohol." Ever. This had been a horrible idea from the beginning and it was only getting worse. Shells and why did dancing have to involve him being so close to Ao'mek?!

N'can was trying so very hard to ignore that fact and failing spectacularly. He was trying to ignore the prickles of heat, his burning cheeks, the way his heart hammered, how strong Ao'mek's hands were as they guided him in the simple dance...

Then he said it. N'can was relieved to hear that Ao'mek was having fun, was talking about the dancing. That meant he didn't notice what a flustered mess N'can was becoming. But then...You know...you're not going to break me if you want to hold me a little tighter."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy. N'can stumbled as he was suddenly dizzy, though whether from the alcohol or the sudden rush of blood as his entire face burned he couldn't tell. Oh Faranth...hold Ao'mek tighter?! This was already too close! Yet when he stumbled N'can had to do just that, using Ao'mek as a support so that he didn't fall. The dizziness didn't help either and with his face flaming hot now N'can could not bear to see the look on Ao'mek's face.

In a heartbeat N'can had pressed up against Ao'mek's front, letting his head rest on the other bluerider's shoulder while he tried desperately to recover. He could do this...he had to do this...although...it sure felt nice, resting against Ao'mek while swaying to the music.

Suddenly N'can sighed; a long exhale that took his tension out with it. He felt good in this position, comfortable. The swaying, the strength of Ao'mek holding him up, warmth suffusing him...this was good. Dark eyes slowly closed to let him savor the moment. The rest of Pern didn't exist, not for now. Even Ao'mek didn't exist to a degree. N'can's world shrunk to the music, the swaying, and the warm, strong form he was half resting against as he swayed.