Takin' Meself Oot fur a Good Auld Run - Parker | Zayn(a)

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Warning for Language

If Sigoryn had heard the thought that passed through Zayna's mind of calling the man a twat, the runner would have laughed outright. Only a proper Fortrian would have the audacity call another person a twat. It was the only good insult that came out of Fort, that and calling someone a cunt, though they did that in Ruatha too. Oh, and wanker. Shards did Sigoryn love that word, and over the turns, she had come to adopt that wanker and wank, along with the twattish term, into her own ever-increasing diction of insults. Sometimes the world needed someone to tell it the brutally honest truth of what was what, and Sigoryn wanted to think she had the vocabulary to do so with gusto.

"Oh, I don't know what I'd do with myself without it. I love being in the archives....which is probably why my skin is so pale."

"Ye need tae get oot more," she replied with a chuckle, though even she understood the pain of the sun's rays. While the people in her family always ran on the darker side with a tinge of the ginge, they still needed to exercise extreme caution with the sun, for dark skin did not necessarily equate to solar immunity. How many times had Sigoryn felt the stinging kiss of the sun on her shoulders after a hard summer run? Living so far north, she was thankful for those cloudy days that shielded her from the brunt of the sun's affections. Down in the south, however, she had not been as fortunate. Now, she always made sure to carry a salve with her on her runs, and smear it on every part of her that the sunny rays might touch.

"Thank you. I am very excited, honestly. I never came here expecting to become a candidate. Is that why you came here?"

"Emm... well, it's a wee bit complicated on account that A got sent south tae the seahold, an' A didn't really like it much. When A got searched, it was me chance tae get away from there. Sure A love the thought o' become a dragonrider, but it wasn't me only reason. A just didn't want tae be at the seahold anymore."