Regrets Come Morning ~ Tag: Devyn/Kate

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:23 am

It was finally official...he was a true dayhandler now. Gone was the time of learning in daylinghood, now he and Argow would get to truly contribute to the Pack and the weyr as Guardians. Graduation had been that day, earlier in the morning. It had been a proud moment for all of them in the graduating class. Afterwards there had been a small celebration held in honor of them. As usual, Darrow had not mingled much during the celebration. he spoke to Shyren for awhile and made sure to talk to all of their clutch mates before he happily got something to eat and moved to a corner to watch.

While the small feast began to come to a halt, some of the new handlers decided the celebrations should continue that evening at the bar. Darrow was not a drinker. He enjoyed one glass of ale every once in awhile, but that was about it. Still, somehow he got roped into agreeing to meet them there later. Once he and Argow got back to their cabin he began to think of ways to get out of having to go to the bar. However, Argow was going to have none of that. She told him that he was going to go and he was going to enjoy it. Darrow knew this was an argument he wouldn't win, so he decided that he would just have to suck it up and go.

Only a handful of the newly graduated had shown up and none of them were ones that he was friends with. While he tried at first to mingle with them, he was so far out of their loop that he was quickly ignored. He wasn't upset about this, but he didn't want to hover around them now either, so he moved down the bar a ways and sat down. This was the more quiet side of the bar at least. Without ordering there was suddenly a drink in front of him. "Oh, I didn't order..." The barkeep interrupted him and told him that newly graduated got one on the house. Darrow thanked him profusely and slid the glass closer to himself.

It was a half-size glass that was filled halfway up. The liquid inside was a warm brown color. Sniffing it told him that it wasn't an ale and likely a lot stronger. Darrow had never had hard liquor before, he wasn't sure if he wanted to, but this was a gift and it was rude to not accept a gift. How bad could it really be? This was his graduation party after all. With a shrug he picked up the glass and downed the entire thing. He had no idea he'd just given himself a double shot of whisky. Eyes immediately began to water as he struggled to swallow the rest and not sprew it out and look like an idiot. Finally, he got the burning liquid down, but that sent him into a coughing fit. Shards, he must look like an idiot right now.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Kate

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:19 am

Blue eyes looked around the empty apartment, a frown coming to the young man's face. The walls felt as though they were closing in around him. All this place did now was make him think of Esca, make him think of everything he had just lost. Honestly, he tried not to think about it, because he didn't want to keep getting upset. Esca would want him to be happy. The problem with that though, was that he knew part of the grieving process was getting upset, just letting everything out. The rational part of him knew that's how it was going to go, and that it would help. The other part didn't really want to look like a cry baby in front of everyone, or even just to himself. Quickly he shook his head, just going to get cleaned up. Not that he had really done much that day, Devyn just always felt better after he got himself cleaned up. It was probably time that he got out of here, and least for a little while. It would do him good to just get out of the apartment for a while. Come to think of it, he hadn't really eaten today either, so it might be a good idea to at least get some kind of food into him, even if he didn't really feel much like eating.

After getting dressed, instead of heading out to the dining hall, he decided he would just hit one of the bara. Those tended not to remind him of Esca too much. They had gone out, but mostly when they drank it was at home. Finally, he found a place that looked suitable enough. As he walked in, he was shocked to see that the place was full. Just great. Not really what I wanted he thought to himself. As he looked around, he saw some faces he recognized. Honestly, he couldn't tell you their names or anything, but he knew that they were the Day-Wherlings. The more he thought about it, it began to dawn on him just why everyone was here tonight. With everything going on with Esca, he had completely forgotten that the Wherlings had graduated today. Devyn had been excited to meet the new members of the Pack, but now, he couldn't really bring himself to want to mingle.

Sitting down a table by himself, he quickly got the attention of someone and ordered himself some food, and a nice stiff drink. Blue eyes wandered around, looking at everyone while he took a few sips of his drink. It didn't take them long to get him his food, and he was thnakful for that as his stomach gave a low growl. Apparently, he hadn't really realizedexactly how hungry he was. It'd didn't really take him long to finish his meal and his drink.

Now that his drink was gone, he headed back up to the bar. As he made his way to one of the stools, he bumped into a young man who was currently coughing, and Devyn could only figure he had drank to much, or whatever he had was pretty strong. Turning to the young man he said, Im sorry, didn't mean to bump you. With that he turned back to the bartender and ordered another ale.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Darrow's eyes were watering something fierce as he attempted to stop the coughing and choking he was doing. Trying to down the entire drink in one go had been a horrible idea. What was he thinking? He wasn't, that had been the problem. He knew that it was called hard alcohol for a reason, but he'd never imagined exactly how hard something like this was. He knew better for next time....if there was a next time. He wasn't exactly sure if he wanted to drink more, but then again he didn't want to seem like a total prude at what was suppose to be a celebration for himself as well...even if he really wasn't celebrating with the others. He was still coughing and so didn't really feel it when someone bumped into him.

