Rebuilding .: Tag Kate/A'ric :.

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Talonflame

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:14 am

It was strange to the young woman, being in the crafter complex. Even stranger for her to consider herself an apprentice, considering her age, but there was simply no helping that one. She had aged out of candidacy. After standing several times on Telgarian sands, she was sent to Atricis, under the pretense that perhaps a dragon clutched elsewhere would find her a suitable partner. How little did the Telgarian riders know, she thought somewhat bitterly as she made her way out of the complex, entering the Weyrbowl in the full midday light and wincing a little as the bright sun hurt her eyes. Had she really been expecting anything different here? Had she honestly expected something to change, just because of a change of scenery?

She shook her head a bit, trying to rid herself of her thoughts as she glanced up at the sky, grateful that she was acclimated to the light by this point and the act didn't hurt her further. While a dragon apparently wasn't in her future, good things had come from her transfer to Atricis. She had made a few friends already, and it seemed like even more were on the way. All in all, very much good things, and even taking her apprenticeship back up was a plus. She doubted that Telgar would have been kind enough to allow her to stay very long after aging out. Much less the two Turns that she had remained here at Atricis. And even then, she had very nearly caught up with her apprenticeship so far. It wouldn't be much longer before she was a proper journeywoman, as she should have been six long Turns ago.

Enough, she told herself firmly, standing to the side in the Weyr Yard and waiting semi-patiently for a meeting that was long overdue. She had wanted to speak to the person she was meeting for some time, but life had simply… gotten in the way. Her aging out, and subsequent ‘re-apprenticeship’, had eaten up a lot of her time. And there had been things in his life that had kept her at bay as well. After all, as awkward as it would have been to invite him to the apprentice quarters of the crafter complex, it would have been even more so to ask to go see him in his weyr. She supposed that didn't help things along in whatever friendship they had in the past, and she had opted to stay out of it when he started to pursue relationships in other riders. It wasn't a world she belonged in, and she had to remind herself of that. But at last, she had gathered the courage to ask him to meet her in the Weyr Yard, hoping to rekindle their friendship. All she had to do now… was simply wait for him to arrive.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

.::| Saelle |::.

.::| Character Tracker .::|::. Marks Tracker |::.
Kate

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:56 am

Dark eyes started at the bronze rider's reflection in the mirror. Why had he agreed to this again? Well, not that he was upset by it, but he was just nervous. Alessial had been his friend for a while now, why was he suddenly so nervous that she had asked him to see him? All she probably wanted to do was go get some food, catch up, and stuff like that. The two of them had seemed to hit it off when they had first met. the two of them had hung out a few times, and honestly, A'ric had believed that the two of them could have been something more, but he just couldn't make up his mind. He kept figuring if he mentioned anything, that it would ruin the friendship they did have. That was pretty much how things had always been for him, anytime he met someone he kind of liked.

Bringing himself out of his thoughts for a moment, he let them drift to a different subject. Things had been really busy, for the both of them. A'ric had started a "relationship" with Kit. The bronze rider was not sure exactly what the two of them had, but he knew there was just something about her. Now that they had Viktor, it was like there was something else there, he just couldn't put his finger on it. With spending alot of time with Kit, Viktor, and then being Weyrleader, he hadn't had much time for himself really.

Letting out a slow breath, he finally turned away from the mirror. Everything was going to be fine. Things had finally started to slow down and get back to normal, and it was ht only time the two of them could get together.

A'ric, stop worrying. You really do worry to much. You still lack the confidence of a true bronze rider.

Of course Behemoth would have to stick his comments in. Most of the time the two of them got along, but when A'ric got nervous or anything, the big bronze always wanted to just jump on it. A'ric just decided to ignore him this time, and headed out to his his friend in the Weyr Yard.

When he reached it, he saw her, and stopped for a moment, taking another deep breath. After that, he walked over, smiling. "Sorry if I kept you waiting. I lost track of time. Hope you weren't here long."
Image Image Image Image Image
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Talonflame

Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:02 pm

As she waited, she found herself becoming more and more nervous, even starting to drum the fingers of one hand against the other arm not as a sign of impatience, but as a way to move without beginning to pace. What was wrong with her? She never acted anything close to this before… so why was she so anxious now? It simply wasn't like her, and she hated it more and more with each passing second. She was confident, she had always exuded self-assurance. For her to act any different was something no one else had seen in her, or rather that she didn't allow them to see it. No, it seemed as if the only person who could cause her to feel this sort of thing was the bronzerider that she had requested the presence of. Well, him and perhaps his cousin, though she hadn’t interacted with Varric nearly enough to be able to tell that with any sort of accuracy. Perhaps not, then, she thought with a slight shrug as she reached up, idly twirling a stray lock of hair around her finger as she glanced towards the man’s apartment yet again. Sharding nerves, she thought with a slightly derisive snort as she moved her hand once again, firmly resting it against the crook of her other elbow with a sigh.

