Takin' Meself Oot fur a Good Auld Run - Parker | Zayn(a)

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Warning for Language

If Sigoryn had heard the thought that passed through Zayna's mind of calling the man a twat, the runner would have laughed outright. Only a proper Fortrian would have the audacity call another person a twat. It was the only good insult that came out of Fort, that and calling someone a cunt, though they did that in Ruatha too. Oh, and wanker. Shards did Sigoryn love that word, and over the turns, she had come to adopt that wanker and wank, along with the twattish term, into her own ever-increasing diction of insults. Sometimes the world needed someone to tell it the brutally honest truth of what was what, and Sigoryn wanted to think she had the vocabulary to do so with gusto.

"Oh, I don't know what I'd do with myself without it. I love being in the archives....which is probably why my skin is so pale."

"Ye need tae get oot more," she replied with a chuckle, though even she understood the pain of the sun's rays. While the people in her family always ran on the darker side with a tinge of the ginge, they still needed to exercise extreme caution with the sun, for dark skin did not necessarily equate to solar immunity. How many times had Sigoryn felt the stinging kiss of the sun on her shoulders after a hard summer run? Living so far north, she was thankful for those cloudy days that shielded her from the brunt of the sun's affections. Down in the south, however, she had not been as fortunate. Now, she always made sure to carry a salve with her on her runs, and smear it on every part of her that the sunny rays might touch.

"Thank you. I am very excited, honestly. I never came here expecting to become a candidate. Is that why you came here?"

"Emm... well, it's a wee bit complicated on account that A got sent south tae the seahold, an' A didn't really like it much. When A got searched, it was me chance tae get away from there. Sure A love the thought o' become a dragonrider, but it wasn't me only reason. A just didn't want tae be at the seahold anymore."

Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 pm

"Ye need tae get oot more,"

Zayna gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't kill me to get out a bit more. Maybe see if this pale skin of mine can darken up and tan any." She would probably look pretty good with a tan, at least she supposed she would. Wasn't that always the case? At least the way she'd heard it, people preferred others with nicely tan skin. Not the wraith-like white that her skin could be. "Though, I don't believe I will be trying to run down walls or anything like that. I don't have a death wish." She clarified. She'd leave that more extreme stuff to Sigi.

She listened politely as Sigi explained to her how it was she ended up down here. "Southern Seahold? I was there for a brief period when I first came south, but I can't say that I stayed long before heading on for the weyr." Zayna didn't have much to say about the seahold, really. She hadn't been there long enough to have an opinion. "Well, if the seahold wasn't for you, then it wasn't for you. Glad something came along for you to get out of there if that is what you wanted. Plus, now we get to be candidates together." Zayna said with some excitement.

Once inside the dining hall, she found them a place to sit up at the bar. "What would you like to drink? It's on me. Sorry I can't get us something better...like whisky." Zayna apologized to her. The barkeep came up to them then and awaited for their order.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:24 pm

"Ye need tae get oot more,"

Zayna gave a small shrug of her shoulders. "Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't kill me to get out a bit more. Maybe see if this pale skin of mine can darken up and tan any." She would probably look pretty good with a tan, at least she supposed she would. Wasn't that always the case? At least the way she'd heard it, people preferred others with nicely tan skin. Not the wraith-like white that her skin could be. "Though, I don't believe I will be trying to run down walls or anything like that. I don't have a death wish." She clarified. She'd leave that more extreme stuff to Sigi.

She listened politely as Sigi explained to her how it was she ended up down here. "Southern Seahold? I was there for a brief period when I first came south, but I can't say that I stayed long before heading on for the weyr." Zayna didn't have much to say about the seahold, really. She hadn't been there long enough to have an opinion. "Well, if the seahold wasn't for you, then it wasn't for you. Glad something came along for you to get out of there if that is what you wanted. Plus, now we get to be candidates together." Zayna said with some excitement.

Once inside the dining hall, she found them a place to sit up at the bar. "What would you like to drink? It's on me. Sorry I can't get us something better...like whisky." Zayna apologized to her. The barkeep came up to them then and awaited for their order.

Image x4
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am

"Yeah, I suppose it wouldn't kill me to get out a bit more. Maybe see if this pale skin of mine can darken up and tan any. Though, I don't believe I will be trying to run down walls or anything like that. I don't have a death wish."

Sigoryn gave a hearty chuckle in turn. "Aye, but it ain't that bad, ye know. Once ye know what ye doin', it's quite fun scampering aboot like that. It makes ye think, an' makes ye quick." After turns of running, Sigoryn liked to think she knew what she was doing when she came down the cliff side. Sure she might not be able to climb it, but she knew how to run down it as well as any sure-footed mountain goat.

As they continued their walk for the dining hall, Zayna continued, "Southern Seahold? I was there for a brief period when I first came south, but I can't say that I stayed long before heading on for the weyr. Well, if the seahold wasn't for you, then it wasn't for you. Glad something came along for you to get out of there if that is what you wanted. Plus, now we get to be candidates together."

"Aye, an' it'll be nice tae have a friend again. Don't really have many left where A come from-" Not since the fire, but Sigoryn did not want to talk about that. Wanting to think of happier things, she quickly refocused the topic "- An' we have a hatchin' comin' up. A hope we get a chance tae Impress tae them wee babes. A have ne'er stood afore." The very prospect of her first Hatching filled the runner with an excitement she had not experienced in some time. Would she Impress? And if she did, what would it be to? What would it be like?

"What would you like to drink? It's on me. Sorry I can't get us something better...like whisky."

"Emmm... well... A wouldn't want a whisky round here anyway. A don't think ye can trust the south with a good scotch. Best leave that tae the north." Maybe once she Impressed and graduated from the barracks, Sigoryn would make herself a nice cellar like her grandmother used to have. Then she could store anything she wanted, straight out of Ruatha itself. "Emmm... hmmm..." Sigoryn made a glance, and frowned at the fact even wines would be off the table for her. "Well, A guess A can drink a glass o' orange fruit juice. It's a wee shame A can't have anythin' fun in it though." Though known to break the rules from time to time, Sigoryn new better than to break them now. "What aboot ye? What ye gettin'?" There was also the matter of food, but Sigoryn needed to really think of that first before making a decision.