Blind Date - Parker | Cal/Ao'mek

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:41 pm

"Well, then, m'lady, if it is all the same to you then I think I feel best acting like myself. Which, I warn you, runs a slew of gambits between proper and more relaxed."

The distraction of conversation was much appreciated, giving her a chance to keep away from the food on her plate. It would take some time for her to warm up to the meal, especially in such pleasant and polite company. His joyful demeanour did set her at ease, as did his gentle tenor voice as he spoke on.

"As long as you promise to act the way you want to."

"I will, I promise," she replied. Blue eyes regarded him before she smiled and turned back to her plate, if only to move her food about without much progress. But he did not seem to notice her absent appetite, while her the detail she dared to share was warmly received by him, leaving her to blush and smile as she glanced away. She would not go as far as to call herself "unique" or "genuine", but it was sweet that he thought of her like that.

His own bit of information about himself came as no surprise to Amuderudalya, and she could not help but chuckle at his response. "She didn't tell me that, but I can feel that about you. It is surprising how many people live with such a dark cloud over them, but it's refreshing to see that is not the case with you." Though at the mention of Solai, it did make Amuderudalya slightly nervous. "Ummm... if you don't mind me asking, what did Solai tell you about me?"
Parker
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Fri May 03, 2019 6:24 pm

Ao'mek's own plate of food was largely ignored in favor of good conversation. Yes, they were on a dinner date, but he liked to think that the date was more important than the dinner. He could eat anytime so he'd much rather focus on speaking with the lovely woman that was now in front of him.

"She didn't tell me that, but I can feel that about you. It is surprising how many people live with such a dark cloud over them, but it's refreshing to see that is not the case with you."

"Isn't it though?" Ao'mek asked with genuine surprise. "I've never understood how people can go through life with so much negativity. Life is too short to do that. I mean...just look at nature and how diverse and magnificent it is." He went on to say with a voice that was honestly full of awe. "I mean, I know that bad things happen, but if that's all a person ever dwells on then it makes for a pretty miserable existence. Seems sort of silly to me." He'd been asked before in the past if he ever got tired of being so positive and optimistic, but he honestly never did.

"Ummm... if you don't mind me asking, what did Solai tell you about me?"

Ao'mek had taken a bite of food, so he quickly finished chewing it before he answered. "She said that you are a very gentle and quiet person. You seem to have a knack for reading people and how they are feeling. Oh! And she said that you make some of the best cookies ever. If asked nicely, of course." He answered her honestly. "Mind if I ask what she said about me?" There was a part of him that was curious if Solai had mentioned the fact that they had once been friends with benefits, but it really wasn't important.
ImageImageImageImage
Zaynallen | C'sian | Sid'nis | Locke
ImageImageImageImage
Najden | Kisle'vis | Corbin | Calivander |

.::..::..::..::..::..
Shaihulud

Fri May 03, 2019 10:48 pm

At the sound of the bluerider's agreement, Amuderudalya could not help but smile brightly back at him. But was that too forward? Worried she might suddenly spur any sort of sense of uncertainty from him, the baker dipped her eyes down to her food, if only in an attempt to conceal her enjoyment of that which he said, her concurrence with his sympathy over the melancholic and morose. It truly was relieving to feel and hear someone agree with with her. Granted, Amuderudalya was herself a pessimist by nature, it did not mean she enjoyed basking in dark thoughts and dismal sentiments.

The smile broadened as he spoken on. It was sweet of Solai, really, but completely unnecessary to paint her in such a light. However, it had earned Amuderudalya at seat at Ao'mek's table tonight, and he seemed like such a pleasant man, so she supposed she could not be too upset at the greenrider.

"Mind if I ask what she said about me?"

A coy smile played upon her broad lips, to which she concealed it with a sip of water. "A few things," she teased after wetting her palette. Blue eyes turned back up to regard him once more, only to dash away with a blushing and a chuckle. "She said you were sweet, obnoxiously cheerful-" the way the baker rolled her eyes playfully indicated what she thought of that "-not that I believe such a thing is possible." A white grin escaped her. "She said you were tragically single, though... I have a feeling those are her words, not yours. And... you are from Walled and use to have a prominent rank, though... I can't remember what it was, my apologies. This is still quite a new world for me, and I have not yet entirely familiarised myself with it."

