Fight the Feeling or Give in to the Beast ~ { Tag } Parker/Fox, Ao'mek

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Marks: 1108.00 [Donate]

Fight the Feeling or Give in to the Beast ~ { Tag } Parker/Fox, Ao'mek

Postby Ember » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Note: This has been fuzzy timed to take place in the first part of Spring.

It was kind of nice, being part of a Wing now, though J'on decided. There were times when he wanted to pull away and hide himself, but whenever he tried doing that, someone would inevitably find him and drag him back into the fold, ensuring he had no way to escape. Of course, they were all fantastic, and if he got too uncomfortable, would allow him to leave. But ever since being tapped a sevenday or so ago, things had been smoothing out. Drills were good, Fall, the one or two he'd flown so far, had been good, and he was finding it easier to bear.

Everything else though?

No, that wasn't becoming easier.

He was still fighting with himself, because the feelings for Fox had grown ever more intense, and it didn't help that he'd been tapped into White Dawn, the same Wing that the older man flew for. At least you admit now that there are feelings for him there. That wasn't a completely good thing though. Yes, he could admit to it to himself, but he couldn't to Fox. Nor to anyone else. Just thinking about the impossibility of it all made his heart ache and he looked down in his glass of wine, the third of the night - this one watered down - and frowned. You don't deserve to be sad. He can make you happy.

He finished off his drink in one breath and reached for an ale next, while G'len, one of their Wingmates, started to tell a joke. I don't want to talk about this anymore. Or think about it. Take the thoughts away, please. Otherwise I'm just going to keep drinking until I forget about it. That was one of the bad things about being graduated - now he could drink whenever he wanted, now he could turn to drink to numb it all. It wouldn't be the first time he turned to it to take away his thoughts, it wouldn't be the last time.

K'rios was used to dealing with candidates, so very little escaped his notice. One of the things that he'd managed to catch was the way Fox looked at the new kid to the Wing, and how the new kid looked at Fox. The way they interacted, when they happened to be around one another, made it more than obvious that something was going on between them, even if the two of them weren't aware of it. He smirked behind his mug of ale, and shifted his gaze from one Wingmate telling a joke to Fox, sat next to him and sure enough, the bronzerider was trying to be subtle about the way he was glancing in the opalrider's direction.

Subtle my ass. He told Iktomith, who had no intention of listening. He was more interested in being curled around a new green transfer, who seemed more than willing to let the new and strange dragon color show her around and comfort her nerves. He chuckled mentally and left him to it before leaning back in his chair and sipping from his drink, then reaching over to snatch away the strong drink he knew Fox was drinking, but that didn't even seem to grab the man's attention. "Huh..." Strange. Or not so much. Well, he wasn't wrong then, about what he'd noticed the last few days, because today wasn't the only one when he'd caught something going on.

He waved a hand in front of Fox's face and snapped his fingers. There, that should have his Wingmate's attention, and he smiled pleasantly enough when he knew he was sure to have it. "Okay, so I know G'len's joke isn't that funny." He sat there sipping Fox's drink innocently enough, then he thought of something, and his grin widened. Oh, he knew of a way to get Fox to admit it, and he just had to do it. It was something Niz would smack him for, but it was something he couldn't help but do. "So, when are you going to get off your laurels and ask the new kid out? Because if you weren't..." He smiled sweetly and sipped again, having absolutely no intention of doing so at all.
Finn ~◇*◇~ L'van ~◇*◇~ D'kellen ~◇*◇~ Dirce ~◇*◇~ V'ric ~◇*◇~ K'rios ~◇*◇~ J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Alastair ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Wykoda ~◇*◇~ Cataren

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

Parker
Marks: 4390.00 [Donate]

Re: Fight the Feeling or Give in to the Beast ~ { Tag } Parker/Fox, Ao'mek

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:17 am

Drills had gone very well that day. That always put everyone in a good mood and for a man like Ao'mek that never seemed to be in a bad mood, he was in an over the top mood. As per usual, the entire wing went to the dining hall for food and drinks to enjoy a leisurely evening with comrades and good conversation. Besides a few of the riders that had other plans or weyrmates to go home to, most of the wing sat at one of the long tables in the hall. They weren't the rowdiest bunch, but they weren't super quiet either.

Ao'mek found himself sitting next to one of their newest wingmates, Opalrider J'on. From the first day they'd met he'd liked the young man, then again there wasn't many people he didn't like, but he could tell that he was rather reclusive. Ao'mek, being a firm believer that all people should have as many friends as possible, had made sure to try and include him in on everything that happened outside of drills and Falls. J'on had seemed to open up a little bit more than when he'd first joined their ranks, but it was obvious he was still rather shielded. Well...except for one thing.

It was almost painfully obvious the lad had a crush on one of their bronzeriding wingmates, Fox. The way he stared at the bronzerider when he thought no one was looking said it all. Not to mention the way the two interacted when around each other. J'on was smitten, there was no ifs, ands, or buts about it. In fact, he wasn't the only one to notice it. In fact, a lot of them in the wing had noticed and couldn't help but be amused at how oblivious, or stubborn, the two them was being.

Ao'mek was at a point he wanted to throttle both of them for their stupidity, but he didn't. However, this evening he found an opening to broach the subject carefully. When J'on reached for an ale he intercepted. "Please, allow me J'on. You and Desdomondyth did a damn good job in the air today." He said as he poured him more ale. "That one maneuver Fox did was quite impressive, don't you think? Then again...he's a pretty astounding guy anyways, am I right."

The last two months had been....well, he was sure it was something out of a cheesy romance novel. Ever since he'd first met J'on he'd not been able to stop thinking about him. While that sort of feeling was not new to him, the fact that he was feeling them for a man was. However, once he had acknowledged what those feelings were it hadn't taken him long to accept them. Being weyrbred such feelings didn't bother him, it was simply that he'd never felt them before. Apparently there was something about J'on that was different. Well, whatever he was selling Fox wanted nothing more than to buy all of it. There was one issue with that though....J'on obviously didn't want the same thing.

It was frustrating. Fox was positive that the attraction was mutual, but everytime in the last two months that he had tried to flirt a little or broach the subject of dating, J'on had clammed up and ran off. After that had happened several times, Fox had given up on doing anything more than just being a friend. J'on, though, did not seem keen on spending much time alone with him, so most of their time together was spent doing things with the wing. That he was grateful for at least, that J'on had been put in the wing with him. Those times was all he had and he took them when he could get them, but it was obvious in glances given, like the one he was staring at J'on now, that he wished for more.

The wave of a snapping hand in front of his face did catch his attention, but only barely. Fox didn't hear the first thing his friend K'rios had said as he was too busy to try and act like he hadn't been staring at their fellow wingmate. It wasn't until he heard the next thing K'rios said that he gave him his full attention and realized that the pewterrider was drinking his whisky. "The fuck, man. Get your own drink." He said as he snagged his glass back. "What are you talking about?" He asked, trying to play dumb.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Ember

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:57 am

J'on didn't want to answer Ao'mek completely. Oh, he wanted to take credit on Des' behalf of course, because she had done a fine job during drills and he was damn proud of her for the work she'd done. The rest of what the bluerider had said though? Well, the opalrider wondered if there was a way to inch around any of it without being too obvious about what he was doing, but in the end decided he didn't have the guts to do it right now. He'd stutter all through his words, and make it more than clear he was trying to hide something.

Because even now he was having a difficult time fighting to keep from looking over at Fox, who out of the corner of his eye he could see speaking to another member of their wing. He didn't know the two of them had been obvious to one another during their few sevendays of flying together, but he was certain that he'd been careful about the looks that he'd given the bronzerider. He'd tried so hard to hide his desire for him, all while trying to fight it, and not fight it at the same time.

But Ao'mek was waiting for a response, and J'on felt like he needed to say something. So he started with his dragon. "Thank you. She did a fine job, my girl. I'm happy with how good we've been doing so far." There, that was done, and not in the hurried voice he'd feared originally. He couldn't be so lucky with the rest of what was said, however. His cheeks started to burn bright and he had to look away, but oh fuck, he knew the other man had seen him, there was no hiding from Ao'mek when he'd gone as red as ripe fruit right in front of Ao'mek.

"Yeah, Fox is..." Great, wonderful, handsome, sexy, amazing... "He's alright, I suppose." He dared to glance in the bronzerider's direction, saw him still in conversation with the Candidatemaster's Assistant, and quickly turned away again before the look could be seen.

