Ascension { Weyrling Graduation Party }

The main, central area of the Weyr, since it's no longer a "bowl" like before, people have taken to calling it the courtyard, or more often, the Weyr Yard. Dragons land and take off here while people walk from building to building going along their daily duties.
Lanni
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:03 am

Outfit
Open!!
Having finally filled a plate with her favorite goodies and a few new things to try, Mila began to mill around the crowd, nibbling as she went. She hoped to find a friend or two to visit with but in a pinch she was willing to start branching out to find a stranger… maybe even a handsome one. The thought brought a shy smile to her lips as she realized where her thoughts were going. ”I’m going to need to do more than blush if I want to find a friend,” She said softly turning around in a small circle to see if she could find someone as lonesome as she.

Her first pass didn’t turn up anyone but her brown eyes did notice a different table set off from the food that held something that just might stir up something besides an embarrassed blush on her cheeks. Deciding to steel her nerves with a mug of courage, Mila began to weave her way to the beverage tables. Along the way the young Green rider began to ponder just what sort of courage she should try first. As sheltered as she had been before bonding with Arduinnath, Halimila hadn’t had much of a chance to try such drinks. Then there had been their training turns in which drinking had been against the rules.

So here she was, a newly graduated rider, a young woman who was of age for quite a few turns now, who had never had anything stronger than a mug of mulled wine at her father’s side. Standing before the variety of drinks, Mila began to falter before her night had even begun. Biting her lower lip, Mila’s free hand began to drift over the offerings to see which one sprung out to her. ”Which one is the best?” She questioned aloud not paying attention to her surroundings. Maybe she would be lucky enough that someone would overhear and offer her some sound advice.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Loyalty
Pronouns: She/Her

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:12 am

Tag: Halimila
Ensuring that his nose was clean, as he figured it had been, Toross set his hanky away in his pocket. Looking around to see where he might want to wander next, he wondered if a certain someone might be there yet. He had left a modest gift for this person but secretly. As a daywher candidate, he was not allowed to show any affections for anyone. To be sure, he was only an acquaintance with this young woman but he did admire her strength of character. Not to mention the obvious fact, to him at least, that she was very pretty. It wouldn't be good to inspire anything between them at this point, if she even could ever care about him that way. It wasn't his intention to inspire anything either. He just wanted to do something nice for her. She's just graduated from weyrlinghood.

Well, come what may, he'd be alone as was proper but she might have a moment of happiness. That was all he'd wanted. Wandering he passed the dancers, the fire and his nose caught scents that caused his mouth to water. His feet turned towards the food. Selecting a plate he chose a few items and then turned and looked up to find the drink table. As he turned he nearly ran his plate into a person's torso. Barely missing them, he chuckled. "That was close."

Looking up to see who it was he'd almost dumped his food on he first saw a petite lithe form, then the familiar bracelet and ... "Halimila! Good evening, hello. The food looks great and so do you."

[..::|x| Toross ..::|x|::.. Elikos ..::|x|::.. Vikandra |x|::..]

Loot ..::|x|::.. Lists
Altreis

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:36 pm

Tag: Daela, Open
T'ran smiled widely at his friend as she extended her hand. Oh yes, that was indeed the idea and he was quite eager to continue with it. Fingers twined with those of the hand she offered, T'ran easily slipping into place with her. His other hand moved to the small of her back as he took his position. Though Daela could dance circles around him in her sleep, T'ran at least knew this position and a few basic dances. He was hardly a harper like his friend...but with luck he was good enough.

If he were honest with himself however, being in contact with her in such a way only fueled his baser desires more. Still he tempered those embers that wished to spark and burn. Not now, not here. Dancing was what he was doing with her. Perhaps the long abstinence through weyrlinghood left him wanting. At least, such was what he shrugged it off as. Daela was beautiful and very attractive, of course, but he had had weyrling classes with her and many other attractive classmates for nearly a turn. He admired their forms sure but never had he been all that tempted...

