Diamonds Brought to Shore ~ Weyr Fancy Flitt Handout

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Marks: 1108.00 [Donate]

Diamonds Brought to Shore ~ Weyr Fancy Flitt Handout

Postby Ember » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:31 pm

The first thing Fali'vas wanted to do was go to Finn's apartment to visit with her, thinking there might be a few minutes before the eggs started to hatch. But as soon as the green landed, she heard Valeska's unmistakable hum and knew there wouldn't be time for that. They were going to hatch, and within a matter of moments if she wasn't mistaken. Recalling where the dining hall was located, the woman slid from the green's back, not realizing how easily she'd ridden on one without a panic, and knowing in that moment that she was well and truly over the loss of the dragon she had once ridden Turns prior. It would hit her later of course, when she was back at the Flotilla among her peers. Right now though she had more pressing concerns on her mind - getting herself and the basket of eggs into the hall, setting up somewhere near the fire, and hopefully getting some meat gathered around before the first baby fancy flitt started to chip free from its shell.

Little did she know that her sister was inside, and once she saw Fali'vas, Finn nearly choked on her klah and stood up at attention. "Fali!" She slipped from her seat and would have moved to hug her, but she saw the panic on her sister's face, noticed the eggs, and decided there would be time for greetings and embraces later. "Right. You set up, calm, breath." Finn had been through numerous hatchings with Belladonna before, and she could help Fali'vas with this one now. "I'll go get the meat. We'll spend time together when all is said and done. And congratulations... we have a lot to catch up on."

Relieved beyond all measure, the pearlrider started to smile and found a warm spot to set up. Already Valeska was starting to hiss as she started to shift the eggs, and tried every measure she could to swat away the hand the normally fed her in order to keep someone from touching her eggs. One landed, sliced her hand, and Fali'vas hissed before clicking her tongue. "That won't do, pet. We can't keep them all and it's better this than having them go wild." Maybe Finn would have some tips on how to handle a possessive queen who didn't want to let her children leave the nest. Once things were all taken care of, and her hand was wrapped up by Finn, she merely had to sit back and wait, knowing it wouldn't take long for the rocking eggs to attract attention and find homes.

Welcome to the handout and hatching of Valeska's first clutch! This is going to be mainly handout focused, but I'll be adding little bits of hatching scenes here and there just to spice things up. Contents of the eggs are all randomized so I don't even know what anyone will get until things are random rolled; it'll be a surprise even for me! When it comes to how many eggs each player will get, I've decided to allow everyone the chance to have two, despite how many there are, on a first come, first serve basis; a character can have two, two characters can have one each, or you're perfectly welcome to just picking out one. If there ends up being more than one or two left over in the end, I'll put out an additional call to see what should happen to those left overs. Below you'll find a list of what's available, and I'll keep it updated regularly so everyone will know what there is to pick, and also to keep up to date on what has hatched from both this thread and the pearlrider hatching thread. I'll do my best to keep this thread going quickly, so no one is left with an unhatched egg for too long. <3

For the pearlriders involved in the handout/hatching, please see the thread, "Diamonds of the Sea".

1. Ruby Fancy Flitt - Shyran (LdyPayne)
2. ? - P'dren (Lanni)
3. Jasper Fancy Flitt - Eri'vas (Slasher)
4. Sunstone Fancy Flitt - Kela'vis (Altreis)
6. ? - Laikanu (Lanni)
7. Iolite Fancy Flitt - Omri'vis (Fawkes)
8. Starburst Fancy Flitt - Cehrazad (Ainokesshou)
9. ? - Benifran (Berry)
10. Reverse Point Hematite Fancy Flitt - Kisle'vis (Parker)
12. Sunstone Fancy Flitt - Shihei
13. Dapple Moonstone Fancy Flitt - Yanna (Zee)
14. ? - I'ent (LdyPayne)
15. Jasper Fancy Flitt - F'laan (Berry)
Last edited by Ember on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
Finn ~◇*◇~ L'van ~◇*◇~ D'kellen ~◇*◇~ Dirce ~◇*◇~ V'ric ~◇*◇~ K'rios ~◇*◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Alastair ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Wykoda ~◇*◇~ Cataren

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

Ainokesshou
Marks: 1476.00 [Donate]

Re: Diamonds Brought to Shore ~ Weyr Fancy Flitt Handout

Postby Ainokesshou » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:18 am

Nahumth had been restless until Cehrazad found the tiny bit of dry skin where her left foreleg rubbed against her belly. The green had not been able to articulate exactly where the discomfort - not an itch, certainly not a crack - was, and her rider spent almost an hour scrupulously oiling every bit of her hide just in case she never found the right spot. It was days like this that the woman was profoundly grateful to ride one of the smaller dragons in the Weyr, she couldn't imagine how exhausted she would be if she'd been oiling every bit of Soquilith's hide, for instance.

She had missed a meal, though, and she was grateful for another thing: there was always food in the DIning Hall.

Today, it wasn't just food. She stopped, amused at the two women setting up to distribute eggs that were already about to go off. She had been thinking about a flitt. One with a dark hide could be especially useful, and she could always pass it off as being useful to send messages, though who outside of this weyr would she send letters to? Her sister was vaguely aware of her existence, and she refused to consider a certain Walled Hold bluerider. Surely, they had already said all they needed to say. Even if she got one with a hide too light to conceal in shadows, people ignored flitts far more than they should.

How do you feel about me getting a flitt, love, she asked for the only other opinion that mattered, and Nahumth considered, drowsy in the sunny spot she had chosen to dry her oiled hide.

A little friend would be acceptable, she declared. It can even sun with me.

Cehrazad smiled in amusement. Her green was good at finding sunny spots to small for most dragons, but then complained when whatever male she currently favored couldn't join her. A flitt could probably sun on top of her comfortable, and give her company in her inconvenient choices of location.

So she approached the table. She was familiar with the garnetrider, and met Finn's eyes as she indicated egg #8. "Is that one spoken for, Wingsecond?" she asked.

Mouse was humming, but Elahrairath wasn't. P'list looked steadily at the dark grey menace. He had obediently kept his dragon from chasing greens, golds, or any other lady that caught his fancy, but his flitt didn't listen half as well. Flitt chases were nowhere near as...enthralling...as dragon flights, of course, but when it was the first of either that he had felt completely, he noticed. Especially when Mouse returned later radiating profound smugness.

The same smugness as now, in fact. Mouse was humming, and he was smug, and P'list was getting alternating images of a diamond flitt and a lot of rocking eggs. "We don't need another flitt," he told the hematite.

He wants to see his eggs hatch, Elah said mildly, and P'list groaned. Yes, that was what he thought Mouse meant, too.

"i'm too young to be a grandfather to a bunch of flitts," he told his pets. But he was already pulling on shoes to head to the dining hall. Mouse was flying ahead, impatient, and when P'list could see the clutch from the other side of the room, Mouse went between to land close to the brooding mother, humming and preening at the same time.

P'list sat a few tables away. "I don't need anymore pets," he said, "but Mouse is excited to see them hatch."

{OOC} and I am absolutely comfortable with Elan'vis' egg hatching as late as possible. I will make his post pretty late, too, trying to give Zee a chance to show up.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth       Folith          Zenith
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask

LdyPayne
Marks: 3630.00 [Donate]

Postby LdyPayne » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 am

Shyran was heading for the dinning cavern to grab something to eat because she was too tired from cleaning Pacaran up after their patrol to make her own meal. Things just weren't the same with Shiravani gone and she hoped some day she would learn where her friend ended up going. For now all she could hope for was wherever Shiravani was, she found some kind of peace after her loss.

The humming of firelizards caught her attention and she spotted a woman she didn't know with one of the Garnetriders. Before them was a basket with eggs and a very protective looking Diamond Fancy Flit watching them closely. Shyran was glad she left her group of Fancy Flits back in her apartment, no need to make the mother flit even more protective.

She saw another rider approach and ask if one of the eggs was spoken for. Deciding the woman wouldn't have brought the eggs here if they were all spoken for, at least Shyran wouldn't have done so. Deciding she would like a new Fancy Flit, especially one that likely didn't carry the same bloodlines as her current fair Shyran approached.

"If the eggs aren't spoken for I would very much like to have one too," Shyran asked then looked at the protective diamond Fancy Flit. "If she doesn't mind me giving a good home to one of her eggs."

ooc: Shyran will take #1. Thanks
----- I'ent -- // ---Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // ---Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // ---Zilelmos Image
Marks Tracker

Ember

Postby Ember » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:42 am

Finn smiled at Cehrazad, glad to see someone approach so quickly. It seemed to soothe Fali'vas at the very least, though it did little to appease Valeska any. "I'm pretty sure it is, but you'll have to ask my sister. The clutch is hers to give away." She turned to Fali'vas, who was trying to soothe the young mother, but she was more than willing to give the egg to the asking greenrider. Gently, she swiped the egg out of the basket before her diamond pet could put up a fuss with her and cradled it as she offered it over to Cehrazad. "Here you are. There's plenty of meat being offered. Feet it as soon as it hatches and you'll have a friend for life."

She suspected Valeska would continue to be a mess the rest of the handout, but she was surprised when the fancy flitt started to calm down, and she looked to see a handsome male settled nearby. Hematite by his coloration, and she wondered if this was the fabled sire that had happened to come about when she'd been sent to the Weyr sevendays prior. "Well now, my dear, you happen to know how to pick them, don't you." Valeska crooned and nuzzled up against Mouse, or as close to him as she could. She wasn't leaving her nest, even if she was happy to see him."[/b]

Thankfully his presence was enough to distract her, so when Shyran appeared and asked for an egg, Fali'vas was able to scoop one up for her as well. "As a matter of fact we're both happy to give you one. I'm glad to know it'll have a good home with you." And she was, and Valeska would be too when sense came about her again. Not knowing that at the Flotilla the first egg had hatched that very moment, she watched as the second and third began to break shell as well, an excited expression on her face as she waited to see the babies that would be revealed from within.

Starburst Fancy Flitt
#271049, #E1E1E1, #C9E0FF
Prim, Food-Picky, Adoring
Large Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
Cehrazad

Ruby Fancy Flitt
#5B0303, #E80006
Romantic, Trickster, Cheerful
Small Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
Shyran
Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Alastair ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Wykoda ~◇*◇~ Cataren

Lanni
Marks: 2462.00 [Donate]

Postby Lanni » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:38 am

-Candidate Laikanurinato

Life has certainly thrown quite a few curves at the former guard trainee. From his fight and following expulsion from Benden to the Impression of his big brother, there had been a lot for Laikanu to swallow. Then there was all the odd things at this new weyr. Just about everywhere he looked there was something that caught his attention or made the young man shake his head in confusion. This particular day was no different. Sure he had seen Firelizards before. He had even watched a few hatch to his friends. What made him do a double take this time the odd twin tails that the hatching babies had.

Curious now, the blue eyed flirt made his way to the table the eggs were occupying. "What's wrong with them?" He asked aloud before he had the sense to stop himself. His eyes flew open wide as he realised his mistake. "I mean... what sort of... well what are they?" He asked before anyone could respond. A girlish giggle caught his ear and the flirt turned to take in a scarred girl with another pair odd creatures on her shoulders. "They're Fancy flits. Kinda like Mavi here but he's a Starlet. Chime is... well we don't know what she is just yet," The bold girl said with a smile. "I'm Halimila. Do you want one too?" The girl asked pointing to the eggs.

Laikanu room in the girl's information with a few slow blinks of his blue eyes. "Laikanu," He offered as he processed the idea of a friend like hers. "And yeah, I think I could use a friend." With a shy smile Halimila looped her good arm through the taller man's and tugged him to the front of the line. "Hi! My friend would like an egg please!" Mila said without waiting for the man to react.

(Just Lai for now! Number six please!)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

LdyPayne
Marks: 3630.00 [Donate]

Postby LdyPayne » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:04 am

Tag Fali'vas and P'list
The arrival of an additional Fancy Flit caught Shyran's attention while Fali'vas was giving an egg to Cehrazad. It didn't take her a second to realize it was the clutch Sire but it did take her a few more to realize she had seen that Fancy Flit before. Before she could look around to see if P'list was near Fali'vas was handing her an egg.