Smirking, K'rios leaned back again, this time with his own drink in hand. It wasn't exactly kind of him, what he was going to say, but it might prod Fox in the right direction. Might, because it could also backfire and he knew that too. Then again, perhaps he knew exactly what he was doing and was just enjoying being a little shit to his friend, because he had a habit of doing that to the people he loved, either to get a rise out of them, or to get their asses moving in the most unconventional of ways. "You know, the new kid. How you've pretty much been fucking him with your eyes every time you look at him. Figure you'd want to wine and dine him first. But I mean, if you're not interested, maybe I'll go ahead and ask him out myself..." He shifted again, maybe a little further away just in case, and took a long pull from his mug.
Saibra ~◇*◇~ Joss ~◇*◇~ Rathiran ~◇*◇~ Alastair ~◇*◇~ Fali'vas ~◇*◇~ Wykoda ~◇*◇~ Cataren

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 am

Ao'mek wasn't surprised at all that J'on delegated all of the praise to his lovely little opal. The man did not seem the sort to accept praise easily. Which was good as it didn't make him a braggart, but the man should know that he too was a good rider. A friendly clap to the shoulder was given to the dark haired man. "Don't sell yourself short, brother. Takes both rider and dragon to do a good job in drills and Falls. Your girl is something though. My Tlamehath thinks so too." The blue thought the mottled opal was the prettiest thing to join their wing in quite some time.

The way J'on turned red at the mention of Fox was far too noticeable. Ao'mek bet people on the other side of the dining hall could see his face turn red. This just made what he already knew even more enforced. He had to give props to the man for managing to say something very neutral about Fox, even if the look he gave the bronzerider betrayed the nonchalance he was trying to portray. "Just alright?" Ao'mek asked dubiously with a raised eyebrow. "If you ask me he's a little more than alright. He's friendly, funny, intelligent....no one could say he is hard to look at." Again he tried this tactic before he outright called J'on out on his crush, but if the man continued to play nonchalant then he would call him out.

Fox took a sip of his drink as he scowled at his friend. He assumed the man had drank more than what he really had, but the fact was that he'd been subconsciously sipping on it while stealing looks at J'on. K'rios's statement made him shake his head and sigh heavily. "That is wildly inappropriate. I have not been fucking him with my eyes. We're friends, K'rios. Just friends." He stated, though there was hardly any conviction in his voice. He took another sip of his whisky as he stole a peek at J'on and saw him speaking with one of the blueriders in their wing. "You can try and ask him out, but you're going to waste your time, I'm telling you." That wasn't entirely untrue, but a part of him was certainly displeased with the idea of K'rios asking him out. Not because K'rios was a bad guy....well, most of the time when he wasn't being an ass like now...but because he was jealous of the idea of anyone going out with J'on. "Besides, when have you ever cared about who I do and don't ask out? I tried to get your opinion of that one woman...what was her name...Kathleen...before I asked her out and you told me you had no opinion. What's with all the opinions now?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

That seemed to please Des, who hummed happily to herself for a moment before letting off a soft purr and looking in Tlamehath's direction. She would flirt with him coyly before seeing if he wished to join her on the pavilion she was currently perched upon, but she would make sure he understood she was no easy little flower - she was an elegant rose, one that needed to be praised before she could be won over. "I think she likes that. No... I know she likes it. But she enjoys the attention of a handsome male."

Just as you like the attention of your handsome man, even if you don't wish to admit that he's yours yet.

That's because he isn't mine, he-

Desdomondyth sighed and looked for Tlamehath instead, finding the blue easily enough. She decided she was elegant enough without playing games and flared her mottled wings before curling them against her back. How would you like to spend your time with the prettiest thing in the wing tonight, you handsome blue thing, you? Then to her rider, to her rider alone, she said in a softer tone, See how easy that was? The worst he can do is say no, but we know he won't because I'm precious.

J'on almost choked on his ale, but managed to hold the drink down and instead focused on what Ao'mek was saying. He would have rather choked. Maybe then he would have had an excuse to escape the hall for the night, perhaps even found reason to hide in the infirmary for a while. But then he would have been cornered, maybe even by Fox, out of concern by wingmates who wanted to make sure he was okay. So this was for the better then, no matter what he insisted on telling himself.

