Metallic Offerings { tag } Niomi / Slasher

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:22 am

It had been almost a month since the hatching, and for about that time, Cat had been providing Niomi with some space, if only to give her the chance to grow with her dragon. It had been a painful experience, one that had meant staying away from her on purpose, and allowing her the chance to grow and create bonds with her weyrling family on her own. It felt silly, stupid, and foolish to think that she would part from him so easily, and more than once he'd seen her look for him - at least, it seemed like she would, because when their eyes would meet it was clear that she wasn't happy with him.

But he would make it up to her. And he planned to. Starting with what he'd made for her in the smith once his arm was back to sorts. It had taken him a while, but he hoped she would like it. After finding the right box in the lower caverns, and working on it himself to make it a little more pretty, and adding some paint and finish to it, he settled the presents inside and went to find her, hoping she wouldn't be busy and would be willing to see him for a bit.

His fingers curled into the wood and he swallowed as he spotted her with her green, who was growing so big, and he knew eventually the gifts inside the box would come in handy, and he felt some nerves in his stomach as he drew closer, and closer still. When they spotted him, he came to a stop and bowed before woman and dragon, bowed before them and smiled, his love for her radiating off of him, but he couldn't help it. Even after a near-month apart, there was no denying how he felt for her. "Niomi, Hadranielth, good day to you both, ladies."
Slasher

Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:39 pm

From the start, Hadranielth had asked after Cataren, who Niomi shared much about to the green. He was a very good friend, and the dragonet was very interested in meeting this person that was so prominent in her rider's mind and heart. Luckily, it wasn't long after the Feast that the weyrling got a chance to find Cat with Haddy in tow, but the young beastcrafter was proving elusive. She'd tried pinning him down a few times, even seeing him and making eye contact before he seemingly vanished. It was proving frustrating, and she was starting to get a little irritated. Which was a very foreign feeling for her, especially towards him.

Regardless of her attitude towards the man, the pair had things to do, and since the sun was out, and she had to oil Hadranielth regularly, the pair took it out into the sunshine. This was an activity that Niomi was surprised with how much she enjoyed. And as Haddy grew, it became more and more necessary as her hide stretched and grew with her. They were actually just finishing as she glanced up and saw Cataren approaching, looking a little...She blinked, because the man looked a bit apprehensive, which was very unlike him. Hadranielth felt her thoughts, and her head swiveled to look at the man too, That is your friend, yes? Niomi nodded and stood, wiping her hands clear of oil on a rag she had brought out for the express purpose. As Cataren bowed at them, she tilted her head a little.

Then offered a polite bow-curtsey back, ”Good day, Cataren.” She straightened, and Hadranielth moved too and dipped her head, but didn't speak to him(not strange, considering most dragon's didn't talk much to others). Then Niomi sighed, and arched her brow a bit admonishing towards him, ”Long time no see.” From her tone, it was obvious she was a little irked at his avoiding them, though she didn't say that. And there was still a mass of forgiveness within her, especially towards him. Why had he been avoiding them though? Haddy glanced between them, then settled down to just watch, content to let this play out a little without her interfering.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
~:Stories:~ ~:Monies:~ ~:Plotter:~
Ember

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:37 am

His heart ached over her tone. It hadn't been like that, he thought, whatever was causing it, though he didn't know what she was thinking. He had just wanted to give her time, and when that seemed like a bullshit fear excuse, he had gone to the smithy to craft her the gift. He looked down at the box and ran his worn fingertips over it. What did he tell her the? That it had been a combination of things? Or that his heart was so eager to make her happy, that he'd gone and made her something special, not a lie, but a majority truth instead?

"You might not want to see me right now, I know that, Nimmy." He said, swallowing, his heart so thick in his voice that it was obvious only to his ears. "But I've been in the smithy making you an Impression gift. It isn't anything special, and probably isn't as good of quality as what the Weyr would give you when you reach the point in training when you'll need them, but I'm pretty certain they'll come in handy. I had to scrap quite a few before I perfected them. My fingers aren't exactly tiny."