And then she had to remember that perhaps… unlikely, but just perhaps… A’ric wouldn’t even show up. After all, though the two of them had been friends for some time, and she had quickly found herself growing all the more fond of the man as time had passed, neither one of them had said anything to the other that might have hinted towards something more. Alassiel because she hadn’t wanted to ruin what they had before Impressing, simply because she understood that a dragonrider’s world was something that others… scarcely understood well enough to commit to without being a rider themselves. Who knew what the explanation was in the bronzerider’s case, she thought with a faint sigh as her eyes glanced upwards for the briefest of moments before settling on his door once again. Either case, things had been busy for the both of them, what with her situation and A’ric starting a ‘relationship’ with one of the Weyr’s zultaniteriders, even having a child with the woman. Not that she wasn’t happy for A’ric, mind you, but she couldn’t help but feel a pang of jealousy whenever another person mentioned the child and the zultaniterider by name.

Oh, enough of this, Alassiel, she told herself with a firm shake of her head, turning her gaze away from the bronzerider’s apartment long enough to close her eyes to the world around her for a moment. You sound like a child. Stop this foolishness. She was right, of course; all of the thoughts swirling about in her head were of a very childish nature, and she had to force herself to stop before allowing them to fester in the back of her mind. She took in a deep breath, releasing it slowly as she turned her eyes to the sky, wondering for a moment about just what might have been. If she had managed to Impress, as opposed to aging out as had been her fear the entire time she had been a candidate. Would she and her dragon, whatever that may have been, be airborne? Of course, as it had been well over two Turns since she had been refused the chance to stand again, but what was it like? Soaring through the skies on the back of a creature wholly bound to you? It had to be nothing short of euphoria, and she had so longed to feel it for herself one day. Ah, well, she thought with a sigh. At least she could still be useful to the Weyr as a smith, and she would be allowed to stay on and practice her craft. New Atricis could always use smiths, as they make the sort of weapons that were invaluable to hunting. Yes, she could still remain in the Weyr, still be close to her friends, and especially A’ric. He had been one of the first to truly make her feel welcome, after all. He and Behemoth both, she thought with a smile as the massive bronze entered her thoughts. Yes, things were starting to look up, and she realized quickly that she didn’t need to feel nervous at all.

That was, until he exited his apartment, entering the Weyr Yard. She realized that he was there right away; she would have had to have been a fool not to. She drew in another deep breath at the same time he had, though she hadn’t physically seen the man doing so, and glanced in his direction right as he stepped up to her. As always, his smile was infectious, bringing out one of her own as he greeted her, apologizing for keeping her waiting. Perhaps that had been for the best, you see, but she wasn’t about to let him know that just yet. “No, not long at all, really,” she commented, lightly shrugging as if to let him know that it really wasn’t a big deal before offering him a smirk, a hint of her old playfulness leaking back into her face as she allowed herself to relax at long last. “I’ll just ignore the fact that you just told me you lost track of time, for now,” she added, winking a bit as she allowed a light chuckle to escape her before crossing her arms in front of her stomach, each hand resting lightly on the opposite arm in what could have been interpreted as a defensive stance to those who didn’t know her as well as he did. No, not defensive, just cautious, and with good reason at the moment, considering how long had passed since they had truly been around one another. “It’s been too long, stranger. How has Behemoth been? And… and how is Viktor? I hear he’s growing like a weed lately.” And there it was again. The pang of jealousy as even she herself mentioned the child. Damn, she would have to stop feeling that, and soon.
.::| Alassiel of Akath .::|::. Rh'van of Armaitath .::|::. Kyrielle .::|::. D'aen of Rhovanioth |::.
ImageImageImageImage

Kate

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:54 am

Studying his friend for a moment, a smirk came to his own face as she spoke to him. Pretending to be shocked he said, "Hey wait a minute, why are you only going to forget for now? Can't we just forget I even said anything?" Of course, he was only joking with his friend. A'ric didn't want her to think that he was as tense as he really was, so he felt the need to keep the mood light. Neither of them wanted this to be awkward, he was pretty sure of that, but at the same time, Honestly, this probably would have been easier a little while ago, but who had known everything that was going to happen. Not that they had really drifted apart or anything, it was more just like, they had been really really busy with their own separate lives.