Having a sneaking suspicion about what Ao'mek was starting to get at though... He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Look, I know what you're doing, and I appreciate whatever it is you're trying to do. Yeah, Fox is..." Just admit it at least... He set his jaw, and decided on that at least. "You're right. He's amazing, okay? He's all those things and more. But nothing can come of it, okay? Just please, Ao'mek, trust me on that. It can't happen, ever."

"Sure, just friends, and I'm a born again celibate." He rolled his eyes and poured himself more ale, wishing he'd had some more of that whisky, though he'd only managed to steal a taste or two of it before Fox had taken it back from him. He knew what he'd seen, and it was very clear, as it was to pretty much the entire Wing. "Why didn't I have an opinion of Kathleen? Because even I could see that there was nothing there. Absolutely nothing. But I know moon eyes when I see them, and there as apparent as the two that hang now in the sky. So either you get off your ass and do something about how you feel for that kid, or I'll ask him out myself, and trust me, I'm running a good average when it comes to bedding them, so you'd better not try my luck, Fox."

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Tlamehath was resting towards the edge of the pavilion so he could do one of his favorite things...people watch. He found it amusing what people would do when they didn't think anyone noticed. His head was rested on his forearms as he watched, his tail lightly swishing on the ground in happiness. That swishing turned into happy thumping when he was approached by Desdomondyth. He immediately stood to his feet to be proper before dipping a head to her. I would consider myself the luckiest dragon in all of Pern to have you company this evening, lovely Desdomondyth. He stated happily as he scooted over to give her room to lay down next to him if she wanted. The blue crooned with excitement, a feeling that washed over to his rider. Ao'mek couldn't help but chuckle. "Your girl has just made my blue's night...more like week probably."

Good, J'on wasn't so thick to not get where he was going with this. However, the smile on his face fell when J'on declared that nothing between them could never happen ever. "Why not?" Was his immediate question despite the fact the opalrider told him to trust him about it. "You're single, as far as I know he is. It's obvious the two of you are attracted to each other. I haven't felt so much sexual tension between two people since....since...since I helped Bluerider R'mia move into his new apartment." That was a fond memory. "Just like my boy couldn't resist the company of your lovely girl, I doubt Fox would deny yours."

If Fox wasn't so annoyed he would have snorted at K'rios's comment, but at the moment he wasn't amused in the slightest. Shards, he could barely even look at his friend, so instead he stared into his whisky. He didn't argue with his reasoning on Kathleen. She was a pretty girl, but even he knew there was nothing there more than the convience of a little physical fun. That relationship had lasted no more than a month. Fox filled his glass a little more and then slid it over to K'rios. If he was looking at J'on like he wanted him, then the pewterrider was given the same look to his whisky. At least one of them should get what they want. "Look man, it's not that simple. Otherwise I would have asked him out by now. Trust me...not even you with all your charming good looks would win favors with him."

Ember

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:04 pm

Des, quite happily, curled up next to the blue, deciding she was more than happy and content to spend her night with him if he was willing. What a lucky girl she was, finding someone so handsome to share his wing with her. How she had become so lucky, she would never know, but then again, she wasn't going to argue. Mmm, if you want me to leave at anytime, handsome, I will. But if you're as content as I am, you may very well be stuck with me for the night. No reason to disturb a perfect union for the evening now, is there? Perhaps if she showed her rider just how happy one could be with the handsomest thing in their wing, he would get the hint and follow suit, because he really did deserve the same level of enjoyment from his own version of handsome.

Knowing that someone was just made happy by Des did not surprise J'on in the slightest. She made him happy pretty much everyday. He grinned and lifted his glass slightly, then took a sip from it. "Anytime your boy needs a little boost, I'm sure she'd be happy to oblige him. She's still too young to have her favorites, but that may have well changed tonight with your boy being her first." The joy didn't last long, however, as other reminders kept poking at his brain and in the physical world itself.

"It just... isn't that simple, Ao'mek. As much as I'd like to explain it, I don't know if I can, and I don't know how." He looked over at Fox again, wanting more than anything to. But maybe it was more simple than he was making it out to be. Maybe he was just complicating matters for himself. He didn't know, he'd never been in a situation like this. He bit down on his lip and took another drink, this one longer, this one a little less satisfying than the last. "When you're Holdborn, nothing really makes sense. When you're told, more or less from birth, that emotions don't have a place in the world... it kind of fucks you up from the start."

