Fight the Feeling or Give in to the Beast ~ { Tag } Parker/Fox, Ao'mek

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Pleased to have his undivided attention, the opal settled next to Tlamehath and decided to listen in to what was going on with her rider for a bit. She had her man for the evening, now she wanted to know whether her rider would see sense and grab hold of her own for the night. From the feeling she was receiving though, it didn't seem as if it was going so well for him, and she grimaced inwardly, sighed even, and she turned to the blue and nuzzled against him. There are times when I don't know what to do about J'on... perhaps you can distract me for a bit while your rider tries to speak some sense to mine? He seems like a very knowledgeable rider.

J'on nodded, feeling some relief from everything after coming out to Ao'mek. He realized then that, Desdomondyth aside, the bluerider was the first person he'd come to and said outright "I like men" to. Though he supposed, from the feeling of things, it had been obvious if he knew about his attraction to Fox. He flushed again and rubbed the back of his neck. "Is it... is it really that obvious? How I feel about Fox?" He glanced towards him, saw K'rios looking his way, and quickly turned away. "I don't... I don't think I can be... I don't know, Ao'mek. I just don't know. It's all so deep here," he tapped his temple. "I'm not trying to be frustrating, I just can't get it out of me. I'm trying, but every time I'm alone with him, or think about being alone with him, I panic."
K'rios wasn't really sure what to say at that point, mainly because he'd never really had an issue with relationships. He'd always had the opposite issue. How was he supposed to tell Fox "Just go for him" when it was apparent that he didn't want to go through the methods that K'rios himself would usually employ? He scratched his chin, and lifted his shoulders. "At this point, I'm not sue what you can do, but I can tell that you really care about him. Being patient at this point is the only thing I can recommend. I mean, you wouldn't do any of the shit that I would do - sneaky things, try and get him jealous, try and push him towards you, things like that. I'm almost positive, in fact, that you wouldn't take moves like that. So I'm just going to say this again - you're either going to have to take drastic measures, take a step forward and grab the bull by the horns, or just continue to wait for him. Because I'm going to let you in on a little secret, Fox. Something everyone in the Wing already knows." He leaned in close, glanced in J'on's direction and smirked when the opalrider was caught glancing Fox's way. When he darted away, he continued. "We all know that he has the hots for you. Whether he admits it to you now or not, don't give up. He likes you, there's always going to be a chance for you."
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:40 am

Tlamehath was more than happy to distract the opal in whatever way he could, while also assuring her that his rider was one of the kindest and caring of men on the planet, so her rider was in good hands. He decided to share with her the joy and amusement of people watching and began to point out different ones coming and going from the pavilion or their apartments.

Ao'mek couldn't help but give a small chuckle and pat J'on on the back. "Yeah, sweetie...I'm afraid it is very obvious. The fact that it is obvious is very adorable though. I think most of us in the wing that do find men attractive have gone through a period of crushing on Fox at one level or another, so we get it. The only difference is...he's never returned that same look to us...except to you." He hoped that the fact most of the wing could see the attraction as plain as the nose on his face and no one had ridiculed or looked down on him for it would give J'on some encouragement. "You don't have to be alone with him...not until you're comfortable. If you want to become comfortable that is. Maybe..." Ao'mek pondered for a second. "What if you spent more time with couples that were both men? Do you think maybe if you see it more often, see how accepted and beautiful it is, it might help you to accept your own preferences better?" J'on was so reclusive Ao'mek had no idea what friends outside of the wing he had...if any.
Fox shook his head. "You're right, I would not stoop down to your level of getting lovers like that. Now we know why you are single." He said, partly teasing and partly not. Manipulation was not a good way to start a relationship. The mention of taking drastic measures made his heart beat faster in his chest. If he did that and it back fired....he didn't even want to think about that, but then again...it might pay off. He wasn't so dumb to think that going up and just stealing a kiss from J'on was a good idea. That would be a wreck he was sure. Maybe he should just ask J'on out. While he was thinking, K'rios caught his attention with what he said next. Fox leaned forward. "You all think so? Because I have been fairly sure that this attraction isn't one sided, but I've never been able to get him to admit to me that it isn't." Again he ran his hand through his hair and sighed again. "Maybe I should just...go for it...ask him out...see what happens."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:01 am

That was a possibility. The problem was that J'on didn't really know anyone outside of the Wing. He'd been avoiding folks outside of the Wing, really anyone outside of his apartment for so long. He didn't even think he knew anyone inside of his apartment block really, not even his neighbors. He liked the idea though, he had to admit that much at least, and he grabbed hold of his mug to keep himself from fidgeting. "I don't know anyone, but I think I might like to try that idea, if only to... try it. I just wouldn't want them to think I'm rude for staring, or acting uncomfortable. Because I've never been around couples that were men." But that much was obvious. "Up until coming to the Weyr, I've never been around any couples that were men. I mean... when I was at Crom, I'd heard of men being together, but never saw it." Well, that wasn't true. "I mean, I saw it, but they were sneaky about it."

