Before the Sun Rises ~ { Tag } Open

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:51 am

The first thing he should have done was headed straight for the Weyrwoman's office, or maybe asked where she might be found. Instead, Rath decided he was too hungry to wait, and just hoped she would understand that he needed a bite to eat. He'd spent the night before with the patients he would be leaving, and teaching last minute students that he would not longer be tending to, and that meant skipping out on a meal last night, and a meal this morning while he met with the other dragonkin healers of the Weyr, so to say he was hungry was an actual understatement at this point, he was starving. End of story, not exaggerating, his stomach was on a crash course towards eating itself.

Cain, hyper as always, jumped from one shoulder to the other, into the air then landed, remembering the Weyr and visiting with locations that he recalled. Some had changed since they'd last been here, but for the most part, the blue "reported" that everything he'd "left" in place remained the same. "All in order? Nothing needs to be reported to our leaders? Good, I thought it would be good. Now fly on above and scan the ground. Come back in an hour and tell me if anything has changed from the air." Chirping, the firelizard did that, and Rath shook his head, amused about his friend's behavior as always.

In the dining hall, his footsteps took him not to the food, but to the bar. The bar where he sat down and held up a finger. "Something delicious that will go good with food. And food. Good food." The bartender insisted everything was good and Rath expected it to be, and while Rath waited for his food, which he was assured came straight from the very kitchens that served the rest of the Weyr, Rath turned with his drink and looked around. The rest of his things would be delivered once he sent word that he had a room, so he wasn't worried about them being left outside. Right now, he was more concerned with getting a picture of the people he might be working with in the future.

Next up would be the infirmary, after plenty of food, of course, then he would ask about the Weyrwoman, and from there, he would get to his apartment, unpack, settle in for the day. Tomorrow would be the first full day of complete work and from then on, no breaks, not unless he crashed first or was forced down by the Weyr's leadership. If he had to start working today? Guess where he would be once he finished with the Weyrwoman? His bag and things would be left in his room until later and he would just worry about unpacking during the evening hours when he should be looking over notes after leaving the infirmary and the patients for the night.

The food was brought to him, and he thanked the keep for it, then smiled when another drink was offered. He lifted a brow but nothing was said and Rath wasn't going to argue. Instead, he started to eat, and took bites in between people watching. Well, not so much people watching as it was watching for lizards. How he wouldn't mind getting a closer look at some of them, finding a few that seemed unusual or odd that he just wanted to peer more closely, examine for himself just because of unusual markings or frills. It was a part of his curiosity and his mastery peeking out. He would never change, but that wasn't such a bad thing - he wouldn't have become a Master if it ever had.
LdyPayne

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:37 pm

R'mia had just returned from bathing and oiling Siorbheth and cleaning himself up afterwards. Now that he was once more well groomed and presentable hunger drew him out to seek sustenance. Normally he would cook his own meal but after all the work he had done so far he decided to treat himself. Hopefully he would find some pleasing company to enjoy his meal with.

Scanning the area he didn't find too many people he recognized in the main sitting area but out by the bar he spotted the bulky and tall form of an older gentleman. Despite the grey in his hair he looked in superb shape and oddly familiar. R'mia didn't tend to hang out with older men, not that he didn't find them worth spending time with but more due to just not having many cross his path. The size of his particular man however rang familiar to the Bluerider.

"What do you say Puzzler? Shall we go see who that large man is and satisfy my curiosity on why he looks familiar?" R'mia asked softly to the dark furflit perched on his shoulder. Ever since the Evanorian Gather R'mia had enjoyed caring for his new pets, including the furflit he purchased. The shadow furflit took one look at who R'mia was referring to and gave a little bark before flying off to check out this person.

R'mia gave a silent curse, he should have known his overly curious furflit would immediate fly over and investigate the older man the moment he brought attention to him. Striding over he quickly reached the table hopefully before Puzzler caused any trouble.

Meanwhile Puzzler flew right up to Rathiran and hovered briefly in front of his face before darting off to the other side, as though trying to check out his profile. When he spotted the fancy knots on the man's shoulder Puzzler immediately tried to land on the man's shoulder but R'mia showed up and snatched him out of the air.

"That's enough Puzzler, no need to get into the gentleman's face," R'mia admonished. Puzzler growled then huffed, allowing himself to be held. Once R'mia was certain Puzzler wasn't going to resume where he left off he let him go. Once released Puzzle hopped back up on R'mia's shoulder.

