Old Souls Touch First { tag } Slasher / Mar'co

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:08 am

Image

Hurry! My babies!

Na'vi was doing her best to hurry, but she was trying to gather a few things first. If Chinolth was going to insist on keeping track of a bunch of rocks, then she was going to bring some leather and notes to work on while he kept his "babies" warm. Faranth, what a delightful, eccentric little blue she had bonded to. She felt the corners of her mouth curl as she thought about him, and she she stuffed another sheet of leather into her bag. Where are you now? Kaltain poked his head out from one of her pockets and she gave the brown his requested scratch before he crawled out and settled himself on her shoulder, where he began to pick at the stray strands of hair that had escaped her normally tight braid.

I lied. I'm already at the lake and curled around my nest. The devious little shit! She wanted so much to be angry with him but no measure of might could provide her with the piss and vinegar that was required of her to be upset. She merely shook her head and tied off her bag. I told you to hurry... She got the sensation of him being content, and talking to his babies, his rocks, his little darlings, and she smiled as she headed out of the barracks and made her way towards the lake.

It hadn't been so long since she Impressed, but so much had changed since she had. So many thoughts and feelings had come and gone, grown, been dismissed, changed... She bit down on her lip as she thought about some of them, as one in particular burned on her hip, an ever creeping reminder of what would be waiting for her after she graduated with her dragon from training. Unless something changed, unless she cracked and told someone. But she didn't know if she could ever do that, or what it would do - if they found out, there was no telling what they would do to her, and she couldn't put herself at risk for Chinolth's sake.

She pulled her thoughts closer together, made sure nothing could escape through the cracks, not wanting anything to slip through to her dragon. She would figure it out, she still had time. If she had to, she would escape North, but even then they would find her there, and it would be worse then. The Ebonmark's reach was far and wide, and she didn't if their dark tendrils had found a way to curl into the soil of Pern's Northern shores. She grimaced, feeling her head throb, and was glad when she started to reach the lake, because it meant smiles and relaxation.

Of course you have to smile. You're with me! Want to see the babies today before you get to work?

Sure. She always entertained him, and moved to sit down near the blue's usual nest, watched as he brushed away the dirt and debris he normally buried the stones under, and frowned. One of them looked different today, but she shrugged it off before touching them gently like he usually allowed her. Very lovely, sweets. You're a very good Papa to them. She kissed his muzzle and he trilled with pride before burying them again and resting his paws around the nest. Then she shifted back, resting against his side so that she could begin her work, humming to herself as she started on the leatherwork which she often found the trickiest, strangely enough...

And all the while, Chinolth looked fondly at his nest, and spoke equally as fond to the eggs underneath. Little did his rider know he spoke to them because of a little secret he had hidden within...
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Age: 31

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm

Image

What are we doing today? Mar'co glanced towards his Bronze, then chuckled, Why do you ask?

You said we would, and I would be interested in doing something...It is a rest day... The dragon coiled and uncoiled himself again, before sitting upright and turning swirling eyes towards his Rider. Marrow grinned then, and glanced around, obviously thinking. He had indeed promised Roth they would do something other than laze around in their weyr. Standing, the man stretched and cracked his neck, first one way, then the other, ”How about the Lake? It's starting to cool off, but it might still be tolerable...At least for me.” He chuckled as he gathered up a small satchel supplies, a drying cloth, and a book he'd been wanting to read more of.

Moving towards his dragon, Roth rumbled happily as his weight shifted from foot to foot, obviously impatient now that it had been decided. Climbing up upon the bronze's bare back, they launched neatly from the ledge, gliding almost lazily towards the Lake. As they approached, Roth alighted almost daintily on the shoreline, allowing Mar'co to toss his clothes and bag onto the ground before wading into the water.

The dragon seemed more than content with the cooler water, but Marrow hissed a little as his feet and then legs touched. He paused about thigh-deep, before the cooling water touched anything more...sensitive. But Roth wasn't hesitating as he walked in until it covered his wings, and he looked like some sort of serpent cutting his way calmly through the water, only his head and wingtips really visible.

Letting a hard breath out, Mar'co shook his head, ”This is daft...” then he just dove in, taking it all in one go. A few arm strokes, then he turned and headed back to shore, ”And that's a big nevermind.” Heading straight for his clothes, he pulled the drying cloth out, and wrapped it around himself. And that's about when he noticed the blue shape near the treeline. Wiping the dripping water from his face with one hand, he blinked. A small blue dragon? It must be a Weyrling. But where was the rider? He saw a shape lounging against the blue's side, and chuckled. He'd done that many a time with Roth. Speaking of...he turned to glance back towards the swimming bronze, We're not alone. Roth lifted his head a little to peer the direction Marrow indicated, and he chirped before turning back towards shore, Greetings, blue Chinolth. How goes it?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:18 am

Oh! We have company!

Mmmhmm. Na'vi was too busy making sure she didn't poke her fingers to look up and see who it was her dragon was speaking to. Enjoy the company, sweets.

Luna is busy working on leathers right now, because that must be more important than looking at my nest, or meeting you, bronze Roth! As Chinolth tried to mimic the great dragon's deep, brassy chirp, his rider hissed under her breath, "Don't call me that." Would you like to see my nest, Roth? My pretty eggs deserve to be shown off.

Sweets, I don't think he wants to see. He and his rider probably have things they need to do today.

Nonsense. Everyone wants to see the babies!
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Age: 31

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:12 pm

As the man dried off and reached for his much dryer shirt, he glanced curiously towards the Blue. He was a Bronzerider, but he wasn't one that had much to do with the Candidate's or Weyrlings, so he couldn't necessarily say who the young person was, but Roth seemed to at least know who the dragon was. Chinolth. As Roth headed for shore though, the man had to wonder. Glancing towards his bronze, What are you doing? With a curious rumble, the beast of a dragon stepped out of the water, and fanned his wings to rid himself of idle droplets. Chinolth has babies, he has invited me to see.

Whatever the man had been expecting, that answer was not it. And it was enough that he dropped the book he had lifted back into his bag, and turned to walk with Roth to see these, “babies”. His Luna is doing leatherwork, but he has eggs? Roth continued, but Marrow froze at those words. Luna? He'd only heard one person called that, it really wasn't a terribly common name. As the bronze went ahead, the man's brow furrowed as his mind flashed back to that dreaded turn, the worst in his life, as far as he was concerned. But there had been the young girl...Surely it couldn't possibly be the same person...

He hurried to catch up with his dragon, barely even glancing towards the pile of rocks(?) in front of the Blue, his eyes moving straight for the dark haired woman. She looked...similar, to the girl in his memory. For a single, dreaded second, he wondered if somehow she had been sent to retrieve him. But no...he told his father where he was after he graduated, the man could do nothing, Mar'co was there legally.

So he paused as Roth eyed the circle of rocks, offering amused and admiring croons to them. Stepping around the bronze so he was closer to the woman, Marrow cleared his throat, ”Lunaruvin?” Worst thing to happen, would be for the woman to look up and ask if he was feeling alright for acting so strange and calling her strange names, because who in the shells was he talking to? Best case...Was there one? He supposed so. If it was her, it would be nice to know she had survived, and finally escaped like she had wanted. She was at the Weyr, after all. And Impressed to a lovely handsome Blue, of all things!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:06 am

"Lunaruvin?"

Hearing that name on someone's tongue after so long made her freeze. No one called her that anymore except for... and if someone was addressing her as such, that must mean... her fingers tightened around the items in her lap, and she looked to the left and right through the sides of her vision, hoping for an escape point. She saw one, and she took it with a word.

N'avi? What are you... why... nooooooo! Come back!

She felt like such a fucking coward, leaving her dragon behind of all things, but she couldn't go back, and he was refusing to leave those damned rocks of his. 'if I come and scoop those eggs up without him following, would you come with me?' Their only solace would be the grls' barracks, since he was barred from there in every way. It was just a matter of running far, and enough, until she put that distance between them and could swing back around without being seen.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Age: 31

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:31 pm

What? The man blinked, unable to really even process at first. The woman had frozen, which he was about to apologize and explain the mistaken name when she suddenly leapt up and...bolted. Leaving her dragon even. That simple fact actually angered the man a bit, and he instinctively took off after her. Oh, she was a quick one though. Long legs carrying her swiftly through the brush. But he had been at the Weyr long enough, and been around the Lake long enough, that he figured she would head for the safety of her barracks. Which meant he knew which direction she was headed.

So he turned in sooner, cutting through a small stand of trees, leaping over some shrubs, and with a final grunt, erupted from the tighter brush just in time to leap for her. His sheer greater bulk carried him well, and he...alright, well, he tackled her. The pair rolled, and he flailed a bit until he caught her arms, kicking his knees sideways to make sure when the roll stopped, he was atop her, pinning her, ”Calm down, lass! Why would you leave your dragon? Can't you hear him?” His own tone was reproachful, the older rider schooling the young weyrling, his expression a hard one as he looked down at her.

Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:39 am

Na'vi was shaking, not because she was on the ground and pinned, but because she was trapped and unable to escape. What if they were here? She wouldn't be able to hide now, and if that were the case, she really had left Chinolth in danger. She had to get back to him, but she couldn't do that with this hulk on her. She tried to knee him between the legs but he had well and truly trapped her, and she thought he might have guessed her intentions to have set himself the way he had. She scowled up at him and nearly spat, would have had it not been for Chinolth's voice in her head telling her that he was on his way, that he was leaving his eggs just for her because she was more important to him. She tried to tell him to stay way, but he wasn't listening to her, and she whimpered as she heard - felt - him near. "Please, I don't want to deal with you, I don't want to deal with anyone from there." She pleaded, meaning Walled, meaning the bottoms, meaning her family in general.

She turned her head and saw her blue coming close. "In a moment, you're going to have a hunk of blue dragon slamming into you, so I suggest you let go and roll away before he slams into you." She whispered to the man, and then. "Just don't ever call me by that name again, please. Its Na'vi now." She never wanted to be associated with that moniker ever again. She hated it, only her father called her Lunaruvin. "So now you know, and now you have a few seconds to move before Chinolth reaches you."

Image
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
User avatar
Slasher
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 pm
Age: 31

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Roth had taken to wing as the Blue dragonet had took off after the humans, The blue has taken after you. He is worried for his rider. Mar'co could almost feel the dragonet as it neared, proof that even young dragons could be a force to be reckoned with. Roth offered a questioning thought, and Mar'co shook his head, even as he flailed a little and fought the thrashing woman, No, let him come. Roth could easily stop the blue from doing anything, especially since the bronze was in the sky, and the dragonet running, but if the man said no, then so be it.

For his part, the man was about to hiss at the woman to quit fighting, and he would let her up, but her pleading hit his ears before he had a chance. Pausing, and looking down at her, his eyes narrowed a bit. There was something there, something...akin to his own reasons for leaving. She was trying to escape her past, much like he was. With a quick movement, he released her, and rolled off before Chinolth quite reached them. Roth took that moment to land in a flurry of fanning wings, wind buffeting all present as he settled.

Looking at her, he tilted his head a little, ”Fine, you're Na'vi now...But I've met you before, when we were little. Well, you were little. I'm Mar'co now, but back then, I was Marreco...though I might have introduced myself to you as Marrow.” He watched her carefully, ready for any more bolting, because...”Listen, I get you don't want anything to to with Walled any more. I don't blame you. It's why I left too...Too many bad memories there. But I knew you when we were children, and I'm honestly glad to see you. It's nice knowing you survived, in a way.”

Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
User avatar
Ember
Moderator
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:50 am
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them
Age: 35

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Marrow.

She remembered him. And his little brother.

Fuck.

She knew what happened to that kid. Not where he went, or where he was now, but because of her parents, what they did... She felt sick and doubled over. Chinolth was there, crooning and trying to curl around her. The blue's eyes were swirling with distress as he picked up her thoughts, and he tried to twist them around, press more pleasing thinking into her mind. But it wasn't working. She couldn't get the thought of what was happening out of her skull. She wanted to take something, a rock, brain herself with it and let it all drain out, and that made her dragon whimper.

I won't. I just... I want to. I want to make it go away. I want it all gone.

She couldn't look at Marrow again, for fear that he would look at her and just know, so she nodded, picking at her fingers and wondering what she would be able to say to bring around the conversation, or maybe draw them back to the lake, her leathers, the "eggs" that Chinolth was antsy to return to (he might not say it, but she could tell the blue wanted to return to his babies). Eventually the silence became uncomfortable and she had to say something, so she spoke with a soft, almost hoarse, tone. "I remember you too. You were so kind to me, even though you had no reason to be."

She ran her fingers along Chinolth's neck and kissed his cheek, assuring him that she would be fine, that Marrow wasn't going to harm her, or him for that matter. "Can we go back to the lake, please? He wants to return to his babies. And..." It was hard to apologize for running, but maybe one day - if that day ever came - she'd be able to explain why she ran. Properly at least. Now wouldn't be that day. Anytime soon wouldn't be that day. "I'm sorry I ran. Only my father calls me Lunaruvin anymore. I don't like hearing that name because of him."

Image x8
[ claimed ]
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium


[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Post Reply