He drank, because his throat was dry, because he needed something to dampen his mouth before the words became trapped on his teeth. He didn't even know if he was making sense, even though it did make sense to him. "I suppose I probably should try, get myself ready for when... oh Faranth, Des goes up for the first time." He swallowed, knowing that event was going to happen soon enough. Some of his classmates, their girls had already gone up, and it was only a matter of time before she went up as well. There had been days as of late when he could have sworn she was giving off proddy signals, but thankfully it was just him. One of these days though, it wouldn't be just him - one of these days, it would be the actual thing - but far as he knew, he had choices? He could lock himself away?

Of course, he knew that, he'd learned it earlier, during training, but he'd sort of locked some of that info out, recalling how much some of it had made him flush and sent him in a panic. It hadn't been that much of a big deal for most of the class, but for him, it had been damn near impossible to get through. Fuck, he hadn't been able to sleep that night. "Thank you for chatting with me tonight. For talking me through some of this. I'm going to take a while with some of it, I think. I just have so many issues to comb through, so much I still have to face. Some of it I might not be able to. Some of it..." He glanced at Fox again, wanted so much to be able to go to him, the look on his face definitely one of longing. "You mean it though?" He tried to ask nonchalant, but it was obvious that he was interested in knowing. "He's never returned attention to anyone in the Wing before?"

K'rios' eyes narrowed at that, even if the corner of his mouth curved in a slight grin. "I'll have you know I have a healthy set of morals, Fox. I don't manipulate, I happen to give choice. If someone doesn't want my advances, I back the fuck away. I don't force, I know how to treat my partners like a gentleman should. Now, if I know they like to be twisted and pulled, I happen to offer that service, and sometimes I'm paid for it, but that's another story for another day, and we're not here to discuss my bedtime sports, we're here to discuss you and your man, so let's keep it to that." He was, at least, thankful that what he'd said previously had given Fox and idea, and he grinned, knowing his bravado talk would have loosened something in his friend's mind. Some of it melted away and he allowed himself to relax a little.

"There we go. I knew it would come to you." He clasped Fox on the shoulder and reached into his pocket for a flask. "Some of the good stuff, from my father's reserves. He doesn't know I was riffling through his liquor cabinet earlier, so appreciate what I'm giving you now. It's a gift form the Weyrleader so enjoy." He offered it and smiled. "Go straight for it, ask him out, whatever happens happens and whatever he says will give you a clue into how he feels. I guarantee he likes you just as much as you like him, and he's going to give you some kind of hint as to whether or not you should continue."
Dirce ~◇~ Finn ~◇~ L'van~◇~ D'kellen ~◇~ D'ante ~◇~ V'ric ~◇~ Na'vi ~◇~ K'rios ~◇~ J'on

Joss ~◇~ Fali'vas ~◇~ Koda'vis ~◇~ Cataren ~◇~ Feraliss ~◇~ Rathiran ~◇~ Alastair ~◇~ Melangell

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:45 pm

An idea began to form in Ao'mek's head then. Hopefully something that would help J'on out. The man seemed rather shy and timid, so the thought of him going and actively finding a couple that was both male seemed a bit much. Ao'mek had an idea that might help him out. Tlamehath, can you relay a message for me to K'rios? He asked his dragon politely. The bluerider had the sneaky suspicion that the pewterrider was speaking to Fox about his feelings for J'on. That was his theory anyways. Of course, what would you like me to tell him? The blue asked curiously. Tell him that he needs to play along with me. It'll hopefully help J'on out. Ao'mek explained simply. K'rios. My rider wanted me to tell you to play along with him with what he is about to do. He says it will benefit J'on. Ao'mek then waited to say anything to J'on until he heard back from K'rios.

"Hey, don't fret about it man. You can keep your door locked until such a time as you don't want to anymore. Or if you'll always want to keep your door shut, you can do that too. It's up to you here." Ao'mek assured him with a clap on the shoulder. "And a lot of females won't rise until their rider is really ready for them too, so you don't have to worry about it." He hoped that his words were encouraging enough for the young rider. He remembered his first flight, but he had been looking forward to it. He'd never been the shy sort, so he really couldn't tell how J'on felt. All he knew was that he wanted to be able to help him if he could. Plus, who didn't want to see a cute couple get together? "Anytime you need to talk, I am all ears. I think you and Fox would be adorable together, but more importantly, I think you'd make each other happy."

