Surrender ~ Tag: Rath/Ember

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:16 am

(Set a few days after the 68th Hatching Feast)

It had been a few days since the feast. A few days since he'd seen Mul'rec again after so many turns apart. While he was glad to see his friend, their conversation had left Sid'nis....It had left him a lot of things. Mainly, though, it had left him rather irritated, more so angry, at himself for all things he was feeling. He tried to tell himself that he needed to stop thinking about it. Yes, he thought he had moved on and the fact that he hadn't fully was discovered that night at the Feast.

After a few days he had hoped that he'd be able to just move on....but he hadn't. He was still irritated at himself and the fact that he allowed a man like Mul'rec to become so...ingrained in him. If he could just wash the man out like soap from his hair he would, but of course it wasn't that easy.

Sitting in his apartment stewing on his irritations wasn't going to help anything either. He'd promised to not drink and while that was the first thing he wanted to do, he was going to keep his promise. However, and perhaps it was a bit bad of him, he hadn't promised to not enjoy other things that could alter his mood. He'd enjoyed some of the stronger smokes before, but he knew there was something out there even stronger than those smokes that he'd never dared to try before. Joy Plant.

It had been surprisingly easier to get a hold of some than he thought it would be, though, it wasn't exactly illegal to have either. Still, he felt a bit of a thrill at getting some and the thought of trying it...which was much better than the feelings he had been having. Once he had it, he took himself to the lake to simply enjoy the weather that was nice. He found a spot near the shore and sat down. For right now he just got out one of his normal smokes and just looked at the little tin. Sid didn't realize that there was someone coming up to him at that point.
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:56 am

It had been a few days since Rath had seen Sid, and he was... not worried, maybe a touch concerned, and perhaps he missed seeing him. He was giving him his distance though, knowing that whatever his choice in the matter had been, it was his decision to come to the Master Dragonkin Healer and share what he would. But when Rath saw him on that particular day and he looked... rather despondent for a time, he knew it was something he needed to look into. If not for himself, then certainly for Sid. Perhaps it wasn't his business, but he couldn't help himself, not where the bluerider was concerned.

It took a while to find him. A combination of asking around and sending Cain out on a search. But eventually, he was able to find out where Sid was, and from there, make his way in that direction. If he ended up not wanting to be bothered, then he would go, easy as that, but until he was told to leave, he wasn't going to go anywhere, and he would make that clear that very moment he arrived.

So when Sid looked up, he slid to the ground next to him and crossed his legs underneath himself. For a long moment there was noting but silence between them, and perhaps that was what was needed. For a while longer, Rath was going to wait for Sid to say something first, but when it became obvious that wasn't going to happen, he got up the nerve to let the words tumble out before anything else could be said. "You may not want me here right now, but I've been..." Missing you very much and this silence between us has been aching. "Wondering ow you've been. If you want me to go though," he turned his head to look at the man. "I'll leave."
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:17 am

"You may not want me here right now, but I've been..." Missing you very much and this silence between us has been aching. "Wondering ow you've been. If you want me to go though," he turned his head to look at the man. "I'll leave."

Sid hadn't said anything as Rath sat down beside him. Honestly, at first he'd been a little scared that the man was going to call him out on the small tin he had immediately closed but still held in his hand. However, after he realized he wasn't going to say something, he began to relax a little and realize it was a comfort to have his friend by his side again. "No, no...I...I don't want you leave." Sid assured him. Then, he offered him one of his smokes. "Join me for awhile, please. I could use the company."

The bluerider took a long drag of his cigarette as he looked out over the weyrbowl for a moment. "I've been...." He began, but then stopped. A chuckle escaped him then. "I've been...odd, I suppose. I don't know. I know I've been distant. I'm sorry about that. I've had some things on my mind, I guess."
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:37 am

"I've been...odd, I suppose. I don't know. I know I've been distant. I'm sorry about that. I've had some things on my mind, I guess."

He accepted one of the smokes and thanked Sid with a lift of his head, not sure what to say at first as he took the first few puffs. Of course he needed the company too, and he knew things had been odd, but he hadn't known just how odd they had been until they were being voiced just now. How far did he want to dig into things? Was it even his business to discuss the matter with Sid, and for that, would the bluerider want to talk things out with him?

He took a long draw from his smoke and held the breath in for a long beat of time before releasing it all to the heavens. "You don't have to explain anything to me, Sid. I kind of had the feeling you needed a little space, so I was doing my best to give it to you. I knew you'd come to me when you needed to see me but... I was worried. So I sent Cain to find you." He wasn't going to lie, how else would he explain how he had found the man so easily?

"Look, you don't have to explain anything to me, okay? If all you want is company, and silence, that's what I'll give you. If you need to talk, I'll listen. If you just need a friend and want to shoot the shit over nothing in particular, for the sake of distractions, we can do that. Whatever you need Sid, I'm here for you." He glanced over at him, wanted so much to say more than that, but... it wasn't his place. Not anymore, not that it ever was.

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:24 pm

"You don't have to explain anything to me, Sid. I kind of had the feeling you needed a little space, so I was doing my best to give it to you. I knew you'd come to me when you needed to see me but... I was worried. So I sent Cain to find you."

Sid took another long drag of his smoke as he played with the small tin in his hand. "Yeah, I kind of did. Nothing horrible, really, mind you. Just needed to contemplate on somethings by myself for a bit." He explained without going into details. After everything else, he didn't feel it was fair to dump more on his friend and, who was they kidding, lover. A dimpled grin was flashed to the master before he reached over and patted the man's leg. "Thank you. I don't mind that you came looking for me." After his past streak of self-destruction he couldn't blame his friends for being worried.

"Look, you don't have to explain anything to me, okay? If all you want is company, and silence, that's what I'll give you. If you need to talk, I'll listen. If you just need a friend and want to shoot the shit over nothing in particular, for the sake of distractions, we can do that. Whatever you need Sid, I'm here for you."

He wasn't really sure if he wanted to talk about it...to Rath of all people...considering what it was about. Then again...Rath was a friend and had become a person he confided in. For now though..."Thanks, maybe here in a bit. For now just company and shooting the shit sounds good." Sid looked down at the tin in his hand and decided to come clean about it. "So, I won't lie to you. The call of the bottle has been strong the last few days. I've resisted it, but...I still really needed something other than my smokes so...I got this...ever had it before?" He asked as he handed him the little tin of powder.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:02 pm

It was good to know that Sid wanted his company, even better to know that he wasn't going to be pushed away. He could live with not knowing why Sid had bee sparse the last few days, or what was hiding behind that endearing face of his, that wasn't an issue at all. He wouldn't worry about that, there were more important things to be concerned about, and Rath was about to find one such thing to find himself worried over.

"So, I won't lie to you. The call of the bottle has been strong the last few days. I've resisted it, but...I still really needed something other than my smokes so...I got this...ever had it before?"

Or not, not really at least. It was even better to know that the bluerider was looking towards alternatives to the drink, and Rath would have said he was proud of him for doing so - and fuck, he would do so regardless later on, when the chance was more appropriate - but for now he was looking at the tin and the white powder inside. He had an idea of what it was, but whether or not he had ever partaken... he smirked at Sid and closed the tin, to ensure none of it spilled in surprise when he spoke.

"When I was a younger man, I used to. It wasn't as often as I advanced in the craft, then tapered off all together as I neared my Mastery." He shrugged a little. "Whatever you're trying to take the edge off of, it'll do that for you." Among other things, but he wasn't sure if he was allowed to have that experience with him, and he looked away before the hungry flash in his eyes could be read.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:03 am

"When I was a younger man, I used to. It wasn't as often as I advanced in the craft, then tapered off all together as I neared my Mastery." He shrugged a little. "Whatever you're trying to take the edge off of, it'll do that for you."

Sid'nis gave a small chuckle as he raised a hand to remove the cigarette from his mouth. "You know...that should maybe surprise me, but it doesn't." He told his friend. While he knew Rath pretty well, or so he thought, he had a feeling that the man was much wilder in his younger turns. "Yeah, I'm sure this isn't something that helps when trying to obtain your knots. I'm glad to know I did get something that will help." He laughed again which sent his dimples deeper and made the lines around his eyes crinkle. "I won't lie...I was scared shitless trying to find someone to buy that from."

A small, mischievous glint lit his eyes as he looked from Rath to the tin the man still held. "I was going to partake in some of it now, but since you're here. How about you show me how to use it properly? I would rather do it with you than by myself. C'mon...an evening of fun sounds good, right?" Sid suggested.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 pm

"You know...that should maybe surprise me, but it doesn't."

Rath laughed and nodded, deciding something as he listened to his friend speak. There were many things that Sid didn't know about him, that he'd never shared. Oh, it was nothing that he was ashamed about of course, but it wasn't anything that he'd ever felt he needed to necessarily share, either. But maybe one of these days, with his friend, he would. "Remind me - one of these days, I have a few things to tell you. Tales that you may or may not believe. Like where I came from and how I got my start as a healer. They're not exactly typical, and I doubt you'll exactly believe them at first."

"I was going to partake in some of it now, but since you're here. How about you show me how to use it properly? I would rather do it with you than by myself. C'mon...an evening of fun sounds good, right?"

Considering how worried he'd been about his friend, and how worried he'd been in general about him in recent months in general... seeing him have fun sounded like, well... fun. So Rath took the tin from him carefully and tapped some of the powder on his hand, remembering all too clearly how to partake in it. After showing Sid, and sniffing a time or two, he blinked and chuckled. "Takes a couple of moments for it to kick in, but believe me, its well worth it. Make sure you don't use too much of it at first, don't want to waste any of it." He offered the tin back, and realized just how "warm" it was likely to make him...

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:59 pm

"Remind me - one of these days, I have a few things to tell you. Tales that you may or may not believe. Like where I came from and how I got my start as a healer. They're not exactly typical, and I doubt you'll exactly believe them at first."

Sid'nis was already curious to hear anything that Rath would tell him. Yes, he considered the man one of his closest friends now, but it was true that neither of them had really opened up to the other about their past. Perhaps that was on purpose, he thought to himself, seeing as their relationship was what it was, but he really couldn't see any reason why it would be wrong for them to get to know each other better. "I bet I'll believe them...even if they are on the wild side. If I had to describe most of my younger turns as a spice it would be flour, so I'll spare you from the boredom." His life really hadn't been all that exciting save for one chapter and it wasn't one he liked to think on too much.

"Takes a couple of moments for it to kick in, but believe me, its well worth it. Make sure you don't use too much of it at first, don't want to waste any of it."

He watched closely as Rath took a pinch of the powder to sniff. It didn't look like it was too hard to do, so when he took the tin back he got him some of the powder and copied what his friend had done. Immediately his eyes, mainly the one on the side he's sniffed with, began to water and his nose burned a bit. That he was expecting, but he wasn't expecting the bad taste that followed it. "Ugh...I didn't think about there being a taste. It's not great, is it? I'll trust that this is worth it though." He said and then took a long drag of his cigarette to try and rid his mouth of that taste. "Well, what should we do while we wait for it to kick in?" He asked curiously.
Image Image Image Image

Ember

Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:12 am

"Well, what should we do while we wait for it to kick in?"

He would have said something, anything, but part of him held back due to what was hanging just on the edge of his tongue. It wasn't exactly proper and made him chuckle, almost nervously, as he thought about the reaction it might pull out of Sid should he have voiced it. Sudden shock, that's what he pictured at least, and that's not what he wanted. He didn't want to scare the man, his greatest friend at the Weyr, away when they were just getting back on their feet together. This even ground between them felt great, and to ruin that with a few words that were miss timed because he was in need of something that wasn't his, and just out of reach, wouldn't be within his best interests. So he remained quiet, and he just lifted his shoulders and he finished off his smoke and settled on his back, arms behind his back, eyes facing the world upstairs as the stars stared back.

"You ever wonder what's up there?" He asked, and with that question alone, one might wonder if the powder was already working on him; in reality, it was just his way of trying to distract from the tension he felt in his own body. "So many stars up there, there has to be something grand, right? Just makes you think..." Not that he would ever really care to dig deeper - he was quite content where he was, always would be, never would want anything beyond the world his feet were normally set upon - but it was a musing thought, one that had suddenly come to mind and would pick at his brain whenever things were tense between them. "Before you bring it up, yes I'm distracting from something." At least he was admitting to it before Sid could ask.

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―