Trying to Reason .: Tag Ember/K'rios :.

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Talonflame

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:27 am

Admittedly, she hadn't felt this level of uncertainty since coming to Atricis. By all accounts, she shouldn't have been feeling this way in the slightest, should have been happy and supportive of any decision that her sister made in her life. But she felt like something was holding her back when it came to this desire in particular. And she realized that she shouldn't, especially when she herself was in the very same situation that her sister desired, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that she found she simply couldn't keep ignoring. Perhaps it had something to do with what she knew the girl had gone through in her life prior to being brought into her care? No, she told herself with a firm shake of her head. No, she knew that had something to do with it. It was definitely fear holding her back, and when the assistant candidatemaster had suggested having the two of them meet with him on the matter, she had been more than grateful to him for the offer. Once Ayasena realized just why her sister was so worried about the possibility of her standing, maybe the girl wouldn't think her so selfish. Though she had to remind herself that the key word in that statement was ‘maybe’. Aya was getting older, the youngster quickly approaching candidate age, which tended to be a time of emotional turmoil as far as young girls were concerned.

Kyrielle glanced towards her sister in that moment as they walked, forcing those fears out of her mind for the time being as she realized just how happy that the girl seemed. She had been ecstatic when she had been told that they were meeting with the assistant candidatemaster, and even more so when her sister had mentioned that perhaps the man’s dragon wouldn't be opposed to meeting with her. Couldn't be a proper candidate without being Searched, Aya had said enthusiastically. She couldn't help but smile a little as her sister beamed at her, knowing how excited the girl was and not wanting to bring her mood down with talks of the possibilities. Or at least, not talk about them for now. It would need to be discussed soon, what with how close it was getting to Ayasena’s twelfth nameday and all, but for now she was content just listening to her sister gush about a lovely opal that she had met not long ago. Like the girl, Kyrielle was genuinely interested in all things dragonkin, including the whers, daywhers, and pearls. Perhaps Aya would be interested in standing for daywhers or pearls, she mused idly as they reached the spot in the Weyr Yard that she and K’rios had agreed to meet at. “Are you glad to be speaking to one of the candidatemasters?” she asked her sister, a grin tugging at her lips as the girl merely nodded vehemently at the query. “He’ll be here soon. His name is K’rios, and he’s a very kind person.”
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:54 am

K'rios didn't want to be late for the meeting, even if he wasn't in the best of moods. He wouldn't talk about it of course, or let it get in the way of his work, but suffice it to say, he wasn't looking forward to being outside of his apartment or away from his liquor for the day. Suck it up. You haven't been happy for a while. This was called for and you know the reasons why.

K'rios knew that, and he was trying to suck things up. It was why he'd shown up for work, it was why he had kept his meetings, and it was why he was continuing to meet with Kyrielle and his sister, even though he knew he wouldn't be good for things right now. He would just have to do his best and hope things went well enough that he didn't scare the poor thing and cause a mess.

When he spotted them, he lifted his hand in greeting, and while he smiled, the expression was tight and forced. "I'm not too late, am I?" He figured he might as well start with something pleasant, apologetic even, to ease into things. "Had some things to... take care of." Not a light, not the truth, not something he was going to explain further. "You must be Ayasena, correct?" He said to Kyrielle's sister, this time smiling in a more pleasant manner.
Talonflame

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:29 pm

With how excited that the girl seemed to be at the prospect of meeting with one of the candidatemasters, Kyrielle couldn't help but smile warmly at her sister as they waited. Yes, this was how things were supposed to be, she noted with a faint sigh of relief as Seika settled easily onto her shoulder. The little green made short work of flicking her wings to her back, wrapping her tail around her human's neck in order to keep her balance as she gazed curiously at Ayasena, eyes whirling in contented blues and greens. Perhaps, just perhaps, she could start to allow herself to let go of her apprehensions. Allow the girl to live her life, as she had been allowed to live hers when she apprenticed to the Weaverhall. After all, she never wanted to be considered that sort of person. She wasn't trying to control Aya's life… merely protect her from things that she never properly had time to grieve for before arriving here.

She didn't have much time to ruminate on those thoughts, however, as suddenly she felt her sister's hand grasp her forearm firmly. A quick glance in the girl’s direction told her everything that she needed to know; Ayasena’s eyes were wide in elation, bright and cheerful as she stared across the yard. The older sister followed the younger’s gaze, and lifted her own arm in greeting as she noticed the pewterrider approaching. Ah, so she was quick enough to recognize K’rios at first glance, was she? Perhaps the Searchriders were right in continuing to seek the girl out, and she them. “No, you aren’t late at all, K’rios,” Kyrielle commented lightly, smiling warmly at the man, taking note of the tones of his voice and deciding that now was not the time to inquire any further. But inquire she would, she told herself firmly as he continued, explaining why he may have been late.

The pewterrider turned to Ayasena then, asking if he would be correct in assuming that was her name, and Kyrielle grinned broadly when the girl merely smirked at the rider and nodded enthusiastically. “That I would be, sir,” she added after just a moment, dipping her head in a respectful motion as her sister had taught her to do when they had first arrived at the Weyr. Kyrielle smiled at her sister, realizing exactly what was in the girl’s head at that moment; if she was going to speak to the man about being a candidate when she came of age, she had best be as respectful as she possibly could. But the candidate knew enough about K’rios to understand that, above all, he really wanted to see the girl as she actually was, rather than being respectful to a fault. But Aya would learn that soon enough, she thought with a smile as she glanced between the two for a moment.

Ayasena took over the conversation, and Kyrielle was more than happy to let the girl speak for the time being. After all, the main purpose of the meeting was to figure out exactly what Aya wanted, as opposed to what Kyrielle hoped she would do. “And Kyri confirmed that you’re K’rios. Pleasure meeting you face to face, Assistant Candidatemaster,” the girl commented, glancing around for just a moment, a hint of melancholy showing in her expression for a moment before she schooled it back into her usual feigned cheerfulness. “Your dragon isn’t joining us today? I haven’t properly met a pewter before, and I was very interested in seeing what they’re like.”
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 am

He wasn't there, not at the moment, but K'rios knew he could ask for him to be around. It would take a bit of effort, all things considering, but it would only be for a moment, he would tell the pewter, and then he could depart for the delicate thing he'd been sunning with. "No, he's not here, but give me just a moment and I'll see if I might be able to convince him to stop by for a little visit with you, especially." He paused a moment, smiled at the two, unaware of what was going on behind Kyrielle's eyes, then reached out for his dragon. I'm sure you've heard. I can feel you back there. He rubbed the back of his neck as his eyes unfocused and his mind wrapped around his dragon's very existence. It'll just be a few moments, to please a potential candidate, make her day. A favor to me.

What would be in it for me? The little manipulative shit. K'rios smirked and reached out again, letting Iktomith know he'd play his game. I wan't a bath every day for the next sevenday. If that means twice on certain days, so be it. K'rios licked his lips, because he knew if he tried to argue, the pewter would say no. If he tried to negotiate, the little fucker would say no. He was the way he was and he knew that. He had walked into this game knowing how it was going to be played, and Iktomith knew he was going to win straight away. The smugness rolling off of him was as thick as syrup in the depths of a Frozen Waste's winter.

Deal. He could sense the dragon coming from where he was, so he looked to the girl and her candidate sister when his gaze cleared to fullness and smiled. "I have good news. His Lordship will be here in a moment or two to meet you. He doesn't do this for just anyone, so you're in luck!" Sure enough, a silvery spotted figure soon emerged from the sky, and landed close by, and for all he had spoken about the dragon, a sense of love filled the man as he looked upon the beast. "There he is, Ayasena. Why don't you go over to him and say hello. He's quite eager to meet you." Thankfully, on that, Iktomith agreed, and he crooned towards the girl and dipped his head in greeting.