Look Who I Found .: Tag Ember/K'rios :.

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Talonflame

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 am

It was a warm summer’s day, the young man mused as he stepped out of infirmary, instantly glancing towards the pavilion that his dragon had been assigned during the recovery period that the two of them would be going through. Of course, Armaitath’s injuries had been slight enough that he was nearly fully healed, save for the remnants of the lacerations on his wing. Naturally, the wounds would scar, but thankfully the young man was so attentive of his dragon’s needs that he doubted that they would end up being detrimental to the brown’s flying abilities. His own injuries, however, would need considerably more time to heal, considering how close he had come to getting his insides brought to the outside of his body. Not that he blamed Armaitath for what happened, of course; it had been an accident, after all. An unfortunate one, but nonetheless, it had been no conscious action on the brown’s part. The young man leaned against the wall behind him for a moment, taking the opportunity to rest as he gestured for his dragon to come and join him, and smiling warmly when the brown promptly stood and padded over to nuzzle against the man’s arm. “It’ll be good to get out and soak up some sunshine, I think,” he commented, pushing off of the wall and wincing a bit when the movement caused a sharp pain in his torso.

Rh’van was quick to reassure his dragon when Armaitath moved to stand beside the man, providing something stable for him to lean on until the moment had passed. A gentle pat to the brown’s shoulder seemed to be enough, though he didn’t make any effort to move as he watched his rider carefully shift his weight from one foot to the other. “Sorry about that, lad,” he commented, offering a smile for his brown as he carefully started to move farther away from the infirmary, eager to get out into the sun and get some warmth soaked into his bones. “I’ll be fine, don’t you worry. Just remind me not to push myself very hard, yeah?” He chuckled when the brown vehemently nodded as he followed his rider, though he made sure to keep watching the young man carefully so that no unfortunate accidents happened between now and when Rh’van decided to rest. As if you need to tell me that, my rider, Armaitath commented, rumbling softly as he padded along beside the young man, keeping perfect pace with him despite the still healing wound on his foreleg. Nearly healed as it was, the injury still hurt enough to keep him from trying anything… less than savory for the day. But no worries. Ill remind you of your wounds the moment that you start trying something foolish.

“Well, thanks for th’ vote of confidence, Armaitath,” Rh’van retorted, allowing a hearty peal of laughter escaping him as he reached a place close to the center of the Weyr Yard. He heaved a sigh of relief as he found a rock large enough to settle down for a time. He carefully eased himself into a sitting position, wincing a little as another fresh wave of pain surged through him for a moment. Shards, this wasn’t getting any easier in any sort of timely method, he mused with a deep breath as he carefully leaned back, resting against his uninjured arm as he leaned his face towards the sky, eyes closed to the harsh light of the sun. A smile finally tugged at his lips as he focused on the fact that, despite every single doubt that the young man had expressed in the beginning of his time as a candidate, here he was. Armaitath had found him, and he couldn’t have been any happier. It felt as if a piece of himself that he had never known to be missing had suddenly presented itself, and for once, he felt utterly whole. Nevermind the fact that the brown hadn’t seemed to notice him at first; Rh’van was positive that the brown had merely been so preoccupied with the stresses of hatching and his blue brother’s Impression to who Armaitath had initially thought to be his to truly notice. But no matter what, it all worked out in the end, and they were together, now and forever. “Do me a favor, m’lad. There’s a pewter dragon, Iktomith. Can you contact him and ask him if he and his rider are available? I’d like to introduce you to them.”

Iktomith, you said? the brown asked, tilting his head slightly as he contemplated the name, and the mind that would be attached to it. Without any further thought on the matter, Armaitath reached out, searching for the older dragon’s mind and heaving a sigh of relief when he found it. It was getting easier and easier for him to beseech others, he noticed with whirling blue/green eyes as he thought of exactly what to say in a situation like this. He finally managed to settle his nerves enough to bespeak the pewter without sounding too unsure of himself, and the brown took a deep breath to further calm himself before finally speaking. Iktomith? My rider would like to know if you and yours are busy at the moment? And if it would be possible to meet him in the Weyr Yard?
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:14 am

The voice was young, and strange, to the elder dragon. But he listened to it all the same, knowing that in his position - as much as he might not like it - it was one of his duties to listen out for, and watch over, the younger dragons that hatched from the clutches. So when it was requested of him that he contact his rider, he was a little surprised, but pleased with himself for having the sense to listen out for the brown, and decided that he would be kind enough to turn to K'rios and pass along the message. There's a young brown named Armaitath speaking to me. His rider wishes for your presence in the Weyr Yard.

K'rios looked up from what he was doing. Rh'van? He didn't bother to ask what it was about. Usually if a former student needed to speak to him, there was a reason for it. He finished up what he was doing, and made his way to the Weyr Yard, spotting the young man there relatively quickly. With a smile, he lifted his hand in greeting, a bright grin on his face as he regarded him. "Faranth, that boy of yours has gotten so large!" He chuckled and stepped forward to hold out his hand in greeting to the young man. "How have you been doing?"
Talonflame

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:36 pm

The brown wasn't entirely surprised when he didn't receive any sort of answer, figuring that the older dragon was either asleep at the time and thus didn't hear him, or simply didn't wish to respond to such a younger peer. And so Armaitath merely shrugged it off, though the swift whirling of his eyes, green with tinges of yellows starting to stain them, betrayed his standoffish response to the lack of a reply. Feelings of reassurance drifted through the bond between young dragon and rider, alerting him to the fact that yes, Rh'van was able to sense his thoughts still, and react to them accordingly. It was honestly very comforting to him, knowing that no matter what, his rider would always be there for him, and that they would be able to accomplish anything that the young man set their sights on. Yes, they would be able to do anything, given the proper chance to do so. And that was more than enough for Armaitath, he thought with a soft croon as he stretched his neck out, nuzzling the man's shoulder for a moment before pulling away.

And it appeared as if the brown had done so just in time, for the moment that Armaitath had moved away was the same one that announced the pewterrider's arrival. Rh'van, eager to see the assistant candidatemaster, started to rise from his spot on the rock, only to hiss from the pain that the movement brought him. Rh'van, the brown started, moving to his feet within a breath and moving to offer his body to steady his rider. You really should be careful. Look, Iktomith's rider is coming to you-- there is no need to hurt yourself trying to get to him! The brown sighed his relief when he saw the young man first pause, then allow himself to settle back onto the rock, realizing that Armaitath was right and that he needed to take the opportunity to rest.

When K'rios arrived at the rock that he was resting on, Rh'van offered his own hand, reaching out and grasping the pewterrider's and squeezing lightly as a grin tugged at his lips. The older man's comment on how Armaitath had grown prompted that grin to widen as he glanced towards the brown, who had finally settled back onto his stomach next to the rock, content with the fact that Rh'van wouldn't be moving around so much now that K'rios had arrived. "He really has, hasn't he?" Rh'van commented, studying the brown for a moment before turning back to the pewterrider. "I've been doing alright, all things considered," he responded to the man's query, shrugging slightly while taking care not to hurt himself too much in the process. "Still healing from the injuries I sustained at the Hatching, but it shouldn't be too much longer." His optimism was more than apparent in his tone, but he realized that, realistically, it would still take some time for some of the deeper lacerations to heal. "What about yourself? How have you and Iktomith been?"
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:08 am

It was good to hear that he was well, and still healing good too. It wouldn't be long now before the pair where on even grounds with the rest of their class, which he was certain would be a relief to the two of them collectively. He moved to sit down next to them both, and hung his hands between his knees for a moment, before reaching over to touch the young brown, enjoying the feel of dragon hide beneath his fingers, especially when asked questions like "How have you been?" Because truthfully, he'd been good, but things had been rough for a while after the hatching, he'd just been hiding it as well as he could. Now things were on an even keel, but he didn't normally discuss his private life with students... former students. Still, saying how he was wasn't divulging things in full, was it? Not at all, it was a courtesy to a fellow rider, which was what the younger an was now, in all reality.

"I'm doing good. Better than I was a bit around, and after, the hatching." He lifted is shoulders and continued to scratch the brown. "But that's not really something to discuss between the two of us, truthfully. I'm here to chat about you, and whatever you called me for. So with that in mind... tell me how you are, how Armaitath's been, and what's been on your mind." He smiled at that, letting Rh'van know he wasn't trying to put him off, he was just trying to be kind, and careful. It really wasn't something he wanted to burden the younger man with besides.