You just opened up! But J'on didn't reply, because he hadn't meant to let all of that slip out, and now there was no way to take it all back.

K'rios didn't believe that for a second. He took the whisky shot over his way and started to stand. "You think it isn't that simple? Then you won't mind if I go over there and say something to him right now myself? He threw back the drink before setting the glass down, knowing full well he didn't intend to say a single word to the opalrider. But what Fox didn't know... "Here's your chance to fess up my friend. It's for your own good really. Everyone in the Wing can see it so you aren't fooling anyone. Then again, if you want to explain why it isn't so simple..." He started to move away from his chair, proving that he was more than willing to show Fox that he was going to make good on his "thread" to move forward with his intentions to go over to J'on.

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:14 pm

Tlamehath raised up one of his wings and waited for her to curl up next to him before he covered her with it. The blue was practically purring with happiness that she was showing him such attention. He wasn't the most randy of blues, so he didn't chase every female that rose and when he did chase he didn't always win, so he truly appreciated recieving the attention of a lovely thing like Desdomondyth, even if she was still a maiden. I wouldn't dream of leaving. I am very happy to have your company for as long as you'll let me. He assured her as he lightly nuzzled against her.

Ao'mek scooted forward a little to show that he was listening and intently curious. He also wanted to help, if he could. "Well, try to...I might be able to help." He encouraged the handsome man. Yes, he was handsome, even Ao'mek thought that...but how could he or anyone ever dream of trying to ask him out when he was so obviously infatuated with another. Ao'mek was about ready to give him the puppy eyes, something he'd been told no one could resist, when finally he opened up a little more. "That would fuck anyone up. Emotions run the world....every thing mankind has ever done has been because of emotions and feelings. We're not just animals trying to survive here." He said with passion. "I'm Walled bred, so I get it. Men are raised to think little more of themselves than property. If we do make something of ourselves it's through hard work and tears. And it's also because we don't listen to what most of society tells us to do. We follow our hearts and in the end...we're better for it."

"It is that simple and that complicated. K'rios, you just don't get it." Fox said in a voice that pleaded with his friend to just understand. "No, don't, K'rios..." He began but the pewterrider was determined to turn this evening into a nightmare for him. When the man began to move towards J'on he grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled him back. "Look, I'm not denying anything, alright. Yes, I am attracted to him, okay? And it's not....it's not that I've never been attracted to a man before that's holding me back. I'm just..." Fox ran a hand through his long bangs. "I'm afraid of scaring him off. He's traditional holdbred and the few times I've even barely eluded to the obvious tension between us he runs off and clams up. Do you get it now?"

Ember

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:45 pm

The opal was so happy with this situation. Even if her rider wasn't in the situation to have companionship like he'd like, she wasn't going to let that stop her from having something she wanted. She relaxed against Tlamehath and crooned. He was so warm and soft, and so large against her tiny form, she twisted her tail around his, somehow knowing a male would like that, or maybe she'd seen one of the older females doing that and figured that he might like it as well. You're far too sweet and kind. You will have to ensure you fly when I rise for the first time, though don't let me discuss that matter around J'on. The idea sends his nerves on fire.

In what Ao'mek said, J'on thought of the words Fox had told him the first and last time they had been alone with one another. They rang true with one another, and he couldn't help but find similarities between the two sets. He felt his heart hammer in his chest, and wanted so much to believe that it was possible, but it hurt, and he said as much to his new friend. "The thing is, Ao'mek... my family is..."{/b] They weren't his family anymore, they had made that very clear to him. He had to remember that, and it was so hard, especially on the days when he needed someone close to him the most.

He rubbed his eyes when they started to water up and sighed. [b]"My family is very traditional, very Holdbred. I was taught, very early on, that anything between two men was wrong. It was one of the things hammered into my head from childhood forward. I'm still grappling with the idea that it isn't wrong. I'm still getting over my denial that I'm... like that."
He thumbed a bit of condensation from the side of his mug and flicked it away, unable to look at the bluerider, his old worries fearing that he would look at him funny. "My family disowned me because I didn't Impress a bronze. I Impressed a freak female. I haven't heard from them since hatching day."

