Cuddle Monsters - Tag: Lanni

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Jovia
Marks: 501.00 [Donate]

Cuddle Monsters - Tag: Lanni

Postby Jovia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:21 am

Time - Early Summer 2046

"Come on Gemmer you are already fat enough as it is, let Mossay have some too."

Fyrn was sitting at one of the seats in the dining hall with a plate that held a few pieces of meat, holding back a small jasper fancy flitt in her arms while a green one was trying to make quick work of the food. "There you see, now both of you had roughly the same and should be sated alright?" The jasper flitter had wiggled out of her arms, only to flop on the table spread out comfortably and chittering very animatedly even though she was full and a bit sleepy now. The green one on the other hand scolded the other before clambering into Fyrn's arms to curl up and bury her face in the comfortable tunic.

"Gemmer really? well now you are sleepy because you are full you didn't need the rest anyways." A smile spread across her face before glancing down at her green. "And Mossay you just had to have the last word huh? alright alright you get comfy I'll stop bugging you." Sticking her tongue out at both before giggling at her own antics. Honestly ever since she bonded with these two at their hatching she had started to come out of her shell. Then again it felt wonderful, amazing, and so different to be responsible to such lovely creatures. Emotions and feelings tingled in her mind which made the young woman relax in her seat.

She had been responsible for others before, but she never had a mental bond with them such as this. They were still just babies in her mind as well, she got them in spring and it was only early summer too. Where had the time gone? Chuckling softly as chirps interrupted her thoughts she reached out to rub both on their headknobs. "Yes yes, I'm not allowed to be by myself and trapped in my thoughts anymore I know I know." Chagrin coloring her voice but the gentle smile on her face showed she didn't mind.

Lanni
Marks: 2462.00 [Donate]

Re: Cuddle Monsters - Tag: Lanni

Postby Lanni » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:39 am

:P'dren of Bronze Kheluzath:

Even with a few more weeks under his belt in this new place, P'dren was still adjusting to the unique views of the Weyr. Both figuratively and literally. It was odd not to have to climb all sorts of stairs to get where he needed to go. This particular day found the bronze rider leaving his muted bronze partner sunning out in the open as he carried the young Nyvan to the mess hall to find a meal. There was another odd thing: his son's namesake. While he already held a soft spot for the young blue firelizard, it was a challenge not to look for his son when he called out for the creature. "Nyvan," He whispered again hoping that familiarity with the word would come with time and repetition. The blue twittered back as he moved to settle better on the man's shoulder. "Are you hungry little guy?" P'dren asked as they entered the bustling hub of the Weyr,.

P'dren chuckled lightly at the blue's enthusiastic response to the thought of food. "Okay, okay, I'll find us something to fill our bellies with," P'dren said with a smile pulling on his lips. He had to admit, ever since the Fancy Firelizard had joined their odd family, the rider had smiled quite a bit more. He was still sporting the small smile as he joined the crowds in finding enough food for himself and his young friend. It didn't take terribly long and soon P'dren was hunting for a spot to sit at without interrupting anyone's meal. Fortunately for the blue eyed man, Nyvan had taken matters into his own claws. Spotting two of his sisters at a near-by table, the young flit launched himself towards them.

Feeling the departure of his blue had P'dren stopping in his tracks. Worry played across his stern features as he turned to look for Nyvan. A flash of the familiar tones had P'dren sighing a breath of relief. "Nyvan," P'dren called out in a heartrendingly familiar scolding tone. "Don't take off without me," P'dren added after a thick swallow against the emotions dancing behind his blue eyes.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jovia

Postby Jovia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:57 am

Oh that did it, soon as the blue showed up Gemmer was instantly up and trilling a greeting. Walking back and forth like an over eager puppy, wings flailing about and tail about to knock something off the table. Fyrn reached out to catch the empty cup and placed it on her plate with a little chuckle, Mossay poked her head up now too and jumped up on her human's shoulder trilling out a soft greeting herself though none too eager to leap off of her human. "Well hello there little one nice to meet you, but where is your person?" Turning her head this way and that she noticed someone walking closer, he seemed familiar. Trying to think of where, her mind went to the hatching which was probably where she saw him. Honestly she recognized the blue kind of so she knew he was from the same clutch.

As P'dren got closer though she noticed how much older he was... and the knots showing he was a bronze dragonrider. Honestly if she was drinking klah right now she would be spitting it out and coughing. A bronzerider? Was she allowed to socialize with one? Oh god she didn't look a mess did she? Quickly Fyrn glanced over herself before trying to take a deep breathe to calm herself. Gemmer gave a soft trill as her eyes started to whirl and tilted her head, while Mossay gently nuzzled Fyrn's cheek with a light croon. No no she had to be okay, calm and stuff, and well... it should be alright especially since it was his fancy one who came to say hi.

Her head still shrunk a little into her shoulders as she waved and gave a little smile. "Seems yours wanted to say hi, you are welcome to come sit though."

Lanni

Postby Lanni » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:04 am

Even as the blue wished to interact with his sisters, there was a slight hesitation in Nyvan's approach. He could hear the scolding tone of his pet but the young flit wasn't ready to listen just yet. Landing on the table with a slight thump and a skid across the wooden surface the blue glanced back at his human and trilled a soft question. Taking in his young one's antics and the pleading tone in Nyvan's trills, P'dren couldn't help but chuckle... lightly... on the inside. Glancing towards the young lady in charge of the two firelizards, the bronze rider wondered what had her so timid. Was he wearing his stoic mask again? These days it was getting harder and harder to let down his guard and relax around people.

"I think Nyvan would be rather put out if we didn't join you, my dear," P'dren said in response as he moved to sit at the table as well. Nyvan, realizing that his pet had given the go-ahead, chirped happily and tried to move across the table to greet his sisters. However the small blue didn't take into account the scarred surface of the wood and a single claw on his front paw caught on a rough patch. Stumbling a bit, Nyvan called out to P'dren for help. Instinct had the former-father moving to straighten the firelizard before he realized what he was doing. A very slight flush came to P'dren's cheeks as he caught the tiny creature. "Careful, Nyvan," He called out softly before moving his gaze back to the candidate. "His name is Nyvan. I'm P'dren of Kheluzath. May we ask with whom we are sharing this meal?" He asked playing into the role his bronze suggested from his sunning spot.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jovia

Postby Jovia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Gemmer of course was still ecstatic that someone came to say hi and trilled again towards Nyvan with as much enthusiasm as she could put into her greeting. Mossay softly chirped before hopping up onto the table but stuck with Fyrn and coiled around an arm that was still on the table. Fyrn however couldn't help but give a bigger smile at their antics, honestly she needed to figure out how to train them. "Hehe yeah, sorry about them I still need to figure out how to train the two." She was slowly growing more relaxed but she was still a bit tense, a little voice in the back of her head telling her not to screw up and think a dragonrider of all people she was nuts or something.

A gentle smile spread over her face though as she watched Nyvan's paw get caught and P'dren instantly went to take care of the blue. At least he was a good person, if how one treated their fancy flitt or other sorts is a way to tell. That kind of made her more relaxed but also more tense in a way, considering if she made a nice person mad that would be even worse!

"Nice to meet you both.. I'm Candidate Fyrn and the Jasper is Gemmer while the green Mossay." She was barely able to squeak out the word candidate before her face turned bright red. But it faded a bit and she started to get more relaxed again with a silly smile on her face when mentioning her two. "Sorry.. I'm just a little nervous since you are a rider and a bronze rider and I don't want to seem weird or strange or...." Suddenly Fyrn kind of tumbled all the words out before blinking a few moments and stopping herself. Turning towards the table and laying her head face first into the wood. "Don't mind me."

Gemmer however trilled and didn't think too much of her human before trying to tackle Nyvan playfully, of course she didn't aim right though and missed him by a full plate length and rolled down the table a little bit. Mossay though tried to croon softly to her human but her eyes weren't swirling too much, either too used to Fyrn being a nervous wreck around others or Fyrn was starting to calm down. Either way the green turned to P'dren to give a soft chirp in greetings.

Lanni

Postby Lanni » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:40 am

While he hadn't much practice with the younger generations before they Impressed their life-partner, P'dren knew the signs of a nervous habit. Picking up on her rambling as one such trait just before she paused in her tracks. A memory of Nyvan doing a similar thing as a youngster had a small fond smile coming to the older man's face. "No need to apologize," P'dren commented before he realized what he was doing. "I'll tell you a secret," He added as his voice dropped into a faux-whisper. Waiting for a few heartbeats to make sure he had the girl's attention, P'dren took a moment to check on Nyvan once more. His smile grew again as the blue recovered to interact once more with the sister-flits.

Turning that smile on the young candidate girl, P'dren spoke again, "We all put on our pants the same way," He paused once more before turning on a brighter smile, "One leg at a time." A low chuckle left the bronze rider at his small joke. Hoping that his antics put the shy girl a bit more at ease, the blue eyed rider turned his attention back to their firelizards. "I'm glad that Nyvan has some friends around. We're all so new here," P'dren admitted with a small hope that the conversation would continue to calm the nervous girl.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jovia

Postby Jovia » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 am

Fyrn was already silently admonishing herself for being so nervous and rambling. Even glancing at P'dren with a little sheepish smile, maybe she needed to be more social or something. Not about to really speak up though she listened carefully when P'dren mentioned she had no need to apologize... Well sure she hadn't really done anything big but still... Ears perked up when he had a secret to tell her though, she was curious afterall. He seemed nice enough and the fancy flitts were from the same clutch.. He wouldn't be a bad person since he had a dragon and one of these beauties so she paid attention. See he even was smiling as she noticed him glance at his little blue there!

We all put our pants on the same way? Fyrn couldn't help but frown and look at him for a few moments as it went through her head. "Well... yes I mean aren't skirts hard to wear while riding a dragon?" The leg at a time was just obvious, how else would you put pants on? Only after she spoke up did it dawn on her what he actually meant. Fyrn felt her face turn bright red but the smile on her face grew. "Yeah, I'll be honest I had just come to the Weyr when they were hatching and well... didn't know candidates aren't supposed to have pets... But I am happy anyways."

Return to “Dining Hall”