Regrets Come Morning ~ Tag: Devyn/Kate

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 pm

"Don't worry, it's not a big deal, we've all been there before. Glad I could help you out though"

Another wide smile was given to the chimera handler as the young blackhandler body bobbed despite keeping a hold of the bar's counter. A lanky arm reached out and gave the man a friendly pat on the upper arm. "You're one of the good onesh. I can tell." Darrow complimented the man. It was probably a very good thing most of this evening would reside in the secret crevices of his mind, lost to a drunken history he might never known about unless Devyn was sobber enough to tell him later. Then again, if he wakes up in the morning not remembering there is a good chance he'll not want to be reminded of what might have happened. Ignorance was bliss, after all.

"Yah, I'm here. Glad I caught up to you again. Gives me a chance to make sure you make it home alright."

Darrow slowed his bobbing down enough to fall into step next to Devyn. "Home? Pfffft....nah. The night'sh s-still young." The blackhandler said, but his eyes were getting droopy and even his bobbing was starting to slow down. His sharp face looked up at the two glowing moons in the sky. "Pretty. Makesh me think of a song my mother always per*hiccup*forms on stage." Darrow's balance was knocked off as he looked up and he just about crashed into Devyn. He hardly even noticed his own stumble at this point as he continued on, his feet automatically taking him towards his cabin and a place he could actually crash.

Happily and drunkenly he trudged along and began to hum a song under his breath. The hum got louder and louder until he began to softly sing the words. Yes, his words were still slurred, but his pitch and tone was still spot on.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:29 am

Raising an eyebrow, Devyn had to stop and think about what the other young man had said. While part of him was pleased to hear this, but the other part of him argued that Darrow was wrong about that. If he was such a good guy, why couldn't he save Esca? While the chimera handler knew he wasn't really to blame, could never be to blame, he still couldn't help but let the thoughts come to his mind. Sure, he had been there for him til the very end, but part of him still wondered if he could have done something else. The rational part of him knew there was nothing HE could have done. He was not a healer, and knew they had tried their best. When he realized he was probably frowning, he quickly pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind, and tried to let a small smile come to his face. "Well I appreciate you saying that. You don't seem like such a bad guy yourself." Darrow seemed like a great guy, but Devyn knew he would have to get to know him maybe without as much alcohol to get to know him better.

Chuckling, Devyn shook his head once again. "Well that is true, I can't argue with you about that." As they continued to walk, Devyn just let the cooler air flow over him, cooling him a little bit. The alcohol had warmed him, and he had to admit that even the slight cool felt really good against his skin. As the two of them walked together, they lapsed into silence for a few moments. Looking over at the other young man, his eyes followed Darrow's and looked up at the sky. Looking up at the sky reminded him of being with Esca. The two of them were in the same craft, and they had spent countless nights starring up at the sky together. Obviously they did it for their craft, but sometimes, they even just did it for the heck of it, just to have fun.

As Darrow's voice reached him, Devyn smiled softly. "Yes, it's beautiful." As the other young man began to hum, he chuckled to himself. Listening, he had to admit that the young man was really very good, even with the alcohol slurring his words. "You know, you really are good singer. Looks like you found something that makes you happy. And I have to admit, you're still pretty good even after a few drinks." He gave the handler a small smile to show he was teasing, and then let his eyes move back to the stars, studying them once again.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:40 am

Darrow...what is wrong with you? Argow asked very sleepily as she was roused from her slumber by her handler's state of mind. I'm drunk Argow! It'sh...it'sh....fun and intereshting. I made a friend you'll be happy to know. Darrow explained to her, somehow through his drunken haze of a mind. I don't know if I care for this, Darrow. This hurts my head quite a bit. I am glad you made a friend, though. She told him honestly. I shorry, dear. I didn't mean for your head to hurt. Go back to shleep. Devyn ish bringing me home. Darrow explained.

"You know, you really are good singer. Looks like you found something that makes you happy. And I have to admit, you're still pretty good even after a few drinks."