"Sorry about that, Puzzler is a curious sort and often doesn't think how others may not appreciate his curiosity," R'mia explained. Now that he had a better look at the man and saw the Master knots he realized where he had seen this man before. "Weren't you at Atricis up North for a bit? I am sure I saw you there helping out with the injured a few times before I left and the Weyr moved here. I'm R'mia by the way, rider of Siorbheth."

Snuggled along the back of R'mia's neck his pet Gossimir poked his head out from underneath R'mia's collar to look at what was going on. He had long since grown used to Puzzler and the Furflit had been trained not to bother him. It didn't mean it liked the furflit to take too much interest in him, but it was secure in knowing his host (aka R'mia) will see him protected.

ooc: R'mia would have graduated to the fighting wings around the time Rath came to Atricis so possible they crossed paths
Ember

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:57 am

Rath was just about to take a bite of his food when the delightful little Puzzler bounded in front of him. Ah, it was wonderful to interact so up close with the creatures, and he smiled as he set his fork down, ready to speak to it, though his natural curiosity did spike enough to wonder who it belonged to. Shadow from the looks of it, young, probably under a Turn old, very healthy and very well cared for. He was pleased in knowing that. He set about moving his head, ready to make room for the creature on his shoulder, when R'mia appeared and snatched him from the air.

"A creature of a like mind is always appreciated by me." He assured the bluerider, offering his hand as introductions were being made, recalling the name for some reason. It clicked into place and he grinned. "You know, I do believe we may have met, though in brief, before. I never forget a dragon's name, and I remember treating Siorbheth. Light threadscore, left flank. Healed fairly evenly if I recall seeing right? How is he doing by the way?" Then, with a chuckle, "Where are my manners... Master Rathiran, Weyr Dragonhealer, newly branded as such, though if you're feeling especially sassy you may call me Rath."

He was going to say more, truly he was. The words were even on the tip of his tongue. But when he saw the Gossimir peeking out from behind R'mia's neck well... the words just sort of froze though, went back down his throat, and came back out as something else completely. His attention suddenly went from the meal, now growing cold and left to Cain - the blue firelizard, sensing his human was in "study mode" had come to take advantage of the situation - to the creature, and he had to resist the urge to reach out, take, and examine hands on.

"Oh, well now," he said, voice throaty, interest had. "You, good sir, have yourself a new best friend." He placed marks on the bartop to pay for the meal being picked at by his firelizard and nodded towards the Gossimir. "I would very much like to have a chat with you about your little friend there. Would a few drinks be worthy compensation in exchange for your time?" He wasn't going to take from R'mia without giving something in return, that much was certain. "Or would a man such as yourself prefer marks as a form of payment?"

ooc: Now Rath just needs someone to introduce him to basilisks and pearls and I swear his world will be made complete. ;)
LdyPayne

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 pm

R'mia scratched Puzzler behind the ears when the furflit returned to his purch without causing anymore trouble. He adored the creature and likely spoiled him more than he should but R'mia knew he had to train him else he may have lost the tiny odd looking gemlizard he ended up with in the raffle. He still had no idea what it was but heard a few others who had also won one of the tiny eggs at the Gather calling them Gossomirs.

"Ah yes, that would explain why you are familiar," R'mia smiled. "Then again a man your size would be hard to forget regardless. So you recall treating my Siorbheth hmm? He's doing great, in fact he even sired a clutch. He's still strutting about in pride over that. Who'll imagine my blue will be a father."

R'mia grinned when the man introduced himself, including the comment about calling him Rath. "Oh...I prefer to feel charming rather than sassy." R'mia let that hang to see if the Master Dragonhealer was the adventurous sort. It wasn't often R'mia found himself attracted to a much older man but he wouldn't flirt and risk offending the Master if men weren't on his menu.

Puzzler noticed the blue firelizard sneaking the large human's dinner and licked his chops hungrily. Would his pet mind if he joined in? Leaning forward the furflit waited for the right moment before making his move.

It took R'mia a moment to realize which 'friend' the Dragonhealer was interested in. When he clued in R'mia gave a chuckle and took a seat across from the Master. "Drinks are perfectly fine, as long as you don't mind if I eat a meal along with them. I'll pay for the meal of course, no need for you to pay for both."