Once in a while, the bronze rider found himself wondering what would have happened if he hadn't found Kit, and had her and Viktor now. Could things have worked out between the two of them? Sure, he had felt some kind of spark, but in his defense, he at least, thought it might ruin whatever they have. Anytime he thought he had had the courage to say something about the possibility of being something more, that thought kept him from actually saying anything. No matter how hard he tried not to think about things like that though, it just always seemed to happen. He didn't have those feelings for his friend anymore, not since Kit, so he didn't know exactly WHY he thought about it, but he did. Kit was the one, somehow he just knew it.

Actually, the bronze rider would go as far as to say that he loved her, but the fact that Kit wasn't that type of person, stopped him from toying with that thought for too long. A'ric was still in the process of trying to find a way to talk to her about it, explain how he felt, let he have her say. Honestly, he knew she probably would just laugh it off or something like that. Maybe that was what was stopping him from actually saying anything.

Alassiel brought his mind back to what was going on, and he smiled softly at her questions. "Behemoth is doing very well. We're Wingleaders now, and we were even the Weyrleder for a little while. Behemoth is happy now that we reached the top. He was a bit of a jerk when we weren't Weyrleader anymore, but he's been getting over it.." The smile one his face widened even more when Alassiel mentioned Viktor. Anytime someone mentioned his son, he just couldn't help but beam proudly, no matter what. "Viktor is doing great, growing faster than I would like, and times just seems to be going by faster and faster. Seems like he's always getting bigger and doing new things and I just find myself wishing things would slow down sometimes." Still smiling, he finally realized that he hadn't said anything else, and didn't want to be rude.

"What about you? How are things going? It's been a while. We have a lot of catch up on Im assuming?" Of course he said it in a light tone, with a smile, but he knew there was a lot of truth behind it. It had indeed been a while, and they really did have a lot to catch up on. This was long overdue, and he was going to try his best to not make it awkward.
Isiana & Andromedath | A'ric & Behemoth | K'uavaen & Synsith | Talen & Khonlen | Devyn & Isamuyn
Talonflame

Mon May 21, 2018 6:23 pm

She couldn't help the smile that came unbidden to her lips as he joked with her, and did she almost regret the fact that all at once, she felt at ease again? No, she told herself, fighting the urge to shake her head vehemently at the thought. It was only natural that she felt at ease around him; he was a friend, first and foremost, after all. It was a natural thing that people felt calm and relaxed around their friends, anyone could tell that. But at the same time, the air of discomfort that had suddenly developed around them couldn’t be ignored as well. So much had happened, not necessarily between the two of them, but their lives had grown so busy since her first standing as a candidate at New Atricis that they had been simply… too preoccupied to speak to each other often. In a way, the two had drifted apart, but in a way, they hadn’t. That much, at least, had been made evident to her by the fact that she felt more at ease now that they were speaking than she had when she had been waiting. And that was when she realized that perhaps it would be best for her to say something, rather than standing there like a dimglow. “See, I could forget you even said anything. But then say I needed you do something for me later, and didn’t have any leverage to convince you?” she asked, her tone making it obvious that she was joking with him, as well. They both had to keep the mood light, or else one or both of them would go completely mad.

Perhaps she was simply being silly, being jealous of another for what they had. Was it entirely possible that she could have the same sort of happiness for herself, with another? She had often wondered what things would have been like if her friend had never found the woman he was with. And it was in those moments that she truly realized how selfish she really was. Who was she, to bar him from his happiness? She saw it in his face, even now; he cared for her deeply, one might even call it love. For one who hadn’t felt that sort of thing, she could never truly understand how he felt. And so she had to stop being jealous, had to stop being selfish. No, this was her friend, and she loved him too much for that. She had to force herself to be happy for her friend, even if for so long she had tormented herself into thinking otherwise. So she forced another smile to her lips as he started to speak, answering her queries as if nothing at all had changed. Perhaps they didn’t have to change, she thought with a wry laugh inwardly.

Of course she had known about his stint as Weyrleader, and had been immensely proud of both her friend and Behemoth. She hadn’t had the time to say anything to him about it, and she was saddened for that, but there wasn’t terribly much that she could have done about that. She smiled again, and a genuine one this time, and for the first time in a long time, she looked her friend straight in the eye. “It will take some getting used to for Behemoth, I’m sure,” she commented, chuckling softly at the thought of the bronze irritated at anything, but understanding in the same breath what he was going through. She wanted nothing but the best for herself as well, and her time in the Weyr was certainly helping her in that regard. “But you’ll reach the top again. I know it. You and Behemoth are deserving of nothing less,” she added, one eye closing in a sly wink to her friend before he continued on, speaking of his son with a pride that only a parent could have for their child. Ah, this was what she truly missed, seeing him happy and smiling. And in the end, wasn’t that all she ever wanted for him? She reminded herself silently to make something for Viktor for his nameday, perhaps something small like a statuette. A little figure of Behemoth, that would be perfect! She could even emulate the bronze’s coloring almost perfectly.

When A’ric asked about her, a faint blush came unbidden to her cheeks. It had been… a while since she had truly talked about herself, and she was almost scared to do so after all this time. “You really want to know, don’t you?” she asked, shaking her head softly and looking him in the eyes once again. A first sign of nervousness that she had ever shown to anyone, the young woman bit at her lower lip, knowing that things were different between them now, no matter that she had honestly hoped for otherwise. Things had to change, it was the way of life, and though things were changing in a way that she hadn’t anticipated, they were still better. She had to remind herself of that. “As I’m sure you already knew, I aged out of candidacy. Around two Turns ago, if my memory recalls. I wasn’t sure what to do for a while, honestly. I was torn between staying here and continuing to make friends, or to go back home to Telgar and continue my craft.” Her eyes blurred up at that moment, and she looked away then, not wanting him to see how aging out still upset her, even to this day. Two Turns had passed, but it did so in just about the blink of an eye. “In the end, I decided my friendships here, including my friendship with you, was worth more than running home with my tail between my legs, so to speak. So I stayed. And… A’ric, I’m sorry that I waited so long to get back in touch with you. So much happened in so short of a time, and I felt that backing away respectfully for a while was necessary.”
ImageImageImageImage

Kate

Wed May 30, 2018 1:03 am

Raising his eyebrows, the bronze rider just shook his head, chuckling a bit as he listened to his friend. This was how stuff should be right? Getting teased by your friends, and messing with them right back? Actually, A'ric had never really been very good at messing back with people. Oh once in a while he was on his game and all that, but usually, he wasn't. As Alassiel's voice reached his ears once more, he starred wide eyed at her, pretending to be in shock from what he had just heard. "Wait just a minute now, you're planning on blackmailing me if you ever need to? Come on now, that's cold." Of course, even as he said that, his dark eyes glinted with silent laughter, and his tone was light and teasing. A'ric was actually quiet pleased with himself for having had some kind of come back. A small smirk played on his handsome features. "Well then, I guess if you are going to have leverage on me, than its only fair that I try and find something I can use as leverage on you if I ever need it." The thought of doing that to her as payback was certainly entertaining, but the young man highly doubted he would ever do anything like that. Sure, he might joke about it, but actually doing it was another story. Besides, he was always the good person, and would probably never be able to blackmail anyone, no matter how hard he tried.

As his friend mentioned his bronze, A'ric gave a slight shake of his head and a chuckle. "Some time? Honestly I don't know if he will ever get used to not being on top again. Don't get me wrong, it was great to be Weryleader, I think I held my own, but even just being a Wingleader is a great achievement. Unfortunately, my bronze does not really think the same way I do about things like that." For a moment, more thoughts of the bronze took over. Ever since they had bonded, the two of them had kind of butted heads from time to time. Ok, maybe a bit more than that, but still, now it seemed better, that was, until they went from Wingleader, to Weyrleader, and back. Behemoth knew that this is how things went, he didn't really deny that. He was just irritated at not being at the top. With his attitude, A'ric had expected this, and just tended to still ignore it most of the time. Sometimes he would console the bronze, other times he would tell him to stop whining, that they still had a high ranking spot the Weyr. After a while, Behemoth had finally loosened up about it a little, and that had eased the tension between him and his rider. Turning his eyes back to his friend, he offered her a small smile. "Thank you, that means a lot to me. We work hard, and we've done pretty well for ourselves. I was really never expecting to become Weyrleader as quickly as we did. Or well, it seemed like it was quick to me anyway." With a slight shrug he continued, "But being back as a Wingleader, it gives me a little more time to be with Viktor and do things with him like a father should."