"Thanksh! When I shober I will have to shing for you again." Darrow said happily as he stumbled about next to Devyn after he was done with the song. Granted, he immediately began to sing another one. This time though in his joyful drunkeness he couldn't resist turning and taken a hold of Devyn's hands and turning him in a few sloppy dance circles. This, of course, made him dizzier and caused him to stumble and lose balance. He was unable to catch himself and fell to the ground solidly on his back. "Ow. That was shmart of me. You alright?" He asked Devyn with concern as he attempted to right himself.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:51 am

Devyn couldn't help but chuckle softly as he continued to watch the other young man. The chimera handler smiled softly. Honestly, he didn't remember his first time getting drunk. Well, that was kind of a white lie. He DID remember it. Although, it was more like bits and pieces than actually remembering the night. Besides the beginning, all the blue eyed young man remembered was the world of pain he had been in the next morning. Since then, he had tried to control his drinking a bit more, and hell, Esca had been part of that too. While the two of them had occasionally had a drink, they never really got buzzed or anything. Thinking a little more about it, Devyn found himself glad that they had left. While he was buzzed, he was completely drunk like Darrow was, so he might be spared the hang over in the morning. Darrow's voice brought him out of his thoughts and he chuckled. "that would be great, I'd appreciate it." It wasn't every day that a renowned Harper said he would sing for you. Devyn was going to take it. He liked listening to harpers anyway, and if Darrow was that good, he was sure he would thoroughly enjoy it.

Before the young man could comprehend what was going on, Darrow took his hands, and was spinning him in circles. For the first time in the while, Devyn felt as though he was the carefree person he felt like sometimes when he was with Esca. It was the first time he had felt like that in a while, and he didn't know if it was because of Darrow, or because of the alcohol he had in his system. The young man let his mind dwell on that for a few seconds to long, and the next thing he knew, he was being dragged for the ground. Since his focus hadn't been on what was going on, it was hard for him to stop himself from falling, or even try to catch himself.

Landing with a soft Omph, Devyn took a moment to catch his breath, not quiet realizing exactly where he had landed. As his eyes met with Darrow's for a moment though, he fought the blush that inevitably came to his cheeks as he moved to get up. While getting up was the goal, and doing it quickly, he didn't want to do it too fast. Although, this was kind of awkward, him scrambling to get up would probably not make things any easier. Chuckling ever so slightly he finally managed to get halfway up. "Don't be sorry, it's ok. I'm fine. What about you? You didn't hurt yourself did you?" Of course Devyn was worried about him. Extending his hand, the chimera handler continued, "Come on, let me help you up."
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:00 pm

"Don't be sorry, it's ok. I'm fine. What about you? You didn't hurt yourself did you?"

Had Darrow not been, literally, fall-down-drunk, he would have been immensely embarrassed by where he had managed to pull Devyn down with him....that was right on top of him. Instead of the profuse apologies and deep blushing by the gaffe all he could do was laugh and struggle to get breath back into his lungs where it had been knocked out of him. If he happened to remember this moment in the morning then he would be sure to be appropriately mortified then, but the chances of him remembering much of anything at this point was unlikely. "I have no idea. I don't think sho." Darrow finally managed to answer the chimera handler. "Jusht my pride..." He assured Devyn, but for the moment he was happy to not be on his feet, though, it felt as if the world and himself was still moving.

"Come on, let me help you up."

Darrow shook his head vehemently from side to side and then instantly regretted it with a groan. "I think I should shtay here. Mov*hiccup*ing doesh not shound like a very fun idea." He stated in a sleepy tone of voice. Laying right here in this very spot was all he wanted to do. He really didn't think he could get up if he wanted to. "Everything is shpinning. Make it stahp shpinning." He said in a voice that sounded almost half asleep, but he wasn't. "Devyn...I think I drank too much." Darrow said, stating the most obvious statement he could muster at the moment. "Will I ever be shober again? It doeshn't feel like it. Thish...thish ish my life now, ishn't it?" He rambled in a dejected tone of voice.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:01 pm

Blue eyes watched ht either young man as Devyn got himself up. There was just something about him. Maybe it was just the fact that the two of them were having fun because they were both tipsy. Obviously, Darrow a bit more than him, but still. Even though Devyn had been a bit more open, he still normally wouldn't end up normally thinking that someone was cute the day he first met him. Or at least not as much as he was anyway. When he had first met Esca, Devyn had thought about how cute he was, but he hadn't let it get to him. With Darrow, it was a different story. This time he couldn't just push it to the back of his mind. The chimera handler could only assume that the alcohol was just making him think a little differently than he normally would. Even though he had had his fair share of drinks through out his life, he had only been really drunk a time or two. This time was not one Devyn considered himself drunk. Obviously he wasn't sober. Actually, he was probably just..tipsy. Ok, so did that make him drunk? Maybe a little, but he wasn't the so drunk that he didn't know what was going on or anything.