Maybe he would have if he tried to dance as he was now. It was one thing to see a person, even talk to them, but it was quite another to be in close contact with them, able to feel and smell them.

Mercifully Daela distracted him just then. T'ran grinned and shifted to try twirling her. "Con-hm..." He almost congratulated her in turn before remembering that Daela would not be graduating for some months yet. Such was part of her punishment for taking one of Igen's candidates. T'ran mentally shrugged, unable to do so physically without disrupting the tempo of the dance. "I'll readily admit Thread didn't really cross my mind. I have been in love with dragons for turns and longed to Impress to one. Tomorrow I will be a full rider in status, though I have been a rider since the moment Adnachielth found me. Tomorrow, just as then, he will still be with me, a part of me. I have spent my weyrlinghood in a wing of sorts with you and our fellow weyrlings, so being in an actual wing I imagine won't be much different...save that few if any of the wingmates I have grown close to will be there with me. And then there is Thread, a menace that must be flamed out of the sky and yet in doing so I risk myself and Adnachielth. We might well be Threadscored, marked for life by the silver menace from the skies, or worse."

With a sigh he broke off, brooding silently for a bit. How to put this? "Honestly...it's a bit daunting, Daela."
Image Image Image Image Image
Ainokesshou

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:34 pm

The bronzerider reached out to stabilize Aranrod, and maybe this is where she should have acted like she needed it. A holder girl would probably have clung to his arm and acted like she had been rescued. At no time in her life had Aranrod been the sort to fake weakness, though.

It was good that he was willing to share the blame for their collision, too. And he noticed her new knots. She was proud of them, more proud than she had been even the first day she wore harper apprentice knots. She had earned these with Zenith, and that was what mattered.

"I'm Aranrod," she responded to his introduction, "of zultanite Zenith. And yes, we just graduated." She nervously brushed her hand down her shirt, straightening it or removing stray bits of fuzz.

She had no idea what she was doing. Flirting seemed so alien to her, despite how many times she had seen others doing it. Her eyes drifted to K'anu, at the beginning of his weyrling training instead of the end, before she focused exclusively on A'ric. "Fortunately, Zenith is much more graceful than I am," she added, "I'm sure we won't collide with any wingleaders in the sky."
Quiloth       Elahrairath     Nahumth       Arjunavoreth
ImageImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas Maukerith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask             Aesk     
Kate

Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:15 am

[Tag: Aino/Aranrod]

It did not take the bronze rider very long to figure it that this young woman was not the type to be awed by him, or inflate his ego. Actually, that thought made him quiet happy, since he didn’t like people who pretended to be something they weren’t. She didn’t NEED him to catch her, that much was obvious, but it made him feel better that he had at least made the effort to keep her from falling and hurting herself.

Aric fought back a chuckle and managed to just smile as she introduced herself and told him that she had been right, that she was indeed one of the Weyrlings whose graduation they were celebrating today. He could hear the pride in her voice, and he couldn’t help but think about how proud he had been of himself and Behemoth when they had graduated.

Nodding, he smiled softly once more. ”It’s not that you are ungrateful. You are still young. You are still getting your feet underneath you. You should probably only worry if you get to be my age and are still rubbing into people like I am apparently, that might be a different story.”

Chuckling lightly the Wigleader just shook his head a little. ”Well yes, you don’t want to do that. At the same time though, the Wingleader and the other riders should also be watching out for the newer members of the Wing too. All in all I doubt you will have any problems.”
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fawkes
Junior Admin
Title: The Majestic Birb
Pronouns: She/Her, or Birb

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:04 am

• Tag ~ T'ran @Altreis

There it was again, that flicker of desire, the tingle that spread from the contact of his hand against her back and Daela could feel the hint of warmth flutter to her cheeks. It had to be T'ran, his emotions that trickled through her, and part of her was almost flattered that he would feel that way about her... Perhaps that's just the way he was though? Or was there something else between them? Every now and then, she felt that flicker from V'ric, but more often those illicit tickles came from T'ran.

Thankfully, the dance was a bit of a distraction, the motions so familiar to her that she could lose herself in them and not have to think about the things T'ran made her feel. It helped that he was distracting himself as well, and Daela listened patiently to the bronzeriders' talk about being a 'rider and what it felt like. She chuckled softly, agreeing with him that from the moment they Impressed they were technically riders, but tomorrow marked a new chapter in that 'riders life. And then the mention of Thread brought a slight furrow to her brow, the ancient enemy always looking to take another victim and she prayed silently it would not be her friend.

"Of course it is..." She whispered softly at his admission, that it was a daunting thought to think about. Thread was never something to take lightly, and everyone seemed to learn that the hard way, by knowing someone close to them who'd been scored. Their own instructor V'an, his brown had been scored and mostly blinded, so they taught the dangers of Thread with experience. "Please be careful up there... I don't know what I would do if you..." She started, leaving the sentence open because she didn't care jinx the celebrations with such thoughts.

"But tonight, we dance." Daela said as a smile replaced that furrowed brow then, and she stepped lithely in the bronzeriders' arms, moving with the music. Nothing could bring her down when she was dancing, and she let the music flow through her and down into her feet. Though technically the bronzerider was leading her, subtle sways or squeeze of her hands were little hints that would guide him through the motions as effortlessly as her own. She enjoyed dancing with him, he was light on his feet and confident, though there was a tickle of emotions whenever the tempo called for something a little closer and more intimate.
"You are only given one little spark of madness,
... you mustn't lose it"

ImageImageImage
The Lady . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Vixen . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Knight

ImageImageImage
The Matron . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Joker . . ~ ~ * ~ ~ . . The Princess

Image Image
The Mariner . ~ * ~ . The Spirit

#332500/#C1A00C | #8AA259 | #A8482A | #B69064 | #667A8C | #B72334/#C3C3D0 | #181D68
~ Character Tracker ~ | * Marks Tracker *
Ainokesshou

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:48 am

Tag: Kate/A'ric

Aranrod couldn't say that she was too happy about the idea of other people watching out for her because she was new. She knew it was necessary, but it still bothered her. She didn't mind the way that wingmates in general watched out for each other, she just did not like the fact that at first she would be more of a burden than a help. Graduated or not, she knew that the newest members of a wing still had a great deal to learn.

She was a little more tolerant of the idea that she still had some settling into her body to do; she'd had one final growth spurt at about the same time as Zenith's after all. It wasn't exactly what she wanted him to be thinking about, though. Awkward foals were not exactly attractive.

They certainly weren't seductive. Not that she had any idea how to be that, either.

She smiled wryly. "I'm not all THAT young," she said, lifting her chin firmly to look him in the eye.
Quiloth       Elahrairath     Nahumth       Arjunavoreth
ImageImageImageImage
Zenith         Ramlahvas Maukerith
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
   Atumra       Panlovis     Galask  Gask             Aesk     
Altreis

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 am

Tag: Daela
"Please be careful up there... I don't know what I would do if you..."

The words echoed around in T'ran's head, somehow managing to warm and chill him simultaneously. It was nice to know she would be thinking off him, that she wished for his safety, but it also was a reminder of just how dangerous Threadfighting was. Yet it was a dragonrider's duty and a reality he chose to accept by becoming a candidate. Impression only put a timer on how long he had left before facing Pern's ancient menace.

Before he could do or say anything though, Daela smiled and insisted on dancing more. For the most part T'ran was perfectly happy to do so and allowed himself to be distracted for some time. Dancing with Daela was a much more pleasant experience to focus on rather than what Thread could do to him and his dragon. However such thoughts lingered beneath the surface, tickling at his consciousness. Her words tickled as well, everything being mulled over while he "led" their dance. The real leader was Daela, giving him little nudges here and there to direct him. As dance partners T'ran was the leading role but the truth was...he was the follower.

At least up until something in him snapped, just a little. The thoughts simmering just beneath the surface finally sorted themselves out and T'ran acted upon what he felt. A plan was executed even as it was still forming. He was still dancing, yet he felt the movements and waited for what he knew had to be coming. And once they reached that point, began to turn...

T'ran turned the wrong way, throwing them both a little off-balance. However he caught them both, steadying himself and holding Daela close so that she wouldn't fall in the stumble. In so doing he turned a botched turn in a dance into a hug, holding her snugly against him.

"Thank you," T'ran murmured softly. "Even for someone like me who tends to be more...go with the flow I guess you could say...Thread is a pretty scary thing to face. If I don't, if dragonriders did not take to the skies in Pern's defense..." He trailed off with a sigh. "I might be scared but I will not back down from what I need to do to protect everyone. That said, strange as it sounds, hearing specifically from someone, knowing their thoughts go with me...it gives me courage. Thank you for that, Daela. And I promise you, as I do my other friends, my family, and my Weyr: I will do everything I can to keep my and my dragon's hide intact." He relaxed his arms then, smiling gently at her. "Thank you," he repeated, the warmth of his gratitude obvious.
Image Image Image Image Image
Ember
Title: Plot Enabler
Pronouns: She/Her or They/Them

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:09 am

[ Tag N'kili [ @Shaihulud ]

"... I might have stolen a sip or two when my family was not watching."

Dirce tried to hide her expression as she watched the woman, and she set a hand on her shoulder gently as she drank. The drinks, the harsher ones like what Dirce was enjoying at the moment, definitely were not for everyone. She was not going to laugh though, or tease, that was not in her to do and was in poor spirits besides. It would take a lesser person to do that to someone not used to such flavors on their tongues and in their bellies. "Make sure you eat something before too long. The harsh stuff is... as harsh coming back up as it is going down." She knew what she'd have coming at her in the morning, and she wasn't looking forward to it, but this was something she'd been awaiting for quite some time as well.

"Oh goodness." She grabbed another small glass container filled with something amber in color and started to sip at it. "It tastes horrible, and I know what I'm going to face when I open my eyes to the next rising sun, and yet I'm doing it anyway. I'll tell you why too, N'kili - I'm doing it because its freedom. Its freedom from training, and its the last chance to make an ass of myself before..." She stopped and the smile on her face became bittersweet. "I never make an ass of myself, but it feels like my only chance to do something like this now that my role in life has changed. It feels like my last change to truly say goodbye to the old guard before the new has the chance to make that last settling in."

Please visit the above link for a list of my current
characters, links to their profiles, to see what
they look like, and find other little facts about them!

[ Marks Tracker | Graphics Shop | NPC Archive ]

“You fail only if you stop writing.”
— Ray Bradbury —
Kate

Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 pm

[Tag: Aino/Aranrod]

While the bronze rider had planned to not stay very long, he dfigured that it wouldn’t hurt. Finding someone to talk to had not been hard, and actually, it hadn’t been anyone he had thought he might talk to. Honestly, he had only come to have a few drinks, and congratulate V’ric on graduating. Maybe now though, it would be a bit more bearable. Besides, this young woman seemed very nice, and everyone needed a few friends, right? Besides, he could see his cousin tomorrow, right? Or whenever? It had pleased A'ric to know that V'ric had been put in his Wing. That thought also made the night a bit more bearable as well. It would be nice to spend time with his cousin that he so dearly missed.

Taking another sip of his drink, he watched her for a moment, and then glanced around again. There seemed to be people all over the place, although, quiet honestly, no as many as the man had expected to see. Then again, maybe they were all just congregating somewhere, and he just hadn’t seen them yet.

Hearing the young woman's voice once more, he quickly turned his attention back to her, offering her a small chuckle and smile. "Well, I think you look young enough. Besides, I thought women liked to be told they looked younger than they really were? If you'd like, next time I can call you old? Although, you probably wouldn't like that." There was a tease in his voice at that. Never, ever, would he call a woman old. He had been raised better than that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage