Diamonds Brought to Shore ~ Weyr Fancy Flitt Handout

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
LdyPayne

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:18 pm

"Most likely, some males can be quite attentive to their mates," Shyran responded. Growing up the daughter of Fancy Flit breeders meant she knew quite a bit about them. One reason she never had any trouble handling her own Fancy Flits. The little ruby would make a fine addition to her fair and she was hoping to see some interesting offspring from her own eggs in the future. Not that the ruby was her only clutching female but it will be some time still before her garnet was old enough.

Shyran looked over at the other recently hatched babies and smiled. Mouse certainly was getting a nice variety of fancy flits from the clutch. "That he does indeed. I may just have to keep him in mind when one of my females is ready to rise."

"You really do have a kind heart to take on two handicapped pets," Shyran responded. She knew most breeders would cull any offspring with obvious deformities. It was lucky these found a home with P'list. "Felines are pretty adoptable, it may not be as 'blind' as you think. He likely hears as well as any feline and those whiskers are useful too but it's good you baby-proofed your weyr at least till he's had a chance to explore every inch of it. I am also not surprised your three legged furflit has no trouble getting along. Wings are very useful for that."

Shyran looked down at her sleeping ruby and agreed, he did look like hot coals at night. She already had a flit named Hot Stuff but something relating to coals would be good. Then the name came to her and she smiled. "You know, your description of this little guy is spot on and it also gives me an idea for a name. I shall call him Ember."

It may sound a little feminine but Shyran didn't mind. Ember suited the Ruby and firelizards didn't have the ability to truly comprehend masculine/feminine when it came to names. It may confuse some people but Shyran wasn't worried. Ember was the perfect name for a ruby who did look like glowing coals.

"He certainly does make fantastic babies, it's very rare to see a Starburst hatch, that rider certainly is lucky to Impress one," Shyran added. Now that Ember was fast asleep she could enjoy watching the rest of the eggs hatch and visit with P'list.

"How's Elahrairath fairing? Are you two still flying as messengers or did you move up into the Fighting Wings?" Shyran asked. "Pacaran and I are graduated and in a patrol group for now. With the threats of the Felines it seemed more important than diplomacy. Besides, it's highly unlikely the felines can be reasoned with like you can with dragonkin, such as the Pearls."
LdyPayne

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:27 pm

I'ent had only meant to grab a bite to eat before heading back to his apartment when he noticed a small gathering near one of the female Garnet riders from his weyrling group. There was another woman with her who I'ent didn't recall but what truly caught his attention was the humming fire lizards. He was about to move off and find someplace to eat when he realized the eggs were being given out, for free. It was a concept he had heard about in the Weyr but this was the first time he was seeing them being given out.

Watching one woman moving off with an egg he immediate suspected it was only free to other women, why would a woman give something as valuable as a fancy flit to a male? Just when he was going to turn away a male rider stepped up and asked for an egg and received one! Free of charge! I'ent watched in amazement as the first few eggs hatched to produce beautiful Fancy Flits and decided he will just ask, the worse that could happen he'll be refused. Besides he could use one to train up as a messenger, his Basilisk wasn't going to be flying anywhere soon so was useless as a messenger.

He approached the table and eyed the protective mother of the clutch then raised his eyes slightly but not high enough to actually look directly into Fali'vas or F'inn's eyes.

"Ah, good day...if I am permitted, may I have one of the eggs? I swear to the Ancients to take great care of the flit, it'll never want for anything." I'ent asked.

ooc: Decided to claim the second egg I am allowed, which is good as I totally forgot I wanted to get some kind of firelizard for I'ent at some point. I'll take egg #14.
Berry

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:02 pm

Benifran yawned so wide he swore he could hear his jaw pop. "Ouch." With a sigh he rubbed the joint and squinted out into the dining room. There were far to many people, but at least there weren't to many familiar faces. There might have been a squad mate but he couldn't have been bothered to really look and check.

The dualhandler stopped a moment, deciding just how hungry he really was. With two other rumbling bellies sometimes it was difficult to tell. A gentle mental prod revealed his whers were asleep for the time being. Benifrask had stirred as his handler had left but dozed back off. Well he didn't feel all that hungry and neither were they so... he'd wandered here half asleep and out of habit.

