Ascension { Weyrling Graduation Party }

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Ainokesshou

Tue May 14, 2019 2:13 am

Tag: Kate/A'ric

Aranrod was a bit curious which riders he was referring to, as receiving inherent respect. It seemed like a worthy goal, and she was quite sure it wasn't limited to those who could become Weyrwoman or Weyrleader. She didn't crave power in any real sense, didn't want to control people. But she did want people to look up to her, to seek her advice.

"It's certainly not all we're good for, it's not all that gold dragons are good for. I suppose it would be a disaster for Pern if we all just stopped, but that doesn't seem likely. Apparently making babies is enough fun that women tend to forget about what might come later." She had probably given a bit away there, but she was really planning to give away a lot more. . .

And she answered his question, bluntly, even if she was squirming internally, and perhaps a bit externally. "I don't know if I want Zenith to decide who will be the first person in my bed," she said. "Especially since she wouldn't be choosing based on the person."
Dragonriders
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Day wher handlers
Image Image Image
Wher handlers
ImageImage
Pearlriders
Image Image
Candidates/Weyrfolk
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate

Thu May 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Tag: Aino/Aranrod

Aric could not help but chuckle and nod. ”Oh, I know. Trust me I know. I’ve worked with the Gold riders, and they are not ones to be messed with, and they can most certainly hold their own in drills, training, and thread. Even though I’ve always respected them, I found that I respected them even more than I did before.” Honestly, thee bronze rider found that while this conversation was interesting, it was most certainly an unexpected one. But, it was nice to talk to someone new, and tell them honestly how he felt about these kinds of things. After seeing the higher ranking women in action, he had no doubt there was more to them than anyone thought possible.

Thinking a moment he chuckled again. ”Yes, I do suppose it would indeed be a disaster.” As she continued to speak, dark eyes studied her. What exactly did she mean? What came after? Maybe she was talking about the raising of the child? Somehow he doubted that though, because the crèche took care of the dragon riders children. Smiling softly he said,”That might be true for some, but my ex girlfriend and I never thought twice once we found out that she was pregnant. We couldn’t have been happier to have the child, and so far, it’s been an amazing ride.”

Raising an eyebrow, the bronze rider could not stop the look of shock that came to his face at her bluntness. Clearing his throat he managed to say, ”Well, I would assume a lot of people feel that way. I was kind of like that as well, but ended up just going with whatever happened really. But if that’s what you want to do, that is your choice.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Fri May 17, 2019 3:17 am

Laikkaya/@Tyriani
K'anu found himself nodding as the pretty lady beside him mentioned her dread of the early morning that they faces soon. While he had once been used to such things, that discipline had fallen to the wayside when the rules thar governed him relaxed. It seemed that his new Pyrite was going to be a handful much sooner than K'anu had anticipated. With a mental shrug, K'anu set those thoughts to the side. This moment was to celebrate Mia's graduation and his last day od relaxation before the training begun again.

When Laikkaya brought up sibling love, K'anu felt his cheeks heat slightly. He hadn't meant to mislead the Zultanite rider but he had a chance to fix his blunder. "Mila's family but of the adopted kind. She kinda adopted one day and never left me alone. Even when her Pa was set against me... And when I aged out. She's been by my side more than my older brother has been..." K'anu realized as he spoke to his class mate. The dimglow began to brighten in his mind as he realized once more just how much the green rider had come to mean to him.

Tossing a grin at his companion, K'anu tried to keep the conversation flowing, "So where's your family? Mine still hails from Benden."
Image Image Image
Image Image Image