Bottoms Up! ~ Tag: Inakil/Marve

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:16 am

Esca chuckled but was relieved to know that despite being a lightweight, Inakil knew how to hold his liquor well enough to not get sick. "Good to know. I know when I first started drinking I was not the smartest about it. The first time I got drunk I ended up falling asleep in a privvy. Not my fondest memory." He shared with them. A good way to get to know each other was through silly stories like their first time drinking. "What about you two? Good or bad memory of your first time drinking?" He asked curiously.

Esca couldn't help but chuckle at the obvious suggestive tone that the quartzhandler used on the rosehandler. He turned his head to try and not eavesdrop, but it was a little hard when they were all sitting together and Naji wasn't exactly quiet about it. He rather liked doing that sort of thing to Devyn when they were in public as well. Naji loved making Inakil blush like that, but he held off on trying to get more of a blush out of him. Maybe later, but he still kept a hand on his handsome boyfriend in some way. "Oh...uh...I was sixteen the first time I got drunk. Stole it from my father. He wasn't too pleased about that." Naji didn't talk about his father much if at all, but when he did there wasn't a tone of hatred or anything like that. It was the past and that was all it was.

"Bubbly pies? Why would I need them? You're far sweeter." Naji said in a mushy voice.

"Dear Faranth, you two are worse than a newlywed couple. I'll go get us some bubbly pies." Esca said with a shake of his head before he headed towards the kitchen.

Naji gave him a gentle push as he headed off though there was a wide smile on his face. "You'll have your bubbly pies in a moment, love." He assured him, though Esca's words kept bouncing around in his skull. "I like the idea of a Pack event. Once we're all sober we can think up plans." Naji would be more than willing to help Inakil put this thing together.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Inakil cringed when Esca told them about his first time drinking and what happened. That sounded unpleasant, even to his liquored up mind. Inakil couldn't think of his honest first time having some alcohol, but his first time drinking he could remember was that time at the hatching feast with Naji before they were together. He chuckled about the memory, soon distracted though when Naji got all affectionate again, calling him sweeter than bubbly pies. He chuckled, but then laughed full out when Esca responded to the whole thing.

"No, wait, it's not me it's hiiiiim," Inakil called out jokingly, earning a few glances from other tables for a moment as Esca went to retrieve the snacks desired. After straightening himself back up from leaning toward Esca as he left, Inakil nearly plopped himself onto Naji, leaning against his shoulder, not at all caring about the lack of space between them.

"Yesssh, bubbly piiies... Oh! Yeah, we should toootally think of things. When alcohol isn't involved." He gave a resolute nod, hoping to not forget about this after there was no more alcohol swimming in his bloodstream.

"Though, Eshsca's question 'bout first times. Made me think of that feast where I got real drunk. 'Member?" He chuckled again at the thought.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Ari ..::||::.. Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. Tovalia ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin
Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Naia ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Solonia ..::||::.. Letitia ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Reyzia
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:49 pm

Naji laughed as Inakil placed all the blame of affection on him. "Oh right, like you're so innocent. If you didn't love it you'd tell me to stop it." He'd never been one to not show his affections for Inakil publically. Granted, he never went too far, but he didn't care if the entire weyr, the entire world, knew how much he cared about the rosehandler. Naji put an arm around Inakil as he leaned more against him. A kiss was pressed to his forehead as he poured himself another shot.

"Though, Eshsca's question 'bout first times. Made me think of that feast where I got real drunk. 'Member?"

"How could I ever forget that evening?" Naji asked with a wide smile plastered on his face. "You were the cutest damn drunk I'd ever seen in my life and I'm pretty sure I told you that then." Even before they were an item he had not hesitated to compliment Inakil when he could. "That was the first time we'd ever held hands and danced....and kissed." Inakil had been the one to initiate that kiss much to Naji's delight.