He handed her the box, or at least held it out, hoping she would take it, and smiled. "I know I've already said congratulations, but it's a present I hope you'll accept, for you and your girl both."
Slasher

Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:19 pm

She didn't mean to sound so...aloof? Irritated? She wasn't even sure what she was. On one hand, she was glad to see him, finally. But then...why had he avoided her so? It was like when she didn't see him much when she was a Candidate...A sudden sour thought retched through her mind. What if he had avoided her so much because he didn't want to be at Atricis? Didn't want to be around her? She bit the inside of her cheek slightly to interrupt those thoughts. He was standing right in front of her, and she could feel Haddy at the back of her mind, lurking, watching curiosly.

But then his excuse spilled from his lips, and she went still. An Impression gift? But, she didn't need such things...That was silly...Though her mind drifted to a few of her fellow weyrlings, and it was true, some of them had received small things from their loved ones. Cataren was her only loved one, and...Her cheeks colored a little. ”Of course, I'll accept it, Cat...But...I mean, you could have at least said hello a few times. We tried finding you.” She reached out, accepting the box. Before she opened it, she glanced down to Hadranielth, then back towards Cataren, ”But I haven't actually introduced you two yet...” Before she had a chance to say anything more, Haddy spoke up, broadcasting her voice for both of them to hear.

I am Hadranielth, your very good friend. He is Cataren, also your very good friend. Hello, Cataren. Now open it. Niomi blinked several times, then offered Cat a slightly defeated expression, ”Well, then...”

Looking down at the box, she gently undid it, then let it swing open on smooth, silent hinges. At first, she didn't recognize them. What exactly were they? But then as she let her eyes follow the lines and curves of metal, she realized where she had seen those familiar shapes. And from the look of what was in the box, it was a complete set, which was saying something. Looking up at him, she realized tears were trying to threaten her eyes, but she didn't care, ”Cataren, they're beautiful!” She quickly knelt and set the box down so Haddy could nose around at the contents, and as she stood her arms flung around him, a tight, firm and lasting hug, ”Thank you so much!”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:33 pm

She knew, without asking she knew. That was all that mattered to him was that she had an understanding of what he'd intended with the gift. Without having a chance to say hello to her dragon, or thank her for the greeting, he had Nimmy in his arms, and he accepted the embrace with one of his own, smiling when she was there, and he sighed happily as her scent started to assail his senses, as the feel of her pressed against him made sparks shook across his exposed skin. He closed his eyes, wishing this moment could last a lifetime, knowing that he would have to let her go in a moment, in two, in three, now.

He set her back on her feet, cupped the back of her head, and kissed the crown, the first show of affection he had displayed upon her in ages, and one he knew would get them both in trouble if someone had seen it. "Now, when you finally get to use them, a piece of me will be with the two of you when you're in the skies." He stepped back and looked down at the green, crouching down before tears could fall down his cheeks to hold out a hand in the hopes that she would allow him the honor of touching her and scratching her eyeridges, as he'd heard dragons frequently enjoyed the sensation of.
Slasher

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:03 pm

Regardless of him avoiding them, it was all forgiven immediately. Honestly, she had probably forgiven him as soon as she saw him approaching, but it wouldn't do to let him know that. She had realized when coming to Atricis, that she didn't have to keep the attitude of his servant. They might even be closer to equals now, and that was...odd to her. But maybe, just maybe...someday...If he didn't find anyone else first, which she was sure he would, but...there was that hope still.

And with his arms around her...She breathed him in. But then felt him relax back, and inwardly she was a little sad to let him go. But he had every right to say hello to Hadranielth, so Niomi smiled as he knelt to say hello to the lounging Green. For her part, Haddy's eyes whirled thoughtfully as she eyed this man. This person who was so prominent in her Rider's heart. Fascinating. The dragonet didn't quiet understand, but this person was special. And as he extended his hand, she deigned to push her head up under it, rumbling softly.

