Life Is Good...Right? [Tag Parker/Esca]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Kate
Marks: 10238.00 [Donate]

Re: Life Is Good...Right? [Tag Parker/Esca]

Postby Kate » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:54 am

Devyn sighed quietly to himself, knowing what Esca was saying was very true. How could he be friends with Ana again, if he was still hurt, and didn't know if he could forgive her for breaking his heart, leaving him all alone? His mind was telling him he couldn't, but his heart was fighting him on it. In his heart, he felt as though there was a chance that he could forgive her, but eventually the rational side of his mind and heart began to work together. A frown appeared once more on his face, and he played with his food as he thought. Finally after Taking a quick drink to distract himself from playing with his food, Devyn glances at his boyfriend once more. "How do you do it Esca? Or, how DID you do it I should say. I know its not easy. Farnath knows Ive tried just forgetting her, but it almost seems like its not possible.."

A small, thankful smile played on the dark haired young man's lips and he reached over and gently took his boyfriends hand, squeezing it just a bit. His eyes and his touch were probably doing a better job of relaying his thanks to his boyfriend than words could do at this moment. It meant the world to him that Esca was going to support him, no matter what choice he made. After a few moments of silence he said, "Oh you odn't have to worry about that Esca. My head is already telling me this is a bad idea. My heart on the other hand, wants me to go for it. So, I guess I'll go for it and just hope for the best? Knowing that it might not work out though does certainly put a damper on things.."

Blue eyes searched Esca's own and he quickly shook his head. "No, you aren't being mean. I understand exactly what you are saying, and I'm honestly grateful to have someone to talk to this about, someone who cares enough to tell me what I need to hear, not what I WANT to hear." Eating a small forkful of food, he listened to what his boyfriend said next, and couldn't help but chuckle just a bit, rolling his eyes playfully. "Well that's good to know, because honestly, I always feel like I want to show off our relationship. Then I remember neither of us are really the showing off type.." Of course, he was only teasing. They could be what they wanted here, and no one would judge them for it. Ok, well, some people might, but the majority of people would just let them go about their business and not care much.

"Esca, I don't know what I would do without you sometimes, I really don't. You are always there to talk some sense in to me if I need it, or just listen if I need to vent. I can only hope that I am there for you as much as you are for me."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Parker
Marks: 4390.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Esca was taking a drink when Devyn asked his question. His brows furrowed together and he gave a quick shake of his head. "Well, to be fair, my case is a bit different than your own." He prefaced before wiping his mouth politely to continue. "My best friend and I had only ever just been friends. There was nothing romantic, at least not on his side. I had always cared for him, but knowing how the holds are I didn't dare express such feelings out loud. However, he eventually did find out about how I felt for him. His reaction was to immediately go to my father and tell him." A frown settled on his sharp features at the memory. "I've never felt more betrayed before in my life. Shortly after that my father publicly disowned me and I left." He gave a bit of a shrug, more to shrug off the negative feelings talking about this particular memory. "After that it wasn't too hard for me to try and forget about him or my father and just...start new."

He did think that Devyn might be walking into a guaranteed heartache, but it was his choice to make and it wasn't as if he wouldn't be there right by his side. "Just don't go doing anything blindly, that's all I ask. If you want to try and be friends with her again I'll support you and be there regardless of what happens." Esca was a logical person so any sort of situation like this he thought about with as much rationality and logic as he could. "What is the old saying? Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That generally seems to be the best thing to do in most situations."

A soft smile was given to his handsome boyfriend. "Hey, I love you. As much as I want to give you what you want, I love you enough to be honest with you. I know you would do the same for me. We gotta look out for each other. That's one of the most wonderful things about being a relationship." He was so very happy that things had worked out the way they had for him. While he was sure he would have been happy with Talen, at that time he really wasn't ready to settle down and Devyn....well, Dev was everything he could ever hope for in a boyfriend. Shards, how different his life would have been if his caravan hadn't been attacked by felines and Adianca hadn't saved him.

"So, I guess my next question would be when do you want to speak to her and would you rather do it alone or have me with you?"
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Kate
Marks: 10238.00 [Donate]

Postby Kate » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:17 am

It took the young man a moment to realize that the two of them had never talked about Esca's life, before he came here. Sure, Devyn had heard the story about the caravan getting attacked, and Adianca saving Esca. Other than that, Devyn didn't really know much about his boyfriend's life before Atricis. It wasn't that they didn't talk, or that Devyn didn't want to know anything about Esca, it was just that the young man had always known that part of his boyfriend's life was something he didn't really talk about. Plus, Devyn was not one pry for information if others didn't really seem to want to give it. Also, there had never really been a reason to speak about it.

Lifting his drink up to his mouth, he quietly set it down as Esca started talking to him. A frown marred his handsome features as he listened to his boyfriend. For a moment, he couldn't help but feel the urge to wrap his arms around him, but for the time being, he refrained. There was no reason in particular reason. It was just more of the fact that he wanted to be able to be there for his boyfriend, listen to him, comfort him, just as Esca did for him. It was really nice to be able to be there for him. Reaching over, he gently took his hand once more, just holding it, caressing it a bit. "I'm sorry all of that happened to you. It must have really sucked. I'm glad you're here though.."

A small thankful smile played on his lips. "Thanks Esca. For trusting me, and for saying you will support me. It means a lot to me.." Of course, he knew that Esca was not thinking he was gong to cheat and go back to Ana. He would never think of doing that no matter what. He nodded and said, "Yah, that seems right anyway? Although I'm sure its been said many times a nd many different ways."

As Esca spoke once more, Devyn gave his hand another squeeze. "I love you too.." A chuckle escaped him and he said, "Well, of course. It's great being in a relationship and always have each other's backs." He took another sip of his drink, thinking a moment about his boyfriend's question. After a few moments he said, "I'm not sure yet. I mean, I know it would probably help my nerves to have you around, but at the same time, I don't want to pressure her or you. SO I'm thinking it might be best if I do it on my own for now. Then after maybe I'll introduce you guys to each other." His eyes moved to his boyfriend's again, "Do you want to hang around, or do you just want to meet me back at the apartment?"
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Parker
Marks: 4390.00 [Donate]

Postby Parker » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Esca really didn't realize that he didn't speak about his past that often. Yes, it did bring up bad memories, so it was better to not think about, but it wasn't as if he was trying to keep his past from his boyfriend. He merely didn't spend time better spent thinking of other things on people he still hadn't forgiven and didn't care for anymore. "Please, no don't apologize. If that's the way they wanted to treat me, then fuck them. I don't need that sort of person in my life. Besides, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have come here and that would have been a travesty." There was still a bit of bitterness in his voice as he spoke. "I wish I could say I have been the bigger person and forgiven them, but...I haven't. I can't say I forgive easily." Over the last few turns he felt he was getting better at forgiving, but for the big things it was still hard.

"Of course I trust you. Silly." Esca said with a chuckle before giving him a wink. "I wouldn't feel pressured, I swear, but that's fine if you want to talk with her by yourself first." He was flexible. After all this whole thing was really Devyn's thing, so he wasn't about to dictate to his boyfriend what he should do. He downed the rest of his drink with a satisfied smack of his lips.

"Well, I am very close to finishing that book I've been reading. I think I'll go grab it and then go to your apartment to read it." Esca said as he got up to his feet. The book was a murder mystery and a very addicting one at that. His nose had been stuck in it the last several nights. He'd even not gone star gazing in favor of reading more of it. "I wish you all the good luck, love." Esca said as he stood up and then leaned over to give Devyn a kiss before he picked up his plate to take to cleaning conveyor belt. "I'll be curious to hear how things turn out with you two."

{fin}
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Return to “Dining Hall”