She hoped he would clarify, if only so she could better understand where he came from and who he was.
Parker

Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 pm

The only thing that Dalya would feel from Ao'mek was merely more simple delight that they had found some common ground in something that was important to him. Yes, not looking at everything with a sour face was rather important to him. Especially considering the situation they were in now, being on a date, finding any sort of common ground was a great thing. So still she would only feel happiness from him.

"A few things. She said you were sweet, obnoxiously cheerful-" the way the baker rolled her eyes playfully indicated what she thought of that "-not that I believe such a thing is possible."

Ao'mek had taken a drink so he politely swallowed and wiped his mouth before responding. His own eyes twinkled with a hint of an imp hidden in there as he spoke. "Oh ho, dear lady. Stick with me and I will likely prove the impossible to you." Obviously he was being playful and teasing back, though there was a hint of truth to his words. He'd been told to his face before that he was annoying too positive...even by some of his dearest friends.

"She said you were tragically single, though... I have a feeling those are her words, not yours. And... you are from Walled and use to have a prominent rank, though... I can't remember what it was, my apologies. This is still quite a new world for me, and I have not yet entirely familiarised myself with it."

Again he couldn't help but chuckle a little and nod. "Yes, tragically...it's true that those are her words. That's, of course, in no way meant to be a slight to you. You are a stunning, lovely woman." He certainly didn't want to offend her or anything. "Yes, born and bred there, though as far as living I've bounced back and forth a bit. I grew up in Walled, impressed here in New Atricis. Then, after graduation decided to move back home to join the Legion. My rank was Haraldur, which basically means third in command. The highest rank a male rider can get." He smiled in understanding, though there was pride in his achievement there wasn't arrogance. "Nothing to forgive. Our worlds are vastly different. The Legion is certainly one of the larger differences between North and South. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer. I may have a few myself for you of the North since I'm not totally familiar with it either."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Sat May 25, 2019 1:18 pm

"Yes, tragically...it's true that those are her words. That's, of course, in no way meant to be a slight to you. You are a stunning, lovely woman."

Once more, Amuderudalya felt just how genuine his words were, causing her to blush ever so slightly before she hid the flare of rouge with a sip of her water. Eyes averted with the bubble of excitement, while Croquembouche chattered at the prospect that set the baker into a twirl dizzying anticipation. "Thank you," Amuderudalya murmured once again.

As Ao'mek continued, explaining his background, his date made the effort to listen, committing his explanation to memory so she would not have to be told twice. Unfortunately, there were some terms that slipped past her, and if asked to recall them, she would likely fail, but if she heard the word, she would remember then. Fortunately, he seemed to be forgiving of her ignorance, and rather than call her a stupid girl and ridicule her for that which she did not know, he took it as an opportunity to instruct her.

"If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer. I may have a few myself for you of the North since I'm not totally familiar with it either."

"Like what sort of questions?" she asked, curious as to what he wanted to know, but had yet to ask. Perhaps just like he had offered her the courtesy of an answer, she could repay the favour. "I would be happy to answer. Besides, I am not really the sort to judge."
Parker

Sun May 26, 2019 7:23 am

"Thank you,"

"You're very welcome," Ao'mek responded in a way that sounded as genuine as he meant it to be. For all he hadn't been all for this blind date, he was honestly very happy that he had agreed to it. While he hadn't really doubted that Solai would steer him wrong but he hadn't expected Dalya to be such a pleasure either. To be fair, Ao'mek could find good in any situation. This situation he didn't have to look hard to find good in it and mentally he reminded himself to thank Solai.

"Like what sort of questions? I would be happy to answer. Besides, I am not really the sort to judge."

A look of thought crossed his mind. Before she had asked he could have asked too many questions, but now that he was actually thinking about it he couldn't settle on which one to ask. "Alright...well...I guess my first question is simply what is it like? I mean...Walled Hold is the only civilized place in the south...er...well, it was the only place. The north has a bunch of different holds, right? Are they all in places like here?" He had yet to go anywhere north so he pictured places that were built either like Walled or like New Atricis.

After a second he realized his question was a bit vague so he added, "I'm asking about like weather, climate, the environment. Sorry, if that question was confusing."
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Fri May 31, 2019 2:47 pm

Ao'mek pounced on the offer with a plethora of questions. "Alright...well...I guess my first question is simply what is it like? I mean...Walled Hold is the only civilized place in the south...er...well, it was the only place. The north has a bunch of different holds, right? Are they all in places like here?" His exuberance caught her off guard, though Amuderudalya did not consider such excitement unpleasant. If anything, she much preferred it to flippant indifference and outright dismissal. "I'm asking about like weather, climate, the environment. Sorry, if that question was confusing."

He wanted to know about that part of the north? Amuderudalya ducked immediately at the thought, for she hardly had seen much of the north to speak of. She knew of the culture, the music, the food. But climate? weather? environment? "Ummm..." she wet her lips nervously "I actually don't know that much more than you, for I've only lived in Benden Weyr aside from Atricis. I haven't seen much of the north, BUT-" just because she did not know everything did not mean she did not know anything "-I don't know much about the north, mostly because I haven't seen much of it... but I can tell you it's colder, and we get snow during the winter months, and lots of it."

Amuderudalya actually found herself missing the snow dearly. There was something peaceful about a fresh blanket of snow every morning. Walks were often made after a fresh snow fall, if only to enjoy the slight chill slowly seep through the wherhide while it nibbled at her cheeks. Once she could no longer take any more, she would dash back into the kitchens for a freshly brewed cup of klah. "Do you get snow here on the southern continent?" she asked on a hopeful note.
Parker

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:01 am

"I don't know much about the north, mostly because I haven't seen much of it... but I can tell you it's colder, and we get snow during the winter months, and lots of it."

"Oh, well that's alright. You can just tell me what you do know." Ao'mek stated without hesitation. It wasn't as if he could tell her everything about the south if she'd ask. She also wasn't a rider, so it wasn't like traveling was super easy or fast. "You have places you live that see snow? That's amazing...though it does sound rather chilly."

"Do you get snow here on the southern continent?"

"We do, actually, but you have to go way far south to find any. Passed the mountain range to the snowy wasteland. Us riders go there often enough times to gather ice for the hold, but no one in their right mind would want to live in those conditions. It's all barren rocks and snow as far as the eye can see." There were very little vegetation and animal life in that barren wasteland. The only thing the place was good for was getting ice to bring back to the hold to keep things cold. "I have seen snow, though, don't get me wrong. When Tlamehath and I were still in weyrlinghood we got to experience snow for the first time together. It was something...though I can't say I loved the cold."

"Is there anything you miss about the north that we don't have in the south?"[/] Ao'mek asked curiously of her.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Shaihulud

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:19 pm

"Is there anything you miss about the north that we don't have in the south?"

"You mean aside from the snow?" she responded with a question of her own, one far more playful than purposeful. Naturally, she brought it up only because she missed it so much, thus with ease she laughed gently at the joy it brought her simply by recalling it. Once more, she dragged the tip of her fork across her food, not entirely interested in eating. The company she enjoyed was far more agreeable than the thought of a knot of meat and tubers twisting in her gut. "Seasons. You don't really get them here. In the north, though, the leaves turn all sorts of colours. Red, orange, yellow, gold... and then when the leaves fall, when some of them catch the sunlight, they shine like stars."

Though Amuderudalya had not ventured out too much, she had been allowed to venture into the nearby forests with her sisters to pick berries throughout the seasons. It was one of the few times she ever ventured out of Benden before she ever transferred to Atricis.

"During winter, a lot of the water freezes into place, like little icicles where the water use to drip. Lakes will turn to glass, though rivers still try to fight the freeze. Sometimes, you can still hear the water running just under the surface. Other times it is frozen solid. When you still see the bubbles stuck in the ice, you know it was a deep and fast freeze."
Parker

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:21 am

"Seasons. You don't really get them here. In the north, though, the leaves turn all sorts of colours. Red, orange, yellow, gold... and then when the leaves fall, when some of them catch the sunlight, they shine like stars."

Ao'mek couldn't help but laugh a little before he felt the need to defend his home just a tiny bit. "To be fair, we do have seasons down here...they're just not exactly like some of the places up north." There was dry...wet, very wet, and hot...so most certainly a variety, but not the pretty sort like what he'd heard of up north in some places. "That sounds lovely. I wouldn't mind seeing such colors one day." He stated honestly. "I've seen pictures painted by some Northern harpers of autumn in the north. They were absolutely breathtaking pictures, so I can only imagine what the real thing would look like."

He listened carefully to her speak about winter before he stated anything. "Well, we do get snow down here too...you just have to go very far south for it." The snowy wastes of the south were just as bad as that of the north. "It simply isn't very hospitable down that way. I've been a few times now to get ice for certain special occasions. It is beautiful in its own way...but yeah...very cold." He took another bite and then wiped his mouth. "I don't think I've ever really seen a river frozen over like that...or if I have I wasn't paying attention to it." He explained.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage