Tell Me How You Feel ~ [Tag] Shiftergirl/Kalico

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:36 pm

Spring Gems Egg
Copy the code below!

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://www.newatricis.com/images/Games/EggHunt2018/LargeLimeGems.png[/img] 
[b][size=150][color=#852525]S[/color][color=#9f4f29]p[/color][color=#ba792d]r[/color][color=#d4a331]i[/color][color=#eecd35]n[/color][color=#cdcf36]g[/color] [color=#8bd237]G[/color][color=#a4d137]e[/color][color=#bdd036]m[/color][color=#d5ce36]s[/color] [color=#cb9530]E[/color][color=#a85d2a]g[/color][color=#852525]g[/color][/size][/b]
K'rios was exhausted, but even so he still managed to make his way to the dining hall. He needed to eat, considering he hadn't all day, and if he were honest, he wasn't ready to drop company yet. He was feeling lonely, and he needed company. Iktomith knew that when he was feeling like that it was best not to suggest that the two of them could curl up together, because the pewter was well aware that it didn't always help. In fact, during all of their Turns together, it hadn't worked at all. Thanks for the thought anyway, my boy. I'll be up eventually. I just need some time. Find something pretty to curl up with and I'll see you when I see you. That seemed to please the pewter enough, and he remained quiet for the most part after that.

With papers in hand - he had a few Candidate reports to look over, among other things he wanted to read - K'rios entered the hall and let his feed lead him towards the food tables. He was hungry, and that was becoming more apparent the closer he got to the smells of the things that were set out out. Shit, he should have been more careful about his meals, but with all the new Candidates being brought in as of late, things had been busier than usual, and so he'd been kept in an almost constant rush of work. He was going to have to make sure things were kept on hand in other places, where it was within easy reach, maybe have the new friend he'd recently bonded to trained to bring him things when the hunger struck him or he forgot.

With his papers and hides under his arm, and a large tray of food and drink held in his hands, he looked around for a place to sit. Somewhere near conversation so it felt like he had noise and company around him would be good. Finding somewhere, he started to read in between bites of food, and when his tray was empty, he got up to refill it, not realizing he was quite as hungry as he actually was. Eventually he started to look up, rather than read and write, and he realized he was as much in need of conversation as he was in need of the nearness of people. Perhaps I should have sat near someone after all...
Shiftergirl

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:17 pm

After a full day of working, shuffling Meriaths bed, and just cleaning her room, Kalico was tired. Daisy sat on her shoulder, her favorite perch, and chaos flew close as they reached the dinner hall. Poking through the line, they picked different kinds of meat and finally a few veggies for herself. Kalico put her plate down, a little further down the table from everyone, and started to eat. Daisy purred and poked at the few meats she had and chaos chewed a bone she had been given for him.

Looking up from her plate she looked around the room. She had a few friends, but still she sat so far away. Sighing she couldn't quite get the nerve to get up and get closer to anyone for conversation. Poking Chaos she chuckled when he fake snarled and licked her hand. His little claws holding the bone close and tail thumping. Daisy sneezed and wondered around the table to curls with her own bone.
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Ember

Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:25 am

Someone sat close to him. Well, not exactly close, but at the same table. He glanced up to see one of the Weyr's opalriders there, someone he'd seen around but had never conversed with before. She seemed just as lonely as he did, and the papers weren't really holding his attention, so he figured why not? Stacking them up, he tucked them aside before gathering his food on the tray again and shifting down until he was closer to Kalico. "You don't mind if I join you, do you?" Of course he wore one of his charming smiles when he was face to face with her, because how else was he supposed to convince her to take him in as company?

He could hear Iktomith silently chide him for his thoughts, but he quietly teased him in return. A little push and pull in return, something that wasn't all that unusual between them, especially when he was in better spirits after a particularly bitter mood. "I'm K'rios, by the way, of pewter Iktomith." Faranth, let that be enough for now, he just needed to have someone let him talk for a bit tonight. He didn't want to be alone.
Shiftergirl

Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:41 am

Kalico poked at her food for a moment before giving in and scooping it up in a mouth full. By the time the plate was empty she spotted movement out of the corner of her eye. Glancing she watched a man walk to her. He sat across and she recognized him as a rider of the weyr. As he sat in front of her she couldn't help but feel a small twitch of a smile as he seemed to be charming in asking her to sit. "I don't mind at all." She wasn't sure what came over her but for a moment she felt pleased to have the attention of a hands-on man. A small blush creeped up her cheeks and she looked down at her furflits.

She saw the small glaze in his eyes as she glanced up. Figuring he was talking with his dragon she let it go and took a moment to study him. He had papers, looked important, and a knot showing he was the candidate assistant. When he addressed her again she was composed and looked up. "Its nice to meet you. I'm Kalico of Opal Meriath." A proud note filled her voice as she claimed her friends name. "I see you have the knot of a candidate masters assistant. How is that working out for you?"
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Thinking about his work put a smile on his face. "It works out rather well, actually." He took a sip from his mug of wine, glad to have a topic of conversation he didn't mind speaking about. Though he knew he might need to be directed to talk about something else at some point. At least it was something - conversation with another person, that's all he could ask for. "I enjoy being able to help teach the next groups of riders. I only hope that when I do, they turn out well, you know? I don't want to be the one responsible for a class that ends up going completely between."

Hey, now... no thinking like that. I know you're not in sorts tonight...

It'll be okay. I'll be fine come morning.

I know. I just worry when you get like this, that's all.

I love you too, Iktomith.

He cleared his eyes and smiled over at the opalrider again. "Sorry. Sometimes when they talk to you, it distracts you from other things. Where were we? Oh, yeah, canddiate things... but yeah, I like doing what I do. I still fight Thread of course, I don't think Iktomith would like it very much if we didn't. I might like a return to the Wings in full at some point, but I'm content where I am for the time being. We'll see what happens. I just might not take another role right now because of... certain things." He didn't know if she knew of his relation to the Weyrleader or not, and he didn't want to spell it out just yet. Didn't want to have someone cling to him because of it. "But enough about me before I get too deep," he chuckled, grabbing his fork for a bite. When he swallowed, he asked, "Tell me about yourself, rider of Meriath."
Shiftergirl

Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:23 am

As he spoke she toyed with her food. Chaos chased the fork as it dashed across the plate, faking a growl or two and making have at the meat rolls. Rolling her eyes she pushed a few rolls off and let him play with one as the other rolled towards Daisy. To think that a class could go between because they were stubborn, it was a scary thought. Kalico felt the brush of Meriath as she gave her a spoke nudge and she looked up. The familiar eyes glazing over had her grin. It was nothing to feel wrong about, not at least what she thought. "I think you will do perfectly fine. I don't see anything happening you won't know about."

As he came out of his own conversation with his dragon she watched him full in the face and didn't turn away. Why should she. Meriath was monitoring the conversation through her. She wanted her to be proud of her. "Well when the time comes I believe you will have the courage to be strong of wing again. Sometimes personal things are important to handle as much as the weyr life is."She thought about what she would say. "Well there's not much to tell. My life turned so many directions when Meriath came into my life. She has been holding herself back for turns now." She didn't say that she had been holding back for a mating flight. "We are both maturing in our own way and its a good thing. I help where I need to, mostly with the babies or animals, they are easier to handle and don't judge anyone."

She blushed a little as she thought about what she said at that moment. Letting it slip that she had a little bit of a not really issue but, didn't like to be judged in her feelings.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:17 am

K'rios nodded in understanding. It was easier, often, to work with children, dragonets, or animals than it was humans because you didn't have to worry about judgement from others. Like right now, he worried that he would receive judgement for the way he was acting. He wasn't often like this, it was rare when he was, but he worried that going to his friends might get him a look. Little did he know that it would only receive him understanding and concern. Perhaps that's why he'd been drawn to Kalico in the first place - she was a Wingmate after all. It just made sense that he would sit down with her and open up, just a little bit.

"I understand that. I feel the same way in fact. Hard to believe that I would when I work with "kids" almost every day." He shrugged though, because his problems weren't important, he wondered what was wrong with Kalico and Meriath. If she and the opal were holding back, it could be a problem for the Wing, and it was a concern. He cared for is fellow Wingmates, and while he wouldn't push her, he gave a gentle nudge to let her know he would listen. "I know we haven't exactly talked before, but we're here now. The rest of the Wing isn't around... if you want someone you can speak to in confidence, I'll listen. What you say won't go beyond my ears, or Iktomith's... so to say."
Shiftergirl

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm

The worry she was being judged just then crossed her face and settled in her gut. She had spoke a little more then she wanted to. She wasn't aware that she may not be in fact judged but instead agreed with. Her cheeks turned a rosy red and she fidgited with her hands. She opened and closed her mouth almost like a fish a few times before she froze as he spoke and sgreed. "Yes, everyone has a small part of judgment in them, children and animals, dragons, lizards, they are wholly for those they adore, and never judge."

His words of encouragement made her smile. Not a small or fake smile, but a real smile. She didn't have but a few who she could talk to, and they seemed to be busy these days. Expecially when it comes to weyr life. "I do thank you for that. " she thought about what she could say but nothing came to mind. However she did relax and the conversation could go anyway.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 am

So they were in a more comfortable company with one another. It begged to question that they try and relax and enjoy the rest of the night as Wingmates and friends then. K'rios spread his hands on the table, feeling all the better for Kalico's companionship, and he'd be sure he thanked her when they finally parted ways, whenever that was, however long they spent time together. "You know, I just realized, for all the time you and I have been in a Wing together, we really don't know that much about one another. I think we should change that, don't you?"

It seemed like a very logical and safe point of discussion to him - share a little here, share a little there, not too much to be uncomfortable with but just enough that they got to know each other better. Made perfect sense, didn't it? Only, he didn't want her to feel pressured into such a topic, and so he was quick to add to it. "I can start if you'd like. We can go back and forth - a little about me, a little about you. I was born Kanarios at old Atricis to Riosa, a bluerider, and my step-father, Ka'neron." He tilted his head towards her. "No your turn."
Shiftergirl

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm

Kalico nodded as he spoke. That was a good idea, after all they worked in the same wing, but barely knew each other. "That's a good idea, if you could start it will make it easier." She waited as he spoke and watched him to see if he was sure about what he was offering, after all, it meant they could get really personal if it went that way. She shivered about the thought it could go that far, but she didn't let it completely stop her, she needed this confidence, and in the back of her mind she could hear Meriath was happy for her.

She listened to him tell her about his heritage. To think he had a blue rider parent, it didn't startle her, she wasn't sure about her own line. "I was raised in Benden Weyr, my father is Am'oca a brown rider. My mother is Kalina, a hold woman. I transferred to Atricis at 9 turns. Now I'm here, riding a Opal." She smiled at the thought and memory of her impression, what a wonderful memory it was.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*