Dual Purpose Little Chat <Tag K'rios/Ember>

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
LdyPayne

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Lerina was pleased to learn she shared some common likes when it came to food with her half-brother, it certainly would make it easier to know what to cook should she decide to have her new siblings over for a meal someday. A chicken stew did sound delicious even if it would cost a pretty Mark to purchase the less common fowl.

"No need to find somebody else to cook it K'rios. If you can get the recipe and we can pool our resources to get all the needed ingredients I will gladly cook it up for us all to enjoy. We can invite father, Sunaia and any other half siblings we may have at Atricis at the time. Or we can just keep it between us and enjoy it together." Lerina didn't mind sharing with the rest of their family but with chicken being more expensive, to get enough to feed five or more people may be more of a challenge. For a special occasion she would gladly fork the cost, it wasn't like she had a family to support or really needed to buy much with her Marks to survive daily. In fact the Weyr provided just about everything she could possibly need so what else did she really have to spend money on?

"That's amazing!" Lerina agreed. It never occurred to her she may share a Turnmonth with K'rios or any of her other half Siblings here in the South. Fortunately their Turndays were far enough apart they could have separate parties and two reasons to get together during the month. "We will definitely have to celebrate our Turndays, I celebrated my last with father and he gifted me with a furflit, a most adorable gift I could ever wish for. Not that I expect any such gift from you or Father next Turn. Besides, I have enough pets to care for now as it is."

"Your daughter sounds very sweet, can't wait to meet her." Lerina hadn't had much opportunity to meet her nieces or nephews from her father's side of the family, most she knew were from her siblings from her mother's side. As it was, she didn't know if she'll ever see any of them again. Mentally she decided she will make a trip to Igen and check on her family there. A part of her was tempted to go the very moment she became Weyrwoman should that ever come to past. However she didn't want to wait that long, it could be many Turns before Issormoth ever caught a gold much less the Senior Gold.

"It's a shame her mother didn't have much interest in being part of her life," Lerina responded. Though she didn't mind children herself she definitely didn't see herself as a mother, ever. Should that every happen Lerina was certain it would be because she decided to adopt, she had no interest in procreating herself. Not something she needed to mention with her half brother however. "Good to see you are taking up fatherhood with such enthusiasm and joy and there's nothing wrong with leaving Norissa with the Weyr Creche when you're busy, every father has to work to provide for their family so I could never see why some people would frown upon a child being watched over in a creche just because their father or both parents are dragonriders."

"Oh, so who's this special person in your life?" Lerina asked, smiling. It was good to know K'rios had somebody special in his life, but it seemed her half-brother was as hesitant to reveal who it is as their father was. Lerina kenw L'van was seeing somebody but he hadn't given her name and Lerina hadn't been able to find out who it was yet, not that she was actively looking. With K'rios however, she was curious and wondered if she'll have a new sister-in-law soon should they become Weyrmates.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 pm

He thought about it. The idea of having a chicken stew dinner for their family was a nice thought, and probably a better plan than having it for just one or two individuals considering the price and rarity. "You know, we should do that. Pool the resources, get some of the chickens, the vegetables, the tubers, some wine... invite family over, have a good dinner with everyone. They could all bring treats, desserts and the like. Make it a touch special for everyone. We so rarely get to see everyone, some of us hardly know each other... I know it seems so big of me to think but it would be nice, considering how widespread everyone is. What do you think?"

Even so, he would make sure she got something special from him next Turn. Maybe not a pet, but he would think of something at the very least, he just wasn't sure what yet. There was still plenty of time to think of that though, so he tucked away any ideas for now, and knew he could talk to their father about the rest of it later. "I'll keep that in mind, but do expect something from me at least. Perhaps by the time our namedays come along, I'll have learned enough to have something lovely and in store for you."

"Certainly, and I have no shame in having her there. She's happy, has friends, and the creche aunties love her. I look forward to introducing her to you. Father tries to spoil her, he's good with his grandchildren, but I don't let him get away with too much of that." He was glad his little one had a well adjusted life so far, full of love and happiness, and that she was surrounded by family that cared for her. It would always be important to him to see to it.