"Im sorry, didn't mean to bump you."

"It's okay." Darrow said automatically before he turned to see who it was that had bumped him. He was a little surprised to see Devyn there. No, he didn't know the man personally, but the Pack wasn't so big that he didn't know most of the members. Plus, there was only two chimera dayhandlers, so it was easy to know that Devyn was one of them. Plus, considering the tragedy that had just happened, most in the Pack knew who he was. Darrow had never been in love, he'd had one crush before, but he couldn't imagine what the man was going through losing his love like that. Granted, when Darrow had first came to New Atricis Weyr he knew that same gender relationships were allowed, unlike back home, but it had been an odd concept to him at first. After being here a turn he realized that Atricis had it right and Walled was wrong as far as love went.

He heard Devyn order a drink and he thought it'd be nice to buy that drink for him. It took him a moment to work through his shyness in order to speak up, but he finally did. "Please, let that drink be on me." He offered the chimerahandler. He offered a hand out to the man in greeting. "I'm Darrow, handler to Black Argow." The barkeep brought Devyn his drink and then looked at him as if to ask if he wanted something else. He thought about it for a moment and then slid his empty glass back and ordered more. It was a celebration tonight, he might as well celebrate, he'd just be sure to not down the entire thing at once next time.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 am

Oh, it only Devyn could have read the young man's mind. Honestly, the chimera handler didn't exactly know why he was here either. Well, he did know, but that was beside the point. If he had remembered that the Daywherlings were graduating today, he almost certainly would have just opened a bottle of ale or whiskey at the apartment, and not bothered coming out. Right now, there was really only two people that the young man could even tolerate being around, and those people were Cas and Talen. Sometimes, Devyn thought about how lucky Cas was to still have Talen after everything that had happened. Quickly he pushed those thoughts away. He hated that he felt that way, felt a little jealous. Devyn could only assume, or well, hope rather, that it was just part of the process. He pretty much hated himself for being jealous. Esca and Adianca had not given their lives in vain. Because of them, Talen and Khonlen were alive. Sure he missed Esca, but at the same time, he knew Esca would not want him to feel this way about Cas and Talen.

Luckily for Devyn, before he could think about it to much more, the young man that he bumped into spoke to him, forcing the handler to come back to reality. Blue eyes studied the newly graduated handler for a moment. Part of Devyn recognized him, but he couldn't place a name or anything. Devyn could not help but give him at least a small smile, "Thanks." As the man introduced himself he shook his head, more out of formality and being polite than anything else. "I'm Devyn of Chimera Isamuyn."

As the barkeep gave him his drink, the dark haired man quickly downed it, and ordered another one, and a shot of whiskey to go with it. If he was going to drown his sorrows, he might as well do a good job. Once he got his drink he raised it to Darrow. "To you and graduating huh?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 pm

For all Darrow was a reknown and well-known harper in Walled Hold, he never really expected people to know him that would outside of the harper circles that his family ran around in. Yes, he knew he had 'fans', but it had never been a thought that rested to well with him. He sang and played because it was his passion, not because he wanted fame and glory from it. Even when there was no audience to hear he poured his heart and soul into his music. The fact his talent garnered him an allotment of fame was...well, in most part it was mainly ignored by him. While Devyn very much looked the part of a Walled native, he lacked any of the accent, which meant there was less reason for the chimerahandler to know him.

"Pleasure to finally be properly introduced to you, Devyn." Darrow said politely. His voice was quiet. Almost too quiet considering the cacophony of sound that the rowdy graduates were making on the other side of the bar. Goddesses, how many had they had already? Light brown eyes stole a look at them and almost shook his head as he saw them all down three shots in a row. Now he was glad he hadn't stuck around them as there was no way he would be able to take shots like that.

"To you and graduating huh?"

Darrow blushed a little at the toast to him, but gave the man a small sideways grin. "Thanks." He held up his glass and clinked it against Devyn's with his tattooed left hand. It didn't get by him how quickly Devyn had down the ale he'd bought him and now he was having a shot. He supposed he couldn't blame the man for wanting to drink. "Hard to believe a turn has passed already." He almost asked him if he was here to celebrate with them, but then decided that was likely a dumb and slightly insensitive question to ask. "Did your daylinghood seem long?" That was a safer question he felt like.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Devyn tried to give the other young man a small smile as they exchanged their pleasantries. The chimera handler was trying to be nice, and Darrow seemed like a nice guy, but he just wasn't really in the mood to be talking to people or anything like that. Obviously he knew he should try and at least be nice, and try and talk to people, but sometimes, well, all the time, that was easier said than done. It hadn't been that long, but Devyn had thought he would at least be able to talk to other people, especially if they weren't talking about Esca. It was obviously way easier to keep his emotions under control when the green handler wasn't being mentioned. Still though, he was being the way he was before he had met Esca. Distant, kind of anti=social. It was not something he had ever thought he would go back to, but here he was. Sooner or later he would get out of this stage, he hoped. Esca had wanted him to be happy, but it was going to take some time before he could even think about being even remotely happy again. Finally the man found his voice. Apparently my reputation precedes me. It's nice to meet you as well Darrow"

After taking the shot, Devyn was content for the time being. His whole thing was not to get trashed. A buzz, something to help him relax and kill the pain just a bit was all he needed at the moment. Devyn studied him for a moment. "Yah I'm sure a Turn feels like forever. I never had to go through any of that with Isamuyn. He found me when he was already past that age." Isamuyn had been two when he and Devyn had found each other deep in the woods. He chuckled to himself. "I guess I already answered that question to. I never did Daylinghood in the traditional sense, so it wasn't really all that long for me. I just learned everything as I went. We did ok, and became a good team, so that's all that matters."

A small smile played on his face as he ordered something else to eat, and another drink. "I'm sure you and Agrow will be a great team to. Besides, the Pack is always welcoming and always needs more members. You guys will fit right in. All of you."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Warmth, a glorious warmth was spreading from his fingers to his middle and everywhere in between. This was not a sensation he was familiar with at all, but he wasn't going to say he hated it. In fact, he was rather liking it. Thankfully, he wasn't so far feeling the drink that he couldn't pay attention to the man talking to him. "You didn't have to go through daylinghood?!" He asked with some surprise. "Consider yourself lucky. Double lucky. I doubt that it is very rare for bond to one of these amazing creatures in the wild." Darrow said with amazement. He hadn't heard of anyone bonding to a wild day wher, well not directly, he'd heard it could happen though.

"I'm sure you and Agrow will be a great team to. Besides, the Pack is always welcoming and always needs more members. You guys will fit right in. All of you."

Darrow ordered himself another drink and in his haste to comment to the nice things Devyn had just said, decided to down a good portion of it. Oddly enough it didn't seem to have the same bite as before. That was weird, right? Hm...maybe he just liked it more than he thought he did. "Oh, I don' know...I shuppose we will." His voice was already beginning to slur and his posture had gone from a man sitting upright and proper to slumping over and resting his head on his knuckles. "I not much of one for socializing. Alwaysh been more shy than not. We'll do our duties, of course, though." He would never say such things if he was completely sober.

His attention got caught by harpers beginning to play in one corner of the bar area. Darrow, being the musician he was, couldn't help but listen and critique what he was hearing. A couple of sour notes hit his ears and made him cringe. "Esh. That hash to be embarrashing. I shuppose this late in the evening it'sh more likely to have less skilled instrumentalists playing than not." He commented.
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 am

Taking another sip of his drink, blue eyes watched the other young man for a moment. Putting his drink down, the dark haired man smiled, even chuckling slightly at Darrow's response to him not having to go through daylinghood. "I on't know if I'm lucky or not honestly. I mean, well, I'm lucky to have Isamuyn, but I kind of got thrown into this. I didn't have the kind of training and classes and stuff that you guys had. It was nice not having to go to classes though, I'm not going to lie. Part of me wishes I would have had all that knowledge before had though." Picking up his drink, the handler quickly downed the rest of it, content for the moment. Instead of another drink, he just ordered water for now. Having a buzz was good enough, but he didn't want to get totally drunk, that wasn't really his plan at the moment.

It seemed as though Darrow was having a good time though. As he spoke to Devyn again, the chimera handler couldn't help but give him a small smile as he heard the slurring in his words. Actually, the younger man had done better than Devyn thought he would. Sure, he knew they were celebrating, and he also knew that they hadn't been able to drink at all during their daylinghood. Shaking his head Devyn smiled. "You don't need to doubt yourself. You will fit in just fine, no matter what." For a moment, his blue eyes became unfocused as Darrow talked about being shy. Devyn had pretty much been like that before he had met Esca. Focusing back on Darrow he said, "Don't sell yourself short. I was pretty shy when I first got here too, but Isamuyn has helped me alot with that. I'm sure Agrow will do the same for you."

Music floated to his ears and he ordered one more drink for now. Raising it up to his lips, he stopped short when he heard Darrow's voice. Before Devyn could stop himself, a laugh came from him. "Well I guess you have a point. This late at night they probably figure everyone is too drunk to even care about the music, so they just find anyone they can." Chuckling he continued, "At least you have a good ear for music on you there."
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:03 am

Darrow nodded his head, but the movement was over-exaggerated thanks to how much alcohol was now swimming around his brain. "I'm glad he found you too. I'm glad all of ush was luck enough to catch our...-hiccup-...bondedsh eyes." He could appreciate the necessity of lessons though. Most of his life had been spent learning something. This instrument, that instrument, how to sing this way and that way...the few opera's he'd done he'd had to learn to play the part of a character. He would have never been able to do any of that if he hadn't trained and practiced until he was to the point he didn't want to do it anymore. While not exactly the same, he could compare how being thrown into being a guard would be more difficult than going through daylinghood and graduating.

"Oh...but I do. I doooo....I always have. Can't help it." Darrow stated in a slur. "Doubting myshelf ish a part of myshelf." His face scrunched together after he said that. "Did that make shense? I don't know...any waysh, my point ish...." Another scrunchy face was given as he scrubbed as his five o'clock shadow. "I don't remember my point. I guess it doesn't matt....OH! Yeah....um... Argow. She'sh great. She tries to get me to be more...social. Like tonight. I washn't going to come t-hiccup-night, but she told me to." The whisky had really gotten its hold on him now. Any ounce of shyness was gone and his normal, super quiet voice was actually speaking at a normal level.

The blackhandler's face lit up at Devyn's compliment. Not because of the compliment itself, but because it meant that he had no idea who he was. It was so refreshing to not be known. Darrow felt as if he was on cloud nine, but that was just the whisky making him feel that way. He turned and grabbed Devyn by the shoulders. "You have no idea how happy it makesh me that you don't know who I am." He stated without further explanation and then let him go, his attention going back to the musicians playing. There were some brave souls that were in front of the stage dancing to the music. Darrow put an elbow on the counter and laid his head on his head with a wistful sigh. "All the timesh I've made it poshible for othersh to dance...I never have myshelf."
Image Image Image Image

Kate

Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:28 am

Blue eyes danced with a type of silent laughter as Darrow continued to talk to him, and continued to slur his words. By now, the chimera handler could certainly tell that the newly graduated young handler was more than just buzzed. Honestly, Devyn had always found it quiet funny to watch other people get drunk, knowing that they were probably going to be in for a rough morning the next day. Of course, it wasn't so funny when it was happening to him. While he knew tomorrow was going to suck for him from drinking to much, this time, he didn't really care as much. Normally he wouldn't let himself get this drunk, but hell, it was nice to forget some stuff, even if it was only for a little while. Devyn pulled himself out of his thoughts and chuckled just a bit. "I would most certainly agree with you there. We are lucky to have been chosen to bond. I didn't see it much like that back when it first happened, but the longer I've been with Isamuyn, the more I think about how lucky I truly am." Unfortunately, it was true that at the beginning of their bonding, Devyn had not really been the most thrilled. The young man always figured that it was because he hadn't really ever been expecting to bond to any kind of majestic animals like these. Since then though, he had really come to focus on how much Isamuyn meant to him, and where he would have been without him.

Lifting his drink up to his mouth, Devyn glanced at the young man over the top of the glass as he spoke. Darrow reminded him so much of himself, it was almost kind of scary. The young man couldn't help but laugh just a little as Darrow talked about his bonded. Argow honestly reminded Devyn very much of Isamuyn too."Well, truthfully, I'm glad she did. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders. Isamuyn always used to push me to do things as well. Go out with a group, go out with a few friends. Actually, he is the one who encouraged me to go on a date, and it turned into more than I could have hoped for honestly." Pausing for a moment, he took and drink and let his thoughts gather. "So in my opinion, let her keep pushing you a bit outside your comfort zone just a bit. You never know what might happen. Even if nothing happens, i think it made me a better person when Isamuyn did it to me."

Quirking an eyebrow, Devyn studied the dark haired young man once again. For the life of him, Devyn could not figure out what Darrow was talking about. "What do you mean you're happy I don't know who you are? Am I SUPPOSED to know who you are?" As Devyn listened to him, it became clear that Darrow was a Harper, but the handler still didn't know what that had to do with knowing who he was.

Dark eyes turned towards him again, then moved back to the dance floor, and then moved back to Darrow. Well, if he never got to dance, maybe he should let him? Downing the rest of his drink, he threw a small smile at the recently graduated man. "Well, dancing isn't that hard, I guess I could show you a thing or two. You bought me drinks and are standing here listening to my sorry ass, so I guess it's the least I can do."