That said he reached up to carefully extract the odd little creature from his neck. The Gossimir didn't particularly like being brought out of his warm safe place but since he was still on his 'host' he didn't protest to much. Right up till it spotted the blue firelizard. Immediately he started to glow a warning which had R'mia smirking.

"I don't even know what these are officially, there was a Gather at our sister Weyr on Turnover and a vendor was raffling the eggs from two clutches. These came out of a large batch of tiny eggs, I had assumed it was some kind of gemlizard but as you can see...it has wings. They only started appearing about a month or two after it hatched. I named him Shriek...in all honesty I don't even know if it's a male or female. It is more a pet than anything, I don't get any particular sense of connection from it as I heard one would get with firelizards. I feel more from my Furflit here. So you are into pets too?"
Ember

Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:11 pm

If Rath had wanted to, he could have gone on and on about how it was possible for blue's to sire clutches left and right, how they had the ability to do amazing things as fathers, more than people really gave them credit for. But he kept all that to himself, because it didn't seem like the time or place to do so. Besides, they were discussing a single blue, not the entirety of the color range, and he wanted to keep it that way. "I'm not surprised really. He's quite the handsome creature from what I recall. I'm certain it won't be the last time your boy has the chance to pull off a feat as impressive as that."

He continued to smile when R'mia spoke of being charming rather than sassy, and he could respect that. In fact, it drew a rather pleased sound from him as he reached for his glass. "Ah, a fellow man of charm, I like you." Despite not being Weyrbred - he considered himself a bit of a mutt really, having been Holdless to begin with, something he wore with pride now that he was aged - he was a man that enjoyed whatever pleasures he could find, no matter who they were with, without shame. Oh, work always came first, no matter what, but he'd be damned if he didn't enjoy himself during his off hours.

Cain, meanwhile, noticed he had a "friend" joining in, and trilled softly, making room for a fellow sneak-diner. He sent images of them enjoying this meal together, a meal that wasn't technically theirs to enjoy. But his human had ignored it, and would hate for it to go to waste - why let it go cold then if it could be put to some use through feeding of a friend or two?

The drinks would come freely of course, without question, Rath nodded at those. And R'mia's decision to pay for his own meal that wasn't a problem, he decided that too. But he was so eager to see the dragonkin in question he couldn't speak until it was brought closer. There was a temptation to reach out and touch the little gossamer, but he knew better, and this wasn't a life or death situation. His hands remained where they were, and would do so until an invitation was given, or he asked for permission to do otherwise. "I actually specialize in all major and minor dragonkin... except now I'll have to work a little harder, it would seem, with these new beauties in my midst."

He reached for his satchel, the one he'd brought with him until his things arrived later, and one pocket in particular. "I always carry things for note taking. I'm glad I did, because I need to just study for a moment." Gone, for the time being, was the potential for flirtation. R'mia had brought about something else in Rath that had to be quenched before he could focus on anything else - his need to learn. He had to scratch his curious itch before he could do anything else. "If you want to order your drinks while I look at your friend, I'll pay for them once I'm finished."
LdyPayne

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:47 pm

R'mia smiled when the Master stated he liked him. Charm was always such a wonderful thing to have and any person who could appreciate charm was somebody he certainly wanted to get to know better, intimately in fact. "I am sure we will get along just fine, being men who are charming and appreciate charm in others."

The moment Puzzler felt the welcoming images from the firelizard, Puzzler gave a pleased yip and bonded down to join the lizard. He had considered using intimidation tactics to 'claim' the food but why waste energy when there was plenty of food and the lizard was willing to share? Puzzler took a bite of food then gave the lizard a curious sniff, wanting to check out the furless creature a little closer before focusing on food.

Nodding R'mia was glad to learn Rath will be a handy man to know if any of his pets should need medical attention. He hoped none would but always good to have a Healer in mind in emergencies. It also quickly became apartment Shriek just stole the Master's attention.

"She can be skittish, but once she knows you aren't going to try and eat her she won't mind attention. From what I have learned by talking to others, these little creatures get along really well with the larger creatures that vendor was raffling off." R'mia added. He then let the Master take notes and quietly ate his meal before Rath's firelizard and his furflit tried to eat his meal as well. He also ordered another round of drinks, then silently watched the Master at work.

ooc: So sorry about missing this thread. Feel free to give me a PM if I don't respond to a Thread after a few days of an update. I don't know if you want to continue or just wrap it here, but I am willing to do either.