A shrill warble from his left reminded him that Shiva had tagged along. The blue put his forepaws on his person's head and craned his neck to see something off to the side. Chittering excitedly he took off gliding to where a group of people were gathered around a woman and some sand? egg? Egg shells?

Well it wasn't like he had anything else to do and his ribs really weren't aching to badly today so why not? Benifran ambled over the the young woman, noticing the very few unbroken shells. Hmm was there a chance perhaps? Did he want another critter flapping around though? Just one thought of Benisk and the answer was a resounding yes. The green would adore a small little flitt to take care of, especially a fancy flitt with the feathers, bright hides and what not. "If you have any left would you mind if I had one?" He asked. Shiva crooned from a neerby bench he'd perched himself on. Hopefully the blue would take well to having to share his human and two whers.

I hope you don't mind me nabbing a second 'lizard for my boyo. #9 if I may
F'laan reply coming soon, just wanted to get this in there
Marks Tracker
~~~ Image ~~~ Image ~~~
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:22 am

- Dragon Candidate Laikanu -
Laikanu offered an odd sort of smile to the young lady handing him the egg as she called him "sir". It wasn't a title that the troublemaking teen was used to hearing in reference to himself. If it wasn't for the other young lady nudging him in the side, Lai would have commented on the matter. As it stood the young blue eyed man had two choices: react to the comment or follow Halimila's example and move to the side. Deciding that the other candidate had the right idea, Laikanu offered a quick thank you for the egg and allowed the smaller candidate to drag him off to the side. "We'll need food for the little one!" Halimila said nodding and letting her braided hair bounce along her shoulder. Her odd firelizard pets gave off their own advice in their trilling ways before the larger one took off towards a table. "Mavi is saving us a table I think while we grab some food," The bubbly teen said as she used her bandaged hand to snag a bit of meat that seemed to be sitting on a table for just that purpose. "Come on! We gotta get settled before the egg hatches!" Halimila said tugging on his arm once more.

Laikanu chuckled at the small girl as he felt the egg begin to rock in earnest. "Best hurry then," He commented using his longer legs to set his words into actions. The brunette giggled then with a pretty flush on her cheeks as she tailed behind him. No sooner had they joined the odd Mavi at the table that the egg offered a cracking sound and caused Lai to flinch as a shard flew off. "I think they're in a hurry too," Lai said with a lopsided smile at the girl at his side. "I guess so!" Halimila admitted as she leaned forward to watch the egg. It didn't take long for the little one on the inside to break its prison completely and the egg-shards to rain down on the scarred wooden table. Among the rubble sat a pretty little thing covered in goo. "Oh how cute!" The brown eyed girl called out as her friends cooed a greeting to the green baby.

Laikanu had to agree. The tri-toned green had to be the prettiest little firelizard he had seen in ages. "She's a pretty thing alright. Fit right in don't you think, Tui?" Laikanu greeted the little one with a small bit of meat as if he had the name waiting on the tip of his tongue the whole time. The hungry green didn't reply as she nipped the edges of the man's fingers as he took too long to feed her another morsel. Chuckling Lai quickly added a few more bites to the pile in his free hand. Halimila giggled as she too began to feed her hungry companions.

:P'dren of Bronze Kheluzath:
When rumor came across P'dren's path of a firelizard gifting there were two different reactions going on between his mind and his heart. He knew that a tiny creature would help his heart mend but his more rational mind wasn't sure that he could provide a good home for a firelizard as he was still adjusting to the new weyr. If it hadn't been for the nudging of Kheluzath, P'dren might have passed up this chance. It took a few minutes of friendly bickering between the long-time partners for P'dren to realize how lonely his bronze was... how lonely they both were. Well that thought sealed their fates. With a determined look on his face the battered bronze rider made his way towards the popular table. Nodding at a few faces and the familiar candidate from Benden, P'dren decided to wait a bit to see just how popular the creatures were.