Niomi let a breath out that she hadn't realized she had been holding, I thought perhaps you wouldn't like him... Haddy glanced towards Niomi without pulling her head away from Cataren's pettings, Why would I dislike him? You love him, so I will love him too. Niomi's cheeks colored heavily, and she was glad Cat was kneeling down and couldn't see. It was so odd to hear it stated to flatly, and she was very glad that Cat couldn't hear Hadranielth unless the dragon wished it. ”She likes the spot just behind her eyeridges rubbed, like fingers sliding down the whole thing...”
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:00 pm

He made sure he was at the right point before his finger stroked the spot carefully, ever so carefully, and then, ever so slowly started to rub along the length of the eyeridge just as instructed. He was fascinated by the Haddy's eye, by the shape of her head, by the feel of her beneath his fingers. He'd never felt a dragon before this, and it was interesting to him. He was glad she was the first one he was setting his hand upon, and it made him smile to think that she might be enjoying this, for all the inexperience he had dealing with dragons.

He looked up at Niomi, wanting to ask if he was doing it right. After all, what if he wasn't, what if the croons meant he was doing something wrong? But he was stuck as he looked up at her, something in the way she was moving, the way she looked at him in return. He just smiled at her, softly, and felt his heart nearly burst. Fuck, he loved her. Slowly, the smile still on his face, he turned back to the green, and not thinking she would hear him, he spoke to her in his mind. Take care of her for me, please...
Slasher

Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Hadranielth couldn't help but offer soft happy rumblings from the man's hands. While her rider's were not necessarily soft, this man had fingers that were equally as rough, and that slight scratching work-roughened hands gave felt honestly amazing agaisnt her green hide. Whirling eyes closed in contentment, and she sighed happily. Niomi, for her part, couldn't help but smile warmly at the two beings she loved the most, and the fact that they were getting to know each other.

Little did Niomi know, though, that Cataren had offered a little private whispering to her Green. Granted, Cat probably didn't realize that Hadranielth could hear him either, but she could. The dragonet shifted and stretched herself out a little, her wings fluttering as she relaxed under his fingers, You took care of her for turns...Now we can share. And those words were only in the man's mind, Cat could catch hints of amusement and affection from the young dragon, and she rumbled happily, eyes whirling.

Niomi couldn't help but feel gleeful at the pair of them, and finally she sat down again, ”I'm glad you two like each other...Granted, Haddy isn't hard to like.” She reached out and added her own hand to the eye scritches, and the dragonet practically melted, A dragon could get used to this... Niomi couldn't help but laugh softly at that, Hadranielth's voice lacing through both their minds.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ember

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 pm

He was surprised when the green spoke to him, but he had the feeling he wasn't supposed to share that she had. Somehow she had known, about how he had taken care of Nimmy at least, and so he held in that shock and kept himself from looking up at her rider. Instead, he continued to stroke his hands over her soft, green hide and smiled at her, thinking maybe he could try to speak to her again. If she had heard him the first time, whose to say she wouldn't a second time? Thank you. Please... don't tell her... And so he stopped, before he revealed too much of how he felt, of how much he wanted to see Niomi safe despite it all.

Glancing up when the young woman spoke, he smiled at her and nodded, his gaze traveling back to her dragon. "She's perfect. I'm glad you have her, that she's in your life." It was a relief that she had Impressed, even if it changed up the dynamic between them. It meant her own things, her own path, her own way of life. It was a good thing, even if it made his heart ache inside. "You deserve to have this precious being at your side." He turned to Haddy and leaned in to kiss the tip of her nose. "I shall make something for you next, okay, dear green? I don't know what, but it will be something nice, I promise."
Slasher

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Niomi just grinned as Cataren spoke, shaking her head a little, ”You brought me here. I have you to thank for her, really...” She could never have dreamed at what her life would turn into before, back up North. There was no thought even towards what might happen in her future, other than she had only ever hoped to still be in Cataren's life, wherever it led. And it had led them here, and led her to Hadranielth.

Haddy dipped her nose a little with the kiss, eyes whirling contentedly soft greens and blues. At his offer, she crooned a little, though didn't speak anymore, too enthralled with the double scritches to even care anymore. Niomi chuckled softly, then glanced at Cataren with the offer as well. On an impulse, she leaned over, her arm hooking around him in a sudden, and very awkward hug, considering their position on the ground, and Haddy, ”You've no idea how happy you make me...” Her voice was soft in his ear, almost tearful, though there were none.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage