Meeting the Other Sibling <Tag Sunaia>

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
LdyPayne

Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Lerina couldn't say she felt Sunaia may not be ready for any dragon, not when she was so discouraged after being left Standing so many times. Her health may have been part of the reason in the past but from what she heard she seemed stronger now and clearly the Candidatemaster felt she was healthy enough for Candidacy.

"In all honesty I don't really know but it certainly can't hurt there is a far broader range of dragon types to choose from here and eventually one will hatch just for you. Whether it's a traditional colour or one of the others the only one who will know for certain is the Hatchling when he or she breaks shell."

Now that they finally reached Issormoth Lerina let Issmorth and Sunaia speak, interested in what her brown would have to say to her half sister and how Sunaia will react to him. Fortunately Lerina knew what Issormoth said to Sunaia otherwise she would have been confused as to why Sunaia became so former with the brown.

<Sir? yes, I do like that form of address. It is so very appropriate for a brown such as me,> Issormoth responded, looking mysterious. <Don't fret however about keeping me waiting, that responsibility I put on my girl's shoulders.>

"You could have got up and walked towards us if you were truly that impatient," Lerina responded in amusement. Turning to Sunaia she added, "There's no need for calling him 'Sir' or any of that. He's a brown, not a Lord Holder and he's never complained about being addressed simply as Issormoth."

>You take all the fun out of meeting new people,> Issormoth responded, letting Sunaia hear his thoughts as well.
Caryatid

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:53 am

"Oh, but I was raised to always be proper and formal when meeting a gentleman for the first time, and he is clearly a very proper gentleman." Sunaia half-turned, one hand lifted higher than the other as if she were presenting the brown to his own rider. See? See what a gentleman Issormoth clearly was?

Her teasing was brief, thankfully-- she wasn't nearly as funny as she always hoped to be. But her smile, which lingered, was warm and affectionate as she regarded them both in turn.

"You're very kind to me, Lerina," she decided finally to say. "Thank you. For being supportive. I didn't want or mean to take up all of our meeting with my... my moping or worrying about the future. It is enough to make your acquaintance. And Issormoth's too, of course."

She dipped a nod to the dragon, to make certain he was-- and felt-- included in her remarks.

"It's hard to mope, in such wonderful company."
LdyPayne

Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:16 pm

Lerina gave a light chuckle at Sunaia's actions. It was nice to see her half sister had a teasing and humourous side. Not that her earlier worries about Impressing bothered Lerina at all, the fact Sunaia kept trying showed the girl wasn't going to give up easy.

"Don't let Issormoth's complaints about us taking too long to get here so he can meet you make you think I was in anyway bothered by our talk. I have a feeling you haven't had somebody in your life lately who would be supportive and a good listener for you to talk with. I know I haven't, not since our father left Igen. Now that I am here in New Atricis I found not only my father but two half siblings too."

<Moping wouldn't have discouraged me to want to make your acquaintance, but it is pleasing to know now that you are here meeting me, moping has gone away.> Issormoth responded, resting his great head on his for epaw so he could better look at his rider's half sibling. <Besides, your sire rides my sire, that makes us family of a sort too, does it not?>
Caryatid

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:26 am

Sunaia opened her mouth to protest but Lerina's argument, regarding the number of confidantes in her life, was not inaccurate. And even here, though he insisted she come to him with anything, L'van was so rightfully busy that she hesitated to go running to him with every problem. Finally, she inclined her head to the brownrider and found a small, rueful smile.

"Issormoth must be that for you. A confidante. But it's nice to have family too. My mother didn't have other children, and Papa's children were all elsewhere. With you and K'rios here... it's wonderful. It'll take some getting used to but I'm grateful for it, Lerina, thank you."

Then the brown was inserting himself back into the conversation and she had to laugh again. He did have a way with words.

Sunaia lifted her hand and stepped forward, but she didn't quite reach out to touch Issormoth. That would require permission though she made the offer of a muzzle rub with the gesture. "I think that means we both have the best sires in all of Pern, between us," she agreed. "Zenjarth has always been my favourite bronze, and now you can be my favourite brown, for the way you have about you."

Her smile included both of them. "You're so well matched. It's incredible to think anyone could believe it wasn't right, the two of you together. Just a few minutes spent and it seems clear to me."
LdyPayne

Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:07 pm

"I have a couple of sisters on my mother's side back in Igen who were a great comfort when events happened forcing our father to leave. After I Impressed Issormoth he was my rock during a tough Weyrlinghood and definitely my confidante. Having family around me again however is a relief for me. Father, K'rios and now you, I really do hope we can be great friends and be each other's confidantes especially since there are some things a girl wants to talk about and one's dragon isn't always the best sounding board.

Issormoth was more than happy to accept a muzzle rub but he waited for Lerina's silent approval before he lowered his head an lightly bumped his nose against Sunaia's hand. <I will be proud to be seen as your favourite brown and do my best to continue to live up to it. Unless you are joined with one of my brown kin, in which case I will understand if I fall to second.>

"Thank you Sunaia," Lerina responded, leaning against Issormoth's forearm. She couldn't see herself with any other colour nor would she trade Issormoth for a more traditional female colour, not even a gold.

ooc: Good spot to wrap? We can do a new thread, now that Sunaia Impressed. I had wanted to get Lerina in the Hatching Feast to congratulate Sunaia but I was feeling a bit thread burnt at the time especially for large threads.