Bonding Blueriders - Tag: N'can/Alt

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 pm

You going out tonight? Tlamehath asked curiously as he walked beside his rider heading towards his apartment. Yes, I am! I plan on taking N'can out for drinks and some fun. He's so quiet and seemingly shy, I think it might do him some good to get out and cut loose a bit. Ao'mek explained as he removed his flight jacket and gloves. What about you, dear blue? Plan on napping the evening away? Ao'mek asked his handsome dragon. I was thinking about seeing was Desdomondyth was up to. Perhaps she would like to go to the beach or the lake. The blue answered with some excitement in his mental tone. After all this time his blue was still smitten with the delicate opal. Ao'mek found it absolutely adorable and if he wasn't mistaken, J'on did too. You have fun with that, brother. He said and patted the blue's upper forearm. If when Desdomondyth rose and Tlamehath wasn't the one to catch her, he would be severely surprised.

After giving his blue's nose a kiss he left the blue to his own devices as he headed into his apartment to clean up a bit and get changed. Considering that N'can very much seemed the home body sort, Ao'mek thought it best if he take the younger man to the bar at the weyr instead of taking him some place else. Ao'mek's goal? Merely to get his fellow wingrider to have some fun and loosen up a little. He really couldn't say, but he would hazard to guess that N'can was the sort to merely watch life go by him instead of joining in. To Ao'mek that was a tragedy. People should live life to the fullest. Hopefully this evening he could teach his young wingmate a little something about that. Once he was dressed and groomed he left his place and headed for N'can's.

Generally, Ao'mek would have given warning or asked in advanced before randomly showing up at people's apartments, but he thought he was more likely to get N'can to agree to come out with him if he was standing right there ready to go. Ao'mek smoothed out the wrinkles of his vest before he knocked on N'can's door and then waited politely for it to be answered. When N'can came to answer it he would be met with a wide smiling face. "Hey there, N'can! You busy? If not, I am here to take you out for some drinking and fun. What do you say?" He asked in his signature happy-go-lucky voice.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Altreis

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Evenings tended to be a period of de-stressing for N'can. After spending all day in a constant state of fretting over just about everything, the bluerider needed what peace he could get. One of the best ways to unwind for him? Gardening. He had a knack for working with plants and taking care of them was simple, at least in his mind. People were inherently complex and thus the odds were that much higher of him doing or saying something to mess up. Plants though? Plants didn't complain, didn't scowl at him, didn't get mad if he was a little late watering them, etc. He would speak to them, sing to them, all while pruning, weeding, fertilizing, and then some. Generally a long, hot bath came next. It did let him relax further but it also was kind of needed, seeing as N'can got dirty while tending to the plants.

That was his plan tonight as well, just as any other night. N'can was actually smiling as he approached his apartment, happy to see how his plants were flourishing. Spending time with them was always the highlight of his day-okay after time with Violath perhaps but Violath was in a category all his own.

What N'can had not planned on, however, was someone already being there when he reached his apartment. That alone had his nerves returning, the smile fading as N'can slowed to a stop. Of course he couldn't get lucky enough to collect his thoughts before he was noticed.

Dark eyes widened, staring at his wingmate and fellow bluerider: Ao'mek. The man was happy and friendly as ever, a fact which actually made N'can all the more nervous. He really didn't want to ruin Ao'mek's good mood, though in this instance he wasn't sure how to do otherwise. Ao'mek was dressed nicely, had clearly cleaned up, and was ready to go for "drinking and fun" as he put it. N'can? Well...he had just been weeding. On top of whatever grunge he had from the day he now sported dirt smudges, hardly a look that would go over well wherever Ao'mek wanted to go.

Oh shards...and not a look he wanted one of his wingmates seeing either! N'can's face lit up bright red, both from that and the fact he had been...actually...looking Ao'mek over a little. It was impossible to ignore how good the other bluerider looked all dressed up and clean, just as it was impossible to ignore what a mess N'can was.

"I...I-I uh...m'not ready...would only slow you down...ruin it somehow...s-s-sorry. M-maybe take some-one else?" The words were muttered to his feet, N'can having dropped his gaze as soon as he realized how he must look.

The blush only deepened as more thoughts occurred to him. "I mean I c-c-an...need to change...clean...b-b-bu-but if you want to go now...um...pr-probably better off with someone else. N-n-n-n-not that I don't want to or...shells...I just don't want to ruin your night..."
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:32 pm

The man was grungy, but then again this was a weyr. If you went through the entire day without getting some sort of dirt on you then you obviously wasn't living weyrlife correctly. That was simply Ao'mek's humble opinion. As usual, N'can began to stutter and mumble more than actually talk to him. For a moment, he couldn't help but wonder what had made the lad so shy. Yes, it wasn't uncommon for people to be shy and timid when they're young, but he wondered why N'can hadn't seemed to grow out of any of that shyness. Perhaps he's merely been that sheltered. Granted, it really wasn't his business to know, but that didn't mean he couldn't be curious.

Ao'mek moved up closer to the man and put his hands on either shoulder. "First of all...take a deep breath and relax a little. Alright?" He advised in a kind voice. "I came here unannounced to your door step to ask you to join me for drinks. The fact you've been busy doing something else is not your fault, nor is it something to be sorry about. So no more apologizing for that." He assured him. If anyone was should apologize it should be him for not giving N'can fair warning that he would be coming over to his apartment.

"You're not going to ruin the evening, which is still young, mind you, so I would be more than happy to wait for you if you want to get cleaned up. We're not going anywhere special, so don't fret too much on attire." Ao'mek decided he probably ought to add that part just in case N'can became worried about what to wear.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Car'vis and Corentivis | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Altreis

Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 am

N'can was sputtering apology after apology as he could manage, always finding some small thing that could be taken offense at and changing tracks to try and cover that flaw, and again, and again. The entire time his burning face was tilted downward, eyes on his feet. Perhaps, if he hadn't been trying so hard, he would have seen the movement on the fringes of his vision. Instead the sudden touch at his shoulders came out of nowhere, N'can flinching and jerking his head back up, eyes wide and mouth perhaps wider as he scrambled to figure out what he'd done wrong and how to fix it-

-only for Ao'mek to speak first, words and voice both so very kind. That kindness was such a stark contrast to the scathing disapproval or outright anger N'can had expected. The difference left him dumbfounded for the moment, only able to stare at the other bluerider and nod his head along with what was said. Yet for the shock, the appearance of being unable to really track with what Ao'mek was saying, N'can caught it all. It was a turns-old habit that he always listened, no matter what.

Did he want to make Ao'mek wait while he cleaned up and changed? Ao'mek was "perfectly happy" to wait, as he put it, but then if N'can opted for that he would be spending at least part of evening with him. Ao'mek was also confident that N'can could not ruin the evening, yet what if he turned the request down? That would put a damper on things for sure. On the flipside if he said yes, especially with drinks involved, what might come of it? Could he manage to be decent enough company and avoid taking in too much alcohol? It would be extremely stressful for him, every minute of it. No, N'can most certainly did not want to do this. Could he really afford to say "no" though? Even if Ao'mek would allow it, N'can knew there would be disappointment. He would disappoint one of the happiest, friendliest people he'd ever met. No...he couldn't do that...

N'can swallowed, trying to stuff down his nerves as best he could. "I...it might take a while s-since I've been...uh..." He tried to vaguely gesture towards the worst of the dirt. "I really added to the dirt of the day. Uh...if you really want to wait...maybe...you could come in? Be comfortable at least?" Granted his apartment was rather plain but N'can was hopeful Ao'mek would be happy with the ability to rest and relax instead of having to stand around outside while N'can was washing up and changing.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:29 pm

The hands on N'can's shoulder's squeezed a little more, but only meant in a comforting gesture. Ao'mek really couldn't imagine being so timid, he'd dare to say afraid, and quiet. Then again, he had the benefit of always being a man of a cheerful disposition and having much training in the Legion. Being a Legionairre taught a person confidence or it ate them up and spat them out. That was merely how it was. "N'can, buddy, stop apologizing. You really don't have to apologize for everything. I promise you that." The younger man at least seemed to truly be listening what he had to say, though it still wasn't clear if he was going to take him up on the offer to go out for the evening.

"I...it might take a while s-since I've been...uh..." He tried to vaguely gesture towards the worst of the dirt. "I really added to the dirt of the day. Uh...if you really want to wait...maybe...you could come in? Be comfortable at least?"

A wide smile, that some had called both infectious and annoying, spread on his face as he realized he was winning this small battle. "Take all the time you need, N'can. Take a candlemark even if need be. Trust me, I will be perfectly fine and happy waiting for you." Ao'mek assured him once again in a chipper voice. He turned to stand beside his fellow bluerider and gave friendly pat on the back that also encouraged N'can to lead the way inside of his apartment. "Thank you. Don't mind if I do sit in your lovely abode and wait for you. I have Katan and Dunshire to keep me company until you return and we can get this show on the road, as the harpers would say." His silver and emerald fancy flitts gave an affirmative chirp as they flew into the apartment and took a perch on a chair.

Ao'mek then shooed N'can off to take care of his own business, albeit in a playful way. "Again, don't worry too much about attire. We're staying here in Atricis. I think there is a good band playing tonight. If you like music that is." He said, making idle chatter as he moved over to the couch to settle down for a spell.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 pm

N'can was in very unfamiliar territory and he didn't like it. How was he supposed to handle this? What was the right answer? Ao'mek didn't like being apologized to and was calling him "buddy". N'can was stumped.

Or...maybe he had stumbled onto the right thing. Ao'mek seemed to brighten up immensely when N'can extended an offer of hospitality. He knew that even if he pushed himself to get cleaned up quickly it would be some minutes. Ao'mek would have to wait. Better to allow him into the apartment, let him sit or lie down, than expect him to stand around outside for the length of time it took N'can to get ready.

The chatter was given a vague smile, N'can attempting to make Ao'mek happy. Okay, being thanked was...well unusual but at least it was positive. Everything about Ao'mek was positive, back to his usual self. This was good! A step in the right direction. Now N'can just needed to get dressed and...somehow make it through the evening. He didn't generally go out, let alone with someone. What did one do when they "went out", as the saying went? How was he supposed to treat Ao'mek? For surely, as the one inviting him along, Ao'mek deserved special consideration.

And, once he was safely alone, N'can couldn't help but groan. Why did the bluerider have to look so sharding good? He might not be really dressed up but he was a handsome man and even being clean, in nice clothes, only made him that much more attractive. It had been tricky enough to keep his eyes and thoughts from roaming during wing meetings and drills. If he hadn't been so scared witless N'can might have blushed at having Ao'mek's hands anywhere on him. Then again maybe that would help him through the night... He was bound to be a bundle of nerves the entire time and that had a tendency to be a real distraction from inappropriate, sinful thoughts.

If he wanted distractions though, his closet proved a good one. The second N'can looked in it, intending to pick out the clothes he'd be changing into, something about the contents struck him: plain. N'can was not the vain sort and really preferred to fade into the background so he didn't have any stressful social encounters. Some people still insisted on talking to him but he was sure there would be more if he dressed in such a way he caught wandering eyes. Unfortunately drab clothing was not what one wore to look nice. There were a couple of nicer clothes, but still not all that great.

Sighing at the predicament he had gotten himself trapped in, N'can pulled out long black pants and a clean white shirt. Not exactly astounding but still better than shades of brown and grey....

There was no time to dwell on it though; he'd already kept Ao'mek waiting too long. N'can was quick to ditch his dirty clothes in a pile (that would be cleaned up the second he got home; N'can had been well trained in being neat), washed wherever there was still dirt with a cloth, and then donned the clean clothes. However, in his hurry, he had forgotten one thing: his hair. The long strands were left tousled from him pulling shirts over his head. There was even a stray leaf that had stubbornly remained tucked in his hair.

"Uh w-well...think I look okay?" he asked as he rejoined Ao'mek, blushing from a mixture of seeing Ao'mek again and self-consciousness about how he looked. He had to do good enough for Ao'mek, he just had to....
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 pm

Ao'mek was quite content to play fetch with Dunshire and Katan. He had a little cloth ball that he generally kept on his person that they loved to chase it and bring it back to him. Sometimes they would fight over it, but generally they were good about one fetching it and then the other fetching it. Occasionally those fights would lead to little scuffles, but even those would turn back into play fighting. Which was what happened as N'can was getting dressed. He was chuckling as he watched Katan tackle Dunshire to the ground and the two began to roll across the floor. That kept up until the two of them heard N'can come back into the room.

"Uh w-well...think I look okay?"

Ao'mek was already smiling and laughing, but the chuckling stopped and the wide smile was turned N'can. He stood up and walked over to him. A hand reached up and plucked the single leaf that remained in his long locks. Then, he took the liberty to smooth out his fellow blueriders disheveled hair a little. Ao'mek was a rather tactile person, so it wasn't uncommon for him to touch, hug, and generally get in people's personal space. "There we go. You look more than okay. Very handsome. You clean up nicely." He stated with a wink.

"Alright, you ready for a night of fun?" He asked with excitement in his voice as he moved to the door and opened it for N'can. Once the man joined him, he put a chummy arm around N'can's shoulders as they walked to the dining hall. Ao'mek was quite happy to make idle chatter as they walked and if N'can wanted to speak he could, but it wasn't as if Ao'mek couldn't do enough talking for the both of them. Granted, once at the bar area of the hall and settled, he would be trying to get N'can to open up more.

The bar area was happily not too busy, though there was some people sitting and enjoying drinks. Ao'mek found them a spot at the bar for them to sit at that was all to themselves. "What's your poison, N'can? My treat." He asked him.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:03 am

Laughter met N'can's entrance: happy laughter. He almost wished he hadn't spoken, hadn't shattered the moment. It was too late though; he already had announced himself and already Ao'mek was looking his way.

N'can was not left to dwell on what he'd interrupted for long however as Ao'mek approached him. The bluerider had yet to say anything, a fact that made N'can nervous even though the man approaching him wore a wide grin. Closer, closer...and then the touching began. Instead of answering him Ao'mek was...playing with his hair? Shards! N'can couldn't begin to imagine why Ao'mek had reached for his hair but being that close, having another's hands in his hair, that was all it took for N'can's face to burn. That said person was also rather attractive really didn't help. On top of all that N'can was aware that he was blushing, wished he could stop it, was nervous of what Ao'mek would think-and of course only blushed all the more.

The fruit on top came when Ao'mek finished whatever he was doing. Sure the physical contact was gone but to be told he looked very handsome? And Faranth that wink! N'can was positive he looked like he had a giant redfruit for a head by now but he could not stop! Things went from awkward to embarrassing to-to-to-to-he-didn't-know-what!

Thus it was actually a relief when they left. The arm around his shoulders didn't help but at least it wasn't as...nonono, not even thinking it! It was a friendly gesture though and Ao'mek was chatting away without needing input from N'can. That definitely helped: him not having to fret about making conversation-at least until they reached the bar area of the dining hall.

First thing said now? Ao'mek was offering to buy him a drink. On top of the fact N'can was not worth wasting marks on, there was the snag that he really tried to avoid alcohol. He was clumsy enough without any help! However it also would be highly rude to turn the offer down. What to order though?!

N'can opened and closed his mouth a few times, trying desperately to find something. Finally, blushing once more and dropping his gaze to the bar, N'can quietly muttered: "I don't know. N-ever really drink this sort of stuff. A toast here and there...I don't know what's what." Ohhh why had he agreed to this? Why wasn't there some hole he could crawl into and disappear? Why did Ao'mek want to deal with him when there were definitely more outgoing people around? They probably actually had certain drinks they liked...
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 pm

Ao'mek was only slightly afraid that N'can was going to spontaneously combust at any point in time since they had left his apartment. It wasn't as if the man was pale skinned and yet still he didn't know that shade of red was possible on a person. He found it endearing, but then was a little concerned that N'can was going to pass out from all the heat rushing to his head. For all of that blushing, N'can at least was still going with him.

"I don't know. N-ever really drink this sort of stuff. A toast here and there...I don't know what's what."

That did not surprise him in the least....though he figured that was a rather unfair assumption. Just because a person was shy and timid like N'can didn't necessarily have to mean that they weren't the sort to drink and party a little. It just generally happened to be that way. "Don't you worry. I won't steer you wrong. You see....most men, think that it is only acceptable to drink the stronger stuff that is stereotypically considered manly. You know, whisky, brandy, straight vodka. I think that is a load of hogwash and they don't know what they're missing out on. A good stiff drink doesn't have to taste like burnt wood or pine trees. Let me show you." Ao'mek leaned in a little to speak to him. "Hey, Jespar!" He yelled over at the barkeep.

"Ao'mek good to see you. Want one of your specials?" Jespar asked and gave a look to N'can. A knowing look, that Ao'mek recognized but didn't comment on, though he couldn't blame the barkeep for assuming that N'can was another pretty face that Ao'mek planned on having some fun with. To be fair that wasn't entirely not truth. Ao'mek did plan on having a good time tonight....just not it going THAT far.

"Please and thank you, my good man." Ao'mek said and slid the man over some marks. He was paid a little more than what was needed because he knew that if you took care of your bartender...they took care of you. "You're going to love this...I promise." He said with a waggle of his eyebrows. It wasn't long before Jespar came back with two drinks. It was obvious they were made of some of the citrus fruit that grew so abundantly down here. The bottom of the drink was redfruit juice, but then the color faded up to orange juice. Ice kept the drink cold. Ao'mek picked up both the glasses and handed one to N'can. "To a good night and good friendship." He cheered before clinking his glass to N'can's and then took a drink. As always, the drink was light and fresh and fruity....but most of all it was deceptively strong.
Image Image Image Image

Altreis

Tue May 08, 2018 12:22 am

Ao'mek, despite consistently being friendly and cheerful during drills, continued to surprise N'can with how utterly unflappable he seemed tonight. Nothing so much as gave him pause, even N'can's utter lack of any sort of taste for alcohol. It wasn't that he hated it either; N'can just tried to avoid it in general and as such had next to no experience with the flavors and types of it. He always figured that he was enough of a clumsy bother without being drunk...and now it was biting him in the rear. Yet Ao'mek took that admission in stride. How?! N'can couldn't even begin to imagine.

"Uh..." N'can muttered, Ao'mek's speech about manly drinks going right over his head. N'can didn't socialize much, actively tried to avoid other people in fact. As a result well...he really didn't know what others had to say on the matter of alcohol-including what types were considered "manly". Even if he had heard he would not have remembered. Whenever would such a fact have come up again? Until now, anyway.

Ao'mek then called over the bartender who gave N'can a look that made the bluerider blush and study the bar counter intensely. He wasn't sure exactly what that look was but there was something about it...he felt like he was somewhere he shouldn't be, or perhaps shouldn't be there with Ao'mek...but Ao'mek had invited him! Shards this was all so confusing and strange.

And if the bartender's look didn't do it, the way Ao'mek waggled his brows at N'can sure did! His face was on fire, N'can trying and failing to get control of it. He couldn't blush, not this hard, not in public, not in front of his host for the Goddess' sake!

The drinks came then, distracting N'can as he was handed one and then-noooooooooooo. Why were they toasting? Granted he had to drink the stuff anyway; it was so unacceptable not to...but toasts generally got him into trouble. Enough of those and he started to feel the alcohol. That would be a disaster...he had to avoid it somehow! Maybe if he ate enough and trickled it in...outside of the toast. With any luck this was the only toast Ao'mek would think of. "To uh...wh-what you said," N'can stammered, too flustered to even parrot words.

He took the obligatory sip to seal the toast-and a look of surprise took over his features, N'can looking down at the drink. It tasted more like fruit juice than anything. "Um...i-if I may as-sk...you s-s-sure this is...uh...m-m-m-more than just fruit?" And oh how he both hoped it was not and that he hadn't offended Ao'mek in some way...