One Day is Finally Here { tag } Aino / Var'n & Quiloth

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:21 pm

Takes place a sevenday after the hatching.

After Var'n had Impressed, Danteth had made a comment to his Quiloth about him being "boy of Finn" and there had been such an interesting response that Finn knew the two of them had to meet again. She had given the two of them a chance to bond, not wanting to disrupt them, before she made the decision to try and get the four of them together, to see how the two dragons would respond to one another again post-hatching. Perhaps it was a little mean of her to want the two of them together again, but she liked the idea of hearing what the dragons would say to one another, and besides that, she wanted the chance to fully congratulate her brother. She still had to spend some time with R'fael, after his own bonding, and he would be next. First though, Var'n.

Ah, I see the pair of them. Quiloth looks a little bigger than he did on the day he hatched. The garnet followed her rider into the yard, where the little pewter and his rider were, and Finn lifted her hand to greet the pair of them as they neared them. Danteth crooned and bugled softly in her own way to greet them, then called out to both, her boy and the dragon that had bonded to them. Hello Quiloth, boy of Finn! How are you both on this fine day? Boy, your sister has brought snacks if you need any. We might have niblets for you too, Quiloth.

Finn scooted forward and moved, opening her arms up to her brother and grinning, pleased as a bubbly and beaming ear to ear. She stopped just short of pulling him into her arms, knowing how possessive young dragons could be of their riders, and turned to Quiloth. "Pardon me, young sir, but may I have your permission to give your rider a hug, please? I'll give you plenty of scratches if you say yes." She sincerely hoped he would allow her the chance - she was dying to give her favorite sibling a hug, to congratulate him, to maybe whisper "I told you so" as she did it.
Dirce L'van D'kellen D'ante V'ric Na'vi K'rios J'on
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Fali'vas Koda'vis Melangell Cataren Sianca Feraliss Yaranavexa Rathiran

Compendium | NPC Archive | Wanted Connections | Marks Tracker | Emporium

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Ainokesshou

Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Var'n didn't think he could explain to a holder exactly how he recognized Danteth's bugle. But when he heard it, he looked up, even though he ignored the vocalizations of other dragons as just part of daily life at the Weyr. There Finn was, waving at him as well, and he grinned, lifting a hand away from Quiloth to wave back.

He tensed a bit in anticipation when Danteth called him 'boy of Finn,' but Quiloth was definitely only confused this time, not irritated. He is my boy, Quiloth corrected her carefully, before remembering, Oh, Finn is your clutch-sib, he corrected himself to Var'n.

He thought about that for a long moment, then seemed to discount it. He could remember that this woman was important to Var'n, so maybe the woman's dragon just knew that Var'n was important to her. Food would be nice, he told Danteth, I am always hungry.

Var'n echoed his dragon unknowingly, grinning up at the big garnet, before looking at Finn. "Food is always welcome," he said ruefully. "Quiloth isn't the only one growing quickly right now, though I'm hoping this is my last big growth spurt. When I actually get a set of riding gear, I'd like to be able to keep the same size instead of needing to change them out every turn." That was always a problem for some of the weyrlings who Impressed particularly young.

Quiloth took Finn's question seriously, and lifted his head to look as close to her eye level as possible. You can hug him, Quiloth said calmly. He touches others to change their wrappings, he can touch you.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Ember

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:43 am

Hearing this, and knowing it was a good thing that the growing pewter was always so hungry, the garnet settled the food she herself carried for him on the ground. It wasn't much, not what he would have been fed in the morning, but perhaps enough to tide him over until the next time he was fed, which would be one less thing for his rider to have to do. Here you are, Quiloth. I made sure there are plenty of choice bits in here for you. We went hunting earlier, and it was Finn's idea to take some for you.

Knowing that, Finn tried not to worry. Of course he was always going to be hungry, he was growing up; there was no need for her to worry about whether or not he was eating enough with that in mind. It didn't stop her from doing so though, because that was just how she was with her siblings, especially now that she was a mother. She moved forward and gave him a hug with Quiloth's permission, then moved to hand him the basket she held, before turning to the little pewter to give him a scratch. "I still have to go see R'fael. But since you're my favorite, I wanted to visit with you first." There was no hiding that - everyone in the family knew which sibling Finn favored the most.

As for riding gear, she could only offer him one suggestion in mind. "I would recommend making set that's a little bigger on you than you might think is necessary. That way, as you're building up muscle, and in case of another spurt, you'll have it on hand. And if you don't end up needing it, you can give it to another weyrling or rider that might be in need instead. I was in class with someone that did that and it saved them a load of hurt when they went through a surprise period of growth that wasn't at all expected."

[ Threads Wanted ]

“It's better to write something, anything, than to starve the monster. The monster must feed. And it will feed on your soul if not your words. Its appetite is insatiable. Write to save yourself from the monster.”
― Don Roff ―
Ainokesshou

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:54 pm

Quiloth eyed the gift from the garnet speculatively. His hunger wasn't particularly desperate at the moment, but he had been completely honest when he said he was always hungry. Thank you, Danteth, he said, and he leaned in to inspect the first piece, pulling a bit away from the rest before he ate it.

Var'n had noticed that Quiloth was a bit of a delicate eater, but it only made him slower to fill up, he still ate enough for his size. He was keeping an eye on it, but so far it hadn't been anything to worry about.

Var'n accepted the basket, and his pewter accepted the scratch, and Var'n managed not to dig into the food with unseemly haste. He really WAS going through a growth spurt, but he did still have some dignity. He made a little face when Finn said he was her favorite. "I don't think he'll get offended you took time with me first, he might not even notice," Var'n said.

She was probably right about slightly large riding leathers, and he would keep that in mind when the time came. If nothing else, he was likely to build muscle after he started wearing them. "I guess I'll have to learn to make minor changes to them myself, anyway," he said. Altering clothing would be less delicate work than stitching up cuts in a patient, after all, and he had managed to learn that eventually.
Quiloth     Elahrairath     Nahumth      
ImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask                      
Ember

Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 am

The garnet crooned as she watched the dragonet eat, and it amused her rider. She was rarely ever so gentle with anything, save the twins, so she wondered what was making her so gentle now. When she questioned the creature, she snorted through their link and spoke to her bondmate alone. Believe it or not, my dear, I can be gentle when I feel up to it. Besides, this one is important to your boy, so why wouldn't I be gentle to him? Does it not make sense that I would?

Finn clicked her tongue, and chucked to herself, though she would agree with her dragon. What she said made sense, complete and total sense. As you say it, sweets. Just thinking out loud, I suppose. So to say. She shut it down before she could be questioned further and watched the two, garnet and pewter, a few moments longer while Danteth gently rolled bits of meat towards the smaller dragon. But I'm equally allowed to say that it's quite the adorable scene between the two of you.

Looking at her for a moment, the garnet would have rolled her eyes if able. Instead, she let out a huff and continued to watch her small charge. As you say it... sweets. She crooned as Quiloth continued to eat in his dainty way. Did I pick a good bit of herdbeast for you then, young Quiloth? Ii was very careful about what i tried to choose for you.

Finn supposed her brother was right, given the attention that Quiloth was receiving from dear Danteth and the chat they were having about food. "I suppose so. We'll have plenty of time together then." She smiled and listened to what he said of clothes, nodding her head. She wondered if she'd be able to get away with helping him a bit, and figured she could try and sneak a bit in here or there. "If you need assistance at all, a good place to stop would be with the weavers and tailors. Get some good tips from them, especially if you're wanting to attempt to keep up with your own clothing. I had to do the same thing myself growing up." Then again, she had done it out of a stubborn need to feel independent. He had a genuine need to do it. "Tanners would be a good stop as well. It's a shame we don't have Fali with us, I'm sure she'd help without hesitation."

[ Threads Wanted ]

― Don Roff ―