Surrender ~ Tag: Rath/Ember

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:20 pm

"You ever wonder what's up there?"

Sid followed suit and finished off the last bit of his smoke before he too laid down. It was tempting to lay closer, but he dared not. Rath truly was a friend and with his recent bout of luck in...well...all regards, he was a bit afraid of ruining a friendship. Tiny pinpricks of starlight was mirrored in his eyes as he looked up at the clear night sky. "Yeah. I think everyone has at least once." He replied as he got himself comfortable with his hands behind his head.

"So many stars up there, there has to be something grand, right? Just makes you think..."

"I suppose it is a comforting thought. That there is more to this life than simply being born, going through the motions, and then dying and...nothing." Sid was a practical man. He'd never really put too much thought into what happened after one died, even though being a rider and a healer he dealt with death on a common basis. "I know southerners believe in what they call Paradise. A place where there's no pain, no sorrow....but they also believed that they all would be taken there when the golds and bronzes returned so..." He gave a small shrug of his shoulders at that. The north's arrival in the south had efficiently ruined that idea. The golds and bronzes had returned to them, but they in no way brought anything remotely resembling paradise with them.

"Before you bring it up, yes I'm distracting from something."

Sid raised his head up and looked over at the man curiously. "I didn't think anything of it, but what are you trying to distract from?" He couldn't resist but ask.

Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 pm

"I didn't think anything of it, but what are you trying to distract from?"

Rath didn't think he could talk about it. He wasn't sure if he ever would be able to. They had discussed the matter before. It was over and done with and it wasn't something he wanted to dig up and have thrown in his face again. So it would be best to just keep it where it was, just beneath the surface, and leave it there. Make up some excuse and make it sound convincing, and hope nothing more came of it. "Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure what I'm talking about, Sid." He laughed, nudging his friend a little with his elbow. A start. "There was a thought I had, and I was trying to distract myself from it, and now, it..." He flicked his fingers up towards the stars. "It has floated away."

He continued to do that, flicker his fingers, up and up and up, until he couldn't reach his arm up any further without his body lifting up from the ground. Little colors seemed to follow his hand down from the sky and he sighed, glad for the further distraction and he let his arm flop down across his stomach. "I think its starting to take shape, the powder. Might just be a lack of sleep, too. I'm seeing colors, tasting shapes." He would rather taste Sid. Thank fuck he was holding his tongue on that thought. He glanced over at the bluerider and lifted a brow as he regarded him. "Feeling anything yet yourself, so I'll know if I'm going mad? Entirely possible you know, considering how old I am... I'm bound to lose it all at some point in time."

Image x5
[ claimed ]
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:25 pm

"Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure what I'm talking about, Sid. There was a thought I had, and I was trying to distract myself from it, and now, it... It has floated away."

Sid gave a small chuckle. Deep down there was a part of him that thought he knew what it was Rath was trying to distract himself from. A small wave of guilt washed over him. He knew that Rath considered him a friend and would always be there for him, just as he hoped he could always be there for the master. However, he also knew of the man's other feelings for himself. "Well, if you forget what it was then you did a good job of distracting yourself."

"I think its starting to take shape, the powder. Might just be a lack of sleep, too. I'm seeing colors, tasting shapes. Feeling anything yet yourself, so I'll know if I'm going mad? Entirely possible you know, considering how old I am... I'm bound to lose it all at some point in time."

"Pfft. Oh please. You're not that old Rath and regardless of your age, your mind is still sharp as knife and probably always will be. So no...you're not going mad." Sid stated quickly. He focused on himself for a moment. He felt lighter. The air smelled and tasted amazing. "Yeah, I think I'm starting to feel it. There's no other reason why I'd suddenly feel so...happy. Lighter." He removed one of his hands from behind his head and ran it over the grass at his side. "Damn, this grass is so soft. Why is it so soft?" He asked with some awe. "I think this is exactly what I needed to help me forget about things as well."

F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 pm

"I think this is exactly what I needed to help me forget about things as well."

Rath really didn't care about his own reaction to the powder. All he cared about personally was the fact that it was working so well for Sid. He grinned and wriggled against the grass, and for whatever reason he swore that it felt like clouds beneath his body. "Ah, there it is, that softness. Pretty sure I could sleep out here tonight. Wouldn't even need a pillow. But everything feels too good to sleep. I want to enjoy this for as long as possible. Just forget what's been going on in every aspect." Forget about his feelings, forget about Sid being out of reach now, just... forget about it all.

He glanced over at his friend and sighed, then smiled, not sure what he needed to forget really, but glad that he was pleased it was helping him out. As a man of some medicine, he would prescribe any sort of relaxation method to someone that would help them just escape for a little while. This seemed to be helping the bluerider escape tenfold and then some. The look on his face, the way his body seemed to just sink into the ground... Rath set his hands underneath himself to keep from reaching over and stroking Sid in some way in response. "Now, you can finally enjoy a night to yourself, huh? Except I'm here to remind you that you're not alone, so now I get to enjoy seeing you smile for a little while."

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:05 am

"Ah, there it is, that softness. Pretty sure I could sleep out here tonight. Wouldn't even need a pillow. But everything feels too good to sleep. I want to enjoy this for as long as possible. Just forget what's been going on in every aspect."

Sid made a happy and content murmuring sound as he sunk into the soft grass as much as he could. Never in his life had the cold, hard ground be so damn comfortable. "I think I'm with you there. Right now, this ground feels even more comfortable than my bed. Oh shit....I wonder how soft my bed would feel then. AND FUR!! Oh, fur would feel amazing." His voice was full of excitement and over something so trivial such as how things felt. "Wait a moment." Sid said and then reached over and stroked a hand over Rath's beard. "Yep. Smooth and soft as butter. I could never grow a beard so fine." He complimented and then chuckled.

"Now, you can finally enjoy a night to yourself, huh? Except I'm here to remind you that you're not alone, so now I get to enjoy seeing you smile for a little while."

"I am more than thrilled I get to spend my evening alone with you, Rath. You're good company. A good man." Sid said with a wide smile. He could feel more so than ever how good it really did feel to smile. "Yeah, I suppose I haven't been smiling much, have I?" It was an astute observation. "It felt like things were finally getting back to a normal happy....at least happier than I was before. Hopefully, after this evening, things will start looking up again."

Image x5
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:23 am

"Yep. Smooth and soft as butter. I could never grow a beard so fine."

Sid had no idea what this was doing to him. Even with the drug surging through him, Rath knew this was doing something special to him. And with it? His body was extra sensitive to the touch. He closed his eyes and smiled, felt his face move towards the fingers and hand that were pressed to his beard. It was like nothing and something were touching him all at once, that's how sensitive he was to the feel of Sid against him. "You look handsome with what you have on you now." He proclaimed, not even caring that he'd just called the bluerider handsome; it was the truth, even if they were only "friends" and nothing more. Right. Nothing more than that.

"It felt like things were finally getting back to a normal happy....at least happier than I was before. Hopefully, after this evening, things will start looking up again."

Rath was still smiling, and he couldn't stop himself from doing so. Even though he wasn't being touched anymore, he could have sworn Sid was anytime he blinked his eyes shut, and so he was doing that often enough to pretend that fingers were still stroking over his beard. "You're going to be quite happy before you know it." He started to sing, however sloppy it was, and leaning against Sid's shoulder as he did so. "Everything will be going your way..." He glanced up at his friend. "If anyone deserves it Sid, you do. And I'm so fucking happy that things are finally going in the right direction for you."

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―