Tell Me How You Feel ~ [Tag] Shiftergirl/Kalico

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:47 am

Then it was his turn, and he wondered what he could tell her. He wasn't often good about talking about himself. The people in his life, yes. Wait... she had mentioned her opal. He could tell her a little about Iktomith. That made sense, didn't it? And it would count, at least he thought it did. Everyone liked to talk about their dragons, and almost everyone liked to listen about them, and since they did all ride together, it made sense to talk about them at the same time. To K'rios it did. It makes sense to me too. I'm glad you're speaking of me. You should more often.

He snorted though, because he spoke of the pewter often enough. Still, he smiled in Kalico's direction and nodded. "Well, speaking of dragons, I think I'll tell you a little about Iktomith while we're sat together. I Impressed him when I was twenty-three from one of Paiseantath's clutches. I was on the cusp of aging out when he found me. I'm glad he did when he did, though I know there have been instances of people bonding just after stepping past that line."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Shiftergirl

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:25 am

She watched him think. It was interesting to see what people did when they had a thought. As his face moved and changed to his thoughts, almost all, she was curious at what he was thinking. She a big talker herself, being alone, well except Meriath, it was different for her when others talked to her. Sighing at the thought maybe they didn't talk because she was boring she looked down at the table. Away from the man across from her.

Glancing up, she saw his face change to look directly at her. As he spoke of his dragon she listened closely. A smile waved over her face. Awe, the hatching must have been beautiful, all babies were wonderful. "I wasn't much over 16 myself when Meriath chose me. I was so happy to see her, its nice you got to see him before you were out of age. The link between all of us and our dragons, its a comfort."
>.:.CHARACTERS.:.<
*WHER CHARACTER*
Electrum Handler Carrole & Electrum Caesk
.:. Wher Candidate Wrihelm

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Opal Dragon Meriath & Kalico:..
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*
Blood handler Lareli & Anubli
Sport Handler Mickell & Sport Aranell

*HOLD/CRAFTER CHARACTERS*
Shaylah & Black/Silver Mohovis
Ember

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:31 pm

He nodded, it was indeed a comfort, one he wasn't sure he would ever be able to live without. He knew some riders who had managed, some who had been able to move on and live without. He wouldn't be able to be one of them. He simply wouldn't and couldn't. Without Iktomith, he would be dust, nothing more than that. Grimacing at the thought, the man looked down at his meal, which had since started to grow cold. "It's good that we have them. I'm glad you have your girl. Do you ever stay in touch with her twin's rider? I know the bond between opals and their pyrite twins can be special for some." At least that's what he understood about them, some of them, at least. Not all of them were like that of course, but from what he did know for certain, the pyrites never chased after their twins, not even after Turns of being separated from them.

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Shiftergirl

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:39 am

She didn't know what to think about growing out of impression. She knew of rare occasions where people aged out and still impressed from the stands. But she was happy she hadn't been one to age out and test that theory. Looking over the man before her, she frowned as he looked so sad for a moment. As he looked back up she smiled at him. Yes, he was a good man. Even Meriath seemed pleased about this man.

"Meriath keeps a contact with her twin, enough I know he is doing well or if he is sick. Other then that, his rider and I don't talk if that's what you mean. I've only a few or handful I keep in contact regularly here that's not work or passing by talk." In fact she had almost no contact with anyone really. But what did it matter, they were still her friends after all.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 pm

He considered it carefully and nodded. Truth of the matter was, he didn't always keep in touch with those he'd been in a weyrling class with either. Every so often he said hi to Safryn, but he supposed there was one person he was constantly in contact with, and that was Ao'mek. It helped that they were in the same Wing. "Yeah, sometimes it doesn't help that you go your own separate ways, you know? You try and keep in touch with people, but they just flutter about, do their own thing, so on and so forth. All you can do is form new bonds, make new friends, and keep hold of the ones you currently have. Nurture them, cherish them." He realized what he was saying, how they were pulling him a little out of his doldrums, and eh smiled a bit. "It isn't always as simple as that of course, but... well, sometimes it helps."

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Shiftergirl

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:16 am

Kalico smiled at him as he spoke and even nodes with his words. To keep the bonds was a wonderful thing, even if they were busy she still adored those who taught her and those who were happy to get to know her. She liked the rider she spoke with, he would be a good friend. Curiose if he was going to be busy later she wondered about spending more time with him. Chaos and daisy were napping next to her and she was stroking daisy with her hand as she slept soundly.

"Yes I do think the same. Keeping friends close and having them around is a wonderful thing and to have that friendship continue and having it grow, depending on if it becomes lovers, parental figures, brothers or sister or even deeper then that, it is something that grows and can be wonderful." She thought of A'ric and how he felt much like a father to her, helping her when she had questions or worries. He is a good man.

"If everything was simple you would never know who is truly you friend and who is the enemy but I do agree with you." She had a few lessons from her home about teasing, the candidate master had taken care of it and they had been given extra chores possibly worse but she hadn't asked.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*

Ember

Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:42 am

"We all deserve someone in our lives, or a few special someones depending on how it goes, that makes us feel special and wanted like that." He thought of the people in his own life, of his friends, of his family, of Nizhoni. They all made him feel wanted in some manner or form of some kind. It didn't seem to matter how things ever went, he could turn to them, he could count on it in fact.

And you can always count on me.

I can always count on you, my friend, I know that.

He smiled at Kalico, and reached over to gave her hand a pat. "I hope that I can count on you as a friend now. We were once Wingmates, I would like it if we could continue to be friends at the very least." It would be a shame if they couldn't make a bond over the familiarity that was growing between the two of them now, a really big shame, he thought.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Shiftergirl

Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Yes, someone special, she had her bonded, Meriath, She had A'ric like a father, she had a few people, the weyr was home, but her mind wondered to how her life maybe full of people who loved her, but none that loved her the way she felt she wanted now. A chill sliced down her back and she shook it off, no time for those things. "Yes, we both agree its worth it, to have that special person."

She watched his hand, the warmth catching her off guard but she settled, she smiled at him when he told her how he hoped. "I believe we can be good friends, if you need anything just let Meriath know, we'll come as quickly as we can." She liked the feeling she was getting, the feeling of closeness, the feeling was pleasant and it made her warm.
*WHER CHARACTER*

*DRAGON CHARACTER*
Fr'an & Blue Mihnoth

*DAYWHER CHARACTER*