Diamonds Brought to Shore ~ Weyr Fancy Flitt Handout

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ainokesshou
Marks: 1476.00 [Donate]

Re: Diamonds Brought to Shore ~ Weyr Fancy Flitt Handout

Postby Ainokesshou » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:01 pm

Tag: LdyPayne/Shyran, LdyPayne/I'ent

Mouse preened every time his hatchlings were praised, and P'list had a feeling that his pet was hoping to make a habit of siring clutches. And in a few sevendays, he would be old enough that he could allow Elah to chase as well, which was an...interesting thought.

P'list shouldn't think about that right now, though. It was better to think about the fact that at the same age he would finally be fighting Thread. He had seen enough of his clutchmates' injuries over the turn or so since they had moved into fighting wings that he was in no danger of glamorizing the fight. But he wanted to actually be useful to the Weyr, in a more concrete way than as a messenger and ferry service.

"Ember is a good name," he agreed. It was a name that she wouldn't have to explain the way he always had to explain Mouse. "Elahrairath is fine, ready and eager to take his place in a wing finally." It was never the dragons who worried before a Fall, wondering which riders would be seriously scored or worse this time. As far as the fire-breathing partners were concerned, it was always bewildering that Thread had not retreated back to the Red Star in sheer terror of each individual dragon. "I guess I'm not surprised you are in a patrol group," though he was a little concerned that, if Pacaran was not really suited for that, they might be in more danger than the other partners. "And the felines are apparently smart enough to plan, it seems to me that if they wanted to communicate, they would have already tried."

When Shyran mentioned the starburst, he looked at the sparkly flitt again. "I've never seen that color before," he admitted. "They're female, right? Are they clutchers?" Mouse would be incorrigible if he had sired a clutching female the first time he chased.

As the little explosion of light on a dark sky started rejecting pieces of food instead of carefully inspecting them and grudgingly accepting them, Cehrazad made time to look around the room at the other new pet owners. There were two of the other riders from the same clutch as Nahumth, and for some reason she never seemed to have the time to talk to Shireth's rider. He always seemed to have somewhere else to be.

"I'ent," she called out, standing with her remaining meat after the flitt suddenly collapsed into exhaustion into her arm instead of continuing to eat. There were a few large pieces left, and she brought them over for the man's new moonstone flitt. (THAT was a color she was at least familiar with.) "Well, she's a cute little girl. I took too much for my hatchling," and she offered the extra pieces, sitting down across from him absently. "I have no idea what this color is called, but I love that she has such similar markings to my Nahumth. They'll look gorgeous together."

She smiled warmly at the other greenrider then, "And how is Shireth?" she asked, sure that every rider's favorite topic would help him open up to her. "Nahumth doesn't get to see enough of her clutchmates in different wings."
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth       Folith          Zenith
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask

Return to “Dining Hall”