As his ears picked up the other man's voice, he couldn't help but put his attention back on Darrow. Smiling a little, he shook his head. "Well, it's probably better that you're pride is hurt than you being physically hurt."

Devyn was all set to help him up, but he couldn't stop himself from laughing as Darrow spoke once more. Chuckling he just shook his head playfully. "Well, if that's the case we can let you sit there for a bit. It's up to you. I can always just help you back to your place if you want. Or I can get Isamuyn to come and he can carry you back if you think that would be easier." It didn't occur to him that Isamuyn might not be interested in coming out now. Although he knew the chimera would come if he asked him too. Once again, the young man playfully rolled his eyes. "Yah, I would say you did, but that's ok, I had a bit too much myself."

Another smile played on his lips at the young man's question. "Yes, don't worry. It will wear off by some point tomorrow. You don't stay drunk all the time. Well, I mean, unless you keep drinking I guess? As long as you don't drink like this everyday, yes, you will be sober again." The handler took a deep breath, trying to make sure he was focusing enough. Eventually, he knew he needed to get the younger man home, so he needed to start trying to get himself a bit more focused.

Finally after a few minutes he turned to the young man and said, "So, you ready to go? I can help you up if you are."
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 pm

Darrow stayed on the ground for the moment with his eyes pressed tightly shut as he willed the spinning to stop. It didn't completely, but it did get a little better after a moment. He was never ever going to drink this much again, but figured he likely would drink some again. He just didn't want to get to this point where existence itself was misery. The only bright spot was his new friend, Devyn. He opened his eyes and stared up at the chimerahandler. "Yesh. I think it besht if you take me home. I think it'sh that way." He said and then pointed in an obviously wrong direction. "You're too good to me, Dev. Will you tuck me into bed as well?" He asked in an overly dramatic, pathetic voice.

"Thank the goddessesh. I don't want to *hiccup* feel this bad anymore. Remind me to never drink that much again." Darrow was still a little skeptical that he would ever feel normal again, but he'd take Devyn's word on it. He was still laying on the ground looking up at Devyn. "What if I don' wanna get up? I like the view from where I am." He said a little obstinately and a little flirtatiously. That certainly wasn't like him, but then alcohol does a great job of lower inhibitions especially when it comes to things that are repressed.

"Oh alright, fine...help me up." Darrow finally gave in and reached his hands upwards to Devyn. It wasn't too hard to get him to his feet, but then keeping him there was a little more difficult. He stumbled forward into Devyn's chest. "Goddess....it'sh like a brick wall." He commented as he pressed on the man's torso area, not really getting that such a thing was highly inappropriate.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:47 am

For a moment, Devyn found himself just starring at the other young man. Luckily for him (or at least thats what he thought anyway), he was pretty sure he managed to tear his eyes away before Darrow noticed it. Most of him hoped that Darrow hadn't noticed, but he found that there was this tiny part of him that hoped that the other handler had noticed. Honestly, the chimera handler felt the part of him that hoped that was the drunk part. Sure, he had expected to feel like this about someone again after Esca, but here he was, something inside of him was telling him that this guy was cute, funny. Quickly, he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. Maybe he was actually drunker than he thought he was, actually, it was almost obvious that he was drunker than he thought. Looking at the young man a moment he laughed. "Well I don't think it's that way, but we'll find it regardless."

It took the chimera handler a moment to figure out exactly what Darrow had said, but it caused him to blush, and for a moment he didn't know what to say. Actually, that was not really rare for him anyway. Although Esca had once again been the one to break through that as well. When the two of them had first started dating, Devyn had often not known what to say to the green handler's flirting. Really, the only thing he felt truly comfortable talking about at that time had been when they were talking about their daywhers, or their craft. Finally, Devyn brought himself back to the present. "Well, I don't know about that. I'm sure Agrow would tuck you in."

Devyn gave a silent sigh of relief at having avoiding that potentially awkward moment. Unfortunately for the blue eyed young man, the relief was a bit premature. Another slight blush came to his features, and hopefully, once again, that Darrow didn't notice. "Well I'm sorry to disrupt the view, but you can't sit there all night. Eventually you'd get bored, or sore, or cold. In my opinion, it would be better to go home and sleep the alcohol off. You will feel better tomorrow. Well, at some point tomorrow I guess I should say."

