Eggs for dinner - Open for Raffle egg hatching

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ainokesshou
Marks: 1476.00 [Donate]

Re: Eggs for dinner - Open for Raffle egg hatching

Postby Ainokesshou » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:14 am

Tag: Shiravani

"Well, they aren't gemlizards, but they look more like the gemlizards than like anything else," Galana said, running her fingertip gently over the baby lizard. "Six legs, no wings. Definitely more like gemlizards." The large ones were coming out of their eggs too, and they looked much odder than the tiny not-gemlizards. "Those babies don't have wings, either," she murmured, staring at the pair on another table before looking back down at her tiny purple thing. "I'm not sure what sex these babies are. Blues are usually male, though, aren't they?" she pointed out, looking at the Shiravani's pet.

"I would guess yours is more likely male, based on that. I'll have to check a little more on this one, the next time it's awake." She certainly didn't want to disturb it's first sleep, though at least without wings, she probably didn't have to worry about driving it between by irritating it.

"I'll have to wait on naming mine until I figure out its sex," she said, though she was already trying to think of names for her bronze baby.

Tag: I'ent

Strimian shook her head in amusement. There were so many young men in this Weyr who acted like women were the most intimidating creature on Pern. Men who flew around on giant fire-breathing dragons to protect them all from Thread, then acted like she was terrifying. Between I'ent and N'can, she was starting to wonder if she was just coming across as much more aggressive than she intended. She knew that the southern culture was very focused on women as authority figures, and that plenty of the riders were from this continent...

I'ent's coloring was a bit darker than the average northerner, so that was probably it. Still, he'd been in this Weyr for at least a few turns now. Surely he felt on an equal footing by now? Maybe those childhood expectations of mistreatment were particularly difficult to shake.

Maybe she actually HAD been coming on to N'can too strong. She hadn't meant to scare the poor man. She had just been flirting a bit. Apparently she would either have to give up on him, or figure out how Southern women could flirt without being frightening.

"I doubt they are deformed," she said, idly, considering the greenrider. Maybe she could set him at ease by addressing the subject directly, and asking him for advice. If he knew she wasn't actually pursuing him, maybe he would be comfortable telling her what parts of her behavior were sending danger signals to N'can. "The people at the raffle acted like they would be a total surprise. I have to admit mine is. I'm only guessing at gender, and I don't have a guess about which females would lay eggs, though greens usually aren't good mothers in other lizards, are they?" She frowned at the little lizard-thing. Hopefully that wouldn't mean that she would end up finding a dead clutch of 2-3 eggs buried in the corner of her wardrobe months after they should have hatched.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth       Folith          Zenith
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask

LdyPayne
Marks: 3630.00 [Donate]

Re: Eggs for dinner - Open for Raffle egg hatching

Postby LdyPayne » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 am

He certainly hoped the creature wasn't deformed so it was reassuring to know Strimian didn't think so. Looking up at her when she talked about the Vendors having the raffle, I'ent seemed to recall them mentioning something like that. They were certainly a surprise but now he wondered just what these things were, they didn't look like anything he had seen before. Maybe they were Northern?

"I don't think so," I'ent responded. He had no experience with even the common pets many people kept much less know which ones made the better mothers. "I suppose we'll find out if these are male or female eventually. But they must not mate like firelizards...no wings..maybe they are more like Felines and Canines...At least we know they lay eggs..."
----- I'ent -- // ---Inggharudube - // - Lerina --- // ---Shyran --- // --- R'mia --- // ---Zilelmos Image
Marks Tracker

Return to “Dining Hall”