After watching the first few eggs as they hatched, P'dren couldn't help but feel a bit of awe at the stunning new creatures. Were all the Southern firelizards like these? He had heard about the fancy firelizards of course, but so few had crossed his path in the North that the blue eyed rider didn't give much thought about owning one until today. With a more determined set to his mind and facial features, P'dren waited for his turn to approach the ladies at the table. When a wher-handler had shifted away from the pair, P'dren tried to offer the ladies a smile in greeting. He knew though that the smile wasn't as happy as some had been and that his blue eyes still reflected the pain of losing his son but for the first time in a season, P'dren felt hope tinge his words. "Good day, my ladies," P'dren offered as he stalled over the odd knots on one lady's shoulder. "Are there still any eggs left unclaimed?" He asked as his face fell into his more comfortable mask.

OOC: May P'dren have egg number two?
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:11 am

The eggs were starting to dwindle in number, and Fali'vas knew that Valeska was getting tired, not because she was happy that her babies were going to good homes - though she would be later - but because she was tired of fighting the process. She was curled up in her nest, her eyes swirling red as she watched the rest of the rocking eggs being handed off one at a time. She didn't hiss anymore, instead crooning a little, more at Mouse and the eggs each as one after another they left her precious care. When I'ent came up for one, Fali'vas received a precious gift from her, when she took her favorite, rolled it towards him, and hopped out to tap his hand. Fali'vas was surprised by this motion, but she looked at the greenrider with a smile. "It would seem that this egg is yours to take. It must be something special if she wants you to have it."

Next came Benifran, who received a croon from Valeska as she returned to her nest but that was it. She curled back up and patted the sand she was resting in, an offering to Mouse to join her. She regarded the handsome hematite with a smile and glanced at her sister who likewise smiled. "This," Finn chuckled. "is interesting to see another queen with her clutch. I'm so used to seeing Belladonna's possessiveness... its how I ended up with Pennyroyal." The dualhandler was presented with an egg by Fali'vas who smiled at him, though she didn't know who he was, and from the look Finn gave him - smiling though uncertain - she didn't know him either.

Finally there was P'dren, who must have been a new rider. He was handsome, Fali'vas decided, though she wasn't sure if he was her type. She regarded him for a moment before glancing at Valeska who was curled up now and waiting on her mate, and reached down to stroke a hand over her pet. "Good day, sir. You must be new to the Weyr, in need of a friend?" Finn placed a hand on her arm and smiled, nodding in his direction as she regarded him before scooping an egg out for him. "Here you are, P'dren." Finn offered the man, the look she offered her sister telling her she would explain later.
Point Moonstone Fancy Flitt
#FFFFFF, #7BAEC0, #062E3C
Perceptive, Meticulous, Cautious
Extra Large Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
I'ent
Garnet Fancy Flitt
#680609, #89121B, #D03F4E
Wise, Resourceful, Decisive
Small Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
Benifran
Blue Fancy Flitt
#1F9494, #03E4E4, #0065AC, #B6D4EA, #24F6FF
Obedient, Energetic, Protective
Small Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
P'dren
LdyPayne

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 am

When I'ent had made his request he hadn't expected the queen fancy flit herself to roll an egg over to him. He looked at the diamond in wonder. When the Pearlrider told him her Fancy Flit must think something was special in the egg for him I'ent mentally thought it likely was the least important of her eggs if she was handing it off to him. Looking at the Diamond however I'ent didn't think she would treat him as anything less.

"Thank you sweet queen," I'ent responded. "I'll take good care of your precious offspring."

<Just remember you're MY Precious and nobody and nothing else gets to call you that,> Shireth reminded him. In truth she was very curious about what sort of Fancy Flit her Precious would get and looked forward to adding to their little family.

Once he carefully picked up the egg, he could feel it was already in the process of hatching. Not wanting to risk losing the gift from the Diamond, I'ent quickly grabbed some meat and moved off to somewhere a little more quiet so he could focus on the hatchling. It didn't take long before the shell started to crack and he carefully placed it on the table, one arm curled around it so it won't roll off. When a opalescent nose poked out I'ent smiled, silently urging the hatchling to keep up in its efforts to escape the egg. Once it was hatched, he offered food, stunned by how beautiful it was.

