In the Planning Stages (Open)

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Lanni

Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:50 am

*~Nizihoni of Pyrite Faradeth~*
Nizhoni had a few spare moments before her foster-brother expected her to join him for their weekly family meal.While Daezul wouldn't hold it against her if she didn't show, it became a touch-stone of sorts for the prankster to spend a few hours with her family. While the world was shifting around her, the guardsman, his weyrmate and their daughter was a constant in Nizi's life. A rock that kept her grounded even as Faradeth helped her to fly. A happy sort of smile came to her face as the brunette settled into their favorite table. She knew that while she was early, but it was rare that Dae and Zhoni arrived on time. With that thought in mind, Nizi pulled out a worn scrap from one of her many pockets.

While worn and well-used the scrap wasn't all that old to begin with. Only a few weeks ago the scrap had been fresh and crisp but the constant ware and use had softened and creased the piece until most would think that Niz had had the scrap for turns. On this little scrap, Nizhoni had scribbled all sorts of important notes and ideas but to most it would seem childish and a bit hard to understand. After reading her scrap for a few heartbeats, Nizi took out a carefully wrapped charcoal stick and began to jot down a few more notes to jog her memory later.

Just what was the Pyrite rider working on? Why pranks of course! There were several new weyrlings for her to break in and the former cook's helper didn't like to repeat her pranks for the same weyrling class. She did have a few golden oldies that she relied on but when the young woman had time she was always dreaming up new schemes. This evening was no different and soon her hands had smudges of coal dust all over them. Mitzii scolded the woman from the Moonstone's perch on the lady's shoulders but Niz turned a deaf ear to the familiar sounds. "Hush, Mitz,' She murmured as she waved one smudged hand towards the small creature. "Mama's thinking," Niz muttered as she scratched at her chin with the now free hand. Unaware of the markings now lining her face, the Pyrite rider continued to plot and plan her next big bout of fun.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:07 pm

"What? That cannot be true." Fox said incredulously to his wingmate.

"I swear on Benavu's tits it's true!" The bluerider said with excitement. He was a Walled native, so some of his exclamations and sayings were a bit odd to Fox who was most certainly from the north. "My sister heard it from a good friend of hers. She wouldn't lie about something like this. I mean...can you imagine?"

"No, I cannot imagine...which is why I think you're telling me a lot of bullshit." Fox stated again as the two of them got food and drink.

"Look man...I don't know what to tell you, but it's true. She's cheating on him." The man continued to argue with him. "I promised my lady we'd eat in tonight, so I gotta run. I'll catch you later." He gave Fox a slap on the shoulder and then ran off.

Fox shook his head, still not believe it, but then...he didn't know her like he did. Not that it really mattered. Who slept with who was certainly none of his concern or really any of his business. Still pondering it though, he began to look for a spot to sit and eat. It wasn't too crowded yet, so there was a few options. He picked out a seat and began to head that way.

As he did so someone at another table caught his attention. He had to stop and do a double take before he realized he had saw what he saw. A small chuckle escaped him and he had to stop and inform the poor woman of her predicament. "Um...excuse me. Sorry to bother you, but you have something on your face." He informed her.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Lanni

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:19 am

Despite Mitzii's chattering in her ear, Nizi knew she was making headway on a new idea. While the main goal of this new prank wasn't quite clear, the prankster could feel the underlying energy and purpose of the pieces laying in front of her. Raising the same coal-stained hand, Nizhoni was about to scratch idly at an itch when a male voice broke into her train of thought. "Hmm?" She asked raising her brown eyes away from her planning. "My face?" She mimicked back as a frown creased her brow. Instinct had her free hand drifting up to wipe away what she thought would be crumbs or a bit of dust. Little did she know that she had only smeared the coal-dust even more.

With a hopeful expression dancing on her face, Niz tried to meet the man's gaze. "Did I get it?" She asked still ignoring the Moonstone lady on her shoulder. Mitzii on the other hand could see the mess her human had made of her face and was concerned. Would the other human understand? Would the pale flit have to defend her messy human? Deciding to take matters into her own claws, the pale lady nipped at her friend's exposed ear and moved to nudge the smudged cheek closest to her. "Mitzii!" The woman cried out as her stained hand moved to bat at the nibbling menace. "What was that for?" She asked nearly forgetting their audience.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:31 pm

"My face?"

Fox nodded. "Yeah, it looks like you have dirt or maybe charcoal on your cheek...a little more left." He tried to help direct her hand as she made to clean her face. Unfortunately that only made the mark worse. His then noticed the reason that only made it worse was because it was her hand that had the charcoal on it. He couldn't help but laugh at her a little bit, though he certainly didn't mean it in a insulting way.

"Did I get it? Mitzii! What was that for?"

He laughed once more as he sat down his tray of food and drink. "I think she's just trying to help you get it off your face, because no it is still there." Fox pulled out a clean handkerchief. He dipped one of the corners on it into his glass of water. "Here... this might help a little bit. Might want to clean your fingers off first. Seems like they are the ones making most of the mess." He said as he offered her the damp handkerchief. He took a seat opposite side of her. This spot was as good a place as any to sit down and eat and at least now he had someone to talk to since his wingmate had gone home to eat with his weyrmate.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Lanni

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:25 am

Nizhoni could feel her cheeks heating a bit under the mess as the man's low chuckle filled the air. It wasn't a mean laugh as far as Niz could tell but rather one that sneak out of a person at a child's actions. Never letting her smile falter, Niz was glad that she could bring such a laugh from him even if it wasn't intentional. Even as Mitzii scolded her for the batting, Nizi found that she was glad that her mishap had been caught by a friendly person. At least he isn't a bully or snobby-bratling, Niz thought as she offered the damp bit of cloth. "Thanks," She offered aloud as she felt Faradeth's sleepy laughter bubbling in her mind. However, instead of washing her fingers off on the cloth first, Niz took a moment to brush the dirty digits against her already stained riding leathers. Once she was certain that the majority of the coal was gone, the brunette took the man's advice and finished the job before moving a cleaner section to her cheeks.

After a few seconds of vigorous scrubbing and more than a few nudges from the pale flit, Nizi hoped that she had gotten the worst of the mess off her cheeks. "There," She stated with a smile, "Did I still look like a grubby urchin?" She asked striking a silly face. Leaving her tongue stuck out at the bronze rider, Nizhoni waited to see what the result would be. A part of her hoped that her playful mood would spur the man on to continuing their banter. It was great fun to tease but it was a rare thing for Niz to find someone willing to play the game with her.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:36 pm

Fox watched as she went about cleaning her fingers and her face with the wet cloth he provided. As he stood there...staring at her...he realized that it probably looked rather odd him standing there staring at her. He really didn't have any other plans for his meal beyond eating alone. "Mind if I have a seat?" He asked. Once she gave him a nod that it was alright, he sat down oppoiste of her.

"There," She stated with a smile, "Did I still look like a grubby urchin?"

"Ooo...oh no. It's dangerous doing that. Didn't your mother ever tell you that you'll face will stick that way?" Fox asked with mock severity. "I mean...look at this. It use to not be so horrific. I promise you that." He gestured to the entirety of his face. Obviously he wasn't being serious, but it was fun to play around. "You did get all of the charcoal off though." He assured her.

"My name's F'lin by the way. I'm attached to Bronze Mnemonth. Most people call me Fox." The bronzerider said and held a hand out to her over the table.
Image Image Image Image

Lanni

Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:39 am

A giggle that sounded just a tad too childish left the woman as the bronze rider chided about her silly face sticking. "Mama Adae did warn me... Though I doubt that your's has frozen at all!" She teased back with a wide grin. "C'mon and join me, Fox. I'm almost certain my brother and my niece have forgotten me again," She lamented with another playful look coming to her face. This one was meant to be one of exaggerated sadness at the thought of being forgotten.

"I'm Nizhoni of Faradeth," Nizi offered in return as her own hand came to meet his. "Folks call me, Niz, Nizi or Trouble depending on what I've been up to." A brighter gleam came to Nizi's brown eyes as an idea came to her. "You see, I'm a notorious prankster. Can't help myself. Been this way since I was a sprout." She shrugged her shoulders unconsciously, "Don't think I wanna change to be honest. Life would get too serious and boring, ya know?" Barely pausing to take a breath, the Pyrite rider continued, "I've been trying to come up with new pranks. Can't seem to get any fresh ideas though...."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:48 pm

"Oh well thank you. You are too kind." Fox stated with a small smile. He couldn't say that he was particularly fond of his own face. It wasn't horrible and certainly served it's purpose, but he still didn't love it. He's nose was too big and too round. His hair never did what he wanted it too and his overall face was a bit too boyish. "Oh no. I'm sorry they have forgotten you. I certainly don't mind keeping you company then. Until they come or don't come." He offered as he took a seat opposite of her.

"It is a pleasure to meet you then, Nizi." Fox used one of her nicknames. She'd used his so it was only polite he do the same. The bronzerider took a bite of his food to calm his growling stomach and then washed it down with a sip of his ale. His eyes widened with amusement and approval as she let him in on the fact that she was a nortorius prankster and was currently working on trying to figure out new pranks.

"Is that so? Well then I am happy to say we have something in common." Fox began and then took another sip of ale. "I've been known to pull a few pranks in my time. You know...on people who deserve it...those that are taking things far to seriously. Never to really hurt anyone though." He'd been pranking people for quite some time, since he was old enough to.
Image x6 - counted
Image Image Image Image

Lanni

Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:26 am

Nizi's smile only grew as the bronze rider settled into the seat in front of her. At least until she noticed the plate of food Fox placed in front of them. Placing one hand over her now talking tummy, Niz tried to distract herself by listening to the male rider. "Oh of course! I don't intentionally set out to hurt someone... but I have to be honest. There have been a few times folks have over reacted to my pranks. It's hard to tell sometimes when folks are truly scared of things you know?" She rambled on all while eyeing the food in front of her. Forcing aside her hunger for just a few more moments, Nizhoni spoke up in a conspiratorial tone, "My favorite victims are weyrlings. I use my pranks to get them to stop for a few moments to laugh again. Not everything about riding is serious you know?"

Finally giving in to her own hunger, Nizi held up one hand with a bared finger. "Could you hold that thought for a moment? I really could use a plate myself and that ale sounds lovely too!" Not truly bothering to wait for a reply, the pranking Pyrite rider rose from her seat to track down a few of her mealtime favorites. Soon the petite woman was back with a plate of goodies and a mug of stout ale. "There! Now we can both tuck in!" Settling back into her seat Nizi let her plate hit the table with a happy clink. Waiting now for a reply from Fox, Nizi took a good swig of her ale with a happy noise escaping her.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:10 am

Fox shook his head and waved his hand as he couldn't yet speak thanks to the food in his mouth. He swallowed the bite as fast as he could before he spoke. "Right right. I didn't mean to imply that I thought you did it because you wanted to hurt people." He said quickly as he didn't want to offend her on accident. "You're right though. Some people take a good pranking far too seriously." He laughed a little. "Though, I've found that it is the people that take pranks too seriously that are the most fun to prank." Fox was guilty of pulling pranks on people that he thought were too serious. Sometimes the pranks worked to make them laugh...sometimes they did not.

"Oh yeah...go ahead. I won't go anywhere." Fox said as she informed him that she was going to go get her own food to eat. He ate and drank in silence, his thoughts going back to some of the older pranks he had done before in the past. The one where he had switched out his old wingleader's clothes for women's clothes was still one of his favorites. His Weyrleader had not been pleased at all. "Welcome back! Looks like you got some good food there. Pull up a table and rejoin me. What did you get for dinner tonight? It looked like they had plenty of good choices." He asked, making small talk.

"So...what sort of pranks are your favorite? Easy ones, complicated, small...bit?" Fox asked and rattled off a few different sorts of pranks that he had served.
Image Image Image Image