Regrets Come Morning ~ Tag: Devyn/Kate

Despite being new, this dining hall is very similar to the one back at old Atricis, giving a familiarity to the new Weyr. It is one large, central cavern carved out from the side of the cliff with many tables of varying sizes and seat numbers. The kitchens are attached, and there is a set of stairs leading down into the lower caverns.
Parker
Marks: 4401.00 [Donate]

Re: Regrets Come Morning ~ Tag: Devyn/Kate

Postby Parker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:02 pm

Darrow gave a sloppy, crooked, drunk smile. "Yeah, I think she has a good head on her. She certainly thinks sho...though, there is shometimesh I have to keep her temper in line." He said and then went to take another drink from his glass only to find it empty. A forlorn look was given to the barkeep, as if he had something to do with there being no whisky in the glass still. Why and how, that look was caught and shortly enough Darrow had another drink in front of him. He took a sip of the brown liquid as he listened to Devyn. The mention of being pushed into going on a date and it turning into so much more pulled a frown onto Darrow's face. He wasn't sure how to respond to that, so he reached a hand out and patted his forearm. It wasn't much, but it was sympathetic. "Okay...if you shay it'sh good to let her keep pushing me...I will." Not like he much of an option anyways. Argow could be quite convincing when he wanted.

"What do you mean you're happy I don't know who you are? Am I SUPPOSED to know who you are?"

Eyebrows furrowed together tightly as he thought of how to answer the man without sounding down right egotistical. "Okay well...pleash don't think I'm...bragging or -hiccup- anything. I come from Walled Hold. My family ish a pretty big deal there. We're harpersh. Even though I'm jusht a son of thiers, I'm one of the besht mushicians." He was body bobbing a little now in his seat. "Odd, I know. Shomeone as shy as me a famoush harper, but I loves...I love...singing and playing, so I manage." He shrugged and then took another drink.

"Well, dancing isn't that hard, I guess I could show you a thing or two. You bought me drinks and are standing here listening to my sorry ass, so I guess it's the least I can do."

There was a mixed look of surprise and almost fear on Darrow's face at the suggestion. For a few moments he could only stare at Devyn open mouthed. "Firsht of all, I am enjoying talking to you. Secondly....I don't...I mean..." He leaned in to whisper, well...he thought he was whispering, to Devyn. "We're both guysh....won't that...cause a scene?" Yes, he knew that such a thing wasn't uncommon at the weyr, but he hadn't done much socializing outside of daylinghood so he still had his native mindset when it came to such things.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash

Kate
Marks: 10239.00 [Donate]

Postby Kate » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:45 am

Blue eyes looked at the man and he couldn't really help but chuckle at the smile he gave him. Devyn honestly couldn't blame the young man, he was here to celebrate. It was not hard to tell that the young man was drunk, maybe even more than drunk. The chimera handler knew that the newly graduated young man would probably be in for a world of hurt tomorrow, but for now, he was inclined to just let Darrow have his fun. As they talked about Argow he nodded. "I agree. She does sound like she has a good head, and a temper isn't always a bad thing. I bet you anything that temper will help you guys become more than you thought you could be." Well, that was kind of how he felt anyway. If she had a temper, she wasn't likely to get pushed around, or let her handler get pushed around either. Devyn smiled just a little. "You know, pushing you is a good thing, and I believe in that. Sometimes though, you have to let them know if they've pushed you too far. Sometimes there are things you just aren't going to be ready for yet. You know what I mean?"

Picking up his glass, Devyn noticed it was empty. Ordering one more round, he decided he should probably drink a glass of water after this, try and at least avoid some of the hangover that was bound to hit him tomorrow. As he listened to the young man he raised an eyebrow. Darrow came from a whole family of Harpers in Walled? Had he heard of them? He'd never really been to Walled before, and he didn't remember hearing anyone in Telgar or hear mention a famous family of harpers. Shrugging a bit, Devyn said, "Well, technically when you are a Harper, you don't have to speak to other people alot, so I guess you can afford to be a bit shy? If you love singing them I'm sure that makes up for the being shy part." For a moment he thought back and said, "My love of my craft is what led to to find the person I cared about the most, so I guess, just keep following your heart, even if you are shy."

Devyn had to hold in a small laugh as he saw the look on Darrow's face. What was he so scared of? Or surprised of? Did he really think Devyn was that much of a jerk? As Darrow finally spoke, the chimera handler found that he was slightly relieved to hear that Darrow was enjoying talking to him. Honestly, Devyn hadn't known he had been worrying about it, but it was nice to hear him say it either way. Taking a sip of his drink, he quirked an eyebrow and put his drink down. Shaking his head he thought a moment about how exactly to address this. "Look, not here it won't. I know you're holdbred and everything, but here, no one would even bat an eye. Trust me. But if you are uncomfortable, then we won't."

Picking up his drink, he took another big sip before putting it back down. Slowly he rises from his chair and then extends his hand to Darrow, leaving it up to the younger man if they would do this or not.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Parker

Postby Parker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:38 pm

"No, not tech-technic-ally I don't, but I have people approach me a lot of timesh. I jusht deal with it ash besht I can." He said with a shrug before drinking more. At this point it was habit of movement that he kept taking drinks of the whisky. He by no means needed to drink more. His vision was just about as blurred as his speech was. Darrow didn't bother to elaborate on exactly how shy he really was because, even though drunk, he had enough logic to realize that he wasn't seeming very shy right now. That was absolutely thanks to the alcohol. Maybe he would have to remember this for the next time he wanted to try and meet new people. It was a heck of a lot easier talking to people drunk. A look of sadness fell over his face as Devyn mentioned that it was thanks to his craft that he met the person he fell in love with. He'd never been in love before, but even he had some idea of the pain involved.

"Look, not here it won't. I know you're holdbred and everything, but here, no one would even bat an eye. Trust me. But if you are uncomfortable, then we won't."

Darrow looked between Devyn's eyes and the out reached hand. Did he dare? What if someone saw him? His family wasn't here, so there was no risk of them seeing him. That would be a fight and a half considering the way he was raised. Still though...other than his families morals...he wasn't sure what was wrong with it. Besides, as sorrowful as Devyn seemed how could he deny the man anything? He might not know him well, but Darrow was a sensitive soul and felt bad for him.

"Shure...I'll dance with you." He said and took a hold of the hand he held out to him. Not even all the whisky he'd had was enough to save him from blushing at the contact. As he stood up he lost his footing and almost tripped right into Devyn. "Shorry, I'm a bit drunk." He said with a cheeky grin.
F'lin & Mnenomth | Mar'lus & Shardamakath | C'sian & Gastoneth | B'tian & Villeforth | Sid'nis & Iolith
Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth | So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Kate

Postby Kate » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:04 am

The chimera handler was glad to see that he was not really feeding Darrow any crap. Most of the stuff he had gathered from talking about him, coupled with the little bit of advice he had given him, seemed to be all true. Honestly, Devyn liked helping people, the way that Esca helped him. Actually, part of him was shocked that he was even talking to the young man so much with everything that had happened. The other part of him though was glad that he was, it was nice to be thinking about something other than the pain he had been feeling. "So see? There you go. You talk to people when you have to, but you seem like me. You don't really like to. I think Argow is going to help more and more with that. In the mean time though, you actually did pretty good talking to me. I would never really guess that you don't like talking to people."

Although it wasn't very long, Devyn began to get nervous as he stood there with his hand out. Wait, nervous? What the hell was he getting nervous for? There was nothing to be nervous about. Everything was fine. What did he care if the young man wanted to dance or not? How could he be nervous, or maybe even excited, around someone he just met, especially with everything that was going on. Maybe he was just excited at the prospect of helping someone out? Or maybe making a new friend? Both would be great, but still, he usually didn't allow himself to get nervous/excited like this. Quickly, the chimera handler decided that he was just being weird, and pushed all those thoughts to the back of his mind. Everything was so messed up right now, he just need to get control of himself.
A
His thoughts were quickly pushed away as he felt Darrow's hand take his own, heard his voice. A small smile came to his face, and he tried not to get too excited. As Darrow tripped, Devyn's hand tightened on his and his other hand moved to help steady him. Giving a chuckle he said, "That's ok, we'll just go nice and slow this time. Even if you're drunk, I could still probably teach you a few things." As he led the young man onto the dance floor, a slower song started up. Devyn took a sharp breath but quickly calmed himself and took Darrow's hands, placing them where they needed to be before pulling him just ever so slightly closer.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn

Parker

Postby Parker » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:19 pm

"Y-you really don' like to talk to people either?" Darrow asked with surprise. His words were elongated, slurred, and ended on a higher note of surprise. The fact this experienced handler and man was anything at all like him made Darrow relax even more. A wide sloppy grin spread on his face and he raised a finger and poked the man's solid bicep. "Thank you. Perhapsh you are jusht that eashy to talk to." Darrow pointed out. He then he saw that his glass was not completely finished, so he picked it up and downed it before he was standing up and headed to the dance floor with Devyn.

"You probably could teach me a thing or two, but I can't promish I will remember." Darrow told him with a chuckle. The amount of his body bobbing was even more evident as he walked and stood. Any more alcohol and he would likely be on the floor and that would have been horribly embarrassing. That wasn't to say he wasn't going to do something else that was embarrassing. The night was still young and he was already very drunk. His face was already red and warm from the whisky, but when Devyn pulled him in closer that blush deepened even more. Darrow put his hands where Dev directed him, but he did so in a very timid manner and only barely touched the man.

It was a good thing this was a slow song since he didn't believe he'd be capable of doing any sort of real dance. This slow one made it possible for him to follow Devyn's lead and swayed with the music. He still couldn't look the man in the eyes yet. After a few minutes, and several instances of him stepping on the chimerahandler's toes, he was finally beginning to relax a little more. The few stumbles he'd made served to make him hold onto Devyn a little tighter....lest they both take a tumble. It was only when that slow song ended that Darrow opened eyes he didn't realize he'd closed and looked at Dev. "Shorry, didn't mean to almosht lay on top of you." He said as he took a step back after he realized he'd drifted closer to the man. "Wow...you're really handshome." The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them and worst of all...it didn't seem as though he realized he'd said them out loud.

Kate

Postby Kate » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:20 am

Blue eyes look away for a moment before Devyn shakes his head ever so slightly. "Well, usually I don't. When I first came here, it was pretty tough for me to open up to people. Not even open up, just talk even. I just, didn't feel like I belonged here, and I didn't really know what to say to anyone. I didn't know anyone, I had just lot my girlfriend I had come here with. I left my family behind to come.Then we get here, and she leaves me for some other guy. It took me a while to finally feel comfortable enough to even begin to open up to anyone. Esca was actually the first person I opened up to after everything. Once I was with him, everything just seemed better? Easier? Something like that. He helped me see what it was like to be loved again, to be unafraid to talk to people. He helped me get over it." For a moment, the chimera handler just sat there, starring at nothing in particular. Finally he seemed to find himself again. "I guess that's why I told you to let Argow push you. Sometimes, people need a little push. I did, so I didn't think it would hurt to give you a little one as well." A chuckle was given. "Well if I'm that easy to talk to, you've got Esca and Adianca and Isamuyn to thank for that" A sad look quickly crossed his features as he mentioned Esca and Adi, but it only lasted a minute. For now, he wasn't going to dwell on the bad times that were going on. He wanted to remember them as they were.

Devyn rolls his eyes a little bit, laughing softly. "Well that was kind of my point. But then again, if you don't remember, that just means I would have to teach you again. Wouldn't really be any big deal." What the chimera handler didn't say, was that he was pretty sure he wouldn't mind having to teach the other young man some things again. Darrow was a nice enough guy. Somehow, they just clicked, which surprised Devyn. He knew how he was, and after Darrow talking about how he was, it kind of baffled the handler as to how the two of them had carried on a conversation this long, when neither of them really liked to speak to other people. To him, it didn't really make since, but then again, maybe it was one of those things that wasn't supposed to make sense.