He continued to feed the hatchling, noticing how white its body is but the tips of her wings a beautiful shimmering blue. Though I'ent didn't know what kind of Fancy Flit it was he'll later learn it was a moonstone point. The colour wasn't all that uncommon but the pattern morph certainly was less so. It didn't matter in the long run for I'ent was just glad to Impress the firelizard. Once he saw rainbows in her eyes he knew she will be loyal to him and a fine companion. She'll never reach the level of importance in his life as Shireth but what firelizard could when it came to a dragonrider's dragon?

Once she was sated and sleeping I'ent knew he would have to figure out a name for her. For now he was at a loss and was just content to have a new pet, one he could train to take messages and be useful in other ways.

OOC: thanks, I love both flits :) so beautiful.
Jovia

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:25 am

Fyrn had made her way into the dining hall for a quick bite to eat, she hadn't really settled in well enough so far into the weyr. Everything was new and different and beyond anything she had ever thought about, so much so she was still far in her shell. Neither had she made much of a splash with the other candidates these scarce few days after her arrival, but neither had she gone out of her way to show off. Alone at a table she finished up her plate while noticing something going on further away on the other side of the hall.

It didn't take her long to notice eggs hatching into intriguing creatures attaching to the people who started to show up around them. They looked a bit odd and far different from a normal fire lizard she had seen at the crafthall. But also it was very alike in very many ways, slowly Fyrn stood up from her seat to sidle closer and peer around people to get a better look. A gentle smile and giggle escaping from her before hunkering her head down wondering if she bothered someone, but it seemed nobody minded? That was another thing to get used to, the weyr while very structured was more freeing in a lot of ways different than hold or craft.

More and more the people had gotten theirs but it seemed two eggs were left behind so far, and nobody was going up or reaching for them.... Would she be allowed? Sparkles almost seemingly sprouted in her eyes as her head rose up and even going on her tiptoes to tilt this way and that to stare. Hem and hawing for a few seconds before making her way forward, clearing her throat with a light cough before speaking up.

"If I may... maybe I could have one? That is if nobody else wants the last one... or two... I don't mind.... If not I understand I don't mean to be a bother." While soft she at least wasn't inaudible, but had reached for the meat to gently try to break up into little bite sized pieces just incase, if anything they still needed to eat without choking no matter who got them. But she did not venture right on top of the mother and two eggs, just merely stood to the side and waited for confirmation. Once she got it, if she did, she would give a gentle smile to the little motherly fancy flitt and scoot closer to the two eggs and settle in wait. Trying to mimic what she had seen from afar earlier of what the others had done.

[hr]

OOC: Would love the last two, 5 and 11 I believe?
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:38 am

It didn't take much, not at all, for Fali'vas to be convinced to give the final two eggs to Fyrn. They were the last two, and she wanted them to go to a good home. Why not have them go to the same person so that they'd have a playmate? She liked that idea, and from the tired croon she gave, Valeska seemed to agree. "Hello there. I think we can give you the final two. Yes. Make sure you give them plenty of meat, but don't overfeed them." She watched them off, then reached for a bit of meat to feed Valeska, who nosed some of it towards Mouse as an offering. ~~Valeska sharing with mate after good hatching.~~
Jasper Fancy Flitt
#B93C00, #FFF69C
Easygoing, Social, Brazen
Medium Sized
(h. Spring 2046)

Green Fancy Flitt
#3B453C, #048919, #1D9854
Sassy, Fun Loving, Insecure
Average Sized
(h. Spring 2046)

ooc: With that, the fancy flitt hatching is over with! Thank you to everyone who participated in this with me. I really sincerely appreciate the wonderful response I've had to the babies and it makes me look forward to being able to do another handout sometime in the future. Enjoy your babies everyone! <3
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 am

:P'dren of Bronze Kheluzath:
As similar as their features were, P’dren hazarded a guess that the ladies in charge were related in some fashion. Nodding at the woman with odd knots the blue eyed man replied, “Recently arrived, yes ma’am. A friend sounds like another step in the right direction.” His tone didn’t give away much but P’dren knew that his words could apply to either the dragonkin variety or even the human sort of friend. A slight look of confusion played across the tall man’s face though as the two ladies interacted with each other without the use of words. What exactly was going on? Had he made a blunder of some sort? He was just about to apologize when the other woman spoke up, offering him an egg and calling him by name.

