Metallic Offerings { tag } Niomi / Slasher

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:14 am

He sighed at the feel of her around him, even if the embrace was a little awkward. She was still touching him, still near him. That's all that mattered. He glanced at her and smiled, then turned back to Haddy. "You make me happy too, Nimmy." He settled his cheek against the top of her head, resting it there for only a moment, not lifting away until he realized what he was doing. But he didn't jerk away when he did. He lifted quite slowly. "Of all the decisions I've ever made, Nimmy," he said, whispering close to her ear as she held herself close. "Taking you with me is something I'll never, ever regret. You're the best thing that's ever been in my life."
Slasher

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Hearing those words spill from his lips, she almost felt chills run down her spine, the feel of his breath whispering against her ear, across her cheeks, it was all almost too much. Hearing he felt the same, and he was so glad he'd brought her...she could consider no lack of truth in his words, instead reveling in their honesty, an honesty she could hear in them even.

With a broad smile, she leaned up and kissed his cheek before pulling away again, ”Such pretty words...The wort that should be said to one's lover. Quit messing around, Cat.” Oh, but she ached for him to say them to her, as if to a lover...not just the good friends she knew they were, and would always be. With a forced chuckle though, she eyed Haddy again, ”I should feed her soon...She's enjoying the attention so much, she's almost forgetting that she's starting to get hungry...” The young woman suddenly looked at the man, ”Do you know how odd it is to feel another's hunger in your belly? It's honestly very disconcerting...”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:51 pm

It... hurt to hear her say that, when he meant it so much. He was able to hold back on his hurt and swallowed down as she continued to speak, the smile hiding much of what he was feeling in that moment even when he wanted nothing more than to droop and fall apart. He looked down at his hands for a moment and decided it was best to just ignore the feelings racing through his heart. Perhaps it was just the proof he had needed that she was never meant to be his in the first place.

"Yeah, I imagine it is." He gave Haddy one last scratch and reached for the box, held it out to her. "I should let you get to it then, Niomi." He felt a knot in his chest, unmistakable and hard, and he wanted it to go away but it wouldn't. "I'll see you two soon, yes?"
Slasher

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:32 pm

It felt like his words were heavier than they needed to be, and she pushed a smile at him, taking the box with warm cheeks, ”Thank you again...” She dipped the box to emphasize she was thanking him for it again. Straightening, she brushed herself off from where they'd been down and petting the green. Smiling warmly at him, she reached and hugged him again, quick and tight, before pulling back, ”Oh, you'll see us again soon. Sooner than it was this last time, I hope.” Her tone was gently teasing at how long he'd been away from them, but it was the truth as well. She hated that he had avoided them, even if it was because he was working on a surprise. With a quick backwards glance at him, she took her green towards the food, the dragonet trilling happily at him as they left.

Image x10
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~