Life Is Good...Right? [Tag Parker/Esca]

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Kate
Marks: 10238.00 [Donate]

Life Is Good...Right? [Tag Parker/Esca]

Postby Kate » Wed May 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Blue eyes glanced around the apartment, seeing if there was anything else that needed to be done. On such a beautiful day, the young man knew he should probably not be cooping himself up inside, but at the same time, he knew there were things that needed to be done here. With patrols and just trying to make sure he was doing everything he could for the Pack, he had neglected some of the household chores. Not that it was bad really. It honestly hadn't taken him that long to do it once he set his mind to it. A satisfied look came over the young man's features. Everything was where it belonged, and it looked like someone actually lived here now. Well, it always looked like someone lived here, but now at least if he had company over, it was picked up and cleaned the way it should be. He hoped Esca appreciated it when he got home.

Devyn grabbed a book and sat down on the couch, intending to read a bit. There was nothing like relaxing after getting something accomplished. He started to read, but it didn't last very long. For some reason, he just found that he couldn't relax. The chimera handler finally shut the book and got up, stretching a bit. Maybe what he needed to do was go and take a walk or something like that. It couldn't hurt anyway, especially on a day like this. Isamuyn followed him for a bit before he decided to go off and do his own thing since he was sure Devyn was going to be ok on his own. The dark haired young man just shook his head. He had gotten used to how Isamuyn acted, and just let it roll off his shoulders. They were both overprotective of each other, which wasn't a bad thing, but sometimes he didn't think it was really a good thing either.

He took a nice relaxing rest in the forest with a book. That was not really a good thing. Getting lost in a book was something that happened to him quiet often. By the time he realized it, it was already time for dinner, and he had promised to meet Esca. No matter their schedules, they always tried to make time to at least eat meals together. Neither of them had felt like cooking, so they had agreed to meet at the Dining Hall.

Quickly Devyn closed his book and headed to the Dining Hall. Walking in, he looked around for his redheaded boyfriend, a smile on his face. That smile turned to a frown in an instant though when he saw a woman walking towards him, one he thought he would never see again. He tried to ignore it, and just hoped Esca would get here. He didn't want to deal with this at all, but if he HAD to, he'd rather have Esca here.
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Parker
Marks: 4390.00 [Donate]

Re: Life Is Good...Right? [Tag Parker/Esca]

Postby Parker » Mon May 22, 2017 2:05 am

It hadn't been the best of days if Esca was entirely honest with himself. It had started off with a stuffy head, no doubt the result of being caught out in the rain the other day. A hot cup of klah had helped some, but not a lot. After that he had to begin chores and duties. Toady he and Adianca had to first help bring in a head of herdbeast. That wasn't a chore he enjoyed doing when he felt a hundred percent. Still, they had to do it because it was their duty and the beastcrafters counted on them to protect them and the herd. While he and Adianca were with the herd a stampede happened thanks to a green dragon's mating flight. That had been a pain and a half to deal with and one beast had managed to injure itself bad enough that it had to be put down.

After that debacle was done they had headed back to their cabin for a quick hot bath. Esca's sore muscles needed it badly. However, the common theme of misery continued as Adianca reached out to him and informed him that they were going to have to cover some else's patrol. Esca groaned and tried to hide in his bath, but he was too good a guard to really skirt a job needing to be done. Esca did not hurry as fast as he could have, but soon enough he and his green were tacked up and heading out.

Hours later and they were finally back home. He thanked Faranth that nothing too exciting or bad had happened while they were out on patrol, but now all he wanted to do was get to the dining hall and see his handsome boyfriend. Adianca headed to get a meal for himself as Esca headed inside.

It didn't take him too long to find the tall, dark and handsome man who was standing just inside the entrance himself and headed in his direction. "There you are. Shards, you have no idea how happy I am to see you and have this day be over with." Esca stood on tip toes and gave Devyn a kiss.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Kate

Postby Kate » Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 am

As much as he tried, Devyn could not stop the thoughts that were racing around his mind. Honestly, he had never really thought he would see Ana again. They had both went their separate ways, and he had never even really known if she was still in the Weyr or not. Once she had went off with the person she was now in love with, Devyn had done anything and everything he could to get her off his mind, try to forget about her. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to work. Even meeting and bonding to Isamuyn had not completely taken his mind off of it. Even after that, from time to time, he would find his mind still drifting off, wondering where she was, or how she was doing.

Meeting Esca, and trying to figure out his feelings for the green handler, had honestly helped him to think about Ana even less. Still though, every so often his mind would go back to her. He knew it was normal, she had been his first love, but sometimes he felt it wasn't fair to Esca. The man had his heart now, and the two of them were honestly quiet content.

Thinking about the green handler brought a smile to his face, and then a few minutes later, Esca walked in, giving him a kiss. It took him a moment as distracted as he was, but he quickly returned the kiss. A small smile played on his lips and he said, "Oh I think I have a bit of an idea. Probably just about as happy as I am to see you.." Blue eyes looked at Ana again, probably for a bit longer than he should have, before he turned his attention back to his boyfriend. "So, I don't know about you, but I am absolutely starving. Shall we?" He tried not to sound like he was in a rush, to get away from this place so he didn't have to see Ana anymore. He just, didn't know if he was doing any good at it or not. Either way, he gently took Esca's hand and gave it a small squeeze although he didn't want to move until Esca was ready.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Parker

Postby Parker » Fri May 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Esca liked to think he knew his boyfriend well enough to noticed when the tall, dark man was a little off in some way. Like right now he seemed a bit on the panicked side. His initial thought was that maybe he had scared Devyn a bit with his approach, but now he was thinking that the man seemed panicked for a different reason. Still, for the moment he returned the short kiss before beaming a large smile at his tall boyfriend. It was so wonderful to finally live in a place where he could so openly show his affections for who he loved without having to fear about repercussions.

He noticed that Devyn kept looking in a general spot somewhere else in the dining hall. He tried to get a peek for himself, but he couldn't exactly figure out what his boyfriend was looking at. "Yeah, I am absolutely starving and ready to find a seat. Let's go." Esca agreed as he took Devyn's hand and then led them to an empty table so they could sit down in relative peace and eat while catching up on the day.

Esca waited until they were both settled, food and drink in front of them, before he decided to address his boyfriend's attitude. "So...uh...you alright there, Dev? You seemed a bit uneasy when I first came into the hall and found you." He asked curiously and with some concern, because of course he would be concerned about his boyfriend. "You seemed a bit...panicky when I first got here."
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Postby Kate » Sun May 28, 2017 11:15 pm

Devyn couldn't help but be just a bit glad that so far, Esca hadn't noticed him acting weird. Unfortunately, he knew it was just a matter of time. The two of them knew each other well enough by now to know when something wasn't right with the other. The chimera handler knew he better shake it off, whatever was going on. The young man kept trying to get his mind under control, but the thoughts just kept coming. Seeing her had opened up a part of his life that he thought he was done with. He was happy with Esca, but now he couldn't get his mind off of her.

Thankfully, Esca took his hand just around that time, and gave the young man something else to think about. Devyn shot him a smile as they headed over to get their food and drinks. Normally, them standing in line made Devyn a bit impatient. Not today though. Today, he was too busy trying to focus his mind that he didn't even realize how fast the line was actually going. it what seemed like no time at all, the two men had their food and drinks, and found an empty table that was a bit away from everyone else. Not that it was completely secluded, but it gave them a bit of privacy as well. Not that they really cared all that much, but they wanted to catch up with each other. It seemed as though they'd barely had time. Things kept changing, like their guard duties, or something else. They always made time to try and at least spend one meal together and talk.

Devyn had just put a forkful of food up to his mouth when he heard his boyfriends question. Setting the fork down, he frowned a bit. Damn, he had known Esca would have probably picked up on it. All he could do for a moment was stare at him. Finally, he managed to say, "Im alright...just a little confused. I walked here in tonight, and saw Ana. Now, my mind won't get off of her, and I don't know why. I never thought I'd see her again. I just, don't want her to come between us. I don't want to deal with these old feelings, if there even are any. I'm just a bit weirded out by the whole thing honestly..."

Parker

Postby Parker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Esca had taken a large bite of food and was just chasing it down with his drink when Devyn put his fork down and began to explain to him what was wrong. The greenhandler wasn't normally the worrying sort, he was concerned for his boyfriend's well being, of course, but for the most part he really wasn't worried about what was wrong. Being the loyal and trusting sort he really didn't think that Devyn was getting ready to break up with him either, which he knew a lot of people might have been concerned about that. He and Dev had a really good relationship, at least he was more than certain of that.

Even after Devyn had told him about his ex-girlfriend being there he wasn't concerned. It wasn't as if he didn't have his own previous feelings and relationships. "Oh well...yes, that can be a bit awkward." He agreed before taking another drink. "I know why. You can't be with someone, love them, without them affecting you any time you see them. It's just...natural. Nothing to be concerned about...unless you want to be concerned about it. And, of course, she isn't going to come between us. Unless..." Esca gave him a bit more of a serious look then, "You want her to come between us." He really didn't think that was the case. If it was he doubted that Devyn would have told him about seeing her in the first place.

"Trust me, love. You're not the first to have old feelings rise up from seeing and ex-lover and I'll bet my bottom mark you won't be the last." Esca said, hoping to assure his boyfriend that everything was alright. "Faranth knows I would feel the same way if I ran into Mul'rec again and I wasn't even romantically involved with him, just physically." Maybe if Devyn knew he wasn't alone then he wouldn't feel so bad about having old feelings come back. "If you'd feel better about it, we can take our meals and leave. Eat at your place or mine." He suggested.

Kate

Postby Kate » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:39 am

Honestly, it was a bit of a relief to know that his boyfriend knew him so well that he could tell that something was wrong. At the same time though, the young found also found himself wondering how good of a job he had actually been doing trying to hide this from him. It wasn't like he was hiding it for a bad reason though. It had just, shocked the hell out of him. Something like this had never really happened to him before, so he had no idea how he was supposed to act. Plus, his first thought had been how to not make Esca worry. Apparently though, that hadn't worked. Esca WAS worried about him, and as Devyn told him what was going on, his blue eyes searched his. The young man had no intention of hurting Esca, and he wanted is boyfriend to know that. Didn't want him to be worried that he was suddenly going to go back to his ex girlfriend or something like that.

His fork played with one of the carrots on his plate for a moment before Esca's voice made him look up at him. Devyn was certainly glad for the understanding, and glad that Esca seemed to know what he was going through. Besides, he knew it sounded kind of stupid. Everything that Esca was telling him, he should have already known. It was just like his mind shut off, and he didn't even know what to do or think. He listened to the green handler for a moment, the happiness that he felt at Esca's understanding fading just a bit at the last thing he said. Blue eyes studied the man before him intently. "No...of course I don't want her to come between us Esca. You know that, after everything she has put me through, and even if I DID let her back into my life, do you really think I would throw away my relationship with you? Everything we have, I love, and I want to keep it that way.."

Of course, he hadn't said it harshly or anything like that. He didn't want Esca to take it like that. A nod was given at the next thing the green handler said. Esca was right. Devyn was sure he wasn't the only one who had ever had feelings come back. "Well, I mean, I don't even know if these feelings mean anything other than the fact that I'd just like to have her in my life again, even if it is as just a friend.' At the suggestion of leaving, Devyn quickly shook his head. "No, its fine. I'll deal with it, and everything will work out I'm sure.." For a moment he stared at his food before turning his blue eyes back to his boyfriend. "I do have one question for you though. If I DO decide to let her back in, as just a friend obviously, would that make you uncomfortable? Or would you be ok with it? I don't want to upset you, or make you think things that don't really need to be thought."

Parker

Postby Parker » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:57 pm

"No...of course I don't want her to come between us Esca. You know that, after everything she has put me through, and even if I DID let her back into my life, do you really think I would throw away my relationship with you? Everything we have, I love, and I want to keep it that way.."

Esca hadn't meant to upset his boyfriend. It was really more of a rhetoric question than a real one. He immediately felt bad for making Devyn feel bad at all. It was obvious that this was a serious situation for him and thus he should handle it with equal seriousness. Esca got up from his seat and moved over to give Devyn a hug from behind before he turned the man's head so he could give him a deep, passionate kiss. He didn't care who was watching int he dining hall. All he cared about was making sure Devyn knew how much he truly did care for him. "No, I don't think you would throw away what we have. I love you and would do any and everything to make sure our relationship only grows stronger. I'm sorry if I made you think I was really questioning your feelings." He said for his ears only before he returned to his own seat.

"I do have one question for you though. If I DO decide to let her back in, as just a friend obviously, would that make you uncomfortable? Or would you be ok with it? I don't want to upset you, or make you think things that don't really need to be thought."

He couldn't stop the quizzical look from spreading on his face. "Well...I mean. I don't know..." Esca began, but then trailed off for a moment in thought as he pondered the question. "I suppose I wouldn't know why you would want to let her back in, even as obviously a friend. She did break your heart. That's not nothing, after all." He pointed out. His old friend, his first crush, had broke his heart after revealing his secret to his father. Granted that was a bit more serious than just an ex, but Esca would never allow him back into his life for any reason. "I suppose I wouldn't be upset. But it is really up to you."

Kate

Postby Kate » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:55 am

As Devyn listened intently to his boyfriend, his blue eyes showed just a bit of relief. He even found himself relaxing just a bit as Esca stood up and walked behind him, wrapping his arms around him. At this point, that was the comfort Devyn needed, and he didn't care who saw them. Good, Esca hadn't really thought that he was going to throw all of this away. Why had he said that then? Was there something going on between the two of them? Had he missed some sign that things were not going as well as he thought they were? Quickly the young man pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. No, no, Esca was NOT Ana. The man was not just going to forget everything and leave him. Devyn knew the green handler was just not that type of man. Besides, if Esca wasn't happy about something, or something wasn't working, the two of them probably would have discussed it at some earlier point. Neither of them were like that. If they weren't happy, they would have talked it out. Neither of them would just leave and go back to their exes, or even leave and find new people. If it was a mutual agreement then maybe, but other than that, there was no shot.

As Esca spoke, Devyn found himself thinking about what the other man had just said. After a few moments, blue eyes looked into Escas and he said softly, "I just, I don't know why I want to be friends with her either honestly, I know I can't forgive her for what she did. I think it's just because we started out as friends before we started dating. I just want things back to normal. I didn't just lose a girlfriend when she left, I lost my best friend, the only person who knew me." Those words were spoken before he could truly think about it. Sure, at that point, Ana HAD been the only one to know him. Now, Esca knew him, almost better than he knew himself it seemed like sometimes. Playing with his fork a moment, he hoped Esca wouldn't take it the wrong way. "Esca, you know how I feel about you. You have been there for me since the day I met you. You and Isamuyn have both helped me get over Ava. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, I can't just wipe her out completely. I feel like, if I can just be friends with her again, maybe I will be able to finally get past it.."

He knew it sounded lame, but he didn't know how else to explain it. A small, thankful smile played on his lips as he listened to Esca. "See, there is the man I fell for. So level headed about things. Maybe eventually you guys will be friends to. That's if I ever get the courage to go up and talk to her. I still don't even know what I would say. My mind already blanked when I first saw her, all I wanted to do was get away. If I'm going to talk to her, I need to get over that.."

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Esca gave his boyfriend a sympathetic look, but he had to be honest with him. "Devyn, sweetie, if you can't forgive her then I fear you've already doomed to be friends with her again. I'm sorry if that is harsh, but I don't want to see you get hurt unnecessarily." He himself was not the most forgiving of people, so he knew how something like that could get in the way of a relationship and ruin it. "I know it sucks to lose a best friend and the want for things to be the way they once were is always a tempting feeling, but sometimes...that just can't happen. As much as I loved my best friend growing up at home there is no way I could be friends with him again after what he did to me. It sucks, but you know...sometimes shit is just the way it has to be." The betrayal and heartache that his friend had left him with was a deep wound. Granted he could now see how what he had done was indeed a silver lining of sorts, but that didn't mean it didn't still hurt like the dickens.

"You know I'll support you whatever you decide." Esca reassured him. He didn't want him to think that he didn't, he merely wanted Devyn to look at things from every point of view and to not go into something like trying to be friends with an ex with rose colored glasses on. "There is no correct way to get over a person. Generally time is the only thing that works a hundred percent and that is hard because patience doesn't grow on trees. If you think trying to be friends with her again will help, though, the only thing you can do is try it. Just don't...don't be too upset if it doesn't work. Besides, you don't even know if she would want to rekindle the friendship either."

"I'm sorry if I'm being too negative, I'm not trying to be. I'm just trying to be practical and well...protect you from getting hurt, of course." A sly little smirk spread on his hawkish features. "Though, I won't lie...I'd love to show off the fact that I have you now instead of her, but that's probably not a good building block for a friendship, which yes...I would be willing to give being friends with her a chance. If it means that much to you."

Return to “Dining Hall”