Now A'ric knew that being a dragon rider and having a child was very difficult, which is why they had the creche. His father had always been around for him, and the bronze rider wanted to make sure that he would be there for Viktor as much as he could too. Already, time seemed to be going by way to fast. It felt as though it was just yesterday that his son had been born and he had become a nervous, first time father. Where had the time gone?? He was proud of the way Viktor seemed to be turning out, but then again, he was probably just a little biased as well.

Smiling softly he said, "Of course I want to know. If I didn't, I wouldn't be asking, would I?" While he said it with a smile and a joking tone, he was serious. Of course he wanted to know how his friend was doing, and what had been going on. As he listened to his friend, he smiled a little. "You don't have anything to apologize for. Knowing you, I'm very glad that you didn't run home. I've missed talking to you. I never held it against you, as Im sure you've never held us not seeing each other for a while against me. You had to do what you had to do, and we've been just been really busy. But we should make some time to hang out some more. Make some time to be good friends again, you know?" Of course, they had never NOT been friends, but it would just be nice to be able to get together more was all he really meant.

"Besides that though, things are going good for you huh? Now that you've taken some time?"
Talonflame

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 am

For the first time in a while, the young woman found herself relaxing a bit, at last finding some semblance of peace in her current situation. Of course, that didn't make it any less awkward than it already had been, but that didn't mean that she couldn't feel even slightly better about her current settings. Yes, this was how things were supposed to be. Teasing one’s friends, only to have them retort in just as teasing of a manner… it was just the way things were, at least in her opinion. Things seemed to be taking a turn back towards the better, though she still had to admit that perhaps things could be a little less… strange at the moment. But perhaps that would change with time as well, she thought with a slight shrugging of her shoulders, barely noticeable as such as she listened to what the bronzerider had to say. The wide-eyed pretend shock brought another smile to her lips, knowing without saying anything that he was teasing with her yet again. A chuckle escaped her as she heard him say that he needed to find something to use as leverage against her, just in case. “I would say good luck finding anything, but I know how clever you are, A’ric. You’ll find something, whether I want you to or not.” And no, she wasn’t just trying to boost the man’s ego, not that she had to do that in the first place; he was very obviously clever, and had to be to attain the rank within the Weyr that he currently held.

And speaking of his current rank, Alassiel smiled a bit as her friend shook his head and chuckled softly at her mention of Behemoth and his pride. His words didn’t really catch her by surprise, as she knew how both rider and dragon reacted to certain situations, and she even nodded in agreement to what he said about the bronze not thinking the same way as the rider. “Well, of course the two of you will disagree on some things,” she commented, shrugging lightly as if to say that it was simply the way things were. “You wouldn’t be a properly functioning pair if you didn’t. Can you just imagine what it would be like, being bonded to a creature that thought and acted the exact same way that you did?” Her query was accompanied by a slight grimace as she thought about it as well. No, thinking independently among each other was the backbone of any relationship, and she did firmly believe that. “But anyway. For what it’s worth, I thought you and Behemoth did perfectly.” And she truly meant that, but some would attest it to what her feelings towards the man had once been. But no, she saw the signs of greatness when she saw them, as she was one who had always strived for it during her time in the crafthall.

The man mentioned his son again, and she couldn’t help but noticed the way that his face always seemed to brighten up at the mention of the boy. Was that… was that just the way parents were? She had always noticed the same of her own parents whenever they spoke of either her or Alariel, but she had little to compare it with, considering the fact that she had no children of her own yet. Perhaps that would be another thing that came with time, she thought with a slight frown as she realized that, as a rider, her friend wouldn’t have a lot of free time with Viktor. Not like her father had been able to spend with her, in any case, and that was something that caused her frown to deepen slightly. Being a rider and a parent must be nothing short of exhausting, and the fact that Weyr and Pern had to come before anything else… well, that just made things all the more difficult for the riders, didn’t it? “I’m sure that he appreciates all the extra time with you,” she mentioned with a faint smile, trying to hide the fact that she worried about how the children of dragonriders coped with their parents’ attentions being focused elsewhere so often. Maybe that was just another one of those things that only weyrborn folk understood, she thought with a sigh as the conversation drifted once again, the subject gratefully changing and allowing her time to think of something else.