"But as for my lady... her name is Nizhoni. We've known each other for a few Turns now. Been friends, flirt buddies, had benefits with one another off and on. But it's been more serious in in the past Turn or so. We're nosing towards something a little more permanent here, but we'll see how that goes." He smiled thinking about her. "I'm seeing her a bit later in fact, I'll have to introduce the two of you later as well."
LdyPayne

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:46 pm

"It will take some arranging, mostly making sure we can find an evening when we are all available ahead of time so we can get what we need to cook the stew," Lerina responded. "Having the others pitch in with desserts and sides would make easier. We can work on getting it arranged and we can all enjoy a meal together."

Lerina wasn't the sort of woman who liked too much fancy gifts or even minded if no gift was given her on her Turnday. What she really liked was having family around and enjoying their company. Ever since she left Igen she had missed having family and it took her awhile to warm up to her father again given the Turns she resented him for leaving only to learn he had no choice in the matter.

"I'm not very materialistic but I will cherish any gift you give me K'rios so don't worry too much about what to get me for my future Turnday," Lerina assured him. "I also hope to know you well enough to be able to give you nice gifts too."

Lerina didn't recall ever meeting Nizhoni but it was good to see how K'rio's face light up when he talked about her. As far as Lerina was concerned if this Nizhoni made K'rios happy it didn't matter if she would like the girl or not. "I look forward to a chance to meet you some day."

As much as she wanted to continue talking about future things with her half-brother she was aware she had taken up quite a bit of his time. She also had her own duties to see to. As it was she did have the chance to discuss the main things she wanted to talk to him about, both professional and personal. As she liked him so far Lerina realized they could talk for many Candlemarks and still have things to say but there had to be an end eventually. Besides they could meet again as often as they could to resume getting to know each other better.

"I probably should get going, I'm sure you have Candidates to check in on and other work and I have my own duties to see to. We definitely should get together again soon." Lerina rose to her feet and took her notes from when they had been talking about differences in Candidacy between the North and South.
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:54 pm

He really liked the idea of getting together with the family. It was a... task to get everyone in one place, for certain, but as she said, they could work on it together and ensure they could put it all in place. He grabbed some hides from the stack in one of the drawers and started to scribble a few thoughts and notes, sure he would show them to her before she departed. Just little ideas of their dinner so far and what they might need. When he was done, he shifted it towards her. "Just what I'm thinking we'll need so far, what we've discussed really. If I think of anything else I can write it down and get in touch with you about it all."

He was't a very materialistic person himself, though he cherished all the things that he had for various reasons. "I understand that. I think the things I hold closest to heart are the pictures and crafts that Nori has made me since she started to put things together. She made a tiny "dragon" out of clay one time... really just a lump of something with smudges that were meant to be wings, but it is one of my most prized possessions, and holds pride of place on one of the shelves in my apartment." He grinned just to think about it. He and Lerina had more in common than he thought, and he knew they were going to get along just fine.

"Yes, of course. The pull of duty. We're all bound to it." He smiled and rose himself. He felt good about the conversation they'd had together, but held out his arms to her. "Just before we go of course, if you don't mind?" He wasn't sure if she was the affectionate sort, but if she was, perhaps she wouldn't mind hugging her big brother before they parted for the first - and hopefully not the only - time.
LdyPayne

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Lerina smiled in approval when K'rios pulled out an old hide and started jolting down things they would need for their family dinner. She added a couple things once he finished writing and agreed to let him know if she came up with anything else. As the list went so far she was certain nobody will go hungry. Just thinking about the dinner excited her, it would be so great to have a sense of family again as a whole and not just individuals.

Hand crafts may not be something she was very good at but Lerina was certain she could find an appropriate gift for K'rios. They had nearly a Turn now to get to know eachother better and that will make buying a gift easier. Maybe she'll get him a pet, once she learned what he liked in pets or if he liked them at all.

When he rose and opened his arms for a hug Lerina didn't hesitate into stepping into her brother's arms. She returned the hug warmly and added a pat on his back before withdrawing. How she had missed hugging family and it was good to know K'rios didn't mind hugging his siblings.

"I could never say no to a hug especially from family," Lerina assured him afterwards, an invitation for them to hug again when they next meet. "I'm glad we had this talk K'rios and look forward to helping out with the Candidates in the future, as long as the Candidatemaster is agreeable."

She then gave a wave and took her leave.

ooc: And that's a Wrap, unless K'rios has any parting words? I don't know if we should create a new thread and invite all the other L'van scion players and date it currently? or would it be better to PM all the applicable players? (which is you and I and Sunaia's player? I can't recall if any other L'van children were approved and active.