Comfort of the Heart, Solution of the Mind - Jora | Parker

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:33 am

Though his lips drew thin upon his face, Revanne remained resolute about her gesture. After all these turns in his company, witnessing his thoughtless inclinations, it irritated Revanne to realise that J'lek really believe she would so easily set aside her own sense reasons to give him that which he desired. Such impatience was a telling sign. I will not be another impulsive affair- Especially with the variable of Lorcan still hanging on her heart. No matter the amount of hostility Lorcan had shown her, letting J'lek touch her with such familiarity after his confession, when she was still attached to Lorcan, was disrespectful and beneath her. The newly impressed bluerider deserved better than that.

"You know I've always loved Benden. The only reason I ever left was because of Pops."

That did not mean he did not love Atricis now, especially after living in the Weyr since his adolescence. Once more, Revanne found it difficult to believe him.

"Reva...I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better now, but...I know nothing will ever really do the trick. I'm just going to be here for you however you need me to be. I'm not expecting anything, I don't want anything other than to see you smile again...for real."

She pulled back even further from him, only to slip to her feet entirely so he would not have the opportunity to touch her so intimately again. Perhaps it seemed innocent enough to him, a gesture that friends so often partook in, but the moment J'lek came forward about his feelings and second chances, all of that had changed. Now Revanne could not help but feel wary towards him when he touched her face and brushed her hair away. "I..." lips pressed together in deliberation, formulating the plot of events soon to take place. "I think for now I just need to talk to Lorcan." A sigh of resignation escaped her before she reached up to tuck away that loose strand of hair as a mark of her insecurity.

What if he yelled at her again? Would he tell her to fuck off like he had before? Lips quivered. Did he even want anything to do with her anymore? Did she even want anything to do with him? She covered her mouth once more as eyes clenched. She fought so hard to overcome the fresh onslaught of sorrows. The battle was nearly lost until she managed a deep, catching breath to regain herself. "I should go."
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:32 pm

"I..." lips pressed together in deliberation, formulating the plot of events soon to take place. "I think for now I just need to talk to Lorcan."

Jora rose to his feet when she did. He was an asshole, yes, but he was gentleman enough to stand when a lady stood. Still, for all as he would have liked to give her a comforting hug, he didn't. Instead he stayed where his feet was planted. The bronzerider was not at all surprised by her decision of what to do next. "I understand. I will hope the best for you...." And what he meant by that was that he hoped that Lorcan wasn't his normal, dickish, self when she tried to speak to him. If the new bluerider ended up yelling at her or upsetting her the way he had again well...weyrling or not Jora would have something to say to him about it.

"Reva..." Jora said to stop her from walking away completely yet. "Really, if you need me for anything...call me. I will be there for you." In whatever capacity she needed. He wasn't going to push, he wasn't going to try and sway, he was simply going to be there and try to be the best damned friend he could be. In fact, he figured a talk with his father would not hurt things. The man was old...surely he would have some wisdom or solid advice of what he could and should do. Plus, if he did end up leaving Atricis for Benden, he'd have to let his father know anyways. He'd rather not surprise him with it.

{fin}
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Image Image Image Image Image
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash