A New Friendship Forged { Tag } TalonFlame/D'aen

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:38 pm

The South was no different than the North when it came to fighting Thread, Duke was finding. Same general practices, same general drills, same general attitudes: burn the shit from the skies and ensure it didn't reach the ground. The only differences he was finding was that they were a pinch more efficient, something the former rider of Fort thought he would never find himself thinking. It was the truth though, and it was an appreciative truth, one he could come to nurture and watch grow now that New Atricis was his home.

I like our new home. It has been kind to us so far.

Duke smiled at that and nodded. New Atricis had been extremely kind to them both on a variety of means so far. It had been a bit of a curve, stepping down from leadership to simply being among the Wings again, but it was good. He needed it, needed this, after what had happened. He was more than happy to take what the Weyr offered, and he wasn't going to argue against the bounty they set out before him. Something was better than nothing, and as much as he was used to luxury, he wasn't going to be an ungrateful shit, especially when they could have turned their noses up at a rider from a Weyr that had a less than amiable relationship with them.

Thankfully though, that hospitality was one of the things that was drawing him more deeply into the arms of the South, and he knew the decision he had made had been a wise one, even if made based on emotion and the need to escape heartache.

Glancing at his dragon, he finished examining Wojoth's hide for any imperfections that might have come about during Fall, but there were none to speak of save for one or two minor smudges that were easily tended to with a light spread of numbweed. Crooning, Wojoth nudged his rider and wanted desperately to curl up around his blanket, but Duke shook his head. Gear is off, so you need a bath. Splash off, find a pretty thing to dry off with. We'll have cuddle time with the blanket later. Wojoth huffed but the allure of being able to curl up with one of the garnet or zultanite beauties he'd recently became acquainted with was too much of a pull to ignore.

Rolling his eyes, Duke looked around and noticed another bronzerider with his dragon, who was waiting to be seen by the very busy healers. Since his injury - it looked like some heavy ashburn to his trained eye - wasn't very serious, it would seem that he was being made to wait while the more serious injuries from Fall were being tended to. Well, Duke knew what he was doing, and his own dragon was tended to, so why not volunteer to take care of a fellow rider's bond while he was in the vincinity? He approached and touched the other man's shoulder, lifting his head towards the great beast when they turned around. "Mind if I have a look at him?"
Talonflame

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

While so much of the South seemed to be different when it came to their customs and the like, the young man was happy to discover that when it came to fighting the ancient scourge of Thread, there was no difference between South and North. The general practices and attitude was the very same: burn it from the skies, make sure it didn’t reach the ground, and if it did reach the ground, burn it in the burrow as quickly as possible to ensure minimal loss of vegetation or life. The Istan rider was surprised to find, however, that it seemed as if the Atrician riders had streamlined the process to make fighting Thread a bit more efficient than the North had, which was interesting considering that Atricis hadn’t been established here in the South for very long. After all, the Northern Weyrs had had centuries to figure it out, and even then there were far more casualties than he thought were truly necessary. So he could certainly appreciate the fact that Atricis was trying not to cause so much pain while protecting their territories, and he found himself quickly deciding that despite the differences in customs, he could very easily see himself calling this Southern Weyr his new home.

Beside him, his dragon rumbled happily despite the heavy ashburn that marred his handsome hide. New Atricis has been very kind to us thus far, my chosen. I think we will both like it here very much. The rider nodded in agreement, knowing the bronze was right and knowing that perhaps things would start looking up for them from here on out. There had been far too many bronzes at Ista for them to truly step up to the plate, the current leadership there had preferred allowing the older bronzes to keep their positions instead of allowing the newer blood to put in their bit of input. Or even allowing the younger bronzes and browns to gain some much needed experience, so that they could become better integrated in the inner workings of the Weyr, and so they wouldn’t be completely lost on the off chance that one of the younger ones did catch the senior queen during a flight. But Ista was a far different Weyr, and far too lax on letting the older males do whatever they felt like for his liking. But they were here now, and it seemed as if this Weyr was more willing to let the younger generations have a chance. Which would definitely be a plus for both himself and his beloved dragon.

The hospitality of New Atricis was one that D’aen had welcomed with open arms, and the young bronzerider was eager to see what this new home would have in store for the two of them. It seemed as if this split second decision of his to leave Ista for the South was certainly turning out to be the right one for the both of them, even if Rhovanioth had happened to be injured during their first Fall in their new home. The injury wasn’t a particularly bad one, honestly, but the fact that the bronze got injured at all was something that D’aen wasn’t terribly proud of. It didn’t speak well for them at this early junction in their time at their new home was… embarrassing to him, to say the least. Beside him, Rhovanioth offered a croon, leaning his head down in order to gently nuzzle against the man’s shoulder in an encouraging fashion. You’re right, my lad, the rider thought with a faint smile, reaching up to rest his hand against the bronze’s muzzle. Everything will be just fine here, and I’m worrying far too much.

Of course Im right, the bronze commented, his mindvoice not haughty in the slightest despite the comment. If you would realize that Im right so often, you would do well for yourself, my rider. The bronze rumbled in amusement as they waited patiently for a healer to arrive to tend to his injury. It wasn’t a particularly bad one, after all, and there were others that were far more injured than himself. He could afford to wait just a little while so that the others could be tended to. However, it seemed as if they wouldn’t have to wait a very long time to be looked over after all, as another rider walked up to them, the man seeming to glance Rhovanioth over in a calculated way that seemed to imply that he knew what he was doing. The bronze tilted his head slightly towards the newcomer then, but didn't say anything that would announce the other’s arrival until the older man rested a hand on his rider’s shoulder. Ah, look at that, my boy. It would appear as though we don't have to wait that long after all!

D’aen, on the other hand, had been far too busy jerking slightly when he felt the pressure of another’s hand on his shoulder to pay attention to what his dragon was saying. Of course, he quickly schooled himself back into a more relaxed state of mind, turning to face the other man with a slightly raised eyebrow. He listened intently to what he had to say, offering a relieved smile as he ruminated on what he was asked. “Would I mind?” he repeated, his tone slightly incredulous at the thought that the other man even thought that he would mind such a thing. Of course, he supposed that would be because he didn’t know anything about the other rider, and if he had been in a different position, he actually might have minded. But it was a different situation, and the other man looked as if he knew what he was doing. “By all means,” he commented, offering a warm smile as he took a step to the side, allowing the other rider the chance to reach Rhovanioth. “I’m D’aen, by the way, and this handsome devil here is Rhovanioth. What’s your name, and your dragon’s?”
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:50 am

Duke made his way forward, and began to take a look at the other bronze with permission from the man's rider. It didn't take him long to find the source of the problem, but that meant that he needed to take careful plans to treat him. He wanted, also, to take a closer look at the rest of him to ensure there weren't any other problem areas that might have been touched upon - minor or otherwise - just to be safe, especially after a sudden and quick appearance between. He started to move around the dragon's flank, smiling that he was a calm creature so far, and then glanced over his shoulder at the one that had introduced himself.

"Rider D'aen, a pleasure it is to meet your acquaintance. I'm Duk-- D'kellen, though I commonly go by Duke. I rider bronze Wojoth." He lifted his chin, making sure that the other bronze could be seen, then tilted his attention back towards the one in front of him. "That's him over there, if you'd like a look. The one with the light ash-burns on him." He still winced to feel them on "his hide", but he knew they would ease up once the numbweed started to seep in. "I was a dragonhealer before Impressing... though I'm guessing that's pretty obvious by now if I'm taking a look at your boy."