"That was also the first time I really understood how special you were. Had you been anyone else I would have tried my damnedest to charm you into my bed, but you...I couldn't do anything so meaningless with you. That's when I knew I was falling for you...even though I tried to deny it for so long. You deserved better than me. Still do." Naji confessed before he stole a tender kiss from Inakil. Esca's words still bounced back and forth in his mind. An idea suddenly popped in his head and before he knew it he asked, "Hey, I have a question for you. What are you doing for the rest of my life?" An impish grin was on his face.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:20 pm

It was nice talking about old times like this with Naji, even if back then Inakil had made a fool of himself trying to keep up drinks with Naji and failing miserably. The morning after that had all happened he had felt so embarrassed by just how downright silly he'd acted, as well as that kiss he had drunkenly initiated. Now though, he looked back on it with fondness and amusement, especially as Naji talked about his side of things. He'd heard a lot of it before, though not the part where Naji admitted to having realized he was falling for him back then on that night. He smiled though, before Naji took a kiss from him that was sweet and tender like the conversation and moment they were sharing together.

"Pfft, I deserve what I want, and tha's you," he responded to Naji's little confession, leaning on him again with a smile. Without alcohol he probably would have worded that more eloquently, but that was about as good as Naji was going to get from him right now. At least, until he asked his next question.

"...What are you doing for the rest of my life?"

"Wha...?" He asked, squinting a moment, trying to make sense of the question. "I dunno, prolly workin' at the creche like usual. I dun plan on ever leavin' Atricis, even if Dolly'd let me." Clearly, it had gone over Inakil's drunk head. But then, there was a moment, where he stopped, squinted again as if it helped him think, and then it clicked.

"Wait a minute," he said so quickly the words seemed to blend together before he pointed a finger at Naji. "Are you suggestin'... Are you... Are you wanting us to be together for the rest of our lives? Is that what that is?" He sounded a bit more sober for that moment as his drunk brain tried hard to work through the meaning of Naji's words.
Ari ..::||::.. Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. Tovalia ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin
Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Naia ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Solonia ..::||::.. Letitia ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Reyzia
Parker
Site Admin

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:35 am

Naji took a sip of his ale to calm his nerves. What was he doing? Well, he knew exactly what he was doing, but he'd never thought that he of all people would be doing exactly that. For all he was nervous there wasn't a thread of his being that didn't believe that this was exactly what he should be doing and what he wanted to do. Everything that he was belonged to Inakil and he wanted it to stay that way for as long as they lived. Plus it was really adorable watching Inakil try and figure out his question.

"Wait a minute. Are you suggestin'... Are you... Are you wanting us to be together for the rest of our lives? Is that what that is?"

Another swig of ale was taken before Naji said 'fuck it' in his head and decided to go all out. He laughed, but the look he gave Inakil was tender and loving. "I'm sorry. Am I being to subtle? I know I do that sometimes. Here, maybe this will clarify things." Being holdbred and drunk there was really only one proper way to express his feelings in his opinion. On his right hand he always wore a ring that bore the sigil of his family. While he was technically no longer a legitimate heir he continued to wear the ring as it reminded him of where he came from and what he was now. That ring he now slipped from his finger as he took a knee before his lover.

"Inakil, you are my best friend and my lover, but more than that you are my life. For without you there would be no me. Before I met you I was a man lost in a cave with no light to find his way out. You became that light to me. It would be my privilege and honor if you would allow me the chance to be that light for you for as long as we both live." It was hard to tell that he was very drunk in that moment other than the slight body bobbing he made as he took Inakil's hand and slipped his ring on his finger. "Will you marry me?"

Esca was almost back to the table when he saw what was going on. He silently got close enough to hear what was being said and waited with a huge grin on his face for Inakil's answer.

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:50 pm

At any other time Inakil likely would have felt embarrassed for not figuring it out so easily. Then again, he probably would have figured it out at any other time, completely avoiding having to work it out in such a roundabout way. Luckily, Naji seemed perfectly understanding that Inakil wasn't quite reaching the correct conclusion on his own, and took it a few steps further to really hit it home. However, at first, Inakil was confused, the weyrbred man confused about Naji getting down on one knee, but only for a moment before it clicked in his mind what was going on. Once it clicked, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped just slightly open.

"Inakil, you are my best friend and my lover, but more than that you are my life. For without you there would be no me. Before I met you I was a man lost in a cave with no light to find his way out. You became that light to me. It would be my privilege and honor if you would allow me the chance to be that light for you for as long as we both live... Will you marry me?"

Inakil had never imagined he'd be in this situation of being proposed to. Shards, he'd never expected it at all, let alone Naji proposing to him. He'd been content with the idea that Naji and him would just be weyrmates, as it was the concept of devotion he had grown up with. Now here Naji was, blasting those expectations to pieces in all the good ways. So shocked he was that he didn't realize that Esca was watching, or that anyone else in the dining hall was watching as well.

"N-Naji, I..." he stammered, his childhood stuttering returning for just a moment in his shock. He felt his eyes water, blurring his vision for a moment before the tears beaded at the corner of his eyes. He cleared his throat to help keep himself under control, the fact he was pretty drunk forgotten for now, even if his slight sway showed he still was drunk.

Then, Inakil laughed, leaning forward, gently grabbing Naji's head between his hands, and resting his forehead against his.

"That was so sweet and corny," he laughed affectionately. "I love it. I love you. Yes, I want to marry you. I want to be with you forever." He continued to chuckle a little, holding Naji close to him for a moment longer. "I love you."
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 pm

Naji couldn't help but hold his breath as he waited to see what Inakil would think. Even his drunk mind knew that marriage wasn't something his love was accustomed to. It wasn't something he had ever imagined he do either and yet here he was on his knee, spilling his heart out for Inakil. Later, when they both sobered up, he would make sure that Inakil was alright with marriage over weyrmating and if he wasn't well...it wouldn't break Naji's heart. Just as long as he could show to the whole world that they were together.

"That was so sweet and corny. I love it. I love you. Yes, I want to marry you. I want to be with you forever. I love you."

As soon as Inakil had chuckled so had Naji. Laughing was a good sign right? Then he got the answer he wanted and a smile split his face from ear to ear. With his head captured by Inakil's hands he leaned forward and captured a deep kiss. It didn't matter to him who was watching or who now was cheering for them both. When he finally released his lips he remembered to slip the ring on his finger. "I can get you a better ring, but this'll do for now." He promised him and then kissed him again.

Esca rejoined them then with a huge grin on his face. "I think some bubbly pies are in order. Congrats you two. That was absolutely romantic and beautiful." He told them both as he served them each a slice.

"Shards, I am the happiest man in the world right now. And it is all thanks to you." He said as he leaned in and stole another kiss from Inakil.

Marvealle
Site Admin

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Inakil was perfectly happy with Naji kissing him so deeply, even in public with people watching, though to be fair he wasn't entirely aware that people were watching until he heard cheering and his cheeks warmed with embarrassment at their audience. It couldn't stop his smile though, or his chuckle when Naji promised to get him a better ring.

Inakil wasn't quite so embarrassed anymore when Esca showed up, grinning for them as he issued his congratulations to the newly engaged couple. He couldn't stop smiling himself actually, and that was only partly the alcohol in his system. Though he did let out a sort of excited squeal sort of noise at the bubbly pie served to them, having forgotten that Esca had gone off to procure them some. Naji stole another kiss from Inakil before he could eat any of the pie, but he smiled again at him.

"I should be saying that to you," he chuckled before eating some of his bubbly pie slice. "This is not how I expected the evening to go," he laughed this time, directing that more at Esca. There was so much for Naji and Inakil to talk about after this, but it would come later, after the alcohol was out of their systems and they were off the initial high of their new engagement, which would likely happen at the same time. For now though, it was good to just enjoy what had happened and bask in their happiness.

{fin}