His head flew up then, and suddenly he became desperate. "Please don't tell Fox, or anyone, any of this. I don't want him to know." He didn't know why that was suddenly important, but it was. "If - when - I'm ready for him to know, I want it to come from my own mouth."

Now that he was getting somewhere, and had an opening to begin with, K'rios decided he didn't need to go on teasing anymore. He glanced in J'on's direction, and it appeared as though the young opalrider was speaking to Ao'mek in a manner that suggested he might be opening up as well. No need to go breaking up what might be a good thing for the two of them. If that was indeed what was going on, then he didn't want to be the one to disrupt something that the entire Wing wanted to see rolling out sooner rather than not at all. He returned to his seat and settled back down, twirling a finger over his now empty whisky glass. "First thing's first, refill my glass, then I'll give you my thoughts on the matter at hand." Because like it or not, Fox was going to hear what K'rios had to say on the matter, and there might not be plenty to say about it, but he had a few choice words to say in regards to the situation between the two of them. After his glass was filled, even if it was only with a little bit of whisky, he downed it just as quick as it had been filled.

Then he leaned back and crossed both arms and legs and considered how he was going to put what was on his mind. "Look, I get it okay? You don't want to scare the kid off. But how long are you going to put the two of you through between before it all comes to a head? I shouldn't speak, I have my own issues to deal with," he thought briefly of Nizhoni, but that wasn't in the here or now, and he still didn't know or understand what was going on with his friend, so he shoved any thoughts of her to the back and shook himself of her image before continuing. "Maybe just give him some time, huh? Have you tried just being there, letting him know you're his friend, softening him up around the edges and making sure he knows that you're going to be there, first and foremost? Make sure he knows that you're available to him, even if he doesn't want to admit that he needs you - let him come to you when he needs you, man, and make sure you're there for him no matter when he comes calling."

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:37 pm

Tlamehath trilled happily as she curled her tail around his. This was the most attention from a female he'd gotten in quite some time, so he was absolutely on cloud nine. You have my word, my fair lady. When you grace the skies with your glowing hide, I will be sure to give you my undivided attention. The blue promised her. He was far to excited about her presence to focus much on what she said about not wanting to bother her rider with talk of her first flight.

A look of sympathy fell on Ao'mek's animated face as J'on spoke about his family and how they no longer wanted anything to do with him because of what he had impressed. He couldn't imagine. Granted, he wasn't about to just go tell his family 'hey, I found out I like men' unless there was good reason to, but even if he did he knew his family would still love him. A hand reached out to rest on J'on's shoulder. "I am so sorry, J'on. A family should stood stand by their son...but I do understand...such lessons are also taught in Walled. Those lessons aren't right though. We have it right here...love who you want to love...no judgement."

His brown eyes turned wide as J'on turned desperate. "Hey man, take it easy. I'm not going to say anything to anyone. I promise." There was something about the way when Ao'mek said he promised something you knew he meant it. "But hey....you're a weyrman now. You can be who you want to be. Don't forget that and if there is anything I can do for you, don't you hesitate to come find me. I'm serious, J'on. My lips are sealed, but you don't have to struggle with this alone." Ao'mek hoped that if J'on couldn't find the courage to go to Fox, then hopefully he had enough courage to allow him to help him find a path to the bronzerider.

Fox breathed a sigh of relief when K'rios stopped and moved back to his seat. He was more than willing to refill the man's glass and he refilled his own in the process. They apparently had the same idea because they both downed their drinks at the same time. Fox went ahead and refilled their glasses again as K'rios began to speak his mind to him.

He couldn't help but give an exasperated noise and shift impatiently in his seat. "What do you think I've been doing, K'rios? I try and spend as much time with him as I can, prove to him that I care about him as a person, but he's still just so...terrified. That's why he never let's himself spend time alone with me. I never push him either, but I make myself as available as possible and I make sure that he knows he can come to me for anything...anything at all. I'm pretty sure that's why he does still spend time with me even if it is generally in groups." Fox sighed and sunk lower in his chair. One hand rested against his chin as a sorrowful look crossed his face. "I'm giving him all the time he wants....I just...I don't know what to do at this point." As if the harpers playing that evening heard his plight, they began to play a slow and sad song. Well, Fox heard it as sad, though it was probably suppose to be more relaxing.

Return to “Dining Hall”