"Thank you," Shyran replied. SHe could feel the vibrations of the egg and knew it was already in the process of hatching. Quickly she took a handful of meat then moved off to find a quiet spot to sit. She spotted P'list sitting nearby and decided she might as well sit with him and let him see one of his pet's offspring come into the world up close.

"Hello P'list, I thought I recognized that Hematite," Shyran greeted. It had been quite awhile since she last talked with the brownrider. "Mind if I sit with you, give you a front row seat to one of your flit's babies hatching."

It wasn't long after she sat at P'list's table her egg cracked and her attention was focused totally on the egg. A few seconds later and a beautiful ruby broke shell and creeled for food. Shyran sent warm welcoming thoughts and fed the little beauty small pieces of meat. By the time the little ruby was sated and curled up in her free hand, Slick and Hot Stuff showed up to see what was happening. They both hummed a greeting to their newest friend then settled on her shoulders to welcome the rest of the clutch.

"Looks like I am the owner of a pretty little Ruby," Shyran said, smiling down at the sleeping Fancy Flit before looking back up at P'list. "Are you hoping to Impress another flit? Oh how rude of me, how have you been P'list? It's been awhile since we last talked."

ooc: Love the fancy Flit, beautiful texture to her. P'list, hope it's alright to assume he'll let Shyran sit with him, if not I can edit easily.
----- I'ent -- // ---Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // ---Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // ---Zilelmos Image
Marks Tracker

Berry
Marks: 3204.00 [Donate]

Postby Berry » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:09 am

F'laan sulked down to the dining caverns, unsure of just why he was there. Was he hungry? Kinda? Maybe? Most of the people he hung out with weren't here... It was more like he was looking for something to do.

I don't know why you bother. Just stand still and trouble will come find you. Towidith spoke up. The dragon was somewhere nearby sunning and watching a class of weyrlings practice.

Oh harr, harr F'laan rolled his eyes even if his dragon couldn't see. It wasn't like he got into trouble all that often. Sure he tripped in the occasional puddle, or walked into drying laundry with a mug of klah but that was different.

It's called being a klutz. It means your a trouble magnet. It's a good thing you have a cute face or you'd end up broke from paying people back for breaking things. Towodith hummed, amused.

F'laan grinned, Awwww, you do love me! A small gathering of people drew his attention. Were those... eggs? Well, well, might be something worth looking into. Riders and 'folk handing out eggs weren't uncommon in the dining cavern considering everyone had to eat at some point. F'laan hadn't been very lucky when it came to hatchings so far but why not try again. These eggs looked a tad different so might even be some sort of variation.

As F'laan moved closer he saw several hatchlings already. Fancy flits, score! The feathery little critters were right adorable and one of his weaknesses. Not that he loved them any more or any of the other variations any less but, c'mon they were so fluffy! He looked at the young woman handing out the eggs and spoke. "Hey there, I don't suppose you'd have one left would you?" F'laan gave the others gathered a friendly smile in greeting as well.

OOC: #15 please!
Marks Tracker

~~~ Image ~~~ Image ~~~

Slasher
Marks: 2529.00 [Donate]

Postby Slasher » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm

Moki came streaking into the Infirmary, her mind uncharacteristically jumbled as she chittered excitedly around Shihei's head. After a few moments, the dragonhealer managed to decipher that there was a clutch of flitters being handed out in the Dining Hall, and the green oddle was insisting Shihei hurry to get one too. "Why now? You've been around many clutches, and never...Oh, all right, I'm going!" The green firelizard had dove repeatedly at the woman's head, even dragging into her hair a little.

Standing, she hurried for the Dining Hall, all the while harassed by her green. Perhaps in her age, Moki was feeling a bit of a biological clock, and wanted a baby around, who knows? Popping her head into the Hall, it was obvious where the excitement was, as a small cluster of people were gathered near the hearth. Wandering over, she glanced, and saw several unmarked pots, possessively being guarded over by a grumpy mother. With a soft chuckle, Shihei ducked around one observer to get closer, "Poor Mother, they're taking all your babies, aren't they?" Her words were obviously directed straight to the little Diamond, "They'll have good homes though. There is much love to give." Moki crooned encouragingly at the fancy-flitt as Shihei glanced towards the Pearlrider.

"Are there any still unclaimed? Apparently, I am behooved to ask." She lifted a hand to nudge the still crooning green on her shoulder.

OOC: I have no preference, surprise me on the #! :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~

Ember

Postby Ember » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm

Fali'vas smiled at Laikanu and Mila, deciding she liked both of them without knowing either of them. She dug into the nest while Valeska was still distracted and selected one of the larger eggs for the girl's friend, handing it over to him carefully. "Here you are, sir." Never mind the fact that she knew by his cords that she outranked him, she knew how to play pleasant with people. "I'm sure your friend here can drill you on what to do next." Before they had even left, someone else approached, a handsome lad from the looks of it, and she offered him a smile as well. "As a matter of fact I do have more left." Another egg, another cautious look towards Valeska as she scooped it up from the basket. She didn't think it would last long though. She was turning back to her eggs and let out a little mourning sound to see so many of them gone just as the egg landed in F'laan's hands. "Best be on with you, lad." She murmured, thankful when Shihei appeared and spoke soothingly to the diamond. Valeska responded in kind, glad someone understood up difficult it was, and she nuzzled in the air towards the dragonhealer and willingly rolled one of her eggs towards her. Valeska giving gift to pretty lady.

Green Fancy Flitt
#05270C, #016E01, #05AA0C
Intelligent, Calculating, Devoted
Large Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
Laikanu

Jasper Fancy Flitt
#673D0F, #B85B11, #E9D85D
Vocal, Impatient, Inquisitive
Small Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
F'laan

Sunstone Fancy Flitt
#F45006, #F6BF05, #FAD904
Gentle, Reserved, Considerate
Medium Sized
(h. Spring 2046)
Shihei

Ainokesshou
Marks: 1476.00 [Donate]

Postby Ainokesshou » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Cehrazad had seen a fair number of fancy flitts while she was in Walled Hold. Some of her customers were quite wealthy, after all, and the ones that were drawn to her were the ones who favored gentler, sweeter affections, a listening ear and a praising voice in combination with the more common physical experiences. So they tended to have cute, attentive pets, and she had seen all kinds. A few customers had even been wealthy enough to have one of the queen colors, and those proud ladies were just as susceptible to cooing praise, tasty treats, and the right kind of touch as their human masters and mistresses.

In all those turns, Cehrazad had never seen a flitt of this color, and as she fed the little baby, she peered closely at the speckled hide. "Well, you look even more like the night sky than Nahumth does," she murmured, "but I have no idea what to expect from you, baby. Are you a clutcher, I wonder?" The little lady was a dainty eater, inspecting each bite even though she was starving from hunger, and Cehrazad couldn't help but be amused. She didn't reject a single piece, but she was dubious about some of the larger bits, and Cehrazad could already tell this was going to be routine.

Tag: Shyran/LdyPayne

P'list smiled ruefully as the day-wher handler sat down. "Yes, Mouse is incredibly proud of himself. I wonder if he's been popping in to visit her since he flew her, since he's been a little harder to find for the past few sevendays." He sent a mock frown at the smug hematite, who at least pretended not to notice. "Hopefully now that the eggs are hatching, he will settle down a bit more."

He smiled along with Shyran when the ruby hatched, and looked around after a moment. There were already several babies, and the variety was stunning. He couldn't help but smile at his proud flitt. "Well, he clearly helps to make pretty babies," he said. "But no, I wasn't planning to get another one. I have enough pets at the moment. Mouse and Jasmine don't require a lot of effort, but I have a blind cat and a three-legged furflit..." He wrinkled his nose. "Actually, Bumble gets around pretty well, the missing leg doesn't affect her flying much. But Fluff...." He shook his head, laughing a bit. "I had to baby-proof my weyr. He's blind but fearless, and I was worried he would walk off a ledge."

He looked again at Shyran's ruby flitt. "He looks like the hot coals in a fireplace at night," he murmured, before looking again at...the jasper, sunstone...wow, that was the prettiest green fancy flitt he had ever seen. And what was that color that looked like a starry night? "Ok, Mouse, I'm impressed, you're good at making babies," he said again, leaning back.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth       Folith          Zenith
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask

Return to “Dining Hall”