Now confusion truly reigned over his mind. Had he met this lady before? In a daze the veteran rider took the fragile egg that the Garnet rider offered and felt his lips twitch into a smile. “My thanks ladies. May the day continue to cause a smile to grace your faces,” P’dren offered with a slight nod of his head. Stop trying to influence me, old man, P’dren sent his bronze partner even as the dragon tried to deny the action. I mean it, P’dren growled back as the egg began to move in his hands.

All thoughts of chastising his errant dragon flew out of his head as his focus fell onto the small egg in his large hands. Comically his eyes flew open wide as he remembered that babies of all sizes and shapes were hungry little things when they first come into the world. Scrambling slightly to grab a small bit of meat, P’dren did his best to keep from jostling the egg too much. The second his fingers latched onto a small bit of meat, the egg began to dissolve in his hand. His blue gaze dropped in wonder to the small damp creature now leaning against his chest.

Time seemed to stall as he caught his first glimpse of the firelizard. The blue tones of the creature’s hide tugged at both his memories and his heart-strings. “Nyvan,” The man whispered as his moisture gathered in the corner of his eyes. “Nyvan,” He called out a bit louder as he pulled the tiny blue closer. A squawk left the young fancy flit as the young creature protested the action. The sound brought P’dren back to the world again and the rider chuckled a bit at his mistake. “Sorry little one, I bet you’re hungry,” He commented in a soft tone that belied the reputation the left at Benden Weyr. Careful fingers fed the newly christened Nyvan as the moisture that once filled the rider’s eyes drifted down worn cheeks.
Jovia

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:44 am

Fyrn's neck extended almost like a turtle as it seemed it was alright and the woman even allowed her to take the last two, a smile wide on her face before listening intently. Overfeeding seemed to be a problem for dragons too? She recalled something from a lesson but her mind was torn away as the eggs cracked and broke apart. The two babies within wrestling to get free and get to the meat that was tantalizing them with the aroma. At first the jasper and green acted essentially the same, creeling in hunger and wanting to stuff their gullet to the brim. "Easy you two, easy there is plenty." Fyrn mumbled to them as she carefully gave them little bits of meat to down, slowly and carefully to make sure they didn't choke and didn't engorge too much.

Eyes glistened, widened at the feeling, it was faint at first but slowly she could feel the hunger pains going away. That sensation was swiftly replaced with contentment and other emotions. Several of which she didn't fully understand while holding the two gently in her arms, turning the lower part of her tunic in a makeshift sling to keep them from falling. "Shhh it is alright little ones, there you go easy... easy." A smile spread over her face, gentle and serene, using a finger to rub against the Jasper's headnob, a spare thumb for the green's nose. If these sensations was any indication of what a bond with a Dragon might be like, no wonder so many wished to be riders. Not just that but so many wished for a firelizard of their own, and now she had two beautiful babies of her own. Glancing up at the pearl rider with the gentle smile still on her face and coloring her eyes she gave her thanks, and even gently nodded and gave thanks to the diamond mother who allowed them all to obtain some.

Of course she didn't keep bothering them and found a seat nearby to settle down on. Shifting only slightly to let the sling portion of her shirt settle on her lap to be more stable, sturdy, and hopefully comfortable for the two. Fyrn kept turning her head this way and that to stare at the two now sleeping as she observed them a bit more. Both seemed healthy to her, honestly she would have to learn more quickly about these two beauts in order to take better care of them. One was a reddish orange with brilliant crackles of yellow like lightning, was there an orange or red fire lizard? Obviously it was not a gold nor bronze or brown.

The jasper's hide reminded her much of a gem, not a gem that had no defects but one that had many facets and cracks within it. Beautiful in it's own way, maybe she could find a name from that avenue. As for the little green, she was certain it was a green which would probably be female. Mottled in various hues of green like a forest or moss, maybe a type of plant could be used or something more simple incase she had to call out a plant while healing. Even with these thoughts running through her head she stared down at the two, carefully shifting her body or arms to shield them if they shifted their weight.