Comfort of the Heart, Solution of the Mind - Jora | Parker

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Shaihulud
Pronouns: She/Her They/Them

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 am

When he held her with both arms tight about her, Revanne was loathed to pull away, but she had to. Instead, she regarded him with the sorrow of apology, and waited for either his anger or dismissal to answer her.

"I said I was going to stick by your side and I mean it. That is...of course...if you will allow me to."

A soft smile graced her damp features as she looked to him, for she was relieved to know he would always be there for her. His response told Revanne that for all her heartache now, all was not lost, for she still had her friend. Though if J'lek thought she would interpret his decision as his confession to transfer with her, he was mistaken. "Of course, Jora, you're my friend," she answered. Slowly, she eased further out of his arms, though she kept her hands dedicated to him, setting either one on his wrists with a gentle squeeze. "And no amount of distance between us can change that. Though I will hold you to it. You will have to write to me, but I'll promise to do the same. And you can come to visit me in Benden, and I promise I'll visit Atricis... though-" her lips quivered once more "-I'm sure V'an would be upset with me if I didn't..."

The idea of leaving behind her brother struck a chord with her. After all these turns of finally reconnecting with her brother, and now she had to leave him again.

She looked down for a moment, contemplating on the future. To keep Hydranth safe, she would not transfer out until at least two months from now. That would give Lorcan and Hydranth the time they needed to bond together. As for Lorcan, Revanne was still confused as to how to approach the matter. Maybe once she collected herself, she could go see the newly Impressed weyrling, and for that one evening, she could be the friend to him. However, all romance between them had come to an end.
Parker
Site Admin
Title: High Ebilness
Pronouns: He/Him

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Jora didn't hold onto her as she eased out of his arms, but like her he kept his hands dedicated to her in some way. A wicked little smile continued to grow on his face as she spoke. He thought he'd been obvious, but apparently he hadn't been. Or perhaps she was far too distraught to catch on to the hidden meaning in his proclamation to stay by her side. Finally, he couldn't help but give a small chuckle.

"Oh you cute, oblivious thing." He said as he brushed some of her hair behind her ear. "When I said I was going to stick by your side, I meant that in the literal sense...not just figuratively." The look on his face was soft, warm, and loving. "I coming with you, back to Benden. If you'll let me." That would hopefully be clear enough to her.

Before she began to ask any questions or say anything he continued. "New Atricis has been and is my home, but so is Benden. It always has been. Honestly, and I know this might not be the time to say this, I realize what a fool I've been....and I'd like the chance to fix that."
Image Image Image Image Image
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

.::..::..::..::..::..
PC Character Tracker | Marks Tracker | NPC Stash
Shaihulud

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm

Revanne's mind still attempted a formulate a plan when that chuckle lapped against her ears. J'lek was laughing at her? The brownrider turned dual toned eyes back to the man, brown and blue furrowed in confusion as he referred to her as a "cute, oblivious thing".

And then his hand reached to her, touching her, brushing her hair away... tucking it behind her ear. She immediately recognised the intimacy behind the gesture, which was only confirmed by his confession. "When I said I was going to stick by your side, I meant that in the literal sense...not just figuratively." The way he looked at her amplified the confusion that clouded her eyes, for she could not bring herself to accept the very thing she now knew he was about to say. "I'm coming with you, back to Benden. If you'll let me." Eyes widened in astonishment, and yet it did not stop there when J'lek edged in one last word before she could find the ones she needed to speak.
"New Atricis has been and is my home, but so is Benden. It always has been. Honestly, and I know this might not be the time to say this, I realize what a fool I've been....and I'd like the chance to fix that."

"No, it is not the time," the words tumbled out of her mouth before she could stop them; yet for all she regretted them, she meant them. How could he do this to her when she had cried to him moments earlier about the heartache she experienced with Lorcan? She gathered herself to her feet and walked several paces across the shimmering grass away from the bronzerider. She gave herself a moment to think, to try and formulate her words, sound words, logical words, but her emotions got the better of her. "Do you always like taking advantage of women when they're vulnerable? I mean, what the fuck, Jora! You never wanted me before, but now you do? Because... what... I finally moved on? Do you have any idea how awful you sound right now? And after I depended on you, confided in you... as my friend! You have the audacity to tell me now that you've been a fool? Why didn't you tell me months ago? Turns ago! But instead, you tell me now when I haven't even decided to break up with my boyfriend?"

Perhaps she had been a bit harsh, though shards if the man did not deserve it. She had trusted in him only for him to take advantage of that trust.

If J'lek had any doubt about her outrage, he merely needed to look at Morath, who glared down at the man with red eyes, and Morgan who now stilled herself in the grass. Even her ruby eyes reflected back at him in disapproval.
Parker
Site Admin

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:05 pm

Jora was expecting some irritation, annoyance, but the outright rage was a little more than what he had been expecting. Smartly he sat silent as he took the berating she was now giving to him. The only expression on his face was one of slight confusion and contrition. She wasn't going to break up with him? That certainly seemed as if what she was going to do. Why else be this torn up and speaking about missing New Atricis? He swore, women were so damned confusing.

Well fuck.

He'd dug himself into quite the hole and now he had no idea how to dig himself out of it. There was one thought, but he even doubted it would work, but he decided to give it a chance. After all, if it didn't work, then he'd be in this same position and no worse off. "Just a second." He said as he stood to his feet.

Jora walked away for a bit, far enough to not be seen, and then he walked back and sat down. "There you are, Reva, I've been looking for you. And this is the first time that I have seen or spoken to you this evening. Whatever is wrong? Is there something I can do to help? In a way that a good friend can help. A good friend that knows better than to say inappropriate things at inappropriate times. Things that only an insensitive jerk would say and then be immediately sorry for." It was a gamble...but he hoped it worked.
F'lin & Mnenomth | C'sian & Gastoneth | Sid'nis & Iolith | Ao'mek & Tlamehath | Lorcan & Hydranth
Image Image Image Image
So'cles & Ylpeysth | Locke & Wraith | Kisle'vis & Cetovas | Journeyman Zaynallen
Darrow & Argow | Naji & Weisdan | Candidate Carver | Ferghas & Fersk | Corbin & Corsk

Shaihulud

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:02 am

Where Revanne expected an apology, she instead received an askance of reprieve. "Just a second."

One blue, one brown, both eyes followed after the man who disappeared from her view, much to her dismay. After such a declaration that left her swimming in tumult, he had the audacity to abandon her? The cruel gesture left her to stare after him with her mouth agape in indignation. And then the guilt came. It began to lap along the back of her thoughts, eating away at her with doubt, berating her for the sharp beratement she had delivered to him. Already she knew she had lost Lorcan for all her heart refused to give up on him so soon. Did she now lose J'lek as well?

The panic began to settle in her heart, but before she could stand to her feet to chase after the bronzerider and shout out her apology, he had returned to her and settled at her side once more.

"There you are, Reva, I've been looking for you. And this is the first time that I have seen or spoken to you this evening. Whatever is wrong? Is there something I can do to help? In a way that a good friend can help. A good friend that knows better than to say inappropriate things at inappropriate times. Things that only an insensitive jerk would say and then be immediately sorry for."

Torn by her emotions, Revanne managed a quivering smile, only to lean forward and embrace him. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Rather than say another word, she held J'lek close to her, fearing she might lose more than her heart, but that she might lose her friend. Her body trembled against him as she took several long breaths to calm herself. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that." No matter how much he offended her, Revanne found it impossible to stay angry at J'lek for long... even if the bloody man deserved it.
Last edited by Shaihulud on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parker
Site Admin

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:20 am

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

Jora breathed a sigh of relief, though he tried to not make it noticeable. His ploy had worked....at least for the most part. That didn't mean he didn't still feel an ass for being so fucking insensitive. Morath had even told him to be the friend she deserved and he'd failed at that. Once again being too selfish even if that was not what he was meaning to be. He wanted to be the friend she deserved and he wanted to prove to her that he could be more than...than...what he'd previously shown to her to be.

"No, don't apologize. I deserved that yelling and then some. I'm sorry I'm such an insensitive asshole." He said sincerely as he held her tightly against him. A caring kiss was placed on the side of her head as he gently rocked her in his arms. Yes, he was a fool. He was beginning to see that he'd always been the fool when it came to her and their relationship. He hated that now...when she was going through such an upset...that he was now realizing it. Though, if he was honest, he had begun to see it after he'd realized that he'd lost all chances when she started seeing Lor. There was no way for him to know if this was fate giving him another chance and he wasn't going to assume that either, but he swore he was going to do his damnedest to be whatever she needed from him. She made him want to be a better man and that was not something to be taken lightly.

"Seriously, Reva....I'm here for you. I will always be here for you. You are so important to me. I promise...I'm going to be the friend you need. No matter what." Even if that meant being happy for her if she is able to work it out with Lorcan.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:25 am

"No, don't apologize. I deserved that yelling and then some. I'm sorry I'm such an insensitive asshole."

"It's not your fault, Jora. You can't help it that you're an asshole," Reva uttered tearfully, albeit with the faintest smile of humour. Arms mirrored his own, tightening about his waist as his tightened about her shoulders. Curled within his embrace, Revanne found sanctuary from the sorrow. He kissed her brow; her eyes sealed closed in peace; and all the while she heard the steady beats of his heart murmuring assurances to her.

Had he meant what he said? About how he felt? The brownrider was not ready to confront his confession, not when Lorcan still lingered in her heart. Instead, she absorbed the comfort J'lek had to offer, and disregarded his former proclamations of regret and mending. Let them face the matters of his heart in another moment of time when she was confident he spoke from a place of love rather than regret.

"Seriously, Reva....I'm here for you. I will always be here for you. You are so important to me. I promise...I'm going to be the friend you need. No matter what."

Fingers tightened their hold along the folds of his tunic, clenching in thought before she let go and pulled back to regard him. Her gaze roamed his face in search of sincerity. Though one eye was scarred with the white of blindness, the other provided her with the honesty she sought. "I understand-" she gave a nod of acknowledgement "-But please, Jora, whatever happens, promise me you won't transfer to Benden Weyr." The idea of the man tearing himself away from his own family, especially his own children, and all for her, was an injustice the brownrider would cut at the source before it could flourish.
Parker
Site Admin

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:51 am

"It's not your fault, Jora. You can't help it that you're an asshole,"

Jora laughed at that. "I think I could probably help it a little bit." He knew that was true. Yes, he knew how to be a responsible, functioning adult when it was really necessary. However, there was a lot of ways in which he still acted the flippant young man that had first moved to Atricis way back when. He knew he could be less of an asshole, more caring and considerate, and he was determined to be that way.

"I understand-" she gave a nod of acknowledgement "-But please, Jora, whatever happens, promise me you won't transfer to Benden Weyr."

He brushed some of her hair out of her face as she leaned back to look at him with sincerity. Yes, he had family and children here at New Atricis and he did love them dearly, but...he had this gut feeling that he should go. He couldn't explain it, so he wasn't going to try to, but sometimes a person had to trust what their gut was telling them to do. Besides, he was a rider, it wasn't as if he was the sole person raising his children or that he couldn't come back pretty much when he wanted easily. "I will promise you that whatever I choose to do in the future will be decided on after deep thought and consideration." He couldn't promise that he wouldn't go...but he could promise that it wasn't going to be a rash decision.
Image Image Image Image

Shaihulud

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

"I think I could probably help it a little bit."

Possibly, but Revanne was too kind to say it. To be fair, however, J'lek had been a bit of a rude prick for as long as she had known him. For the man to renounce his rustic ways was a rejection of himself, and ultimately unacceptable. No, J'lek was better the way he was, for even if he frequently played the part of the boorish bronzerider, he still had a heart in times like these when she needed it most.

When his hand reached once more to tuck away her locks of hair, she reached up to stop him. Instead, she set his hand down to rest it between them, to prevent it from distracting both.

"I will promise you that whatever I choose to do in the future will be decided on after deep thought and consideration."

A sigh of disappointment escaped her, though who was she to stop him? The best she could do was ward him away from any irrational decisions, though to be fair, she had mostly failed on that front in the past. Ultimately, J'lek would always do what J'lek wanted to do. "All right... I just don't want to be the cause. You move to Benden, you move there because you want to be there." Lips pressed together, the pause giving her the strength to say the rest, "Because I'm never going to love, Jora."

After turns of waiting, turns of hurt, turns of impulse, and turns of growth, Revanne had come to accept she and J'lek would never be. He had his chance, but had decided to cultivate habits that were incompatible with her own. For all she still loved the bronzerider as a friend, his turns of rejection and philandering had made her realise she could never love him as a soulmate. They were simply not meant to be together.
Parker
Site Admin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 am

"All right... I just don't want to be the cause. You move to Benden, you move there because you want to be there." Lips pressed together, the pause giving her the strength to say the rest, "Because I'm never going to love, Jora."

Jora's lips pressed together in a thin line as she moved his hand to place between them instead of allowing him the comforting gesture of brushing her hair back. He supposed he understood all things considered, but he feared it was a sign that she was going to continually push him away from her. That was the last thing he wanted. He wanted her to know that he was going to be there for her no matter what, but how could he be when she pushed him away.

"You know I've always loved Benden. The only reason I ever left was because of Pops." It was the truth. When he left Benden the first time it was because his father had decided to transfer. He'd left behind his siblings as well, all so he could remain with his father whom he loved. He certainly still loved the man, but now that he was grown up he knew he had his own life to live as well and his dad...well, it wasn't as if his father was short on children to raise. The thought made him chuckle to himself. He could only hope to be so virile in his old age as well. Jora did not see moving back to Benden as him abandoning his family, he would never do that...sometimes a person simply needed a change of scenery...or in his case...to follow what his gut was telling him his heart wanted.

"Reva...I wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel better now, but...I know nothing will ever really do the trick. I'm just going to be here for you however you need me to be. I'm not expecting anything, I don't want anything other than to see you smile again...for real." Jora seriously doubted that she would never love again. Oh he was plenty sure that she genuinely felt that way, but he did not believe it for a second. He had sworn he'd never love again after Rivany and he had...if a scoundrel like him could do it...so could she.
Image Image Image Image