Bottoms Up! ~ Tag: Inakil/Marve

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:01 pm

The day was slowly coming to an end. Inakil generally had his duties with the creche, but Naji and Weisden often were sent out to guard the territory. They had the pleasure of not having to go by themselves. Greenhandler Esca and Adianca had gone with him out on patrol. While he knew everyone that was in the pack, he'd never really gotten to know Esca that well, so it was nice to get to talk to him and get to know him better. Now they were back and Naji had offered Esca to join them for dinner. He'd accepted and swore to meet them in the dining hall after getting a shower. Naji needed to do the same. He had Weisden get a hold of Inakil and let him know they'd meet him in the dining hall.

It didn't take Naji long before he was greeting his wonderful boyfriend in the dining hall. Esca arrived shortly there after. Food was gotten and consumed quickly, but none of them seemed to be in a hurry to leave each other's companies. "So I come back looking for Naji, who'd promised he was just going to go, and I quote, 'take a quick piss', and what do I find? Naji has managed to get himself caught in those tangle vines that grow so rampart to the south of here. He was struggling like a mad feline trying to get out of them. It was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in awhile." Esca explained between trying to not laugh so hard he couldn't talk.

"Hey now, c'mon. Those vines got the jump on me. That was a battle hard fought, let me tell you. Those fuckers hurt like a son of a bitch. And thank you, Esca, for making me sound so sexy in front of my boyfriend. That's just grand." Naji took the teasing light-heartedly. It was a funny story. He leaned over and pressed a kiss to Inakil's forehead. "I think if we're going to be sharing embarrassing stories then I need a drink. I'll be right back." Naji said before moving off to grab a glass of ale.

"Hey, just bring back a bottle of something. Vodka would be good. I could use a drink myself." Esca said. Naji gave him a thumbs up in response.

Naji grabbed a bottle of something from one of the kitchen workers and then headed back to their table with some shot glasses. If they were doing vodka, then they might as well do shots. Naji. Sorry to bother you, but Micah is in need of a messenger. He asked if we could run for him. Weisden broke into his thoughts. Naji gave a sigh, but he couldn't tell Micah no. Alright, tell him we'll be there shortly. Naji said as he got back to their table. "Sorry guys. I gotta run an errand for Micah really fast. I shouldn't be gone long. Promise. You two don't have too much fun without me." Naji said as he sat down the bottle and glasses before he headed off to play messenger boy.

Esca didn't waste time in picking up the bottle and pouring two shots for himself and Inakil. "How about it, Inakil? Wanna match me shot for shot?" He asked as he slid the rosehandler a shot. "So tell me, how long have you two been together?" Esca asked curiously. He'd gotten to spend the day getting to know Inakil's half better, might as well learn about Inakil better too.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Marvealle
Site Admin
Title: Foxy Prince
Pronouns: Any

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Inakil finished his duties at the creche as the children were called in to get ready for dinner and finish playing for the day. He and Dolly helped wrangle in the children, and made thorough checks around the creche and the creche yard to ensure it was safe and secure. He then waited for the replacement team to come in, a pair of dayhandlers that would have the short watch around the creche until the nighthandlers could come out after dark to take over. After some past events that had shaken the creche and the Weyr, it paid to be careful.

Once relieved, Inakil made his way to his cabin to change out of his work clothes. On his way, Dolly relayed a message.

Naji and Weisden say he will meet you in the dining hall. Esca will be joining you for dinner too.

The sounded good, Inakil thought in return, perfectly happy to have added company for the evening. Because of that though, he made her gemlets stay home, leaving his gemlizard pouch he often wore on his belt in his apartment, and engaging in a miniature fight of wills over making Heart stay. It was better for his little gemlizard fair to stay behind though. Heart liked to squabble with Naji's own little gold Dottie, and while they had learned how to handle it, he wasn't going to subject someone else to the bickering of two gold gemlizards.

He then headed out, and met Naji in the dining hall. Before long they were joined by Esca and the three of them ate their meals. The two patrol handlers ate their meals faster than Inakil, likely due to their patrol duty making them hungry, but Inakil ate too, almost just as hungry from corralling children all day. There was no need to end the evening so quickly though, so they stood and chatted, with Esca soon relaying a particularly humorous story of Naji's mishap that day on patrol. Inakil laughed fairly hard at the mental images of Naji struggling to free himself of vines.

"Aww, you're always sexy, even when being bested by plants," he chuckled and teased before Naji decided he'd need a drink. Inakil still wasn't particularly a drinker himself, but he did socially sometimes, so he was fine with Esca's suggesting to just bring a bottle of something. They were only left alone a little while, but soon they were to be left alone for a bit longer as Naji told them he had to run an errand for Micah. Inakil nodded.

"Hurry back," he said in parting before Esca grabbed the bottle and poured shots for the two of them.

"How about it, Inakil? Wanna match me shot for shot?"

Inakil chuckled. He knew he was a lightweight, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to accept Esca's challenge at first. Perhaps Esca wasn't as much of a drinker as Naji was. So he accepted the first shot poured as Esca asked his question.

"Oh shards, it's been a while," Inakil answered with a chuckle, than had to think of it a moment. "I think... going on five turns now? Wow, time flies," he finished with a chuckle, waiting for Esca to take the first shot. When he did, Inakil followed suit, though he couldn't help the face he made or his shudder at the strong taste of the straight vodka.
Atricis: Next Generation
~..:: Character & Thread Tracker | Marks Tracker ::..~
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:44 pm

Esca gave a long, low whistle of appreciation at Inakil's answer. Granted five turns was not the longest relationship to have ever been, but it was longer than any relationship he had ever been in. Him and Devyn had only been together a little over a turn. There had been a point where he had thought he'd never be in any sort of real relationship, so lasting a turn with Devyn was something for him. "That's a good time. Well then, here is to your first five turns. May there be many more." Esca toasted before he clinked his shot glass against Inakil's before he downed it with ease.

His companion did not seem to have as easy of a go as he did. He knew it was a bit rude, but he couldn't help but chuckle at the face Inakil made. "A bit strong for you?" He asked curiously. Esca was in no way what so ever a big man. He was lean, but fit, and short compared to most men. A general rule of thumb was the smaller a person was the less alcohol they could handle. Well, small he may be, but Esca was no light weight. Far from being near a heavy drinker, he enjoyed a drink or two often and had a good tolerance for the stuff.

The greenhandler didn't waste any time in pouring them both another shot. It had been awhile since he'd just had shots straight like this. Certainly not something he would want to do all the time, but it was fun to let loose and do every once in a while. "How'd you two meet, anyway?" He asked and then realized he might be a little too nosy. "If I'm being too nosy just tell me, but coming from a place that shunned, or worse, people like us for liking our own gender I can't help but be curious about other couple's love stories." Esca picked up his shot glass and gestured for Inakil to do the same. Another clink of the glass and he downed his shot effortlessly.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Marvealle
Site Admin

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Inakil wasn't all that offended by Esca's jest, simply nodding and chuckling in response, being a good sport about it since he knew he wasn't a huge drinker, so he wasn't really used to the strength of alcohol like vodka. He didn't deny the next poured shot though, figuring one more wouldn't be a problem, right?

As Esca asked his next question and then explained his reason for his questions about his relationship. Inakil couldn't help his brief frown at what Esca said though, but he tried to school his features so he didn't look like he was pitying Esca or anything.

"I can't blame you," he said before Esca encouraged them to take their second shot together. Inakil followed his lead, downing the second shot, and shuddering again, but seeming to recover a bit more quickly.

"I've always lived in the Weyr, it's never been a problem here, so sometimes I can forget that outside the Weyr isn't so open. I honestly won't say I have any idea what you might have gone through, because there's no way I would know. Even with my father's initial weirdness when I dated a man for the first time, I never felt I had to restrict myself. That could be why I like both men and women," he finished with a small chuckle, before realizing he was rambling a bit.

"Ah, about your question, we happened to meet in the Archive after Naji first arrived at the Weyr." Inakil decided to not mention the fact that Naji had arrived as a Holder's son, since he figured that was more Naji's place to decide to tell people or not, after being disowned by his father. "At that time I think he was just interested in me superficially though," he said with a chuckle, "He was shamelessly flirting with me, right there in the Archives, and I don't handle being flirted with well so I'm just an awkward, embarrassed mess." He chuckled again remembering it.

"I was also far more socially awkward back then though, I could hardly talk to anyone I didn't know without verbally stumbling all over the place."
Nali ..::||::.. K'rin ..::||::.. M'ir ..::||::.. Raevin ..::||::.. Inakil ..::||::.. Elias ..::||::.. Sterling ..::||::.. Lolena'vas ..::||::.. Rey'vas
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 pm

The greenhandler gave Inakil a friendly slap on the shoulder. "Hey, I won't lie, I'm envious of your up bringing. While I can't blame who I am attracted to being the only reason my father and I didn't get along, but it was certainly the final straw." Esca said with a shrug. He would never forgive his father, but he found he could talk about it now without getting as angry as he use to. "My father's reaction was to publicly shun me and force me from my home, but you know what....I am glad that happened. I wouldn't have ended up here." He poured them another shot and raised it in another toast. "To bad situations working out for the better." Glass clinked and again he downed the burning liquid.

"Naji? Shamelessly flirt? Noooo..." Esca stated in a teasing tone. Naji had a reputation. Okay, well he had had a reputation before him and Inakil became an item. Just because Esca didn't know either of them very well didn't mean he hadn't heard talk and rumors. He believed rumors about as far as he could throw them, but when everyone said the exact same thing it seemed a little more truthful. "I don't think I realized he wasn't from the weyr. I've heard of his shameless flirting, no offense, but hadn't heard that."

He poured them another shot. "Obviously you handled it better than you think. Whatever you were selling, he obviously wanted to buy...and here you both are now. Happy. So cheers to that." Esca said and clinked their glasses together again. He would probably start feeling a little something after that shot, but for now he was okay.

"Well, you certainly don't strike me as ever being the socially awkward type. Perhaps a bit quiet, but that's not a bad thing. I've been known to get lost in thought and ignore speaking to people to. Even my boyfriend sometimes if we're both working on our craft or something. Then again, I've barely gotten to know either of you despite knowing you as part of the Pack." Yeah, he was feeling it a bit. He could tell by how much he rambled.
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:24 pm

Oh no, what shot number were they on now? Inakil realized he couldn't remember after Esca toasted to bad situations working out. He'd already taken that shot though, and now he was trying to remember what number this one was. Four? Five? He was realizing his mistake, but it was too late now. He'd made his mistake, and now he was feeling the affects of his choices.

He chuckled, though, when Esca jested about Naji's shameless flirting, as well as when he made the comment of him somehow handling Naji's shameless flirting in the beginning better than he thought. Perhaps he had a point, even if Inakil just remembered himself acting like a mess of nerves over all that flirting. All the while the alcohol set in more, and he even forgot that perhaps he should have declined the next shot, taking it alongside Esca and only remembering afterward maybe he shouldn't have.

Esca went on some, perhaps in a slightly rambling fashion, not that Inakil was in any state of mind to notice rambling. In fact, Inakil had, at some point, gone from sitting up properly as he usually did, and was slumped forward, elbow on the table, chin in his hand as he listened to Esca, nodding along with him to show he was listening.

"There'sh nothing wrong with shpending time in silence." Uh oh, there is was, the slurring. Inakil was already too far gone now, there was no hope for the rosehandler to keep a hold of his dignity in front of Esca. "Me'n Naji do it all the time, usually readin'." Inakil nodded soundly at that.

"I get what'cha mean though. I could do better 'bout getting to know the others. 'Specially since I work at the creche... Hmmm... Ah!" He sat up straight suddenly, looking more serious for a moment, hands flat on the table. "Maybe we can plan a Pack event'r something! Maybe an annual Pack gatherin' or a sport. Gotta think 'bout this, maybe bring it to Micah." He nodded again, seriously this time, then went back to his leisurely slumped position. Naji was in for inebriated Inakil shenanigans when he got back, that was for certain.
Parker
Site Admin

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Esca was thrilled that he had come along this evening to eat with Naji and Inakil if only for the pure joy of getting to watch Inakil go from sober, to deliciously drunk. The rose handler was absolutely adorable as he slumped with his chin rested in his hand and nodded at everything he was saying. He was not the straying type, but he wasn't dead either, so he could easily see why Inakil was attractive.

"Oh no, nothing wrong at all. You know you can really get along with a person if you can stay in silence with them comfortably." There was nothing worse than awkward silence. That was a good indication a relationship wouldn't last....or so he thought. He'd never been in a relationship like that before. Shards, Devyn was technically his first real relationship. "Wonderful! Dev and I are bookworms too. Maybe we can talk books, all four of us together sometime."

Esca couldn't help but laugh as the slumped rosehandler suddenly sprang to a straight up position in excitement. As if his slurred words weren't amusing enough, his actions only made it better. "I think that's a great idea. I mean we all work together, we should play more together too. I know Micah can be a bit of a hard ass, but I don't see why he'd be opposed to something like that." Yes, Inakil was drunk, but it was a good idea.

"Well well well....you lads starting the fun without me?" A familiar voice spoke behind them. Naji walked back up to the table then with a wide grin on his face as he looked at his handsome boyfriend. "You sir, are very drunk and apparently having a good time." He stated the fact as he leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Esca, I'm going to assume this is your fault." Naji said in a playful accusatory tone.

Esca hung his head in shame. "Guilty as charged. He said he wasn't use to the stuff, but I had no idea he was such a light weight."

Naji chuckled. "That's alright. He's a cute drunk. I suppose I should catch up with you guys though." He said as he picked up the bottle and grabbed all three of the shot glasses. He filled each one and then sat the bottle down. "Bottoms up." One after the other he picked up a shot glass and downed the contents with ease. Once those three was done, he filled two more and downed them. "That should more than do it."
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:27 pm

"Dayhandler book club," Inakil announced happily when Esca revealed that both he and Devyn were also bookworms. They could start a group, talk books and poetry. Who knew there were so many likeminded individuals in the Pack? Well... Inakil really should have known that, he was one of the longest established Dayhandlers in the Weyr, only beaten out by their leaders, Micah and Sheila. He really needed to get the humans of the Pack more together... when he wasn't drunk... he'd think of ideas after that. If he remembered afterwards that is, especially since Esca seemed to encourage on that idea. Soon after though, Naji's familiar voice floated over.

"Naji," he practically squealed as he half spun around to look at him with his goofy drunken grin. When Naji noted Inakil's drunkness he nodded, not at all trying to hide it. "Yeup. Didn' mean to, but before I knew it... it happened." He chuckled.

When Naji grabbed the bottle and the three shot glasses and filled them up, Inakil's eyes widened. Before he knew it, all the shots were gone and then he downed two more! Inakil looked amazed and shocked at this. He knew Naji was a drinker, and could hold his liquor, but shards that was a lot at once!

"Pffft, I'd shay," he slurred. "I'd be on th' floor if I did that."
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:12 pm

Naji laughed and booped his boyfriend's nose with his finger. "That's generally how getting drunk happens. Before you know it. And for you, my scrumptious light-weight lover, before you know it hits you a lot faster than most." He couldn't help but tease him. Naji didn't drink as much as he use to. Funny how being happy and feeling fulfilled in life could make a person not as inclined to drink, but the two of them did enjoy a drink or two on occasion and Inakil could never keep up with him on drinks.

"I'm pretty lit myself, but I don't think I'm feeling nearly as good as Inakil is. Glad I didn't get around to pouring us another shot. Not sure if he could handle it. I would feel awful if I made you sick, Inakil." Esca said to the very drunk man. He watched then as Naji downed four shots in a row. He whistled at the impressive feat and then shook his head. "That is going to hit you very quickly I would imagine."

Vodka was not his favorite alcohol. He preferred a good glass of whisky, but the vodka would do the trick to get him caught up with Esca and Inakil. "Shards, that fucking tastes awful that many in a row." Naji exclaimed and then drank more of his ale to get the taste out of his mouth. It would likely be only a few minutes before he started feeling it.

Inakil's statement put some rather nice thoughts in Naji's mind. "I might still get you on the floor later. Been awhile since we've had fun there." He said in a suggestive tone of voice before he stole a kiss from him. Esca shook his head and turned it away to give the two a semblance of privacy. "So, what have you two been talking about?" Naji then asked as he slowly began to feel the warmth spread to his extremities.
Image Image Image Image

Marvealle
Site Admin

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 am

At Naji's tease and nose boop, Inakil stuck his tongue out at him playfully. He was soon distracted by Esca's words, and waved a hand in a sloppy "don't worry," gesture. "Dun worry, it'd take more than tha' to get me sick." Inakil had yet to drink that much, and he never planned on being so drunk he got sick. Despite being drunk, he tried to always keep tabs on what his body was telling him to try and avoid getting too drunk.

Inakil chuckled at Naji's comment about the vodka. Inakil himself didn't have too many complaints about the taste of vodka, but it was strong enough for him to make him shudder normally, so he really had no room to talk. However, when Naji made his little... implication before stealing a kiss, Inakil blushed. Sure, he wasn't as easy to get flustered or as innocent as he once was, but he was aware that Esca was right there, and that was what made him blush. Just as easily though, the subject, for now, was changed so that Esca wasn't left out or made to feel like an awkward third wheel.

"Talkin' 'bout this n' that. Oh! I'mma talk to Micah about some kind of Pack event fer us all!.... later though... when I'm not drunk." He giggled when he finished saying that, before his mind went to where it usually did when he was drunk.

"We could really use some bubbly pies right 'bout now!"