Regrets Come Morning ~ Tag: Devyn/Kate

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:09 am

Devyn would have to keep a good hold on Darrow on the way to the apartments. Even with that hold he managed to body bob like nobody's business and even managed to almost fall again a few times on the journey there. It was like he wasn't in control of his own movements he was so drunk. Some how, by the grace of the goddesses, they managed to get to the apartments.

"Well, here we are, do you know which building you are in? Should we call your daywher to come help us out?"

Darrow's eyes were heavily lidded as he looked from building to building. They all looked the same, but thankfully there were name plates on the cabins. He looked at them closely as he leaned against Devyn for stability. "Umm...it'sh down thish way." He stated and then began to weave that way slowly. It took a few times, but eventually he managed to find his cabin. He'd tried rousing Argow, but the black was out cold...no doubt in part due to his own drunk mind.

"Thish ish it. Argow ish ashleep." Darrow began to look in his pockets for his key, but his drunk fingers couldn't feel or find it. "I can't find my key." He said rather pathetically as his hands continued to fumble through his pants pockets to try and find the small piece of metal. He didn't remember that he had put the key in his front tunic pocket. "Devyn...help me find my key..." He whined and looked up at Devyn with puppy dog eyes.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:46 am

Devyn finally let out a small sigh of relief when they reached Darrow's apartment. Luckily for the both of them, the chimera handler had been able to keep them on their feet all the way back. Darrow had almost went down a few times, and Devyn had known that if the other man fell, he was almost sure to fall with him. Even though the man wasn't as drunk as Darrow, he still figured he wouldn't be able to keep his own balance and would have surely gone down with the newly graduated young man. Since he had already gone down once with him before they had even started moving, Devyn was not looking forward to it happening again.

When they got there, even Devyn had to look around for a few moments as well, trying to tell which apartment was which. This late at night, they all seemed to blend in with one another. Unfortunately Devyn didn't know which one Darrow lived in to begin with, so he honestly wouldn't have been much help anyway. The chimera handler could feel the young man leaning on him, and so Devyn made sure that he took each step carefully. Honestly, he just didn't want Darrow to trip and hurt himself. Typical Devyn, here he was, more worried about someone he had just met than he was about himself. The man should have expected that by now, but sometimes it still shocked him. This was how much Esca had changed him, without even meaning too.

As the two of them continued on, Devyn could not help but chuckle to himself as they tried to find Darrow's cabin. Every time they slowed down, or stopped, so that they could get a good look, it ended up not being Darrow's place. It was amusing watching Darrow, and knowing that the two of them must look like quiet the pair to anyone who was out wandering around at night.

Finally they found it, and Devyn just nodded. Part of him was actually kind of bummed that the night was over, or well, just about over anyway. It had been more fun than the handler would admit, getting to know Darrow. The other part of him was almost glad that this was over. That meant that there would be no more awkward moments, or anything like that.

Standing there, Devyn couldn't help but keep one hand on Darrrow's arm just incase the young man lost his balance again. Moving his hand, his blue eyes watched Darrow for a moment. Then new handler seemed pretty calm for not knowing where his key was. Or at least, he started out calm, which was more than the chimera handler could say for himself. As he heard Darrow's voice, he just starred at him a moment.

"Well, um..sure, I guess I can help you find your key? What does it look like? Is there anything attatched to it? When was the last time you saw it?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 pm

"Well, um..sure, I guess I can help you find your key? What does it look like? Is there anything attached to it? When was the last time you saw it?"

Darrow's hands were still searching his person for the elusive key. He had to have right? Surely he hadn't lost it. No, he remembered, somehow, that he had locked his cabin door when he had left earlier. Perhaps it fell out somewhere? He groaned thinking that they were going to have to go all the way back to where they came to try and find it. "It'sh shilver, key shaped, little...no, not attached to anything...Lasht I shaw it waaaaasss...." He paused, but the sound continued for a moment. "When I left here earlier." Slower and with a little more purpose, his hands returned to each of his pockets to try and feel the key. This time he even remembered his vest pocket. Still no such luck.

Whatever drunk energy he had before was quickly seeping out of him. Now, with the misery of not being able to find his key so he could get in and into bed, he'd pretty much given up on life. Darrow slumped forward into Devyn with a huff. "It'sh gone. I can't find it. My poor Argow ish trapped...forever..." He said, obviously being what he thought was humorously dramatic. He moved off of Devyn and leaned against his door. "Don't worry my shweet Argow. I shall save you...tomorrow." He spoke through the wood. There was no response from the other side. The black was happily curled up asleep in her bed, oblivious of the state her handler was in. If she'd been worried about him, she'd have gone to get him.

After petting the wood door a few times Darrow stood back up straight, but immediately slumped back against Devyn. "I can crash on your couch tonight? I promish I don't shnore." He was no stranger to sleeping on couches...it just generally wasn't the couch of someone who was almost a stranger. Back home, during some of the late night practices he'd been a part of, none of the crew would leave the theater and instead would crash wherever they could. To drunk Darrow, this was a similar situation. How he would react in the morning...only time would tell.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Thu May 03, 2018 1:23 am

Blue eyes continued to watch Darrow, and a smirk was making its way to Devyn's face. Although he tried not to smirk, or smile, or anything, he had to admit to himself that Darrow was kind of cute, in a funny cute kind of way. Watching him look around for his keys just made Devyn smile. As the young man started speaking, the chimera handler quickly turned his attention back to him. If Devyn hadn't found this whole thing amusing, he honestly probably would have rolled his eyes at Darrow as he told him it was "key shaped." Luckily, he didn't, and besides he knew that Darrow was drunk, so that was probably not really helping him much right now anyway. Thinking back, Devyn hadn't seen anything like that sitting on the bar where they had been sitting, had he? Quickly, the handler tried to remember. The alcohol wasn't making it all the easy, but he didn't remember seeing anything. Pulling himself from his thoughts, he saw Darrow still looking (or maybe he was looking again) in his pockets. "I don't remember seeing them, so I don't think you set them down earlier when you were at the tavern. They have to be around here somewhere."

Luckily for Darrow, Devyn had been fully paying attention and was able to catch the young man as he slumped forward. Raising an eyebrow, he watched and listened to Darrow, trying not to smile or laugh. The chimera handler knew that Argow would be just fine for the night, and honestly, if something happened, Devyn was pretty sure the black could probably just tear the door down or something and get out. Devyn gently put a hand on Darrow's shoulder, "Don't worry, she'll be fine. Trust me. Isamuyn is always ok if I have to leave him alone for the night, and I know she will be too." Devyn really didn’t know what else he was supposed to day. Darrow was making sense in the fact that he was worried about his daywher, but he was over exaggerating because of the drunkenness, so the chimera handler was just doing his best to try and comfort the other man.

Devyn kept his hand on Darrow’s shoulder more for support for the other man than anything. That was, until the black handler spoke again. For a moment, all the dark haired young man could do wa state at the other man. Blue eyes looked at him as if they were hoping to catch a perm at something different or something, something to tell him the other man was just kidding around. Unfortunately, it seemed that Farrow was serious. It took another moment for Devyn to be able to find his voice through the remaining shock. I mean I guess if you really want to crash at my place you can. I’m just not used to having anyone there anymore. But I do know what it’s loke to lock yourself out, so if you are sure you wouldn’t rather go to someone else’s place, then uh, you can use my couch if you want.” Devyn didn’t really know what made him say yes, but as he looked at the young man again, he was sure glad he had.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Fri May 04, 2018 3:54 pm

"I don't remember seeing them, so I don't think you set them down earlier when you were at the tavern. They have to be around here somewhere."

It was futile for the time being. The key was gone to mysterious who knew where and Darrow was far too drunk to really care about trying to find it at this moment. In the morning, when he was hung over but sober, then he would figure out that the key had been safely tucked away in his marks pouch instead of in one of his pockets like normal. He'd marked his key with a bit of black paint in a certain spot so he would know it was his, but he wasn't too worried about other finding it and using it. "They will show u*hic*up. I'm not too worried about it." Darrow assured the other man with a lopsided grin as if only a few minutes ago he wasn't horribly worried about his missing key.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. Trust me. Isamuyn is always ok if I have to leave him alone for the night, and I know she will be too."

Darrow gave the wood door another pat as if it was Argow herself. He reached out for the black to see if he could speak to her, but the day wher was very much out of it. She really didn't like the way her handlers mind felt with all the alcohol, so she'd allowed herself to fall as quickly asleep as was possible. Considering how affected he was by Darrow's drinking, there was a good chance she would stay asleep far into the next day. Thank Faranth none of the newly graduated had duties to do tomorrow. The daylingmaster knew that they would be celebrating tonight, so there was always a day between graduating and being put into guard pairs.

"I mean I guess if you really want to crash at my place you can. I’m just not used to having anyone there anymore. But I do know what it’s loke to lock yourself out, so if you are sure you wouldn’t rather go to someone else’s place, then uh, you can use my couch if you want.”

Darrow leaned up off of the man and gave an almost bored shrug. "I don't really know anyone elshe. 'nd I really don' wanna shleep on the ground here. Lead the way, han*hic*ome." He said and then returned to leaning against the broad shouldered man. The young harper was basically asleep already, how he was able to stay on his feet was a feat in itself.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 am

For another few moments, Devyn tried to think about the key, but he knew it was not going to do any good. Sure, he wasn't as drunk as Darrow, but he was still quiet tipsy, and that was enough to make him not exactly remember if he had seen Darrow with any keys or anything like that. Devyn was brought out of his thoughts once again by Darrow's voice, and he nodded slowly. "Well that's good that you aren't worried. It won't do any good. Tomorrow, when we can think a little better, I'm sure we will be able to find them. Or like you said, they will just show up." Quiet honestly, the chimera handler didn't know how Darrow was not worried about his key. In a drunken state, Devyn would assume that the other young man would be even more worried about his keys. Farnath knew Devyn would be flipping out if he lost his keys.

Even though he hadn't had as much to drink as Darrow, Devyn still found himself glad that he didn't have very much to do tomorrow. The chimera handler highly doubted that he would get a hangover, but it was always hard to tell, and you never knew. Right now, he just felt a little tipsy, not overly drunk, so hopefully if he drank some water when he got home, he could avoid the pain of dealing with a hangover. The young man guessed it wouldn't be bad to have to deal with one, remind him why he shouldn't over do it. Isamuyn sure didn't like it when he drank too much, or was hungover on their patrols the day after.

What thee newly graduated handler said to Devyn made the man frown just a moment, but it was gone pretty much as quick we it had come. "Well, we will have to change that once you're sober. Its not good to not have friends. Although I don't blame you. Someone had to teach me that when I got here as well. As for the sleeping on the ground, we can't have you doing that, it's just not right."

As the young man leaned on him once again, Devyn slowly began making his way towards his own apartment. It didn't take them long at all to get there, even with him helping Darrow. Quickly, Devyn unlocked the door and led the both of them in, before shutting it behind him once more. There were a few candles already lit so he easily made his way ti the couch, helping Darrow onto it before going to get him a pillow and a blanket and bringing it back. "Anything else I can get for you?"
Parker
Site Admin

Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Darrow was so far gone now that Devyn was having to practically carry him the rest of the way to the man's apartment. It was a good thing that he had Devyn to watch out for him, otherwise he'd have likely ended up the goddesses knew where and in what sort of state. Yes, he was going to be profusely thankful to the man once he did sober up. "Itsh okay. Really. I the shy short, sho....I don't really make friendsh all that eashily. I know I should jusht...not be shy, but I don't know....other than tonight it'sh never been easy to jusht not be...you know?" Darrow prattled on. It only took a little longer than normal for them to get to Devyn's place. Thankfully, unlike himself, Devyn knew where his key was and was able to get the door open.

By the time Devyn got Darrow to the couch he was basically a ragdoll at that point. He flopped onto the soft cushions with a groan. Hands moved to his head to hold it, willing it to stop moving everything so much, but it didn't help. The world was just going to spin for now and he would have to live with that because he had no other choice in the matter. "No, I'm good. Jusht going to shtay here for awhile if that'sh okay." Darrow said and then managed to pull himself into a sitting position. "On the other hand...maybe shome water would be a good idea?" He was thirsty but he knew that he shouldn't drink more alcohol. Besides, he didn't know where he would find anymore booze right now anyways.

While Devyn got him some water, Darrow decided to make himself more comfortable. Sloppily he got his boots off and that was quickly followed by his shirt, leaving his toned torso bare for the world to see. Darrow generally slept fully clothed, but right now he was too hot to be comfortable. Without the shirt it was much better. "Thank you. Again...too good to me." Darrow stated as he took the offered glass of water and drank half of it in one gulp. After that he seemed to collapse in on himself and laid back on the couch. Within minutes he was out like a light. He'd pay for his gluttony tomorrow, but he wasn't worried about tomorrow yet.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Thu May 17, 2018 1:25 am

It had never occured to Devyn that he would end up bringing someone home tonight, even if it wasn't for anything other than to help the other young man out.The chimera handler also considered himself lucky that he had not gotten so drunk that he couldn't remember which place was his, or where he had put the key to it. Darrow's voice brought him out of his thoughts and the chimera handler quickly turned his attention back to the other man. Nodding slowly he thought about what to say for a moment before he finally spoke. "I know exactly what you mean. I was a shy sort of person too. Well, I didn't used to be until I got here and some stuff happened which made me kind of, retreat from people for a while. It wasn't until I'd been here for a while that I found someone who eventually brought my out of my shell. I'm sure eventually you will to."

Once they had made it inside, Devyn had to admit to himself that Darrow was starting to get a bit heavy, but he was glad that they were back and that he had gotten the young man situated on the couch for the night. Honestly, he had never had to take care of anyone like that before, but it felt good to help the other young man out. The chimera handler had always been taught to treat others and help others as he would want people to help him. It was always nice to think about the fact that hopefully one day, his kindness would pay off and someone would do the same thing for him if he needed it.

Once the young black handler was settled on the couch, and had said he was all set, Devyn had turned to leave. It was then that the young man requested a glass of water, and the chimera handler knew that would probably be a good idea. It didn't bother him to go and get it, and he was back quickly with it, handing it to the young man. If he had anything for the headache that Darrow would almost no doubt wake up with, he would have given him that too tot ry and help him a little.

Chuckling, Devyn watched the other man quickly drank half his water, and then proceeded to fall right asleep. Taking the glass, Devyn set it on the table, incase Darrow wanted another drink, pulled the blankets up just a bit on him so he was comfortable, and then headed to his own room, pretty much doing the same thing as Darrow, passing out as his head hit the pillow. For the first time in a while though, the nightmares would not haunt him, and he would finally be able to get a good ngihts sleep.

[FIN]