In the Planning Stages (Open)

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Marks: 1220.00 [Donate]

Re: In the Planning Stages (Open)

Postby Lanni » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 am

Nizi kept a smile on her face as the bronze rider went on to explain his own family dynamics. Nodding at a few points in his story, the Pyrite rider felt her smile shift into a knowing grin. It seemed that luck had given her a co-conspirator tonight if Niz could play her cards right. It would be nice to have a new set of eyes and new ideas for her pranks... even if she had to tone them down a bit as not to disappoint a ranking rider. His oath to keep pestering the Holders set off a happy chuckle in Nizi's chest as she raised her hand to mimic his words.

When Fox took her comments about her status as a Pyrite rider in a different light, Niz was confused at first. Did others really think that she wasn't content with her role at the weyr? She knew she and Farrie weren't as popular or as known as a higher pairing would be. To be honest she liked that little fact. It helped her hide more than a few times when her pranks went awry. Just as she was to open her mouth and correct the man, Fox spoke up again about not having enough ale. Blinking at the sudden change in topics, Nizi reacted without much thought. Flagging down a half-familiar face and offering the youngster the well-known signal for more to drink, Nizi didn't offer her thoughts until the youth was on his way.

"It's not that Farrie and I are unhappy, bronze rider," She started with a grin trying to hide behind a stern look. "It's more that most folk don't know what to do with us. There aren't many pairs like us. Some days it feels like we're just as rare as a queen pair... except no one expects us to lead. Faradeth and I are content to keep to our playful role. Good for morale, you know," She finished just as the kid returned with a cool pitcher of ale.

Marks: 2437.00 [Donate]

Re: In the Planning Stages (Open)

Postby Parker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:54 am

Fox watched as the young lad ran off to get them more ale. He remembered when he was that age back at High Reaches. He always loved having dining hall duty. Getting to serve the older riders their meals and drinks as he listened in on their chatter. His father's table had always been his favorite spot to stop for awhile. Didn't hurt that his father made sure to include him in on the talk. Talk which only made him wish to be a rider even more. Shards how he missed the man still. He was sure he would always miss him, but in doing so he would always learn from him as well and try to be as good a man as he was.

"Play is good for morale." Fox agreed whole heartedly. "As long as you are happy that is all that matters. I can't say that I have run into that many other pranksters like myself. It is quite refreshing to know I am not the only one out there keeping people on their toes." He said with a chuckle. Then, the young lad returned with their ale and refilled their glasses. Fox thanked him and took a long sip of the refreshing drink.

"Well then....shall we discuss what our first prank shall be?" Fox asked and then leaned in closer over the table.

(I think we can probably wrap it up, don't you think?)
Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith

ImageImage Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | Locke & Wraith | Darrow & Argow

Image Image ImageImage
Najden & Weisden | Ferghas & Fersk | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Candidate Corbin
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Return to “Dining Hall”