In the Planning Stages (Open)

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Lanni
Marks: 2462.00 [Donate]

Re: In the Planning Stages (Open)

Postby Lanni » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 am

Nizi had taken a moment to snag a bite or two when Fox asked a few questions. A sheepish grin came to her face as she chewed her latest bite with exaggerated movements. "I think I got a bit of everything," She admitted once her mouth was empty again. "Can't say I have a favorite food but I love planning the simple things. Tricks I mean. Like salt instead of beet-sugar in a shaker. Fiddling with laces can be fun too if you don't get caught!" Niz went on to say before snagging another bite. "Though, my favorite ones tend to be group pranks. I pulled one turns ago on my brothers. Turned them all sorts of colors for days!" She added with a nostalgic giggle.

She paused then to offer her moonstone lady a bite of meat. While she held the warm morsel in her fingers, Niz took a moment to look over her companion. Raising one brow she asked, "Are you sure I've never pulled on you? You're not looking for revenge are you?" Nizi's face took on a look of comical fear as one hand came to her throat. She knew she was over-acting and could come across as a bit childish, but what was life without giggles?

Image x4
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Parker
Marks: 4390.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:35 am

A reflective look came over Fox's face as he remembered some of the simpler, but still fun, pranks he'd pulled in the past. Things like hiding shoes or articles of clothing when a person was in the bathing chamber or switching out a drink for straight lemon juice. Those were easy to do and generally got a great reaction. "Yeah, those are fun. Can't say I blame you there. Last big group prank I pulled was on my weyrling class. I got up super early one morning and hid everyone's oil. My bronze didn't think it was very amusing, but I did." Fox had been rather young when he was weyrling, but honestly he'd still pull pranks like that.

With as straight as of face as he could muster, Fox looked at her seriously before he stated, "You got me. I am solely here for revenge." He paused and fell silent while keeping the straight look on his face. Finally, he broke it with a chuckle. "Nah, I'm kidding. I swear you've never pranked me before. I know this because I don't think anyone has ever pranked me before." It was a boast and it was one he was proud of. Almost as proud as he was to be a bronzerider. Almost...not quite, but of course nothing was better than being chosen by a dragon of Pern.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Lanni

Postby Lanni » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:56 am

Nizi thought that her over-the-top acting had been a give-away that she was playing. For most it would be a clear sign that something was up.... So when Fox mentioned that he was sitting with her to exact revenge, Nizhoni felt the color draining from her cheeks. Had she really pranked him that badly? How was it that she couldn't remember doing such a thing? Her mind raced over various pranks she had pulled recently.... Only for her mind to come to a screeching halt as his words trickled over her over-acting thoughts.

Was he bragging? Blinking at the male in front of her, Nizhoni tried to make sense of what was going on. Somewhere Niz knew that he was probably playing with her too but... Really? No pranks at all? "None? Seriously? Are you sure?" She blinked as her mind went blank. 'How could anyone survive in the weyr without someone pranking them?" She whispered before she realized she had spoken aloud. "There's too many of us not to have been pranked at least once!" She added a bit louder as her shock continued to shine on her face.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Parker

Postby Parker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 am

The look on her face was not hard at all to read. She had no idea if he was pulling her leg or if he truly was there to get some sort of revenge. She was safe from that....even if she had pranked him so bad that revenge could be sought for it, Fox was not the sort to hold a grudge for anything. A part of him was beginning to worry that she would not believe that he was only teasing, but soon enough the glows kicked on and the look on her face changed to that of understanding and then swiftly to disbelief.

Fox laughed before taking a sip of his drink. "Really. I promise." He assured her and crossed his heart with his finger. "Now, I didn't say that no one ever tried to pull a prank on me. Many tried and a few of them almost got me, but so far my luck has held out." He would be the last person to claim that he was fairly wise guy, but having some wits about him certainly has helped him to get out of some pranks. "Now don't go taking that as some sort of challenge to try and prank me. Right now we are just two friendly people having a lovely conversation." He said playfully.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Lanni

Postby Lanni » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 am

Nizhoni sat in front of the bronze rider with her shock still shining on her face. It truly was hard for the prankster to believe that not a single prank had been successful against his luck. In her turns of pranks and jokes, Niz had never come across such a situation. Blinking as her mind tried to catch up with the world again, Nizi nearly missed the tail end of his words. A challenge? Now that had caught her attention. Filling that tidbit away for later thoughts, Nizi hoped that her demeanor didn't give away her inner plots. "Right... No a friendly conversation is just the thing tonight," She admitted trying to keep her face from expressing anything other than a polite smile.

Thankful that K'rios or her foster-brother hadn't come across them to give her game away, Nizi tried to steer the conversation away from pranking -as hard as it was for the playful lady to do so! Scrambling mid-thought to come up with a new conversation piece, Nizi took a moment to steal a new bite to chew on. Once she swallowed, Niz had a good topic to start, "If you were to plan your own prank what would it be?"

Well...

She tried to steer it away from pranking! Maybe she could pick the Bronze rider's brain for new ideas for her own catalog.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 am

Fox knew that look all to well. The tiniest bit of a twinkle in the eye and a small, almost unnoticeable mischievous smirk gave it all away. He wasn't surprised though. Him specifically saying 'this isn't a challenge' sort of automatically made it one. That was alright, though, she could try to prank him if she wanted. He welcomed it. Maybe she would be the one to finally get him good, but then again maybe his luck would hold out.

"If you were to plan your own prank what would it be?"

"Plan my own prank? Hm?" Fox asked as he stroked his chin in thought. "I suppose the sort of prank that would get me either a lot of marks or a delicious meal." He answered with a chuckle. "I don't know though, honestly. No one has ever asked me to plan my own prank against myself, so I can't really tell you what I'd do." How would one prank themselves? Most of his pranks were so spur of the moment without a lot of planning. He would see an opportunity and he took it.

"What about you? What prank would you pull yourself?" He asked her curiously.

Lanni

Postby Lanni » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 am

The pranking Pyrite pixie paid close attention to the bronze rider's words as he answered her question. While he misunderstood what she had wanted, the man's reply gave insight to the man's mind-set. Filing away the reply for a later dissection, Nizi smiled at the man when he returned the query. "A prank on myself? It would have to involve something embarrassing, I think," She began, "After all I'm sure I've embarrassed several folks over the turns!" She finished with a happy laugh as she mulled the question a bit longer. "Well... I think I would have to have it be done in public. Something like losing my pants or ruining a good shirt in front of a crowd." A firm nod and a determined light in her dark eyes proved that Nizi was being serious about this idea, "Yeah, something that would make folks laugh but would bring a blush to a holder-girl's face. That would be the best sort of self-prank that I could pull."

Taking a moment to stuff her face a bit, Nizi gave the bronze rider time to digest her reply. Mitzii took her pet's quiet moment to slide down Niz' leather-clad arm to settle on the Pyrite rider's wrist. Offering a bite to the Moonstone, Nizhoni had to admit to the bronze rider, "Mitz and Faradeth wouldn't like it though. Fara wouldn't be able to see everyone's reactions," She explained with a far-off look of someone communing with their dragon. "Mitzii on the other hand wouldn't like me embarrassing her." Trailing one finger along the tiny firelizard's back, Nizhoni waited for the man's response to her ideal prank.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Fox shook his head and chuckled. "You are a braver soul than I am. Here I said I would pick pranks that would leave me either richer or fuller and you're only worried about making people laugh." He stated with appreciation. Call it male pride or him having enough of an ego, but he didn't like the idea of embarrassing himself at all. "Oh ho....I see. Something that wouldn't embarrass you, but would embarrass people like holder girls. Not too many of those around here, though." Fox could appreciate making the stiff, hide-bound, holders blush. Really, why were they so up tight? That was no way to live life, not in his opinion anyways. "Holders are too stiff for their own good. Of all the types of people they need to be pranked the most often."

"Does your dragon like the pranking?" Fox asked curiously. He would assume that if she wanted to see people's reactions then she did like it when her rider pranked people. "Mnenomth can't stand it when I prank people. He says that it is too childish and not the way a proper bronzerider should act. Not that I always listen to him." Fox's pranking habit had lessened quite a bit since impressing to Mnenomth. That wasn't a bad thing, though, as he had really done too much pranking before he impressed. Thanks to his bronze he had a better balance of fun and hard work. The same could be said for Mnenomth. The bronze was a serious creatures, but thanks to Fox he knew how to lighten up a little.

Lanni

Postby Lanni » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 am

Nizi took a few moments to go over the bronze rider's comments as she took a few bites of her meal. Mulling his words over in her head, Niz could feel her other half chuckling at the thoughts in her head. "Me? Embarrassed? I've gotten over most of those sorts of things turns ago. Growing up with five older foster brothers tends to cure a girl of such things," She answered with a smile. "Of course there still are a few things that bring a blush to my cheeks but rarely am I truly embarrassed any more. And you're right about those holders. Some days I just want to shake them up a bit just to get a reaction from them!" Niz added waving a speared chuck of meat on her fork.

Taking a brief moment to down the waving morsel, Niz touched back to her Pyrite friend. "Farrie? He's my planning partner if the prank is easy enough. Doesn't have the best memory, you know? But that doesn't slow us down! I'm the brains, Mitzii is the look out and Farrie is the muscle. We work hard when the time calls for it, Faradeth wouldn't let me slack off. We just know when to let our hair down, so to speak. Guess it's a perk of being a Pyrite pair. No one really expects a lot from us," Nizi ended on a thoughtful note as she began to wonder why they were allowed to get away with more things than most. "Huh... Guess we get away with more pranks than I thought!"
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm

"Yikes, that is a lot of brothers. I understand completely now. Young boys will stop at nothing to try and embarrass girls. I know, because I was one of them. Good for you for becoming stronger for it and not needing mindhealer sessions for the rest of your life." Fox said with a chuckle. "I only have two siblings, older brother and younger sister. We use to give her quite a lot of grief too...but then she started being a little shit like we were, so she became an ally." He was a creche child, of course, so were his brother and sister, but their parents had made sure they were in the same unit of the creche so they could be raised together. "It probably isn't the nicest of us to want to shake up the holders like that, but...we know the truth. It's good for them." Fox raised his right hand. "I hereby swear to continue terrorizing holders...for their own good."

"Hey now. Don't sell yourself short. Pyrites are just as important as bronzes. Maybe you're just better at pranking than you think you are and as such, are able to get away with more." Fox didn't like to hear anyone putting themselves down...even if they weren't doing it in a woe is me way. Every person in the weyr had their roles to play and that was important. A snide remark from his bronze came to him then, asking him why he wasn't doing more to play his role as a leader. Fox sighed internally and didn't respond. He'd never really been the leading sort, but of course he got picked by a dragon with ambition. He suppose eventually he would stop doing the bare minimum and step up his game. He owed his bronze that much.

"Well, will you look that. I'm out of ale." Fox stated sadly as he tipped up his glass to find that it was empty.

Return to “Dining Hall”