She listened to everything he had to say, just as she always had, and knew instantly that it was true. Neither one of them really had anything to apologize for, considering that life always had a habit of getting in the way of things. Not that she minded, as everything that had happened had given her time to process the fact that she had to pick her craft back up after aging out. She didn’t blame anyone or anything for the circumstances, but the fact that she was so behind in the craft meant nearly starting over from square one again, and that in itself was nothing short of frustrating. “To be honest, A’ric… running home simply wasn’t an option for me. You know how stubborn I’ve always been, and to admit failure… I couldn’t bring myself to do it.” She closed her eyes for a moment, shaking her head to emphasize the fact that it wasn’t a part of her nature to do such a thing, but also emphasizing the fact that the option had always been there. She was certain her family would have loved having her back with them, but her home was here now, and she couldn’t just abandon it. “And I’ve missed talking to you, as well. I… I would like to take the time to get reacquainted, to just hang out more like we used to.”

After a moment of silence passed between them, A’ric spoke again, asking her how things were going for her now that she had taken her time of respectful distance. Her brows furrowed as she actually had to think hard on that particular question. How were things going for her? She had to admit that they had been difficult at first, the frustration of aging out reigning over anything else, as well as the unbidden anxiety over what she was going to do with her life now that she was no longer a candidate. “Well… things actually seem to be getting better by the day,” she replied, shrugging slightly as if to say that things were as well as they could be, considering the circumstances. “I’m relearning things I had forgotten about my craft, and the nights are starting to get better, now that I’m getting used to having my own space once again.” A glance to the side and another slight shrug, and she slowly turned her gaze back to her friend. There, the awkwardness had left her at last, and she could get on with the conversation without that hindrance bothering her left and right. “Things will keep looking up, I think. I just have to keep telling myself that, right? And that no matter what, I will always have a place here. Even if I’m not a rider.”
ImageImageImageImage

Kate

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Dark eyes looked at his friend for a moment, smiling softly, glad that she had taken everything in the teasing tone he had meant and wasn't upset about anything he had said. Now, normally he wouldn't have ever worried about something like that, but it had just been a while since they had seen, and spoke, to each other. The bronze rider just wanted to make sure that nothing was getting taken out of context or anything right that. When her voice reached his ears once more, he couldn't help but smile, glad to know that she had taken no offense to it. Shrugging, he said, "Oh I think you give me a bit too much credit, plus, I think you probably already know that I wouldn't do anything like that anyway, ever. No matter what." Truly he wouldn't, not to his friends. To someone who was not his friend, he just might consider doing something like that. Digging until he found something that he could use against them. And even that wasn't really a for sure. Normally he could control himself, and what they were talking about now, using blackmail, was something he would probably only do if someone really pissed him off.

A brow furrowed slightly as A'ric thought about what Alassiel was saying. The young woman did make a good point. It would be kind of weird to have a dragon that thought exactly like you. It would probably get pretty annoying he would imagine. Even more annoying then having a dragon with a huge ego. Chuckling, more to himself than outloud, he found himself very much glad that that was not the case at all. After thinking about what she had said, Aric decided that he was glad that things were the way they were between him and Behemoth. Hearing Alassiel's voice again, A'ric offered her a small smile. 'Well, thanks. That means a lot to me. And to Behemoth. No one ever says if the Weryleader is doing a good or bad job, but I guess as long as nothing went wrong, then we didn't do anything wrong." Well, that was mostly true wasn't it? If something had gone wrong, someone would have said something, whether it be one of their friends, or the whole Weyr. If the people of Atricis had had a problem with what they were doing, the bronze rider was pretty sure he would have known.

Honestly, it felt a bit weird to be talking to Alassiel again, picked up just where they had left off. This was perfect. It was nice to know that even though things had gone a little crazy for both of them, they could just, be the same friends they always had been, like there had been no time in between the last time they had seen each other.

Alassiel's voice broke though his thoughts and he studied her for a few moments before nodding slowly. "I know what you mean. I know I can be stubborn at times, although not nearly as stubborn as Behemoth. Or you I guess." There was a twinkle in his eye and a smile as his face as he said the last part, letting her know once that he was only just playing with her. Nodding he said, "I wouldn't go running home either. No matter what. I know how you feel." When she mentioned wanting to hang out more, he couldn't help but nod eagerly. "I would very much like that too. I've missed having you to talk to."

Smiling as she spoke, he found that he was glad she was settling back in. A'ric had been left Standing a time or two, but no where near as much as Alassiel. Honestly, he didn't know how she felt, but he just knew he could be there for her, if/when she needed him. Smiling softly he said, "You know, that's a good attitude to have. It's one Ive always tried to have, even if it's not the easiest."

Looking around for a moment he smiled again. "So, what do you say? Feel like taking a walk or something while we catch up?"/b] The awkwardness was gone, but he had never been one who could just stand around. It seemed he was always on the move, no matter what.