Slow notes reached his ears and quickly brought his mind back to what he was doing. A few small grimaces came across his face as Darrow stepped on him, but honestly, he didn't mind. That's what happened when someone was learning to dance, especially when that someone was drunk, along with the teacher. It seemed both of them were pretty tense when it first started, but as the song went on, even with the occasional stumble, Devyn found himself actually having a bit of fun, relaxing a bit. It kind of reminded him of him and Esca dancing. Devyn had never been the greatest at it, but the green handler has taught him the basics. Once the song was over Devyn moved away just a bit, not really all that much, just enough to maybe make Darrow a bit more comfortable. Chuckling, he shook his head. "No, don't even worry about it. Alot of people are like that. I was like that when I first started trying to dance. It'll come with time."

When the next words came out of Darrow's mouth, blue eyes snapped wide open. Had he really just said that? Devyn's mind couldn't process it quick enough. Maybe he had heard him wrong. With everything he'd had to drink, something was bound to be messing up sooner or later, Running a hand through his hair, he let out a slow breath before saying, "Um, well, thanks I guess? You're not bad looking yourself." Ok, so the alcohol was kind of talking there, but what else was he supposed to say? Walking back over to the bar he ordered another drink and just hoped that this wouldn't ruin the little bit of fun he'd been having.

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:27 am

Again, Darrow couldn't help but feel sorry for the man. Then, he began to wonder if he was feeling sorry for him too much. No, that was crazy. He'd lost the one he loved, that was worth being sorry over even if there wasn't anything that anyone could do about it. Darrow really thought about what it would be like to lose someone he loved and the feelings that swarmed over him almost brought him to tears. He could be rather sensitive and the alcohol was not helping what so ever. Without thinking he moved and gave Devyn a sloppy, but warm hug. "Then they have all my gratitude." He said as he let the man go.

The song had been raw, there were some glaring faults that even his drunk mind heard, but over all it had a genuine quality to it. Darrow had found himself getting lost in it, which was why he'd closed his eyes to listen. "You can teach me to dancsh again if you want." He didn't mind that idea at all. This was rather fun. It was a shame he wasn't going to remember most of it in the morning. "In return, I will play and shing for you shometime. It'sh the leasht I can do." Darrow offered.

A goofy smile spread on his face as Devyn said that he wasn't bad looking himself. Darrow then followed Devyn back to the bar like a stumbling puppy. "Gettin' another drink? That'sh a -hiccup- good idea." He ordered himself another drink. "Ish it jusht me or ish it hot?" Darrow asked and then began to strip off his outer tunic. Well...he was at least attempting to. It was obviously a difficult task as he tried to keep the bottom shirt down and get the top one off. Then he seemed to manage to get his arms stuck as he got the material over his head. He struggled for a moment or two, then gave up as it seemed too hard of a job.

Kate

Postby Kate » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

Devyn had not intended to make the young man feel bad for him. Actually, Devyn didn’t want anyone to feel sorry for him. He felt sorry enough for himself, and he really didn’t want to drag other people down, although he knew it was inevitable that he would. That was exactly why he tried not to think about it too much. Talking about t was ok, especially since he was managing to keep control over his emotions. Arms wrapping around him brought the chimera handler back out of his thoughts, probably a good thing actually. It took a moment for Devyn to fully realize what was going on. During that time, he kind of just froze. He had not been expecting that at all. Sure he has had lots of people hug him lately, mostly Cas and Talen, but for some reason this made him stop. Maybe it was something to do with the alcohol but after that brief moment, he returned the hug. While it was only briefly, he found himself enjoying it, even if it was only a little. {b]"I'm sure they know, and appreciate your gratefulnes."[/b]

Devyn couldn't hold in a laugh as the young man spoke once more. Blushing a bit, although there was no reason for him to, he smiled. "Well thanks, you don't have to pay me back you know. I mean, if you really want to you can. It would be nice to hear you sing. Especially since you told me what a big shot you asre back in Walled."

Again, Devyn couldn't help but chuckle just a bit as Darorw continued to talk. The blue eyed handler had always found drunk people very fun and entertaining, in a fun kind of way of course. Well, mostly Darrow. The young man was the innocent kind of drunk, not the kind who wanted to rip your head off and be jerks when they were drunk. As both of them ordered their new drinks, Devyn watched Darrow curiously. What was he trying to do? Well, actually, the chimera handler knew what he was trying to do, and quiet honestly, it was pretty funny.

Stifling a laugh, Devyn amde a move to help him, but stopped short, suddenly realizing what he was looking at. Green eyes were stuck on the other young man's tone body. No matter how much he tried, Dveyn couldn't seem to pull his eyes away. Finally, he managed to drag his eyes away and he slowly walked up, and quickly grabbed his shirt and helping him finish taking one of the layers off. Chuckling, he shook his head. "There, not so warm now right? Come on, let's have that drink." Grabbing their two drinks, he handed one to him, raising it in a silent toast.

Parker

Postby Parker » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:38 am

Darrow had no idea how the little peek show he unconsciously gave to Devyn was affecting the man. To be honest, he really had no idea that his body was something anyone would want. He liked to exercise, so he did so often, thanks to that he was rather nice and toned, but he really didn't know it for himself. Being stuck in the position he was in allowed the chimerahandler to get a nice view of his torso, but for Darrow all he felt was drunkeness and being trapped by his own shirt. He moaned a little in misery as he stayed as he was, stuck with a shirt above his head. Then, suddenly, he was being freed and it was wonderful. He could move and see again. A huge smile spread on his face as he looked at Devyn. "Not sho warm now. Thanksh." He said as he took the offered drink.

He drank about a third of the glass immediately, before an idea hit him. "Hey! We should go outshide. A walk shounds amazing and I bet we can shee shome amazing starsh right now." Darrow didn't wait for Devyn to answer him, he just started walking towards the entrance so he could follow through with his plan. It was probably for the best, since him getting out of the dining hall meant him getting away from more alcohol, which was the last thing he needed honestly. He was so drunk now it was likely that he wouldn't remember this evening.

"Are you behind me, Devyn!!" He asked as he stumbled about.

Kate

Postby Kate » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:28 pm

As the wide grin spread over Darrow's face, Devyn could not help but smile back at him, that smile reaching all the way to his eyes, making them dance ever so slightly. This was the first time in a while that the chimera handler had felt pretty care free, and he had to admit, it felt nice. Nothing to worry about at the moment, Unfortunately, he knew it was probably not bound to last very long. Before he could think about it to much, Darrow's voice had reached bhis ears, beinging his attention back to the other young daywher handler. "Don't worry, it's not a big deal, we've all been there before. Glad I could help you out though" Devyn had had it open to him on two seperate occasions, although neither had been out in public. Luckily for him. Maybe that's why he hand't let Darrow fight with it to long. Being embarrassed something nobody liked being, so he was glad he could save the new handler from that.

As Darrow drank his drink, Devyn finished the rest of his in two more swallows. Just as he was about to order another one, he heard the black handler's voice. Trying to spit out an answer, he couldn't even manage to get one word out before Darrow had walked out the door. Green eyes just stared at the door that the other young man had just walked out of. Shocked to say the least, Devyn quickly grabbed his own coat and hurriedly left some money for the barkeep before walking out the door.

Luckily, he wasn't too far behind Darrow, so he heard the other handler's voice. Shaking his head a little to himself he said, "Yah, I'm here. Glad I caught up to you again. Gives me a chance to make sure you make it home alright." Of course, Devyn was just being a bit overcatious. Although, he could see that Darrow was clearly drunk, and he himself was a little buzzed, but as the older (and less drunk) of the two, he felt that it was his obligation to make sure Darrow made it home ok. Hopefully the other man would not see it as a slam against him or anything, Being drunk for the first time was fun, until you fell and hit your head or something like that, or until you woke up the next morning with the worst headache of your life.

Return to “Dining Hall”