Finally, the younger handler let Devyn help him up. Devyn easily helped him, as Darrow was completely incapacitated by the alcohol, but before he could stop himself, Darrow was stumbling into. Instinctively Devyn reached out to help him, but Darrow had already caught himself on the chimera handler's chest. "Well, um, thanks I guess?" That was really all Devyn could say.

After a moment he studied Darrow and then said, "You ok now? Think you can start walking back to your apartment?" He wasn't in a rush, if Darrow wasn't ready they wouldn't go, but the sooner he got the young man back home, the better it would probably be for the both of them.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 am

Darrow shook his head...a little too vehemently....which resulted in a miserable groan. "No, no....I *hic* love Argow...but her idea of tu-tucking me into bed ish jusht her trying to lay on top of me. And she'sh shoooo heavy. I can't breath when she doesh that...and she likesh to do that a lot." The tone of his voice was overly dramatic, but rather hilarious to hear. He was a harper, though, and he did know how to act. Normally, though it was on cue and rather forced thanks to his shy demeanor. Which apparently had been scared away by the copious amounts of alcohol he'd consumed. Thankfully, for both of their sakes, he didn't mention again the idea of Devyn tucking him in.

"It'sh alright. I'll forgive you....thish time." Darrow stated with a cheeky grin. He really didn't know what he meant by saying that. Did he mean he wanted to see the view again? Was he just prattling nonsense in his drunk state? Guess it would have to remain a mystery until Darrow was sober...if he even remembered saying it. "I pro'ly would get bored....and cold. Shleeping in my own bed shounds good."

"You are very welcome. Boop." He stated and then booped Devyn's nose. "Alright...my shober, friend. Lead me to my bed." Darrow said, but then started walking...in the wrong direction....to his place. He was really going to owe Devyn one after taking care of his sorry ass tonight. Little did Darrow know after tonight that thoughts about the kind man who'd put up with him would start to plague his own thoughts in ways he was not use to.

(Feel free to get them to his place with your reply dear.)
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:03 am

\For a moment, Devyn tried to compose himself, although it was really to no avail. Putting his hand over his mouth, he tried to stop himself from laughing. The young man was not laughing AT Darrow, he was just laughing at how he had said what he had just said. Blue eyes shone with silent laughter as he managed to keep most of it contained, but a chuckle managed to slip out anyway. "Well, yes, I'm sure that is uncomfortable, It IS kind of funny to picture though honestly." Devyn would never admit it, but there was some part of him that wished he had been able to do things like that with Isamuyn. The chimera hadn't been with Devyn when he was younger, so he had never ben small enough to lay in bed with Devyn, or cuddle with him or anything like that. Sometimes, the handler found himself wondering exactly what it would have been like. Then the other part of him knew it probably would have turned out to be like Darrow and his daywher. So maybe it was a good thing.

Devyn quickly brought his mind back to what was going on, putting his attention back on the other handler as Darrow began to speak once more. All Devyn could do for a few moments was stare at the younger man, trying to figure out exactly what he was talking about. Forgive him? After that moment, it dawned on him. Was he talking about forgiving him for taking him home where Darrow couldn't "like the view" anymore? The thought made the chimera handler blush, and hope that Darrow wouldn't see it. Honestly, Devyn doubted that Darrow would even notice, and he doubted the young man would even remember he said any of this tomorrow. A small smile came across his face as Darrow seemed to realize that he was right, that he would indeed get bored and cold. "Sleeping in a bed definitely sounds better than staying out here. I agree with you on that one."

Dveyn had unintentionally let his mind wander, and the next thing he knew, Darrow was talking once again and then all of a sudden, the young man was bopping him on the nose. For a moment, Devyn went cross-eyed. Shaking his head just a bit, he couldn't help but wonder what had made Darrow do that, but he wasn't going to bother asking. It's not like it had hurt or anything, just more, shocked and confused him more than anything else. "Well, I dont think I'm totally sober, but I would certainly say I'm more sober than you at the moment, so again, I would have to agree with you on that one."

Gently, Devyn grabbed his arm. "First things first, I'm pretty sure the wherhandler apartments aren't that way. Wouldn't want you to get lost now." The last part was said teasing voice as the chimera handler gently guided the young man back to where he knew he at least should be in the vicinity of where he lived. While Devyn wasn't quiet sure about the where the new handlers went, like what building they were in, he knew where they should be. Once they got back, he turned to the other young man. "Well, here we are, do you know which building you are in? Should we call your daywher to come help us out?"