"However, there is one thing I can do more for you." Ao'mek said and then turned his attention to K'rios and Fox who was on the other side of the table and down a bit. "Hey K'rios! Come here." He said and then waited for the man to come join them. "Hey, I was wondering, since your single and I'm single, we should go out. What do you say?" His brown eyes shifted from K'rios to J'on and hoped that the pewterrider would get that he was doing this for J'on's sake. If K'rios agreed, then J'on would have two friends that were both men in a relationship, and he knew it wasn't a serious thing, but hopefully seeing it would help him to accept it.
Fox chuckled and shook his head. "I should not be surprised that a charming bastard like you have gotten paid for his services." He stated, fully teasing his friend. K'rios was likely a little more loose and free with who he slept with. Fox had had one night stands before, but they were very few and far between. He certainly had never been paid for services rendered. However, for all he was laid-back and a prankster, Fox did understand liking things a little more rough in bed. Only if who he was with enjoyed it too, of course.

Fox was about ready to get up and go over to ask J'on out when he heard K'rios's name being called by one of their other wingmates, Ao'mek, who was currently talking to J'on. Fox watched as K'rios moved over to them and decided what the hell...he might as well join them. He got up and followed K'rios. His brown eyes widened in surprise as Ao'mek, point blank, asked K'rios if he wanted to go out. Fox was smart enough to realize that something was happening, but he wasn't sure what. Still, he could see an opportunity when it presented itself. "Hey, here's an idea. How about the four of us go to dinner sometime? It could be a..." He paused for a second as he drew the word out. "...a double date." There, he'd said it and now he waited in terror for whatever was to come next.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:00 am

That was a relief, that he could keep his door shut or even locked, that better yet his dragon might not even rise if he wasn't ready for it either. J'on felt such an immense relief from the bluerider's words that he relaxed against Ao'mek for a moment before realizing what he was doing. He patted his new friend before sitting up, glad to have someone in his life he could turn to with confidence if needed. But he knew who he would turn to before, who would get his words before. He just couldn't look at the man because he knew he would start smiling, and that just wouldn't do, not now at least, especially not with Ao'mek's next words.

Inside he felt immense pride, thinking that they would look adorable together, but where once there was denial and fear over two men being together, there was nothing but... confusion. He couldn't swim through it, didn't understand it, and he wasn't sure what to do about it. He wasn't confused about two men, no, that wasn't it at all. He was simply confused about how he felt towards Fox, confused that it still felt as though they couldn't be together. He looked so forlorn for a moment that he had to turn away, and so it escaped him what was going on between blue and pewter riders.
K'rios looked up from his conversation with Fox when he heard his name, and a soft smirk crossed his face when he saw Ao'mek and J'on. He had no idea what was going on, but he did hear a voice, and he gave a subtle nod in Ao'mek's direction to show he heard and understood. Standing, he went to the bluerider's side, heard his question, and while he felt surprised, it wasn't an altogether unpleasant thing. It wasn't like he was looking for anything serious - far from it in fact - but it would all be about fun, and he would let Ao'mek know just how much fun he could expect if he wanted to make if he wanted to take this up a notch.

"Hey, you know what, sure. I could use a little bit of fun in between classes and practice." He clasped the bluerider on the back of the neck, let his fingers linger there on the skin in a teasing manner for a moment before lifting his hand away to grin over at Fox as he joined them. His eyes immediately went to J'on, who sat there like a newly hatched dragon uncertain of where to go next. He was curious what the opalrider what would do or say next, simply because he - like the rest of the Wing - were eager to see what would happen, and if he wasn't mistaken, more members of the Wing were watching, some more subtle than others, to see what would happen next.

But as surprised as he had been, J'on gave his head a little nod, and tried to plaster a smile on his face. Whatever he was thinking or feeling in that moment, he was wearing a rather marvelous poker face to hide it underneath. "That would be nice, actually." Inside, he was worried... well, maybe not worried. Just stressing over the matter. What if he was making the wrong decision? What was he going to say to Fox? No... he knew what he was going to say - he was going to tell Fox what couldn't happen between them. But for now... for now he was going to enjoy this time in the other man's company. Maybe just this once, there would be a bright spot between them before he pushed him away for a final time.

― Don Roff ―